PDA

View Full Version : Avatar D20 System

Foolster41
2008-04-18, 01:52 AM
I'm working on combining the material from the world of Avatar: the last airbender with the D20 system.Anyone who would like to help with this project are welcome.

So far I've written some stuff for creatures and items.
the wiki is at www.Avatard20srd.pbwiki.com
I can't wait to see contributions! thanks!

The Rose Dragon
2008-04-18, 04:58 AM
Well, it is already done, so no sense re-inventing the wheel, yes?

Mephibosheth
2008-04-18, 08:53 AM
Like The Rose Dragon said, we've been working on an Avatar d20 setting on these boards for a while now. The project started here in November or December 2006 if I remember correctly. You can see an (almost) up-to-date collection of our work on our project website (http://avatar.d20.googlepages.com/). This site contains most of the content that we've completed, as well as links to some useful Avatar sites and another attempt at an Avatar d20. You can also check out our discussions via the project hub (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67493), which has links to all of the discussion and playtesting threads.

That said, it looks like you've got an interesting start to the system. If I'm reading things right, you've mostly been using element-based spells to mimic bending forms, limited by the number of chi points the character has available. I've seen at least one other system that uses chi points, but both systems approach it in slightly different ways. I look forward to see how your system ends up once it's been developed a bit more.

Mephibosheth

Guyr Adamantine
2008-04-18, 11:20 AM
This site is dedicated to creating the first ever fan Role Playing Game based on the world of Avatar: The Last Air Bender...

:biggrin: One year and a half late, man!

jagadaishio
2008-04-18, 04:39 PM
At least you found the right forum for Avatar d20 stuff. If you're lucky, someone may even start another Avatar campaign here again.

Foolster41
2008-04-21, 01:41 PM
Yeah. I just noticed it. I should have looked first. What you have looks really cool.I have some ideas I'd like to contribute from my wiki(then I'm just closing it down.) I'm sending an e-mail now to the owner of the site.

Like you said, no use in reinventing the wheel. Feel free to use my ideas in your project. I'd rahter have one good project than two competing ones.

Edit: That was a bit more emo than I meant it. The whole point of my project was just what Meph is doing, so working on that one makes more sense to me than doing my own.(Though I may still work on an alternate bending system based on chi along side the other content.)