PDA

View Full Version : Parson's "special"

Capt'n Ironbrow
2008-04-24, 07:22 AM
Parson is a Level 2 Chief warlord, he is also rated as "special". I think he wonders as much as we do what that means.

A two things came to mind (speculation),

1. His "special is a "Plot-shield", when Parson gets hit, the Plot-shield goes PLOT! and reduces or negates damage. :smalltongue:

2. The "special" means he has yet to get any stats other than his commander level, which he will get after his Stupid-meal sword has been completed. His stats will be completed as the sword is... He's new to the world and is not yet completely integrated. His appearance is allready changing to fit in so getting stats might be a gradual progress (for an outsider) too.

3. it simply means he has no stats other than commander level and won't have any other stats. ever. which means he has neither hitpoints, attack value and defence rating. This might influence his mortality too, maybe the only way for Parson to die is to be disbanded.

any other idea's? I keep thinking that the sword might give him combat stats. Actually, I think it's highly probable that the completed sword will make Parson an actual unit as it gives him (limited) combat capabilities.

SteveMB
2008-04-24, 08:00 AM
Parson is a Level 2 Chief warlord, he is also rated as "special". I think he wonders as much as we do what that means.

Well, one "special" thing we do know about him is that his stat block is invisible (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0044.html). However, I suspect that the metastory purpose of his invisible stat block is to conceal something more significant. (Note that Bogroll's stat block has a comment identifying his "special" ability as regeneration; presumably if Parson's stats were visible there's be at least a brief identification of his "special" feature.)

SirBel
2008-04-24, 09:23 AM
I think Parson is a Titan!

Poeir
2008-05-02, 09:02 AM
Parson's from our world, where this kind of game is commonplace (at least among Parson's clique). In these games, the pieces (warlords, infantry, whatever) live and die based on the roll of the dice and the actions of the players. The dice can't die, and neither can the players. There is no action a player can take against another player within the bounds of the game. A player could kill another player, conceptually, but that wouldn't happen inside the bounds of the game.

Since Erfworld is entirely within the bounds of the game, Parson's likely to be unable to die. He just can't be affected by the game.

LurkerInPlayground
2008-05-02, 09:32 PM
Has anybody noticed that Parson is going on a diet? Before he's eating Stupid Meals and later we see him on Jared's diet.

Subways. Eat Fresh.

I'm thinking Parson is following the whole "journey of self-improvement" here.