PDA

View Full Version : your favorite star trek episodes

billwill91
2008-04-20, 08:11 PM
i've always been a big fan of star trek, all even movies and the shows, and i was wondering what you (the common geek) thought about it.

ST:TOS
the trouble with tribbles

ST:TNG
genesis
descent I
et al.

ST:DS9
trials and tribbleations

ST:VOY
year of hell I and II

ST:ENT
the one with the borg

MOVIES
first contact

Mr._Blinky
2008-04-20, 08:32 PM
Best of Both Worlds isn't on your list?:smallconfused:

comicshorse
2008-04-20, 08:42 PM
The Borg episode from Enterprise ? Wow, that one would make my worst ever list

turkishproverb
2008-04-20, 10:03 PM
How is Star Trek 2: The wrath of Khan not on your list?

adanedhel9
2008-04-20, 10:56 PM
Hrm, it's too long since I've watched enough Star Trek to name any particular favorites. The series finales of TNG and DS9 stand out, though, but I'm a sucker for the end of a tale. (I haven't seen enough TOS or Voyager to make any comment on their finales, and Enterprise's just sucked.)

Favorite movie would probably be The Voyage Home, though First Contact is a very close second.

Woofsie
2008-04-21, 02:02 AM
My favourite ever was Preemptive Strike. Of course, All Good Things was also awesome, as well as anything with Q in it.

DraPrime
2008-04-21, 07:22 AM
How is Star Trek 2: The wrath of Khan not on your list?

Indeed. How is that not on your list?

billwill91
2008-04-21, 07:59 AM
srry, the even movies from the origional series are implied...

excluding VI, ive not seen it

I do prefer IV over II, but its not that far over

i can say that i've actually been to the monterey bay aquarium where they filmed IV and i saw the tank spock swims in (he wasnt there when i went...crap) it...was...awesome!!!

TheRiov
2008-04-21, 03:17 PM
ST:TOS
City on the Edge of Forever
Devil in the Dark
Balance of Terror

ST:TNG
Unification I & II

ST:DS9
Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
In the Pale Moonlight

ST:VOY
Message in a Bottle
Living Witness

ST:ENT
In a Mirror, Darkly

MOVIES
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn[/QUOTE]

WORST:
TOS:
Spock's Brain
"Jim, his brain is gone..."
"You are not Morg. You are not Eyemorg." uhm. ok. Go Hermaphroditic Morg?

Voyager:
Threshold
Paris goes really fast. This turns Paris into a newt. Paris kidnaps Janeway. Paris turns Janeway into a newt. They have baby newts. They get better.

Vael Nir
2008-04-21, 03:44 PM
I've been quite a fan of Deep Space 9 since I borrowed some cassettes from a friend. Let's see:

Call to Arms: the beginning of a kickass arc.

Garak is awesome.
"Let me tell you a story. I once knew a Cardassian, a dashing, handsome young man with a promising career. And then one day, through no fault of his own, he found himself exiled and alone, with nowhere to turn. But did he give up? No. Instead he struck upon a brilliant plan. Rather than fleeing for the rest of his life, he sought shelter in the one place no one expected him to go. In a stronghold of his people's most hated enemies. There, surrounded by hostile strangers, he built a life. And there, against all odds, against the merciless logic of the Universe itself, he thrived."
"By becoming the greatest tailor in the galaxy."

In the Pale Moonlight: ooh, grey morality! and more garak!

"Who's watching Tolar?"
"I've locked him in his quarters. I've also left him with the distinct impression that if he attempts to force the door open, it may explode."
"I hope that's just an impression."
"It's best not to dwell on such minutiae."

I also remember liking The Killing Game from Voyager, as well as the Year of Hell.

nothingclever
2008-04-21, 04:15 PM
I'll never remember the names so I'll just describe the best moments. These are from the original Captain Kirk series.

1. When the crew beams down in a war zone yet you don't even see any weapons or people. All you hear is the whistling sounds of mortars. One red shirt stands up and says I think I see something and he is instantly vaporized by a laser blast all within the first 5 minutes or so of the episode. You never even see what killed him.

2. The episode where Spock pretends to be unconscious and two bad guys each swing one of his arms over a shoulder and he nerve pinches both of them at the same time.

3. TITLE: Miri EPISODE: Season 1, Episode 08 "Grubs and onlies" were hilarious.

4. The episode where I think it was Khan, takes over Kirk's ship and makes a big deal about how he's 5 times better than the regular human at everything or at least strength. Captain Kirk beats him at the end by hitting over and over again while he's on the ground with a plastic pipe he breaks off from the ship.

5. The episode where the crew is held captive on a deserted planet in a room where a man with advanced technology creates different environments based on time periods of 100+ years ago and tries to force everyone to play games with him. This is like 5 million episodes though.

One episode not from the original series.
6. The episode where Harry Kim is trapped in a dream state where some alien warps reality and turns him into a helpless shriveled up man and then a baby and taunts him constantly for his fear of being helpless.

TheRiov
2008-04-21, 04:43 PM
1. When the crew beams down in a war zone yet you don't even see any weapons or people. All you hear is the whistling sounds of mortars. One red shirt stands up and says I think I see something and he is instantly vaporized by a laser blast all within the first 5 minutes or so of the episode. You never even see what killed him.
Think you're talking about Arena.

2. The episode where Spock pretends to be unconscious and two bad guys each swing one of his arms over a shoulder and he nerve pinches both of them at the same time.
NO idea.

4. The episode where I think it was Khan, takes over Kirk's ship and makes a big deal about how he's 5 times better than the regular human at everything or at least strength. Captain Kirk beats him at the end by hitting over and over again while he's on the ground with a plastic pipe he breaks off from the ship.

Space Seed

5. The episode where the crew is held captive on a deserted planet in a room where a man with advanced technology creates different environments based on time periods of 100+ years ago and tries to force everyone to play games with him. This is like 5 million episodes though.

Probably talking about The Squire of Gothos --trelane was the inspiration for the Q character.

nothingclever
2008-04-21, 07:54 PM
The original series is the best simply for the camp value.

billwill91
2008-04-23, 08:25 AM
yeah ^^ gotta respect the classics!!

thats why i'll actually sit down and watch star trek 1

i also liked disaster from next gen because ensign ro got schooled...i HATE her

Skjaldbakka
2008-04-24, 05:34 AM
One of my favorites is the one where Troi gets impregnated by a ball of light.

LBO
2008-04-24, 05:41 AM
TNG: Best of Both Worlds, Yesterday's Enterprise.
DS9: Anything involving Garak, in particular the Improbable Cause/Die Is Cast two-parter, and a lot of the last two seasons.

Sundog
2008-04-24, 12:59 PM
Think you're talking about Arena.

Yes, that's "Arena". It's one of my two favourite episodes, the other being "Balance of Terror".

In "Balance", they show that sometimes war must be fought, but that there is ever a price. In "Arena", they complement that with the final revelation that war can be averted, as long as one side is willing to stop and try another way.

TOS, at it's best, had a philosophical power that nonje of the other ST series have yet touched. Not that they were bad (except Voyager and early Enterprise), but they weren't TOS.

Mauve Shirt
2008-04-24, 01:09 PM
Heehee, "Turnabout Intruder"

Because in the future there will be coin-operated sex change machines in every hospital room.

Joran
2008-04-24, 02:03 PM
TOS, at it's best, had a philosophical power that nonje of the other ST series have yet touched. Not that they were bad (except Voyager and early Enterprise), but they weren't TOS.

Probably because TOS was first and was filmed in a pretty interesting time period with the Cold War, the Sexual Revolution, the Civil Rights movement, the Feminist movement, and the Vietnam War all happening concurrently.

I do however like Voyager, even if it did ruin the Borg and Q :(