PDA

View Full Version : So how would you stat this weapon?

The Cats
2008-04-18, 09:45 PM
OMGWTFBBQLOL What IS that?!? (http://www.myarmoury.com/images/features/pic_spot_combo62_s.gif)

Never going to actually use it, but dang ain't it sweet?

Shinton
2008-04-18, 10:10 PM
Um.. not sure really

I think that would be more than Exotic...

Probably "Advanced Shield" (req: general, and tower)

I guess split the weapons apart too

Spiked Gauntet. 1d6? 20/x2
Long(short) sword. 1d8/1d6 19-20/x2
Buckler 1d6? 20/x2

Probably off hand.

XD That is awesome tho...

TheLogman
2008-04-18, 10:28 PM
Probably the inspiration for this character (http://www.feartheboot.com/comic/default.aspx?c=23). He attacks with weapons very very similar to that, exploiting the rules to basically ruin the game.

Now on to the topic. Ya, actually, what I would do is homebrew a new weapons system just for that. I would work similar to Multi-Attack and TWF, allowing you to attack with the 3-4 weapons attached to the monstrosity there in one turn for a hefty penalty. It would allow for some nice builds though, especially if you enchant the different blades differently.

tyckspoon
2008-04-18, 10:29 PM
I'd just go with wearing a buckler and a spiked gauntlet while wielding a shortsword. No special proficiency needed, although you may want Improved Buckler Defense or whatever it was that removes the penalty for having a buckler on the same arm you're fighting with.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-04-19, 09:45 AM
Shortsword+spiked small shield+spiked gauntlet.

Lappy9000
2008-04-19, 12:03 PM
Wha-what is that thing even called? It's the aberration of the equipment world.

Adumbration
2008-04-19, 12:57 PM
It looks a bit like that buckler-blade from Races of Stone. Turtle something, wasn't it? Worked like a buckler, except when you attack with it.

Roderick_BR
2008-04-19, 01:22 PM
Races of Stone also have a "gauntlet shield". It's basically a exotic large metal shield, directly bolted in the back of the wrist in a metal gauntlet. It doesn't allow enough space to use a weapon, but your hand is free enough to hold and carry objects, and free your hand for spellcasting (spell failure for arcane magic apply).
You could combine it with the buckler-shield, with that a hilt to store an extra weapon (that photo doesn't look like you can hit with that sword without having to draw it).