PDA

View Full Version : trying to force thru a save or lose spell (will negates)

Boduse
2008-04-24, 05:31 PM
I'm looking for a low level spell that will modify a will save of an opponent. are there any spells that give negative points to will saves for a duration in levels 1-3? something like a ray would be prefered. something truestrikeable. I'm a lvl6 wizard looking for a way to force thru curse of the putrid husk, or at least give it a better chance of eliminating a big threat. any suggestions?

Chosen_of_Vecna
2008-04-24, 05:35 PM
I'm looking for a low level spell that will modify a will save of an opponent. are there any spells that give negative points to will saves for a duration in levels 1-3? something like a ray would be prefered. something truestrikeable. I'm a lvl6 wizard looking for a way to force thru curse of the putrid husk, or at least give it a better chance of eliminating a big threat. any suggestions?

Um. If you can get it to fail a will save you can do between 4 and 8 Wisdom damage via the Spell Compendium Illusion spell. But that would probably not be needed if you could get them to fail a will save. Or you can try for Touch of Idiocy, but that's not a ray, it's Touch. Level one though, a Reached Touch of Idiocy is only a level 2 spell.

But yeah. That's the only thing that I can think of.

Frosty
2008-04-24, 05:37 PM
A reached Touch of Idiocy is a 3rd level spell.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-04-24, 05:40 PM
Mind fog, of course. Sorta useless, but it kills when it works.

valadil
2008-04-24, 05:45 PM
It's a little higher level than you'd like, but try Fear. They run away on a failed save, but even if they make the save they get -2 to will saves after that.

Mewtarthio
2008-04-24, 06:12 PM
Mind fog, of course. Sorta useless, but it kills when it works.

Too bad it's Will Negates.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-04-24, 06:32 PM
Which is why I added the sorta useless bit. But hey, if it works, like, say, on a tarrasque, the thing's going down on your next Will SoD.