PDA

View Full Version : Naruto: Shippūden the Movie (possible spoilers)

kentma57
2008-04-29, 04:59 PM
So the subbed(or is it Dubbed) version of Naruto: Shippūden the Movie (http://www.bleachexile.com/multimedia/naruto-shippuuden-anime-downloads/) has finaly come out (Thanks dattabayo (http://www.dattebayo.com/)); I was wondering have you seen it and what did you think?

Various
2008-04-29, 06:59 PM
Filler episode only 75% longer with groan-worthy "you must live!" BS scenes. Also I cannot stand the terrible character designs that the filler guy comes up with. Their look clashes so terribly with the author's style and he seems incapable of any meaningful variation. Still no Hinata.

Obrysii
2008-04-29, 09:15 PM
Filler = Lose.

Bring out the Pein/Jiraiya fight and I'll be happy.

Talkkno
2008-04-29, 10:52 PM
. Still no Hinata.

QFT, though I wouldn't mind TenTen either....^_^

thubby
2008-04-29, 11:08 PM
my first thought was "why is this a naruto movie?" seriously, most of the story has nothing to do with the narutoverse.

Rogue 7
2008-04-29, 11:39 PM
Personally, I'm half-looking forward to this filler arc as it gives more team 10, and then we get Shikamaru vs. Hidan. In my opinion that's the high point of the manga (sadly it rapidly declines following Pein vs. Jiraya)

Various
2008-04-30, 03:43 AM
Personally, I'm half-looking forward to this filler arc as it gives more team 10, and then we get Shikamaru vs. Hidan. In my opinion that's the high point of the manga (sadly it rapidly declines following Pein vs. Jiraya)

To be fair there has only been one story arc since Jiraya's fight and its still going on right now.

Rogue 7
2008-04-30, 10:55 AM
Let me correct myself- if Sasuke's in the picture, the quality of the manga decreases greatly.

Obrysii
2008-04-30, 09:33 PM
Let me correct myself- if Sasuke's in the picture, the quality of the manga decreases greatly.

True, but more zetsu is always win.

And finding more about Itachi is always cool. Though I'd much rather have a Discovering Kisame arc .... as he's one of the coolest characters in the series (a sadistic murder who is always respect and polite, and has more chakra than pretty much anything in the series? Hell yeah!).

Gael_Judicium
2008-04-30, 09:36 PM
I need to start reading the translations as they come out online (i read SJ -.-)

Rogue 7
2008-05-01, 12:21 AM
I need to start reading the translations as they come out online (i read SJ -.-)

www.onemanga.com- good site, that one.

Cubey
2008-05-01, 05:42 AM
Here's my theory on Naruto:
It would be a much better series if one, tiny detail happened.
Remember when Haku made Sasuke go into "false death" mode, seemingly killing him but really just eliminating his life signs for a short while?
The series would be much more enjoyable if he just killed Sasuke then.

Think about it. Not only we have one Marty Stu out of the picture, but other consequences also make the series better. First of all: character development for Naruto and Sakura, who after Sasuke's death would blame themselves for their stupidity or uselessness, respectively. They would not want it to happen again, therefore they'd take steps to assure it doesn't happen. Because of that, Naruto would become more mature and a smart combatant much faster than he did, and Sakura too would become a real, fully fledged Action Girl that Naruto desperately needed, without Tsunade's training.
I never liked the main characters very much, but now one of them (the worst, a total Marty Stu) is dead, and the others are much better, losing qualities that made them annoying while retaining the more sympathetic ones.

Additional steps with which you may or may not agree with, depending on which characters you like or not. Your mileage may vary:
After the return to the Leaf Village, the team gets a new member, and that is Shino. In the mean time, Hinata is in Shikamaru and Choji's team. Ino (who annoys me because she's basically a sluttier Sakura) never made it Genin, Kiba (who annoys me because he's a more gung-ho Naruto with a dog) never existed, or alternatively will appear as a non-teamed ninja.

And of course it means Orochimaru will have to go around looking for an alternate target, with everyone with a Sharingan either too strong to pick on or dead. Maybe a Byakugan user?

Obrysii
2008-05-01, 06:31 AM
And of course it means Orochimaru will have to go around looking for an alternate target, with everyone with a Sharingan either too strong to pick on or dead. Maybe a Byakugan user?

I have been thinking - why didn't Orochimaru, arguably one of the elder, more respected of the Akatsuki, go after Pein's Rinne'gan? Perhaps he thought it suicide, perhaps it lacks the power he desires (though it does seem to be right up his ally - the ability to use all six forms of chakra; apparent transferring of consciousness to multiple bodies ...), perhaps...?

Oh well. We'll likely never know.

Cubey
2008-05-01, 06:36 AM
ICly, Pein was too strong for him. Besides, Orochimaru prefers 12-something boys anyway.

OOCly, when Kishimoto created Orochimaru and set up his motivation, he didn't even know what the rest of Akatsuki will be like.

Xuincherguixe
2008-05-01, 06:49 AM
It was basically an extra long filler episode, except that it was a "fairly good filler episode".

Interestingly enough, the fights with the various mooks were pretty good stuff.

The sappy melodrama was aggravating, but considering what the previous movies were like, that's not exactly surprising.

It's unlikely that we'll ever see any character development that didn't happen in the Manga. Which is too bad because there's an awful lot they could do.

Obrysii
2008-05-01, 07:21 AM
ICly, Pein was too strong for him. Besides, Orochimaru prefers 12-something boys anyway.

Yeah. Though Pein doesn't look too much older than the main cast ... he is, of course. Probably mid-thirties, actually. And seeing as Pein only used 1/6th of his resources to take down Jiraiya (thus qualifying Jiraiya as an appropriate encounter per D&D rules :P ), Orochimaru would not likely be much more of a challenge.

Especially with those chakra-distorting black ooze spear things.

OOCly, when Kishimoto created Orochimaru and set up his motivation, he didn't even know what the rest of Akatsuki will be like.

Of course. The original version of Naruto probably had Itachi as the final villian, until Kishimoto's editors said, "make it loooong" ... hence the Akatsuki.

Rogue 7
2008-05-01, 02:08 PM
Here's my theory on Naruto:
It would be a much better series if one, tiny detail happened.
Remember when Haku made Sasuke go into "false death" mode, seemingly killing him but really just eliminating his life signs for a short while?
The series would be much more enjoyable if he just killed Sasuke then.

Think about it. Not only we have one Marty Stu out of the picture, but other consequences also make the series better. First of all: character development for Naruto and Sakura, who after Sasuke's death would blame themselves for their stupidity or uselessness, respectively. They would not want it to happen again, therefore they'd take steps to assure it doesn't happen. Because of that, Naruto would become more mature and a smart combatant much faster than he did, and Sakura too would become a real, fully fledged Action Girl that Naruto desperately needed, without Tsunade's training.
I never liked the main characters very much, but now one of them (the worst, a total Marty Stu) is dead, and the others are much better, losing qualities that made them annoying while retaining the more sympathetic ones.

Additional steps with which you may or may not agree with, depending on which characters you like or not. Your mileage may vary:
After the return to the Leaf Village, the team gets a new member, and that is Shino. In the mean time, Hinata is in Shikamaru and Choji's team. Ino (who annoys me because she's basically a sluttier Sakura) never made it Genin, Kiba (who annoys me because he's a more gung-ho Naruto with a dog) never existed, or alternatively will appear as a non-teamed ninja.

I agree with your points on Sasuke, but what's with the hate for Ino, and even less understandably, Kiba? Kiba's awesome! Though I can't see any of the other rookie 9 fitting in all that well with Naruto and Sakura, at least on a team. Assuming that Orochimaru wouldn't be able to control the 9-tailed fox, he'd quite possibly just try and destroy Konoha. I can't see him bothering with Byakugan, though.

Cubey
2008-05-01, 02:40 PM
I agree that, on second though, Byakugan is under Orochimaru's expectations. With Sasuke gone it's Naruto or bust for him.
As for Ino and Kiba - I said, mileage may vary. I found them annoying, especially Ino. I'd tolerate Kiba in my "perfected Naruto", but certainly not Ino. That, and I'd like Hayate to live at least a little bit longer, but that may be as fanboyish a move as Sasuke is Marty Stu-ish.

thubby
2008-05-01, 10:41 PM
I have been thinking - why didn't Orochimaru, arguably one of the elder, more respected of the Akatsuki, go after Pein's Rinne'gan? Perhaps he thought it suicide, perhaps it lacks the power he desires (though it does seem to be right up his ally - the ability to use all six forms of chakra; apparent transferring of consciousness to multiple bodies ...), perhaps...?

Oh well. We'll likely never know.

maybe pein is to "big" to usurp. his soul holds command over 6 bodies, could orochimaru fill his shoes?

Obrysii
2008-05-02, 09:19 AM
maybe pein is to "big" to usurp. his soul holds command over 6 bodies, could orochimaru fill his shoes?

Makes you wonder why Madara is bossing him around - though I'm sure we'll see a "usurping" fight between the two.

Depends on who's supposed to be the main villain. It'll probably be Madara, given Kishimoto's uchiha lust.

thubby
2008-05-02, 09:31 AM
i was thinking more along the lines of the "i steal your body" thing orochimaru does.
unless madara is trying that too 0,o

Obrysii
2008-05-02, 09:35 AM
i was thinking more along the lines of the "i steal your body" thing orochimaru does.
unless madara is trying that too 0,o

Well, what probably happened was Jiraiya came back to Konoha way back when and said, "hey - turns out the shy kid I was training has the Rinne'gan ..."

Orochimaru heard this, and possibly began to learn his body-switch technique to eventually get those eyes. But when he joined Akatsuki to get closer, he found that Pein would be completely unbeatable - those Eyes could never be his. And so he focused his attention on the next most powerful eyes, the Sharingan.

Of course, this is all retcon. The biggest plot hole would be: why didn't Jiraiya take Nagato back with him to Konoha, if he had such powerful Eyes?

thubby
2008-05-02, 09:48 AM
because good is dumb? jiraya had to respect his personal choice? i don't really know all that much about the whole affair, but if naruto goes how i think it does, its something like that.