PDA

View Full Version : Leave Them Kids Alone (PEACH)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bhu
2008-04-30, 03:54 AM
Got a request for Kobold PC's. Will be editing the rest in as I go, but wanted to see what you guys thought so far:

KOBOLD MAMA

http://Picture URL

”YIPYAP!! NO SLOUCHING!!STOP TEASING YOUR SISTER NOBBY!!WHO LEFT THIS ON THE FLOOR!?!?!”

Kobolds are a diligent and hardworking race, and while the menfolk are out trapping and mining and such the women are left to defend the eggs and children. Woe be unto he who faces down a pack of irate Kobold mothers…

BECOMING A KOBOLD MAMA
Becoming a Kobold Mother is pretty easy. Simply be a female Kobold, and have children. Well, and gain a little experience. Adrenaline fueled rage will provide the rest.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Race: Kobold
Skills: Intimidate 8 Ranks
Feats: Skill Focus (Intimidate)
Base Save: Must have 1 Base Saving Throw at +5
Special: Must have given birth and be in the process of raising your children.

Class Skills
The Kobold Mama’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Local) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), and Spot (Wis).
Skills Points at Each Level : 6 + int

Hit Dice: d8

BAB Fort Ref Will Abilities
1. +0 +2 +0 +2 Using The Mom Voice
2. +1 +3 +0 +3 Dont Push Your Luck
3. +2 +3 +1 +3 I Must Protect The Children
4. +3 +4 +1 +4 Apparently You Cant Hear Me...
5. +3 +4 +1 +4 You Have Officially Unleashed The Fury
6. +4 +5 +2 +5 I Must Protect The Children
7. +5 +5 +2 +5 Say Hello To My Relatives In Hell
8. +6 +6 +2 +6 Don't Make Me Say It Again
9. +6 +6 +3 +6 I Must Protect The Children
10.+7 +7 +3 +7 Beware The Power Of A Mother Scorned

Weapon Proficiencies: Kobold Mama’s gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Using The Mom Voice (Ex): You gain a +4 Circumstance bonus on Intimidate checks, and once per day you may reroll any roll of "1" when making an Intimidate check.

Dont Push Your Luck (Ex): You have become amazingly proficient with hitting people with whatever is at hand. You take no penalty when using improvised weapons and may actually take Feats such as Weapon Focus (Improvised Weapon).

I Must Protect The Children: At 3rd level you may are considered to be flanking an opponent so long as there is a child or Kobold in any square adjacent to him.

At 6th level you gain a Circumstance Bonus to all rolls when defending children. The bonus is equal to the number of children you are defending (maximum possible bonus equal to half your Kobold Mama level).

At 9th level you may Smite Adventurer 1/day. You must declare this attack before rolling the dice, and if the attack misses it is still used. The attack adds your Kobold Mama level to the damage done. You may smite anyone attacking a child, or anyone you choose while defending a child.

Apparently You Cant Hear Me...(Ex): As a move action you may speak so loudly you are capable of being heard up to 1 mile away. Good for getting people's attention, or shouting warnings.

You Have Officially Unleashed The Fury (Ex): At 5th level when in defense of a child you may go into a Fury. This lasts 3 rounds plus 1 round per point of Constitution modifier. You may enter a Fury 1/day at 5th level, and 2/day at 7th level. The effects are identical to the spell "Tenser's Transformation".

Say Hello To My Relatives In Hell(Ex): When fighting to defend children the critical threat range of any attack the Kobold Mama makes increases by 1 (i.e. if it normally criticals on a 20, it now criticals on a 19-20, etc), and she gets a +2 Circumstance modifier to damage rolls.

Don't Make Me Say It Again: You may always reroll any result of "1" on Intimidate checks. If you successfully use Intimidate in a Duel of Wills or to Demoralize an opponent, his penalties last the rest of the encounter instead of 1 round.

Beware The Power Of A Mother Scorned: When you enter your Fury you now are considered to have Powerful Build, and may wield unconscious/helpless/dead foes as an improvised weapon. Bodies are considered to be 2 handed weapons unless they are 2 Size Classes smaller than the Mama. They do Bludgeoning damage for an improvised weapon of their size. If still living they take 1d6 damage plus the Kobold Mamas Str Bonus every time they are successfully used to hit something. While in your Fury you gain DR x/-. x=the number of children within 60' you are defending (max DR 10/-).

PLAYING A KOBOLD MAMA
You take no sass, and you expect others to do as they’re told. You know best after all. Best for the kids, best for yourself, and best for that stupid Paladin. He needs to find a nice reptilian woman to wake him up to the realities of life. You’ll have to tell that dragoness down the road about him.
Combat: You aren’t the most powerful of combatants. Unless the kids are threatened. Then people need to run.
Advancement: Mama’s tend to advance down the road they always have, unless forced into a different life because she and her children are the only members of the tribe not wiped out.
Resources: Kobold Mama’s have their husbands, and their friends (possibly other Mama’s) to rely on. Well sometimes. Every so often one of them just pisses you off.

KOBOLD MAMAS IN THE WORLD
"Aw man!! Aw man that's Yipyap's Mom!! Run before she sees us!"
A Kobold Mama only wants what’s best for her children. Then herself, then her husband. She’s willing to make a deal as long as you back off from hurting the kids, but otherwise it’s gonna be a long day for you.
Daily Life: Cooking, cleaning, disciplining children, disciplining errant husbands, checking the pit traps for victims... A woman’s work is never done.
Notables: Yipyap’s Mom (LE Female Kobold Rogue 6/Kobold Mama 6). The Kobold known as Yipyap's Mom is an enigma. She showed up at the gates of Greyhawk one year demanding entry, and began looking for a job to support her infant. It was difficult to find a job given the prejudice against her species but after a short period of poisoning, blackmail, and murder she found a job as a bar server. She eventually became the bouncer after proving remarkably capable of making the occasional example of someone who picked on her son. Very few people have died by being impaled on a brick, but somehow she pulled it off and made it happen. To this day no one knows her name, but everyone knows who you're talking about when you say Yipyap's Mom.
Organizations: Kobold mama’s tend to stick together against outsiders, but are remarkably divisive otherwise. If they have an outside foe to confront, they’re a solid unit. If not, they bicker and squabble.

NPC Reaction
Most NPC’s will either be accepting or hateful depending on how they view your race. Some will still have pity cause your just a mom struggling to raise a family. An evil family, but a family nonetheless…

KOBOLD MAMAS IN THE GAME
PC’s will definitely learn to leave the Kobold “non-combatants” alone if you introduce this PrC.
Adaptation: Not an entirely serious PrC, but it has some fun potential. Imagine that Paladin being spanked by a Kobold hausfrau. Enjoyable isn’t it?
Encounters: PC’s will generally encounter Kobold Mamas when raiding a Kobold village or stronghold. Assuming of course that they’re attacking even the eggs and children to exterminate the Kobold’s once and for all. And iff they are, they have to get by the Mama’s…

Sample Encounter
EL 12: Your husband is late coming home. Again. He’ll probably blame the local humans. Again. But you know better. Oh yes. Wait! There’s a human now! And he’s cornered little Yipyap!!! The time has come to unleash the fury…

Yipyap’s Mom
LE Female Kobold Rogue 6/Kobold Mama 6
Init +5 (+7 during Fury), Senses: Listen +4, Spot +5, Dark Vision 60'
Languages Common, Draconic
------------------------------------------------
AC 27, touch 20, flat-footed 22 (+1 Size, +5 Dex, +1 Natural Armor, +4 Deflection, +6 Armor)
AC during Fury 31, touch 20, flat-footed 26 (+1 Size, +5 Dex, +5 Natural Armor, +4 Deflection, +6 Armor)
hp 60 (12 HD), 84 during Fury
Fort +8 (+14 during Fury), Ref +12 (+14 during Fury), Will +7
Evasion, Uncanny Dodge
Speed 30 ft. ( squares)
Melee +1 Impact collision Club +11/+6 melee (1d4+6/19-20)
Melee during Fury +1 Impact collision Club +15/+10 melee (1d4+8/19-20)
Base Atk +8 (+12 during Fury), Grp +4 (+10 during Fury)
Atk Options I Must Protect The Children, You Have Officially Unleashed the Fury 1/day, Dont Push Your Luck, Sneak Attack +3d6
Combat Gear
-----------------------------------------------
Abilities Str 10 (14 during Fury), Dex 20 (24 during Fury), Con 12 (16 during Fury), Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 13
SQ Using the Mom Voice, Apparently You Can't Hear Me, Trap Sense +2, Trapfinding
Feats Brutal Strike, Daylight Adaptation, Intimidating Strike, Skill Focus (Intimidate), Power Attack
Skills Climb +4 (+6 during Fury), Craft (Trapmaking) +5, Disable Device +3, Hide +17 (+19 during Fury), Intimidate +13, Knowledge (Local) +3, Listen +4, Move Silently +9 (+11 during Fury), Open Lock +9 (+11 during Fury), Search +5, Sense Motive +4, Spot +5, Tumble +9 (+11 during Fury)
Possessions +4 Ring of Protection, +6 Bracers of Armor, +1 Collision Impact Club, Belt of One Mighty Blow, 200 GP

EPIC KOBOLD MAMA

Hit Die: d8
You Have Officially Unleashed the Fury: You may enter Fury an additional time per day at level 21, and every 3 levels thereafter.
Bonus Feats: The Epic Kobold Mama gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th

Roderick_BR
2008-04-30, 07:39 AM
Hah, reminds me of a kit (2nd edition) for female dwarves that would stay back during wars, and would gain massive bonuses when defending their homes and families, probably the inspiration for 3e's dwarven defender PrC.
Sounds interesting to add to a story.
You could add features like improvised weapons (kitchen tools), and, just for quicks, a rage-like ability for when a stray player attempt to hurt one of her kids.

Lappy9000
2008-04-30, 10:43 AM
It's pretty cool, but I just had set my expectations too high by expecting this to be a "The Wall" character class or something :smalltongue:

"Hey Teacher! Leave them kids alone!"

DracoDei
2008-04-30, 12:15 PM
I also thought it would it would be something based on the Pink Floyd song...

This is noticeably less disturbing... (I leave it up to the individual Playgrounders to decide if that is a good thing or a bad thing).

black dragoon
2008-04-30, 12:26 PM
Ditto for me. Honestly though I'm still terrified of this.
Run! It's (fill in the blanks) mother! she made joe into stew last time!

Debihuman
2008-04-30, 06:22 PM
You have to finish statting this one up. Too funny!

Debby

Squidmaster
2008-04-30, 07:37 PM
I want to throw this at my players, if for nothing other then to mess with them.

RTGoodman
2008-04-30, 08:10 PM
But the question is, can they have their pudding if they don't eat their meat?

And speaking of food, if you're still looking for ideas for abilities, maybe heroes' feast (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/heroesfeast.htm) once per day as a spell-like ability, with caster level equal to HD or something. From what I hear, you're supposed to feed babies/children.

Shinton
2008-04-30, 08:16 PM
Looks good..
Interesting... unique.

Gotta throw these at my pc's

BECOMING A CLASS NAME
Becoming a Kobold Mother is pretty easy. Simply be a female Kobold, and have children. Well, and gain a little experience. Adrenaline fueled rage will provide the rest

Hehe did you mean to put Becoming a Class Name?

And great fluff text..

Lord Iames Osari
2008-04-30, 08:37 PM
I was hoping this would have some abilities filled in.

Perhaps some kind of rage or frenzy ability? Or an ability that lets her take damage that a protected character would? Heck, maybe even some limited, Adept-like spellcasting?

Sanzh
2008-04-30, 10:52 PM
I want to throw this at my players, if for nothing other then to mess with them.

Please don't. I don't think it'd end well for us.

Anyway, I think this is an interesting PrC. I can't really say much yet, though.

Bhu
2008-05-01, 01:12 AM
Well...I have just watched the wall again so I can also do some PrC's based on it if there's enough want for them (and judging by the responses so far I think there is).

I'll have it finished soon, I come back daily to do stuff in the boards so there'll be more coming.

INDEX

Prestige Classes Kobold Mama (Page 1)
Kobold Runt (Page 2)
M.A.D.D., Kobold Maintenance Man (Page 3)
Lil' Stabbity Kobold (Page 6)
Kobold Swarmfighter (Page 11)
Iron Kobold, Kobold Seductress (Page 12)
Kobold Miner, Kobold Nibbler (Page 13)

Spells Page 4

Magic Items Page 4

Weapons Page 10

Bhu
2008-05-02, 02:53 AM
Okay I edited in the fifth level ability. Before I continue, does anyone think this is over the top?

Bhu
2008-05-02, 11:58 PM
Things have gone badly for me the past few days. Give me some time and I'll get it finished.

Jayngfet
2008-05-03, 12:11 AM
Bhu, you have once given the world a shining gift, not unlike that thing George lucas left in the toilet this morning and wound up on ebay.

Pandaren
2008-05-03, 11:05 AM
Clever, even considering the actual way kobolds live.

In my opinion, they should gain some ability not unlike the damage-absorbing nearby creatures (thing...). Definetly gain defensive bonus for protecting kits, possibly for being near other kobold mama's, proficiency with improvised weapons.

Also, by the time a kobold is 6th level, they're already stronger than most non-player kobolds, why switch to a npc-ish prestige class?

Edit: Also, gaining a flanking bonus if a kit is next to her would probably be pretty good bonus too.

Bhu
2008-05-04, 01:54 AM
Edited in some new stuff.

lord of kobolds
2008-05-04, 08:11 PM
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYUTHANKYOU.
Also, for one of the abilities, give her a bonus for the number of kobolds within a certain radius of her.

lord of kobolds
2008-05-04, 10:01 PM
here's a good picclick here (http://http://64.223.12.31/dnd/images/cd_gallery/81397.jpg)

Bhu
2008-05-04, 11:22 PM
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYUTHANKYOU.
Also, for one of the abilities, give her a bonus for the number of kobolds within a certain radius of her.

I had something similar in mind :D

Added in more stuff.

Koji
2008-05-05, 05:46 AM
This is perfect in every way. Most people expect a tough boss (like a dragon or something) at the end of a kobold-themed dungeon, and this kind of thing is out of left field, but at the same time far more logical.

Bhu
2008-05-06, 04:07 AM
Anyone think the level 6 is a bit too nasty?

lord of kobolds
2008-05-06, 01:39 PM
I was thinking that at 3rd level they would get bonus HP for the number of kobolds around them. at 6th and 9th levels, the radius would increase and there would be extra bonuses, like attack bonuses and intimidate checks.

watsyurname529
2008-05-06, 03:23 PM
Anyone think the level 6 is a bit too nasty?

Well, I would either half the amount of bonus (from max +10 to +5) or make the bonuses apply only to certain rolls.

However, one of the abilities, Don't Make Me Say it Again, needs some work. As a standard action add class level to intimidate. Pretty much a waste of an action, and they already get a +4 bonus at first level.

I would change it to something different, like giving a fear effect (such as shaken, etc.) that lasts for a while instead. Maybe with a successful intimidate check?

Bhu
2008-05-07, 12:47 AM
Edited the 6th and 8th level abilities, added 3rd level.

watsyurname529
2008-05-07, 04:24 PM
Much, much better. :smallamused:

Bhu
2008-05-08, 01:36 AM
Added in 9th level. prolly not what you were expecting, but I'm thinking you'll get a giggle from it. Now I just need to come up with a good capstone.

Fiery Diamond
2008-05-08, 02:47 AM
Definitely finish this one off. I might actually have a legit use for this in the campaign I'm running, seeing as one of the players has a kobold cohort.

-Fiery Diamond

lord of kobolds
2008-05-08, 03:08 PM
fOR THE LEVEL 9 ABILITY, MAYBE ADD THE NUMBER OF CHILDREN DEFENDED TO DAMAGE

watsyurname529
2008-05-08, 03:19 PM
Nice Capslock. Anyway, the 6th level ability already does that as it says Adds number of children defending to all rolls, which would include damage.

Bhu
2008-05-09, 03:38 AM
Capstone up. Lemme know wha you think.

I also have some additional PrC's in mind too...

Devin
2008-05-09, 04:06 AM
Oh my. That's quite an image... :smalleek:

lord of kobolds
2008-05-09, 01:06 PM
I would bow before you, but i am probably not in the same time zone as you, so i don't know which way to bow. in the mean time, i'll just say good job.
GOOD JOB!!!:smallbiggrin:

Bhu
2008-05-10, 04:28 AM
If you like as is I'll finish up and start on next thingie then.

watsyurname529
2008-05-10, 08:33 AM
I would stat out how much damage a body would do, among other things. A small character would be a light weapon, medium one-handed, large two-handed, etc.

lord of kobolds
2008-05-10, 05:11 PM
I would stat out how much damage a body would do, among other things. A small character would be a light weapon, medium one-handed, large two-handed, etc.

Actually, sthose sizes wouldn't work, as kobolds are SMALL size themselves. those sizes would work better for large or huge.

watsyurname529
2008-05-10, 05:16 PM
Yea, so then Small would become one-handed and make medium two-handed blunt objects.

Vuzzmop
2008-05-10, 05:18 PM
But the question is, can they have their pudding if they don't eat their meat?

How can they have any pudding if they can't eat their meat?

Sorry, floyd nerd.

Bhu
2008-05-11, 07:57 PM
Well remember she does get Powerful Build, so she can wield larger than normal weapons :smallbiggrin:

Bhu
2008-05-14, 01:35 AM
Okay I added some text to the level 10 ability and fleshed out the example NPC. Now to work on my other fiendish ideas :belkar:

watsyurname529
2008-05-14, 05:44 PM
Awesome. Although, probably just a nitpick for those munchkins, I would say that you can only wield a body up to a certain size, such as Large or Huge. Or if you want, give a strength requirement for bodies larger than Large.

Otherwise, awesome job! Now you need to make some more Kobold PrCs.

Bhu
2008-05-15, 02:54 AM
Awesome. Although, probably just a nitpick for those munchkins, I would say that you can only wield a body up to a certain size, such as Large or Huge. Or if you want, give a strength requirement for bodies larger than Large.

Otherwise, awesome job! Now you need to make some more Kobold PrCs.

Technically I dont need to. Since the body qualifies as a "weapon" (albeit an improvised one) you're still limitd by your size as to what you can use just as if it was any other weapon. Keeping in mind of course she also eventually gets powerful build...

Bhu
2008-05-15, 03:01 AM
KOBOLD RUNT

"Sure I get picked on by my own people cause I'm small. Sure the adventures kick me around like a hockey puck. Sure I get beaten daily cause I can't fight back."

"But I've been drinking milk..."

There are runts in every culture. The little guys who get picked on and pushed around. Even among Kobolds. And at some point those runts always lose it and seek revenge if they haven't been killed...

BECOMING A KOBOLD RUNT
Just about any class can become a Kobold Runt (some just get kicked around longer than others).

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Feats: Dodge, Improved Unarmed Strike, Superior Unarmed Strike
Flaws: Must have one of the following Flaws: Feeble, Frail, Meager Fortitude, Noncombatant, Pathetic, or Vulnerable.
Class Features: Must have one of the following: Evasion, Uncanny Dodge, a Base Reflex Save of +5
Special: Must have spent your formative years getting the unholy living crap beat out of you daily by your peers. And been approached by a mysterious relative who offers you a potion that will help cure your problem.

Class Skills
The Kobold Runts class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Spot (Wis), and Swim (Str).
Skills Points at Each Level : 2 + int

Hit Dice: d10

1. +0 +2 +2 +0 +2 Str, Wiry
2. +1 +3 +3 +0 +2 Str, Super Punch
3. +1 +3 +3 +1 +2 Str, Hard Punch
4. +2 +4 +4 +1 +2 Str, Cured
5. +2 +4 +4 +1 +2 Str, Super Punch
6. +3 +5 +5 +2 +2 Str, Death Punch
7. +3 +5 +5 +2 +2 Str, Super Punch
8. +4 +6 +6 +2 +2 Str, Milk! It Does A Body Good!
9. +4 +6 +6 +3 +2 Str, Awesome Punch
10.+5 +7 +7 +3 +2 Str, Haymaker

Weapon Proficiencies: Kobold Runts gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Wiry (Ex): At 1st level the Kobold Runt gains both Slight Build and Powerful Build if he does not already have them. Your Unarmed Strike damage is the same as a creature 1 Size Class larger than yourself.

Super Punch (Ex): Your melee attacks do massive damage. At 2nd level your melee attacks Critical on a roll of 18-20. This does not stack with other effects that increase critical threat range.

At 5th level they do x3 damage with a successful Critical.

At 7th level your melee attacks are so powerful your opponent must make a Fortitude Save (DC is 10 plus 1/2 your Hit Dice plus your Strength Modifier) or be Stunned for 1 round.

Hard Punch (Ex): At 3rd level you automatically threaten a critical if you roll a 20 on the to hit roll with a melee attack. You don't need to roll to confirm.

Cured (Ex): At 4th level the Kobold Runt loses his Flaw (he retains the Bonus Feat gained by taking it at 1st level).

Death Punch (Ex): Your melee damage becomes untyped, effectively bypassing Damage Reduction.

Milk! It Does A Body Good! (Ex): At 8th level the Kobold Runt gains a Bonus to all Bull Rush, Grapple, Overrun, Sunder, Trip, or Strength checks (including Strength based skill checks) equal to half his Kobold Runt level.

Awesome Punch (Ex): At 9th level you are considered to have the Awesome Blow Feat whether you meet the prerequisites or not.

Haymaker (Ex): At 10th level you can make 1 melee attack as a Standard Action, and it is considered a Touch Attack.

PLAYING A KOBOLD RUNT
The world is now your chew toy. All your life they made you miserable and now the _____________ must PAY!!!! And you aren't gonna kill em either. Oh no. They didn't kill you. But now you get to dish out the pain! You get to hand people their own _____! You get to beat Rangers to death with their own animal companions!! Did you say that last part out loud? Oopsie...
Combat: You learned the hard way that getting respect means being able to beat people up. With your bare hands. Weapons are for sissies, and you ain't no sissy anymore. If they're at range...well shoot you'll just throw rocks or something till they get the idea.
Advancement: Kobold Runts generally specialize in trying to get physically stronger, and better at whoopin' opponents using their new muscles. They might be more powerful, but now they tend to be a bit more narrow in thinking.
Resources: Kobold Runts have themselves, and perhaps a few acquaintances who can sympathize with them. Maybe their family too. After being picked on for so long most have few social skills, and they're not any better now.

KOBOLD RUNTS IN THE WORLD
"Son that isn't milk I've been feeding you."
"What!?! But...but what the hell have I been drinking?"
"Steroids."
"Seriously??"
"Moose Steroids."
"Screw it. As long as I can kick that Dwarf Barbarian's ___ for killing papa last week I'm good."

Despite your newfound strength respect is still hard to come by. And your rabidly attacking anyone who insults you isn't helping. That and the little things. Like giggling while you talk in your sleep about how much fun it is to beat Dwarves to death with your bare hands. While laying next to the party Dwarf. Who is on guard duty. Or maybe because you now open doors with a well placed kick.
Daily Life: You spend your days plotting and attempting many schemes of revenge, big and small, against nearly everyone you have ever known. After years of pain you've gone a liiiiittle bit crazy now that you have the means of fighting back.
Notables: Beezer (N Male Kobold, Rogue 6/Kobold Runt 6) was always small even for a Kobold. Even his own family beat the crap out of him till his kindly old grandma gave him her 'special soup' to eat. Now he beats the crap out of everyone else. Except grandma. She's been eating the soup for 60 years now, and has a head start on him.
Organizations: There are rarely any organizations devoted to helping Kobold Runts. There are people who know how to get you your powers, and apparently they do so freely. Perhaps they were once picked on themselves. But after that you're on your own.

NPC Reaction
NPC's generally spit on you and kick you out of the way, or treat you like some sort of pet. Unless they've seen what you did to the last guy who did that. Then they maintain a distance.

KOBOLD RUNTS IN THE GAME
Players definitely won't look at Kobolds the same. Especially after having ther ankles broken. Or taken that uppercut to the groin from out of nowhere.
Adaptation: It's kind of a silly class, but it could be used in serious campaigns as some sort of alchemically enhanced super killer or something.
Encounters: PC's will generally find Kobold runts anywhere Kobolds are minorities in society, or when raiding a lair. Since runts are always wanting to prove how tough they are it wont be hard to find them, they'll find you...

Sample Encounter
Give an example of how one might encounter a member of this PrC.
EL 12: It's a decent saturday night at the Farting Otyugh, when this scrawny little Kobold walks in. He looks around, and gets tripped over by a northern barbarian. While everyone is laughing he nad punches said Barbarian, throws him across the room, and lets out a shriek that sounds vaguely like a mongoose that's stoned on mushrooms being touched in an inappropriate manner by a Druid. And then he looks at you.

For some reason you think you aren't going to get to drink the rest of your ale.

Beezer
N Male Kobold Rogue 6/Kobold Runt 6
Init +0, Senses: Listen +7, Spot +7, Dark Vision 60'
Languages Draconic, Common
AC 26, touch 15, flat-footed 22 (+1 Size, +4 Dex, +7 Armor, +1 Natural. +3 Deflection)
hp 66 (12 HD)
Fort +8, Ref +14, Will +5
Evasion, Uncanny Dodge
Speed 20 ft. ( squares)
Melee Unarmed Strike +12/+7 (1d10+4/18-20,x3)
Melee +1 Morningstar +13/+8 (1d10+9/18-20,x3)
Base Atk +7, Grp +11
Atk Options Hard Punch, Death Punch, Sneak Attack +3d6
Combat Gear 4 Potions of Bulls Strength, 4 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds, 4 Potions of Heroism, 2 Potions of Haste
Abilities Str 19, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 14
SQ Wiry, Trap Sense +2
Feats Dodge, Improved Unarmed Strike, Superior Unarmed Strike,
Skills Bluff +11, Climb +10, Craft (Trapmaking) +6, Disable Device +4, Escape Artist +8, Hide +18, Intimidate +8, Listen +7, Move Silently +14, Open Lock +8, Profession (Miner) +2, Search +6, Sense Motive +5, Spot +7, Tumble +8, Use Magic Device +11
Possessions +1 Collision Maiming Morningstar, +5 Leather Armor, +3 Ring of Protection, Belt of One Mighty Blow, Bracers of Great Collision, 4 Potions of Bulls Strength, 4 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds, 4 Potions of Heroism, 2 Potions of Haste, 832 GP

EPIC KOBOLD RUNT

Hit Die: d10
Skills Points at Each Level : 2 + int
Strength: The Kobold Runt's Strength increases by an additional +2 at each level.
Milk! It Does A Body Good!: The Bonus continues to increase by +1 every 2 levels.
Bonus Feats: The Epic Kobold Runt gains a Bonus Feat every 5 levels higher than 20th

watsyurname529
2008-05-15, 03:13 PM
Mkay then, it's good. Anyway I love the next Kobold PrC, especially the "But I've been drinking milk." quote.

lord of kobolds
2008-05-15, 03:18 PM
You didn't even put anything down, yet I love it already!:smallbiggrin:

Bhu
2008-05-16, 03:22 AM
Did a minor update. Fluff mostly.

lord of kobolds
2008-05-16, 01:54 PM
I love the Fluff!!!!!
Perhaps Belkar could be the target of a baleful polymorph and take a few levels in this class(maybe that is what happens if he sets of the MOJ)
That would be awesome.

Bhu
2008-05-17, 04:02 AM
Anyone rememebr where the write up is for slight build on the wizards site?

watsyurname529
2008-05-17, 09:38 AM
Here it is: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060420a

But if you are using the Web Enhanced Kobolds then they already get slight build.

Bhu
2008-05-18, 12:58 AM
Thanks Wats. needed the description for the 1st level ability

Bhu
2008-05-19, 01:49 AM
I upped the hit points to a d10. SOmehow it didnt seem right otherwise.

Bhu
2008-05-20, 03:54 AM
Okay by now it should be obvious that I'm going for something similar too, but not quite like, War Hulk. Everyone think giving it the Mage BAB is okay?

Bhu
2008-05-21, 02:38 AM
Anyone think the level 1,4,8 abilities are too wonky?

Khatoblepas
2008-05-21, 02:43 AM
How come the Kobold Mama doesn't have any way of healing and raising the little ones? She should at least have a lay-on-hands ability (Mother's Touch ;)) so the babies who do get hurt don't die. She really should be able to raise her babies from the dead, like, Revivify, not Raise Dead. Bringing them from the brink of destruction rather than weeks later, bringing them back.

Nice class, though :)

watsyurname529
2008-05-21, 05:33 PM
I can see fluff reasons for the Mage BAB, and it is completely offset by the massive Str bonuses. Cured is fine, it's basically a bonus feat. The 8th level ability may be a slight too much for all the PrC levels. That would be +10 for the ability, +5 for Str, +5 for BAB for a net +20, not counting other enhancements.

Probably just half the bonus for it or something.

Uncle Festy
2008-05-21, 07:03 PM
This is awesome.
Keep up the good work!

Bhu
2008-05-22, 03:05 AM
How come the Kobold Mama doesn't have any way of healing and raising the little ones? She should at least have a lay-on-hands ability (Mother's Touch ;)) so the babies who do get hurt don't die. She really should be able to raise her babies from the dead, like, Revivify, not Raise Dead. Bringing them from the brink of destruction rather than weeks later, bringing them back.

Nice class, though :)

Hmmm...actually that had completely slipped my mind somehow!!!

I must come up with something. I was a little too focused on the butt-whoopin' aspect of the PrC.

Bhu
2008-05-22, 03:09 AM
I can see fluff reasons for the Mage BAB, and it is completely offset by the massive Str bonuses. Cured is fine, it's basically a bonus feat. The 8th level ability may be a slight too much for all the PrC levels. That would be +10 for the ability, +5 for Str, +5 for BAB for a net +20, not counting other enhancements.

Probably just half the bonus for it or something.

Ouch. Yeah Ill definitely halve that.

Bhu
2008-05-23, 07:26 PM
Okay I have most of the abilites done other than the capstone. :smallbiggrin:

Bhu
2008-05-25, 04:26 AM
Got hte capstone up. If everyone likes it Ill finish teh example PC and move on to making M.A.D.D. (Mothers Against Dungeon Delvers)

Bhu
2008-05-26, 12:16 AM
MOTHERS AGAINST DUNGEON DELVERS

"Our attorneys would like to have a few words with you."

Ever wonder what happens to the widows and orphans left behind when PC's go on a killing spree/"quest". Well wonder no further. They've organized, hired a few Fiendish attorneys, and they intend to sue you well into the afterlife.

You can start running now...

BECOMING A M.A.D.D.
Usually your loved ones get offed by adventurers and you study the Dark Arts hoping to boil them in their own Spleen juices someday. If you look promising M.A.D.D. will eventually come calling. Many also start as Rogues to get the skill points for the prerequisites.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Race: Must be of a race not traditionally used for PC's in your campaign, but which is commonly used for enemies/token mooks.
Special: Must have had your husband/children/loved ones killed by PC's at some point in the past and be hellbent on revenge. Must have been accepted by a current M.A.D.D. member, and be willing to sign a contract with Devils for their use as Attorneys.
Spells: Must be able to cast 3rd level Conjuration (Summoning) spells, one of which must be something that allows you to summon a LE Fiendish Animal or a Devil.
Skills: Diplomacy 6 Ranks, Knowledge (Local) 6 Ranks

Class Skills
The M.A.D.D.'s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Knowledge (Int), Listen (Wis), Profession (Agitator, Attorney)(Wis), and Sense Motive (Wis).
Skills Points at Each Level : 4 + int

Hit Dice: d4

1. +0 +0 +0 +2 Paralegal, +1 Arcane Caster Level
2. +1 +0 +0 +3 Legal Feat, +1 Arcane Caster Level
3. +1 +1 +1 +3 Summon Legal Aid
4. +2 +1 +1 +4 Junior Partner, +1 Arcane Caster Level
5. +2 +1 +1 +4 Legal Feat, +1 Arcane Caster Level
6. +3 +2 +2 +5 Summon Attorney
7. +3 +2 +2 +5 Legal Feat, +1 Arcane Caster Level
8. +4 +2 +2 +6 Senior Partner, +1 Arcane Caster Level
9. +4 +3 +3 +6 Summon Legal Team
10.+5 +3 +3 +7 Executive, +1 Arcane Caster Level

Weapon Proficiencies: M.A.D.D.'s gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Paralegal: Once per week you may call in a favor from someone you have done legal work for in the past. At 1st level this is mostly an information gathering ability that gives you a +8 Bonus on any 1 Knowledge or Gather Information check. Optionally you may ask for any service up to 5 GP (food, lodging, borrowing a few cheap items).

Legal Feat: At 2nd, 5th, and 7th levels the M.A.D.D. member gets a free Bonus Feat, whether she meets the prerequisites or not. She may choose Feats from the following list: Augment Casting, Battlecaster Defense, Charming, Brew Potion, Combat Casting, Combat Charm, Eschew Materials, Extend Spell, Greater Spell Focus, Mobile Spellcasting, Practiced Spellcaster, Spell Focus, Sudden Extend,

Summon Legal Aid (Su): Once per day you can summon 1d4+1 Paralegal Imps. This works like Summon Monster V, but the duration is 1 court case (the Imps will not participate in combat for you, but will defend themselves, or sting people to lower their Wisdom), you may not use this ability again until the duration from your prior use has expired.

Junior Partner: You may now ask for any service or item of up to 50 GP in value.

Summon Attorney (Su): Once per day you can summon 1 Devilish Attorney. This works like Summon Monster VI, but duration is 1 court case (the Devilish Attorney will only participate in combat to defend itself or frame it's clients opponents). You may not use this ability again until the duration from your prior use has expired.

Senior Partner: You may now ask for any service of up to 500 GP in value.

Summon Legal Team (Su): Once per day you can summon 1d4+1 Devilish Attorneys. This works like Summon Monster VIII, but duration is 1 court case (The Devilish Attorneys will only participate in combat to defend themselves or frame their clients opponents). You may not use this ability again until the duration from your prior use has expired.

Executive: You may now ask for any service of up to 5000 GP in value.

PLAYING A M.A.D.D.
You are damn sick and tired of never being able to go out looking for mushrooms or checking the pit traps without worrying that marauding bands of heavily armed drifters will be murdering your family. Again. It's time you took a stand. It's time you showed them you aren't gonna take it anymore. It's time they met your lawyer that nice Mr. Asmodeus.
Combat: M.A.D.D. members themselves rarely participate in combat. it makes them look violent which hurts their court case. They have minions for that. Summoned minions with pointy brow horns.
Advancement: M.A.D.D. generally specialize in helping others believe it or not. They like spells that buff or protect their minions or comrades, summoning for extra help, and utility spells that allow them to get jobs done quicker and more efficiently. Enchantment spells that help them with their court cases are good too.
Resources: M.A.D.D. always have their fellow members to draw on for support and help (and possibly a few Devils too depending on their level).

M.A.D.D. IN THE WORLD
"I'm being sued for helping the local village with it's Kobold problem???"
"No you're being sued for wiping out my family. Or you can just come quietly. Our lawyers will find you wherever you go."
You are, to put it nicely, the champion of the oppressed mooks of the world. Most races viewed as cannon fodder look up to you and would gladly die defending you. And since most of them are Evil they don't have a problem with you hiring Devils to represent you in court. And it's always nice to see the looks on the Paladins face when he realizes he's being sued...
Daily Life: You spend much time organizing things, or participating in court. As a radical social activist there's always some kind of work that needs doing.
Notables: Mother Hin (LE Female Kobold Rogue 3/Wizard 5/M.A.D.D. 4) is the local lawyer for the M.A.D.D. organization. She specializes in preventing raids by adventurers by legal means, and getting restraining orders put against them.
Organizations: M.A.D.D. is an organization unto itself. You raise money by helping train warriors to be less token thug and more seasoned butt whooper. And there are the trap sales, and bake sales. And you raise lots of money with the poisoning classes. There's always somebody wanting to poison someone. You also provide homes for orphaned monsters and people and raise them to join the coming army which you will send against the elves and humans and dwarves of the world. Who put them in charge anyway??

NPC Reaction
NPC reactions generally depend on what their race is, and if they're on the receiving end of a M.A.D.D. lawsuit.

M.A.D.D. IN THE GAME
Lawsuits will tend to make for sessions of little to no combat, but some possibly fun court scenes. Depending on your group this can be good or bad...
Adaptation: This is very obviously a goofy PC. It's possible to adapt it to a serious campaign, but it'll take a little work.
Encounters: PC's will generally encounter M.A.D.D. by being sued by them after wiping out an "infestation" of evil humanoids. Or possibly even during.

Sample Encounter
EL 12:
Baalzebul: "As you can see your honor, the Paladin known as Solomon only holds legal powers to make arrests or take life if he remains in good stead as a Paladin. We aim to prove that he has not, thusly meaning he willfully murdered the relatives of my clients."
Solomon: "What are you babbling about? I'm still a Paladin of St. Cuthbert!"
Baalzebul: "Bestiality is against the law. You were caught 'frolicking' with a goat on the night of the 24th, a night before the murders."
Solomon: "Prove it."
Baalzebul: "Your honor I'd like to call the goat Hezekiah to testify."
Minutes later:
Baalzebul: "Are you or are you not the companion of the Paladin known as Solomon?"
Hezekiah: "Yup."
Baalzebul: "You see your honor he admits it!"
Hezekiah: "Nope. No such thing. I'm an Awakened Goat, so I'm now a Magical Beast. The Bestiality laws specify Animals."
Baalzebul: "What?"
Hezekiah: "Yup he's hasn't committed Bestiality by law."
Baalzebul: "Hmmm...."
Hezekiah: "And the pound of mushrooms we had that your about to mention are legal here too."
Baalzebul: "Man, Lawful Good has changed since the old days..."
Judge Bean: "Anything to add counsel? If not we'll have to let Solomon go."
Baalzebul: "YES! Ahem...yes your honor. I believe in the legal code, scroll 24, paragraph 30 it mentions that Furries are ineligible to be Paladins of St. Cuthbert. I believe we can prove Solomon is a Furry."
Solomon: "Oh come on!!"

Mother Hin
LE Female Kobold Rogue 3/Wizard 5/M.A.D.D. 4
Init +2, Senses: Listen +4, Spot +2, Dark Vision 60'
Languages Draconic, Common, Undercommon
AC 24, touch 17, flat-footed 22 (+1 Size, +2 Dex, +1 Natural, +6 Armor, +4 Deflection)
hp 33 (12 HD)
Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +9
Evasion
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee +2 Heavy Mace +8/+3 (1d6-1)
Base Atk +6, Grp -1
Atk Options +2d6 Sneak Attack
Combat Gear 3 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds
Spells Known 0 (DC 13, 4/day): All
1st (DC 13, 5/day): Alarm, Erase, Expeditious Retreat, Hold Portal, Mage Armor, Protection from Good, Shield, Summon Monster I
2nd (DC 13, 4/day): Arcane Lock, Blindness/Deafness, Detect Thoughts, Invisibility, Misdirection, Obscure Object, See Invisibility, Summon Monster II, Web, Whispering Wind
3rd (DC 13, 4/day): Arcane Sight, Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, Dispel Magic, Haste, Heroism, Hold Person, Illusory Script, Magic Circle Against Good, Nondetection, Secret Page, Shrink Item, Slow, Suggestion, Summon Monster III
4th (DC 13, 4/day): Crushing Despair, Detect Scrying, Dimension Door, Fear, Greater Invisibility, Lesser Globe of Invulnerability, Scrying, Solid Fog, Stoneskin
Caster Level 8.
Supernatural Abilities Summon Legal Aid
Abilities Str 4, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 13, Cha 14
SQ Trapfinding, Evasion, Snake Familiar (+3 Bluff), Paralegal,Junior Partner, Trap Sense +1
Feats Scribe Scroll (B)
Skills Appraise +6, Bluff +10, Concentration +6, Diplomacy +10, Forgery +8, Gather Information +10, Hide +11, Knowledge (Arcane) +8, Knowledge (Local) +11, Knowledge (Nobility) +7, Listen +4, Move Silently +7, Open Lock +4, Perform (Oratory) +7, Profession (Attorney) +9, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +4
Possessions +6 Bracers of Armor, +4 Ring of Protection, Rod of the Viper, 3 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds, 750 GP

EPIC M.A.D.D.

Hit Die: d4
Skills Points at Each Level : 4 + int
Bonus Feats: The Epic M.A.D.D. gains a Bonus Feat every 2 levels higher than 20th

Bhu
2008-05-27, 02:38 AM
Hey LordofKobolds, mind if I post some of these i nteh Brilliant Gameologists forum to get some PEACHing?

PS made some changes to Kobold Runt.

lord of kobolds
2008-05-27, 12:22 PM
No Problems Whatsoever.
I haven't really been able to look at these much because my internet has the most obnoxious filter ever!!!
I can google search something like "corn muffin" and it will say "weighted phrase limit exceeded"
It happened when I was postin this. post got through, but i didn't
It is really annoying.
Thank god for proxies.
omygod Kobold Runt made me giggle!

Bhu
2008-05-28, 02:48 AM
Yuuck...good luck man. FIlters suck.

Kobold RUnt is finished, work begins anew on the M.A.D.D.

Bhu
2008-05-29, 12:43 AM
M.A.D.D. is almost done just need to edit in the abilities and the example. Then I'm thinking of a PrC for Kobold Handymen of some sort. Much of the idea coming from the Maintenance comic http://www.onipress.com/display.php?type=bk&id=267

Bhu
2008-05-31, 04:22 AM
Well shoot. The only Devils in the MM with Knowledge (Any) listed are Barbed Devil, Bone Devil, Erinyes, Ice Devil, and Imp. Most of which are fairly high level as summoning spells go. May have to make up a Lawyer Devil.

Bhu
2008-06-01, 12:57 AM
Lemme work out he lawyer devils elsewhere and Ill finish this up. I need to know their power level before aI can keep going

Bhu
2008-06-02, 01:07 AM
May as well get head start on the next one while I work out the Devils

KOBOLD MAINTENANCE MAN

"Awright...who left this fetid pile of ___ in the hall for me to clean up?"

You are a maintenance man, janitor, trapsmith, craftsman, and smuggler all rolled into one.

BECOMING A KOBOLD MAINTENANCE MAN
Most Kobold Maintenance Men start out in a class that has lots of skills (i.e. Rogue, but could be another class)

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Skills: Craft (any 3) 4 Ranks, Disable Device 4 Ranks, Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering) 4 Ranks, Open Lock 4 Ranks, Profession (any) 4 Ranks, Use Magic Device 4 Ranks
Feats: Jack of All Trades, Low Key ( http://mearls.com/cthulhu/coc_feats.html
)

Class Skills
The Kobold Maintenance Man's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Disable Device (Int), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering, Local, Things Man Was Not Meant To Know)(Int), Listen (Wis), Open Lock (Dex), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Use Magic Device (Cha), and Use Rope (Dex).
Skills Points at Each Level : 8 + int

Hit Dice: d6

1. +0 +0 +2 +2 Alien Diplomacy
2. +1 +0 +3 +3 Wrench Warfare
3. +2 +1 +3 +3 "Clean That ____ Up"
4. +3 +1 +4 +4 A True Professional
5. +3 +1 +4 +4 Desperate Times
6. +4 +2 +5 +5 "We're Inhaling What?"
7. +5 +2 +5 +5 Duct Tape
8. +6 +2 +6 +6 Friends In Unusual Places
9. +6 +3 +6 +6 Hazmat Crew
10.+7 +3 +7 +7 Occupational Specialty

Weapon Proficiencies: Kobold Maintenance Men gain proficency with one Exotic Weapon.

Alien Diplomacy (Ex): You are often exposed to odd cultures and individuals. Some of them are...a little high strung. Some think of you as food traditionally. Some usually have no method of truly communicating with you under normal circumstances. And some are homicidal psychopaths. By making a DC 20 Diplomacy check against any being with an Intelligence higher than 3, you may stop it from immediately attacking (assuming none of your party members are racial enemies or completely stupid, or have attacked it already). This doesn't mean it's an enemy. It just means it realizes you are a bootlicking peon, and possibly of no real significant threat value, but might have some useful knowledge, or be persuadable to abandon your current master for it. The Diplomacy check buys you one minute of peaceful negotiations, unless someone on your side attacks or is insulting (they should let you do the talking).

Wrench Warfare (Ex): You may wield Improvised Weapons without any penalty, and may take weapons Feats like Improved Critical for Improvised weaponry.

"Clean That ____ Up"(Ex): You are used to being exposed to really nasty spills of god knows what. You are now immune to Contact Poisons, and have Acid Resistance 3.

A True Professional (Ex): You are so used to giant monsters escaping and wreaking havoc, things blowing up, etc that you are now immune to Fear and Morale penalties.

Desperate Times (Ex): The boss has told you the new trap needs done tonight, or you and everyone you know is dead. The time you require for Craft checks is halved.

"We're Inhaling What?"(Ex): You've graduated from cleaning up monster poo, corpses, and slime to chemical spills and gasses. You are immune to Inhaled Poisons and any similar effect such as Ghast Stench and Troglodyte Stench. Acid Resistance increases to 5.

Duct Tape (Ex): Out of desperation you can substitute whatever you have on hand, no matter how unlikely, to solve a problem temporarily. Perhaps you need to plug a leak to prevent the boat from sinking. Maybe you need to get a trap working in a hurry. You can make a DC 20 Craft check to repair ANYTHING for 1d6 hours after which it will break down again.

Friends In Unusual Places (Ex): Whenever you are captured by a bad guy, get into trouble with the law (or a noble), or basically have a run-in with anyone famous, there is a chance you have worked for them before, and done well (DC 20 Charisma check). If the check is successful they remember you fondly and are inclined to let you go (You are +4 on all Diplomacy checks regarding them). At 10th level this also applies to minions, token mooks, guards, etc as you have gottent heir bacon out of the fire with the boss a couple times.

Hazmat Crew (Ex): You've cleaned up things that would make jesus puke. You are now immune to disease (magical or otherwise), all poisons, and may make a Fortitude Save (DC is 10 plus damage dealt) to ignore Acid damage.

Occupational Specialty: You have practiced a specific specialty, and are now a leading member of your field. You may request double the normal payment fro work you are asked to do. Specialties include:

Plumber (Ex): You have long constructed water based traps, plumbing, aqueducts, and other such things. You no longer take armor check or weight penalties to Swim checks, and may always Take 10 on a Swim check. You may use the Run action while swimming in a straight line. You may also speak Aquan, and hold your breath twice as long as normal before you risk drowning. Prerequisites: Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering) 10 ranks.

Electrician (Su): You specialize in traps and equipment involving electricity. As a result of being blasted many times over the years you gain Energy Resistance 15 (Electricity), and a +4 Bonus on Saving throws vs all spells or effects involving electricity. Prerequisites: Use Magical Device 10 ranks

Carpenter (Ex): You are well known for creating stuff. Despite the name you might be a Stonemason, a Carpenter, a Goldsmith, etc. You are simply well known in your field (probably even famous). You may make a DC 20 Craft check to repair broken or malfunctioning magic items if you have the appropriate craft skill (woodworking for most staves/wands, weaponsmith for weapons, etc.). Prerequisites: Craft (Any) 6 ranks, Use Magic Device 6 ranks

Freak Wrangler (Ex): Your responsible for maintenance, care, feeding, etc of the various guard beasties. You may use the Handle Animal skill on Abberations, Magical Beasts, Oozes, Plants, Undead, and Vermin that have an Int score of 3 or less. If they are smarter then they're initial attitude towards you is no worse than Indifferent. Prerequisites: Diplomacy 6 ranks, Handle Animal 6 ranks.

Exterminator (Ex): You keep the secret base of operations vermin free, and put down any escaped experiments as well. You never need to worry about accidentally exposing yourself to poison as you are proficient with it's use. Poisons you make have their Save DC's increased by +5.
Prerequisites: Craft (Poisons) 10 ranks.

Trapsmith (Ex): You are an expert trapmaker. When creating a trap you may add +5 to two of the following: the Search DC, the Disable DC, or the Saving Throw DC. Prerequisites: Craft (Trapmaking) 10 ranks.

Alien Wrangler (Ex): Any time the bosses need something from the Far Realms or some obscure part of the universe cleaned, repaired, looked after, etc., you get the job. When using your Use Magic Device skill you do not trigger mishap if you fail by 10 or more, and do not trigger magic items or artifacts by being in close proximity or touching them. You may handle Cursed items freely wit ha DC 25 Use Magic Device check to avoid being cursed by them. Prerequisites: Knowledge (Things Man Was Not Meant To Know) 6 ranks, Use Magic Device 6 ranks.

PLAYING A KOBOLD MAINTENANCE MAN
You are the overworked, the underpaid, and the often overlooked. You do a variety of thankless tasks no one else will touch, and never even get any thanks. You get swindled by your bosses, railroaded by the unions, attacked by adventurers, and eaten by the experiments gone wrong of sadistic madmen. And despite it all you still do your job. Why? Because you know all teh secrets of the BBEG's lair. Because you built them. And since he's a complete retard who got by on charisma instead of wisdom, he hasn't realized you're selling him out to the pair of adventurers who are the highest bidders. And then backstabbing them by giving them the wrong information to keep the money.
Combat: Your a tinker, not a fighter. Other people do that. Fighting isn't in the Union Contract. If they want your help fighting they need to cough up some more money
Advancement: Kobold Maintenance Men make excellent trapfinders and skill monkeys. They can also be capable face men as many will need to know local laws to do their job, and usually try to network extensively.
Resources: There's always an organization supporting you. They hire you out for maintenance, to make traps, to clean up messes they don't want to deal with, i.e. the lowly peon crap. Meanwhile they never seem to notice what you're up to...

KOBOLD MAINTENANCE MEN IN THE WORLD
"Where's the runt? I gotta fetid pile of ____ I need cleaned up by the Manshark tank."
You tend to be ignored and spat upon by your bosses till stuff goes wrong and only you can fix it. Then, oh how you are showered with praise. Use these moments to get the little things. Like new tools, or better equipment. Or just stick the uppity snobs for some money. And if they refuse, screw 'em. See how they like having to do the daily cleanup after the mansharks eat 4 kids with mayo in the public square.
Daily Life: Most of your days will be busy work. Cleaning, maintenance, fixing problems, putting up with crap form people who think they know better than you. But every so often you get to build a new place, or do something fun like fix an adventurer problem because the Orc mercenaries have told the boss to shove it.
Notables: Gordon Freewyrm (LN Male Kobold Rogue 6/Kobold Maintenance Man 6) is the local trapmaker of choice for most evil madmen (and a few non-evil madmen as well, but Gordon tries to not admit to that).
Organizations: There are various Unions and Guilds devoted to your cause. After all everyone needs fortress/secret hideout/laboratory design and maintenance help. And that's where you come in. The keep with beartraps dropping from the ceiling? That was you. The castle with the zombie catapults? That was you. The underwater castle defended by impertinent sexually deviant mansharks? Well that wasn't you. Not that your admitting anyway...

NPC Reaction
NPC's generally tend to love or hate you based on the amount of money they have to spend on your service (or are required to spend getting past them).

KOBOLD MAINTENANCE MEN IN THE GAME
This gives Kobolds a more prominent role than simple cannon fodder at the lowest end of the pecking order. Which is where they should be.
Adaptation: Despite being a comic PrC this one could be readily converted to a more serious campaign of sorts. Every mad scientist needs an Igor. Every megalomaniac needs a number 2.
Encounters: Kobold Maintenance Men can often be found supervising or working on the construction or repair of the lairs of mad scientists, evil wizards, and BBEG's of all stripes.

Sample Encounter
EL 12: "So let me get this straight. You 4 dust and blood covered drifters of ill repute, who may or may not have murdered the town mayor, who may or may not have been a Rakshasa, want me to build you a base of operations."

"Pilgrims...it's gonna cost ya..."

Gordon Freewyrm
LN Male Kobold Rogue 6/Kobold Maintenance Man 6
Init +3, Senses: Listen +8, Spot +8, Dark Vision 60'
Languages Draconic, Common, Undercommon
AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15 (+1 Size, +3 Dex, +1 Natural, +3 Armor)
hp 42 (12 HD)
Fort +4, Ref +13, Will +7
Evasion, Uncanny Dodge
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee +1 Crowbar +8/+3 (1d4)
Melee +1 Wrench +8/+3 (1d6/19-20, x3)
Melee +1 Hammer +8/+3 (1d6, x3)
Base Atk +8, Grp +3
Atk Options Sneak Attack +3d6
Combat Gear 1 Potion of Cure Light Wounds
Abilities Str 8, Dex 16, Con 11, Int 15, Wis 10, Cha 8
SQ Trapfinding, Trap Sense +2, Light Sensitivity, Alien Diplomacy, Wrench Warfare, A True Professional, Desperate Times, Clean That ____ Up, We're Inhaling What?
Feats Jack of All Trades, Low Key, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Repeating Heavy Crossbow, B)
Skills Appraise +6, Bluff +3, Craft (Alchemy, Blacksmithing, Carpentry, Stonemasonry) +10, Craft (Trapmaking) +12, Diplomacy +3, Disable Device +10, Forgery +6, Gather Information +3, Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering, Local) +10, Listen +8, Open Lock +7, Profession (Miner) +2, Profession (Trapsmith) +8, Search +12, Sense Motive +4, Sleight of Hand +7, Spot +8, Survival +4, Use Magic Device +7
Possessions Maintenance Toolbox (isn't fully loaded yet), Wrench of Nipple Twisting, Hammer of Bashing Things Till They Work, Crowbar of Bashing Things Till They Stop Working, Mop of Cleaning, Skeleton Key, Magic Multi-Tool, Daern's Instant Measuring Tool, Anti-Goober Sign, Arcane Thieve's Tools, 2 rolls of Duct Tape of Repair, +1 Fire Resistance Leather Armor, 1 Potion of Cure Light Wounds, 654 GP

EPIC KOBOLD MAINTENANCE MAN

Hit Die: d6
Skills Points at Each Level : 8 + int
Bonus Feats: The Epic Kobold Maintenance Man gains a Bonus Feat every 2 levels higher than 20th

GoC
2008-06-02, 11:25 AM
Re: Kobold Mama
It's nice but it needs MOAR POWER!!!!
Recommendations:
The 6th level I Must Protect The Children bonus should be capped at Kobold Mother level instead of 1/2 level.
While in a fury the Kobold Mother gains any 2 fighter bonus feats she qualifies for. This bonus increases to 3 at 7th level and 4 at 10th level. Fury can also be used 3 times at level 10.

Zenos
2008-06-02, 04:31 PM
About the M.A.D.D.
Shouldn't a prestige class make the one taking it have to be at least 5th level?

Debihuman
2008-06-02, 05:50 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing M.A.D.D. completed.

Debby

Bhu
2008-06-03, 03:37 AM
About the M.A.D.D.
Shouldn't a prestige class make the one taking it have to be at least 5th level?

Editing that as I type this. Forgot some of the prereqs.

Bhu
2008-06-04, 02:28 AM
Filled in all the M.A.D.D. abilities except the Summon stuff. How many levels of spellcasting do you think she should lose?

watsyurname529
2008-06-04, 11:37 AM
Since the only bonuses the class gives is skills and feats, I say only two or three.

Depending on how powerful the Summons are will determine the number of levels lost.

I'm leaning toward two levels lost, one at 3rd and one at 9th.

Bhu
2008-06-05, 02:20 AM
Im gonna try to aim to make the summoning abilites a supernatural ability usable x times per day. Power level is around the same as Summon Monster V, VI, and VIII.

Bhu
2008-06-06, 10:45 PM
I dunno even with the summoning it lacks a lil somthing. I wonder if theres a way to simulate 'favors owed' type stuff well?

watsyurname529
2008-06-07, 10:09 PM
How about something like this:

You Owe Me One (Ex): They lost the case and got off somewhat light, as they just now owe a favor or two. Once per Day you may call in a favor of one of your clients or your legal aid to help you. You automatically succeed on any one skill check.

Bhu
2008-06-09, 02:14 AM
How about something like this:

You Owe Me One (Ex): They lost the case and got off somewhat light, as they just now owe a favor or two. Once per Day you may call in a favor of one of your clients or your legal aid to help you. You automatically succeed on any one skill check.

Ooooooh that actually does give me an idea...

Bhu
2008-06-11, 04:22 AM
How about instead of the skill bonuses the M.A.D.D. gets a "favor" once per week, which can be any service up to x GP. x will vary with level,

watsyurname529
2008-06-11, 06:01 PM
That'll do the trick. I'd give it 2/Week at 10th level.

Bhu
2008-06-12, 05:58 AM
Okay what do you think of the new ability (I should prolly expand the description huh?)?

Bhu
2008-06-14, 06:10 AM
It'll be a bit before I get the Devils up and posted, so I'll be getting the Maintenance Man up to par i nthe meantime.

Bhu
2008-06-16, 12:57 AM
Okay I got the Paralegal Imp posted on page 6 of the Critter thread in my sig. I also defined the 1st 2 summoning powers.

celestialkin
2008-06-19, 03:00 AM
Love the thread Bhu!

Again, can I use this stuff on my site, in my games/campaign world?

Also, thank you for linking me to this site. It seems very interesting so far.

edit:

Oh, and are you finished with the Kobold Maintenance Man, or are you going to do more work on it later???

Bhu
2008-06-19, 03:44 AM
Ill be finishing up the Maintenance Man as soon as i get M.A.D.D. done.

And yeah go ahead and use the stuff, it's what I post it for.

Bhu
2008-06-20, 06:04 AM
Edited the Maintenance Man a lil for you to peek ay whilst you wait.

Bhu
2008-06-21, 04:35 AM
Okay as soon as Wizards comes up long enough for me to copy off the Attorney Devil (I forgot to) I'll be posting it on page 7 of the Critter thread to work on here. That way I can finally finish things.

Bhu
2008-06-22, 05:13 AM
I finalized the abilites for the M.A.D.D. Still think it should only lose 3 caster levels?

Bhu
2008-06-23, 04:12 AM
Im gonna fo for it losing a caster level at 3rd, 6th, and 9th unless there are any objections. And if anyone is still reading...

watsyurname529
2008-06-24, 07:27 PM
Seems good.

Bhu
2008-06-25, 03:59 AM
Whilst i edit the NPC into M.A.D.D. any thoughts on Prerequisite Feats for Maintenance Man??

Bhu
2008-06-26, 06:02 AM
This weekend will be short one day, and next week will suck at work because of the holiday (massive ot). Fear not. I shall return to finish, one way or another.

lord of kobolds
2008-06-26, 10:58 AM
Sorry for the absence, I have been working, and haven't had much time.
For prerequisites, I would say skill focus in profession(handyman) and at least 2 craft skills.

Bhu
2008-06-27, 04:57 AM
SKill FOcus was gonna be one but I thought there were jack of all trades type feats somewhere. All the ones I've found have human as a prereq though :smallconfused:

Debihuman
2008-06-27, 03:26 PM
Here's a possible feat for the kobold maintaince man {I know Mike Mearls is the author but I'm not sure where I found this one}

Low Key [General]
You are nondescript and generally unnoticeable unless you make a special effort to draw attention to you. Alternatively, you are good at keeping a low profile and avoiding notice when you would rather not be seen.
Benefit: You gain a +2 competence bonus to Hide checks. In addition, when a creature has an equal chance to hit both you and another valid target, such as your friends, it tends to ignore you. You may make a Hide check opposed by the attacker's Spot. On a successful check, the creature attacks your allies rather than you. When making an attack, it ignores you. If you are the only available target or the creature would have to roll higher to hit all its other possible targets, it may attack you as normal.
Special: If every potential target has this feat, they cancel each other out. Determine the creature's target as normal.

How about he can wield improvised weapons as if he were proficient with them.

He should have a bonus to disarm devices.

I'll be back to add more later....
Debby

watsyurname529
2008-06-28, 04:25 PM
There is a feat in Complete Adventurer that is called Jack of All Trades. It allows you to use any skill as if you had 1/2 a rank in it. So basically, it allows you to use Trained Only skills with a +0 bonus.

Bhu
2008-06-28, 04:57 PM
These both sound good. I'll use Low Key if I can find the source for it.

Debihuman
2008-06-28, 10:36 PM
Eureka! http://mearls.com/cthulhu/coc_feats.html

It's right here on Mike Mearl's blog. It seems to be all OGL.

Debby

Bhu
2008-07-01, 05:29 AM
M.A.D.D. is finally done. The forums were up for a few minutes for me finally.

Debihuman
2008-07-01, 06:50 AM
M.A.D.D. looks really good.

Debby

Bhu
2008-07-02, 04:37 AM
Thanks Deb!

Edited in the new Feats.

Bhu
2008-07-03, 04:59 AM
All I have left of the KMM is hte class abilities to work out. Next up: The Iron Kobold!

Bhu
2008-07-05, 06:38 AM
I'm thinking of making one of the Maintenance Mans abilities be 2 extra skill points per level. These can only be spent on Craft, Knowledge, or Profession skills he doesn't currently have. Think it would be over the top?

Debihuman
2008-07-05, 08:16 AM
I'm thinking of making one of the Maintenance Mans abilities be 2 extra skill points per level. These can only be spent on Craft, Knowledge, or Profession skills he doesn't currently have. Think it would be over the top?

As long as he doesn't get any bonus feats that would also give him bonuses to those skills, I think you are okay. I think he should be even more limted to his skills in that he should only be allowed to gain skills from Maintaince Man Skill list. You don't want him gaining cross-skills as a bonus do you?

Lemme think on this a bit.

Debby

Bhu
2008-07-06, 04:23 AM
Added some abilities to the KMM. It should give you an idea of the direction im going in.

Debihuman
2008-07-06, 07:34 PM
The KMM is looking good. I'll see if I can find some cool stuff for it.

Debby

Bhu
2008-07-07, 04:13 AM
Tanks Debbie !! :smallcool:

Debihuman
2008-07-07, 02:43 PM
I may have found something...

http://www.d20forge.com/contribution/display.html?id=1914

Leather Jumpsuit (Light)

"It's A Me!" - "That's the guy? He looks more like a plumber than a mercenary."

This leather suit looks like an average worker's uniform. It covers from ankles to shoulders and is made of soft leather with extra padding of treated leather on the knees and elbows. While not providing much protection, it does keep the wearer warm, providing a slight resistance to cold (resist 1 cold damage per round). When regarding the rules for donning armor, this suit can be donned hastily in one round or donned regularly in two rounds. All that is required to put it on is to slip into it like a normal set of clothing and button up the front.

{table=head]Armor|Cost|Armor Bonus|Max Dex Bonus|Armor Check Penalty|Arcane Spell Failure|Weight

Leather Jumpsuit|
7 gp|
+1 |
+8 |
-0|5% | 10 lbs. [/table]

Bhu
2008-07-08, 05:06 AM
Im thinking of changing weapon proficiencies to say 'gains proficiency with all maintenance weapons'

Of course illl have to add a table of wrenches, screwdrivers, etc

Debihuman
2008-07-08, 08:10 AM
Actually, he should be proficient with Improvised Weapons. From the SRD:

Improvised Weapons
Sometimes objects not crafted to be weapons nonetheless see use in combat. Because such objects are not designed for this use, any creature that uses one in combat is considered to be nonproficient with it and takes a -4 penalty on attack rolls made with that object. To determine the size category and appropriate damage for an improvised weapon, compare its relative size and damage potential to the weapon list to find a reasonable match. An improvised weapon scores a threat on a natural roll of 20 and deals double damage on a critical hit. An improvised thrown weapon has a range increment of 10 feet.

He probably should be proficient in spiked chain too. Here are some other item [crowbar and torch are both from SRD] but the shovel and screwdriver are my ideas.

Crowbar: A crowbar grants a +2 circumstance bonus on Strength checks made for such purposes. If used in combat, treat a crowbar as a one-handed improvised weapon that deals bludgeoning damage equal to that of a club of its size. [From SRD]

Torch: A torch burns for 1 hour, clearly illuminating a 20-foot radius and providing shadowy illumination out to a 40-foot radius. If a torch is used in combat, treat it as a one-handed improvised weapon that deals bludgeoning damage equal to that of a gauntlet of its size, plus 1 point of fire damage. [from SRD]

Screwdriver should be a piercing weapon and have a chance to blind the eyes of the opponent. Probably does 1d4 points of damage and in the hands of the maintance man, crits at 18-20 plus possible blinding damage [normally it would be 20 but this gives the maintainace man a bit of oomph].

shovel: again, bludgeoning damage and gives speed to digging: probably does 1d6 points of damage and crits at 19-20/x3. [Again the bonus is for being a maintainance man].

[from SRD: Characters who aren’t buried can dig out their friends. In 1 minute, using only her hands, a character can clear rocks and debris equal to five times her heavy load limit. The amount of loose stone that fills a 5-foot-by-5-foot area weighs one ton (2,000 pounds). Armed with an appropriate tool, such as a pick, crowbar, or shovel, a digger can clear loose stone twice as quickly as by hand. You may allow a buried character to free himself with a DC 25 Strength check] In the hands of a maintaince man, he may dig at triple speed. [Again the bonus is from the class].

And a good maintaince man ALWAYS has masterwork tools!
That's all for my ideas for now.

Hope this helps

Debby

Bhu
2008-07-09, 04:32 AM
He is proficient with improvised weapons at level 3 (see Wrench Warfare).

Debihuman
2008-07-09, 06:27 AM
I think Hazmat crew would allow the KMM to be immune to a Disease like Mummy Rot and gain +2 bonus to Saves against other disease.

What do you think?

Debby

watsyurname529
2008-07-09, 06:01 PM
Well I'm back and I see the Maintenance Man got some work. Looks good and it fits quite well. You'll probably have to add some sort of trap related bonus ability.

Bhu
2008-07-10, 04:18 AM
Minor updates up. :D

Bhu
2008-07-19, 06:25 PM
Awright the forum is back!!!!

I've had tons of ideas for nifty magic items while the boards were down!

Who's ready for Daern's Instant Vendng Machine? :smallbiggrin:

Debihuman
2008-07-20, 08:20 AM
Can't wait to see the vending machine:

I'm so liking this one too: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20modern/article/20021017a

Duct Tape of Repair: This magic brand of duct tape can repair damaged objects and vehicles. When a 5-foot strip of the duct tape is applied to the damaged area, the duct tape disappears and the object regains 1d8+5 hit points instantly.

Duct tape of repair comes in a standard-size roll and can be used 14 times before the roll is exhausted. Applying duct tape of repair is a full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunity.

Type: Wondrous Item (magic); Caster Level: 5th; Purchase DC: 21; Weight: 1 lb.

I'll see if I can find more stuff.

Debby

Bhu
2008-07-21, 05:13 AM
If this b oard had cookies smileys you'd be getting one right now:smallbiggrin: Debbie

watsyurname529
2008-07-21, 07:13 PM
I'd call it a Standard Action on the duct tape but otherwise that is AWESOME!

Bhu
2008-07-22, 04:59 AM
Maintenance Toolbox
Price (Item Level): 10,000 GP
Price with all items: 177,816 GP
Body Slot: - (carried)
Caster Level: 9th
Aura: Moderate; (DC:19) Conjuration
Activation: Swift (command)
Weight: 25 lbs

This metal toolbox effectively functions the same as a Bag of Holding IV, but it is slightly different. The toolbox comes pre-equipped with several items listed below, and living creatures may not be placed in it. Al objects are shrunken into strange widgets, obly identifiable to the boxes owner (i.e. once they're in the box, you'll have to ask him or pull them all out at random to find them. Only the most favored or well rewarded members of he Maintenance Department get one of these toolboxes.
Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Leomund's Secret Chest
Cost to Create: 5000 GP, 5 days, 200 XP

The box contains:

1 set of Arcane Thieves Tools (MIC page 150)
2 Blast Disks (MIC page 152)
5 Blessed Bandages (MIC page 152)
1 Daern's Instant Tent (MIC page 155)
1 Daern's Instant Coffee Pot
1 Daern's Instant Vending Machine
1 Superior Rope of Climbing (MIC page 176)
1 Wrench of Nipple Twisting
1 Hammer of Bashing Things Until They Work
1 Crowbar of Bashing Things Until They Stop Working
2 Rolls of Duct Tape of Repair
1 Mop of Cleaning
1 Skeleton Key
1 Magic Multi-Tool
1 Chainsaw of Fun
1 Daern's Instant Facemask
1 Daern's Mystic Measuring Tool
1 Daern's General Purpose Personal Defense Boomstick
1 Daern's Instant Shack
1 Jar of Dust of Dryness
1 pair of Goggles of Minute Seeing
1 Animated Shovel
1 Jar of Salve of Slipperiness
1 Jar of Sovereign Glue
1 Jar of Univesal Solvent
1 Anti-Goober Sign

Daern's Instant Coffee Pot
Price (Item Level): 200 GP (2nd)
Caster Level: 1st
Aura: Faint; (DC:15) Conjuration
Activation: Standard (Command)
Weight: 2 lbs.

3 times per day when you utter the correct command word, this pot (it looks like a thermos actually) fills with fresh coffee (black or with cream/sugar).

Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Create Water
Cost to Create: 100 GP, 1 day, 8 XP

Daern's Vending Machine
Price (Item Level): 3600 GP (8th)
Body Slot: - (carried theoretically)
Caster Level: 5th
Aura: Faint; (DC:17) Conjuration
Activation: Standard (Manipulation)
Weight: 400 lbs.

This 6' tall by 3' wide by 3' thick metal box has a display on front with pictures of foodstuffs and drinks (with prices listed next to them) that change on a random basis (sometimes by the hour, sometimes by the month). By inserting up to 1 Silver in coins, you get enough food for one meal. The machine does not provide change since the original creator was apparently an utter bastard. Rumor has it the creators have made some machines that teleport the coins to their location as a means of earning a steady income. The cost of making one of these machines tends to make this unlikely.

Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Coins to Food
Cost to Create: 1800 GP, 2 days, 72 XP

Coins to Food
Transmutation
Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 1
Components: V, S. M
Casting Time: 1 Minute
Range: Close (25 ft. plus 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: You
Duration: 24 hours

Material component is any coin of legal monetary value. Even though it says 1 Silver piece to feed you for a day you may use any combination of coins that amount to 1 SP, or even more expensive coins like gold (you do not get change back). You may sacrifice 4 copper pieces to get fed one meal. Or 1 silver piece to eat for a day. The coins convert to food and drink of whatever sort you wish, but it is only good for 24 hours (except for water, it doesn't spoil).

Wrench of Nipple Twisting
Price (Item Level): 18,312 GP
Caster Level: 7th
Aura: Moderate; (DC:19) Transmutation
Activation: - (Use-activated)
Weight: 3 lbs.

This appears to be a normal +1 Wrench. When striking a humanoid opponent that has nipples or some other soft body part the wielder gets to make an immediate Grapple Check as a Free Action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If he succeeds with the Grapple Check, the Wrench latches on, animates, and violently twists the soft part of the body it has latched on to causing incredible pain. This effect is identical to the Tweak Nipple spell. Duration lasts until the victim makes a DC 20 Str check to pull the wrench free (Incidentally doing 1d6 damage in the process).

Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Tweak Nipple
Cost to Create: 9156 GP, 9 days, 366 XP

Tweak Nipple
Transmutation
Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 4
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 Standard Action
Target: One Creature
Duration: Concentration (up to 1 round/level)
Saving Throw: Will Negates
Spell Resistance: No

An invisible telekinetic force grabs hold of one of your opponents nipples, twists hard, and pulls. Until it lets go he has a -4 penalty to all rolls. This does not work on any creature with no discernable anatomy or that is immune to criticals. Creatures who have no nipples but still don't qualify under the aforementioned conditions have some other part of their body harmed instead.

Wrench
One Handed Exotic Weapon
Cost: 12 GP
Dmg (S): 1d6
Dmg (M): 1d8
Critical: 19-20, x3
Weight: 3 lbs.
Type: Bludgeoning

Wrenches add a +2 Bonus to Str checks for loosening up bolts and such.

Hammer of Bashing Things Till They Work
Price (Item Level): 8,312 GP
Aura: Faint; (DC:17) Transmutation
Activation: -
Weight: 5 lbs.

This is to all intents and purposes a +1 Claw Hammer, though it is used more as a tool than a weapon. It's true purpose is a result of the "if it doesn't work, just give it a whack" theory of mechanics. By striking any mechanical device that has more than 2 moving parts (note mechanical does not imply metal, it can be made of wood or other substances except flesh) you get a Repair check. You are attempting to beat a DC of 20, and your check is 10 plus the damage rolled on your striking the object with the hammer. If you successfully make the DC, the object begins functioning normally again for 2d6 hours (i.e. enough time to usually do a proper repair, or make it last a bit longer to get soemthing specific done). If you don't make the DC, the object isn't damaged any further by the hammer as the dents from the strike magically heal instantly.

Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Craft Wondrous Item, Repair Serious Damage
Cost to Create: 4,156 GP, 5 days, 166 XP

Claw Hammer
One Handed Exotic Weapon
Dmg (S): 1d6
Dmg (M): 1d8
Critical: x3
Type: Bludgeoning OR piercing

Even though it has been sharpened to use as a weapon on its prying end, this can still function as a claw hammer. It still gives a +2 to Strength checks for prying open doors/chests, shattering chains, etc.

Crowbar of Bashing Things Till They Stop Working
Price (Item Level): 18,312 GP
Caster Level: 3rd
Aura: Faint; (DC:16) Evocation
Activation: - (and Free, Command)

This is a +1 Breaking Crowbar.

Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Shatter
Cost to Create: 9156 GP, 9 days, 366 XP

Breaking
Price: +2 bonus
Property: Bludgeoning melee weapon
Aura: Faint; (DC:16) Evocation
Activation Free (Command)

3 times per day as a Free Action a Breaking weapon may be used to immediately cast Shatter as a Free Action on any object it has just struck successfully.

Cost to Create: varies

Crowbar
One Handed Exotic Weapon
Dmg (S): 1d4
Dmg (M): 1d6
Critical: x2
Weight: 7 lbs.
Type: Bludgeoning OR piercing

Even though it has been sharpened to use as a weapon on its prying ends, and is heavier, this can still function as a regular crowbar. It still gives a +2 to Strength checks for prying open doors/chests, shattering chains, etc. Because of it's shape it also grants a +2 on opposed rolls to trip or disarm an opponent.

Duct Tape of Repair
Price (Item Level): 450 GP (3rd)
Aura: Faint; (DC:15) Transmutation
Weight: less than a pound

This magic brand of duct tape can repair damaged objects and vehicles. When a 5-foot strip of the duct tape is applied to the damaged area, the duct tape disappears and the object regains 1d8+1 hit points instantly.

Duct tape of repair comes in a standard-size roll and can be used 14 times before the roll is exhausted.
Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Repair Light Damage
Cost to Create: 225 GP, 1 day, 18 XP
Original Concept by DebiHuman

Mop of Cleaning
Price (Item Level): 500 GP (3rd)
Activation: - (Use-Activated)
Weight: 4 lbs.

This mop can clean virtually any substance up at the rate of one 5' square per round. It is unknown where the cleaned up fluids and other noxious substances go...
The mop can even clean up acid or toxic substances without problem, and can remove a Grease spell.

Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Neutralize Poison, Prestidigitation
Cost to Create: 250 GP, 1 day, 10 XP

Clean Water
Transmutation
Components: V, S, M
Level: Sor/Wiz 2
Casting Time: 1 minute
Range: Close (25 feet plus 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: 10-foot area/level
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None

This transmutation cleanses any flat surface area that has been corrupted by acid, poison, or other noxious substance by turning it into an equal amount of water. It cannot clean the air, and the liquid cannot be deeper than one foot.

Material Component:
A few flakes of soap
Spell by DebiHuman

Skeleton Key
Price (Item Level): 5000 GP (9th)
Aura: Faint; (DC:16) Transmutation
Activation: Swift (Manipulation)
Weight: -

This key can be used to open any lock as a Swift Action, even if it is locked by the spell Arcane Lock.

Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Instant Locksmith, Knock
Cost to Create: 2,500 GP, 3 days, 100 XP

Magic Multi-Tool
Price (Item Level): 1000 GP (4th)
Aura: Moderate; (DC:19) Transmutation
Activation: Swift (Command)
Weight: 1 lb.

This 3' metal rod can become any masterwork tool as a Swift Action by uttering the command word.

Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Fabricate
Cost to Create: 500 GP, 1 day, 20 XP

SUMMON TOOL
Conjuration
Level: Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V, S, F
Range: 0 ft.
Effect: Unattended, non magical object of non living matter
Duration: 1 hour per level

You temporarily create one Masterwork tool of any kind, that can be held in the casters hands (i.e. no bigger than a sledgehammer or saw). If you attempt to use this tool as a spell component or break it, the spell ends. Focus is a 1' steel rod.

Chainsaw of Fun
Price (Item Level): 25868 GP (16th)
Aura: Faint; (DC:17) Conjuration

3 times per day this saw can become a Mordenkainen's Force Saw.

Prerequisites: Create Magic Arms and Armor, Craft Wondrous Item,
Cost to Create: 12934 GP, 13 days, 517 XP

Mordenkainen's Force Saw
Conjuration
Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 2
Components: V, S. F
Range: Personal
Effect: 1 Chainsaw
Duration: 1 round per level
Saving Throw: No

When cast this summons a mystical chainsaw. It can cut through just about anything eventually. It cuts through 2 inches of any material of Hardness 5 or less in 1 round. It will cut through 1 inch of anything Hardness 6-8 in 2 rounds. It will cut through 1 inch of anything Hardness 9-15 in 3 rounds. It cannot cut through Hardness 16 or higher. If used as a weapon it is a Two handed +1 weapon that does 1d8 damage (plus Strength modifier) as a melee touch attack. Focus is a miniature pewter chainsaw.

Daern's Instant Face Mask
Price (Item Level): 4,500 GP (9th)
Body Slot: Face
Activation: - (Use-Activated)
Weight: -

While wearing this face mask the owner is immune to inhaled poisons, and can breathe whether or not there is oxygen available. The wearers eyes are also shaded from bright light, and he has a +4 circumstance bonus to Saves against being blinded by light.

Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Delay Poison, Eye Shades, Water Breathing
Cost to Create: 2,250 GP, 3 days, 90 XP

Eye Shades
Abjuration
Range: Personal
Duration: 1 Minute/Level

For the Duration of the spell you have a +4 Bonus on all Saving Throws against spells or effects based on flashes of light that would temporarily Daze or Blind you.

Daern's Mystic Measuring Tool
Price (Item Level): 100 GP (1st)
Aura: Faint; (DC:15) Divination

As a Standard Action you can automatically learn:

The distance between any 2 points within line of sight.
Measure any object (volume, weight, length, etc).
Mark a line between 2 points.
Effectively it's a measuring tape, level, ruler/marker, all in one. If the wielder wishes it will generate a line of any color between 2 points permanently.

Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Arcane Mark, Daern's Instant Measurement
Cost to Create: 50 GP, 1 day, 2 XP

Daern's Instant Measurement
Divination
Components: V, S, Focus
Range: Close (25 ft. plus 5 ft. per level), but see below
Duration: 1 Round/Level

For the duration of the spell you can measure any 1 object of any size within range. You can learn height, length, weight, volume, etc. Whatever measurement you require this spell will perform. Optionally you may learn the exact distance between any two points you can actually see. Focus is a measuring device of any sort.

Daern's General Purpose Personal Defense Boomstick
Price (Item Level): 30,000 GP (21st)
Aura: Moderate; (DC:18) Conjuration
Weight: 8 lbs.

This appears to be a long metal tube with a trigger at one end. By pulling the trigger anyone holding the Boomstick can fire a blast that's equivalent to an Orb of Sound cast by a 7th level caster. The Boomstick can be used 5 times per day.

Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Create Wondrous Item, Orb of Sound, Use Magic Device 4 ranks
Cost to Create: 15,000 GP, 15 days, 600 XP

Daern's Instant Shack
Price (Item Level): 15,000 GP (21st)
Aura: Moderate; (DC:18) Conjuration

Throwing this wooden cube to the ground and speaking the command word creates a small wooden shack with a sign on front that says "Maintenance: Knock before entering". The shack is otherwise Identical to the dwelling created by the Leomund's Secure Shelter spell. A different command word returns it to cube form, assuming there are no living beings inside. It will remain in shack form till empty of life. The cube takes 1 round to change forms.

Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Leomund's Secure Shelter
Cost to Create: 7,500 GP, 8 days, 300 XP

Animated Shovel
Price (Item Level): 9,312 GP
Caster Level: 11th
Aura: Moderate; (DC:20) Transmutation

This appears to be an ordinary +1 Shovel. When speaking the command word the shovel will animate by itself, and begin digging according to instructions (the effect is identical to the Move Earth spell). It will stop when the command word is repeated, or when the limits of the spell are reached. It may be used in this manner 3 times per day.

Prerequisites: Create Magic Arms and Armor, Craft Wondrous Item, Animate Object, Move Earth
Cost to Create: 4656 GP, 5 days, 186 XP

Shovel
Two Handed Exotic Weapon
Dmg (S): 1d8
Dmg (M): 1d10
Critical: 19-20
Type: Bludgeoning OR Slashing

Anti-Goober Sign
Price (Item Level): 3600 GP
Caster Level: 11th
Aura: Moderate; (DC:21) Enchantment
Activation: - (Use-activated)

Once per day as a Swift action the owner can command this sign to present any message of up to 25 words for 24 hours. Any living creature viewing it will be compelled to obey the message of the sign (basically identical to the Suggestion spell) unless they succeed on one of 3 Will Saves. All 3 are made upon reading the sign. The owner is immune to the effects of the sign, as well as anyone he specifically designates to be immune from it (who must be present when he sets the signs message).

Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Illusory Script, Mass Suggestion
Cost to Create: 1800 GP, 2 days, 72 XP

Debihuman
2008-07-22, 10:01 AM
I love the toolbox and can't wait to see it completed.

Here's a standard version of Duct Tape of Repair (modified from D20 Modern)

Duct Tape of Repair
This magic brand of duct tape can repair damaged objects and vehicles. When a 5-foot strip of the duct tape is applied to the damaged area, the duct tape disappears and the object regains 1d8+5 hit points instantly.

Duct tape of repair comes in a standard-size roll and can be used 14 times before the roll is exhausted. Applying duct tape of repair is a full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunity.

Construction: Craft Wondrous Item, mending; Cost 350 gp. Caster Level: 5th; Weight 1 lb.

Here's how I calculated the price: I used a potion of cure light as a base x 14 (number of uses) ÷ 2 (because a 0 level mending spell is is worth half of cure light spell). 50X14÷2=350. What do you think?

Debby

Bhu
2008-07-23, 04:31 AM
I added it to the toolbox, along with a few thoughts for new stuff :D

Bhu
2008-07-24, 04:53 AM
Okay for the capstone how about an ocupational specialty like plumber, electrician, etc?

lord of kobolds
2008-07-24, 10:37 AM
I was thinking maybe immunity to cold, heat, and electricity, after somany times being shocked, torched, and frozen.
would that be too much?
perhaps only resistance to them.
the duct tape ability should allow the kmm to repair magic items, or just to repair any item without making a check, very quickly.

Bhu
2008-07-25, 04:59 AM
Well I was going to have 4 or 5 options, I'm just trying to think of them.

Electrician: Electricity Resistance

Trapsmith: Trap bonuses of some kind

Plumber: ????

Exterminator maybe??

Carpenter:???

DracoDei
2008-07-25, 06:56 AM
Plumber: Water breathing and an Extraordinary ability? Swim Speed = land speed?

Exterminator: Stinking Cloud 3/day (sorta out of flavor...)

lord of kobolds
2008-07-25, 03:16 PM
Well I was going to have 4 or 5 options, I'm just trying to think of them.

Electrician: Electricity Resistance

Trapsmith: Trap bonuses of some kind

Plumber: ????

Exterminator maybe??

Carpenter:???

exterminator: Attack bonus against vermin, animals
carpenter: sunder bonus against wooden items.

Bhu
2008-07-26, 04:14 AM
I added the first 2 occupational specialties. Its going to be a nasty weekend so hopefully i get time to work on the KMM.

Bhu
2008-07-27, 01:40 AM
Okay were up to 6 occupational specialties. Theyve all got the fluff up, I just need to do the crunch.

Debihuman
2008-07-28, 12:34 AM
You also are missing the text for Duct Tape. Actually I think you should change that to:

Juryrig (Ex): You can fix any or create mechanical and chemical items, but not magical or alchemical items from coomon cleaning products, found objects, and duct tape as if you had the appropriate Craft skill. If you already have a craft skill, you gain a +2 Insight bonus to it. If you are in possession of maintenaince toolbox, you gain a synergy bonus of +2 to your craft skill.

What do you think?

Debby

Bhu
2008-07-28, 05:30 AM
I like it. Had to work all day today, so I'll have updates soon.

Bhu
2008-07-29, 04:21 AM
I got Duct Tape up (or at least the preliminaries). I'm having problems making edits so anything else will have to wait for tomorrow.

Debihuman
2008-07-29, 07:55 AM
I like your Duct Tape ability a more than I like Juryrig! At least I was headed in the right direction. Obviously, I was chanelling MaGyver at the time.

I could picture a mad kobold maintaince man holding aloft a roll of duct tape of repair while yelling, "One ring to rule them all!"

Debby

Bhu
2008-07-30, 04:24 AM
Okay any thoughts on extra tools for the toolbox or what abilities the carpenter should have?

Debihuman
2008-07-30, 03:48 PM
The best items would be Maxwell's Silver Hammer and the Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver, but those are beyond the ken of a lowly kobold maintainance man.

I think the toolbox should contain a few doses of universal solvent (good for removing soverieign glue and tanglefoot bags).

A carpenter should have a lot of measuring tools, a +1 saw, nails that never bend and so forth.

Did you have something else in mind?

Debby

Bhu
2008-07-31, 05:31 AM
I have a chainsaw, a multitool and a measuring device (which I'll have to stat out of course, been revising the toolbox list). I was thinking of the odd little things I hadn't thought of that someone else might immediately ask "how could you have possible forgotten this?".

Debihuman
2008-07-31, 07:26 AM
Measuring tape!

Honestly, I think we're tapped out with the toolbox. How much is it gonna weigh fully stocked?

Debby

Bhu
2008-08-01, 04:16 AM
Much like a Bag of Holding it always weighs the same :D

Bhu
2008-08-02, 05:12 AM
Made some minor edits to the KMM, and I'm gonna start putting up the new magic items too.

DracoDei
2008-08-02, 02:00 PM
A kobold scale Maul of the Titans if that isn't too close to the Wrenches of Bashing Things... because when all else fails "get a bigger hammer"...

Bhu
2008-08-05, 04:46 AM
Ill' have to add a hammer of some kind. It just wouldn't be right otherwise :smallbiggrin:

Bhu
2008-08-06, 05:39 AM
Added the text for carpenter and exterminator.

Debihuman
2008-08-07, 12:34 PM
Maintenance Toolbox
Price (Item Level): 10,000 GP
Aura: Moderate; (DC:19) Conjuration
Activation: Swift (command)
Weight: 25 lbs

This metal toolbox effectively functions the same as a Bag of Holding IV, but it is slightly different. The toolbox comes pre-equipped with several items listed below, and living creatures may not be placed in it. Al objects are shrunken into strange widgets, obly identifiable to the boxes owner (i.e. once they're in the box, you'll have to ask him or pull them all out at random to find them. Only the most favored or well rewarded members of he Maintenance Department get one of these toolboxes.
Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Leomund's Secret Chest
Cost to Create: 5000 GP, 5 days, 200 XP

The box contains:

1 Wrench of Bashing Things Until They Work
1 Wrench of Bashing Things Until They Stop Working
1 Mop of Cleaning
1 Skeleton Key
1 Magic Multi-Tool
1 Chainsaw of Fun
1 Daern's Instant Shack

Bhu, these are looking great! I'm away on vacation and don't have access to my computer (but I'm borrowing a friend's computer). I think I may have a skeleton key that is OGC from another product. I won't know for sure for about a week. Do you want me to check it out?

1 Wrench of Bashing Things Until They Work
1 Wrench of Bashing Things Until They Stop Working

These should really be hammers instead of wrenchs, especially since you already have a wrench of nipple twisting!

Debby

Bhu
2008-08-08, 04:25 AM
Sure go ahead and peek. Hopefully I'll have had time to finish stuff off before you come back.

Bhu
2008-08-09, 05:34 AM
Okay except for magic items and the example NPC the KMM is done. Any thoughts?

Bhu
2008-08-11, 02:58 AM
Gonna have to do some thinking about the magic item prerequisites. SOme of them dont have any easy options. And I'll need to get them done before I do he example KMM.

Bhu
2008-08-12, 04:34 AM
Okay is there a spell thats based on causing pain thats lower level than Symbol of Pain?

Bhu
2008-08-13, 04:46 AM
Added descriptions to most of the items.

Bhu
2008-08-14, 05:17 AM
Is htere a spell that gives a grapple bonus that doesnt involve tentacles?

DracoDei
2008-08-14, 03:07 PM
Enlarge Person would seem to be the most obvious answer... although I am saying that without bothering to check context...

Bhu
2008-08-15, 05:16 AM
Enlarge Person would seem to be the most obvious answer... although I am saying that without bothering to check context...

I'm trying to figure out a prerequisite spell for the Wrench of Nipple Twisting.

DracoDei
2008-08-15, 03:40 PM
Bigby's Grasping Hand or Bigby's Crushing Hand?
Both pretty high levels though...

Bhu
2008-08-16, 03:46 AM
Maybe I can make a Bigby's Pinching Hand spell (lols)

Debihuman
2008-08-16, 06:47 PM
This is from "Keys of Magic" by Josh Benton. It's on the free sample so I am guessing that it is open gaming content. Of course, if it isn't, they are darned loopy for posting it themselves! It may not be exactly what you want, but you can always change it!

Skeleton Key:
A thin mithral key which hangs from a chain of the same metal, when worn around the neck, it is nearly impossible to hold the character, as he is
under the continuous effect of a freedom spell.

Worn in this way, the key takes up the same slot as an amulet, brooch, medallion, necklace or scarab. When held in the hand, and placed against any eligible barrier, the skeleton key creates a 5’x8’, 25’ deep ethereal corridor. When making use of this ability, the character is not protected by the effects
of freedom. The passage disappears once the character places the key back around his neck.

Strong Abjuration and Conjuration; CL 17th; Craft Wondrous Item, freedom, phase door; Price 510,000gp Weight: -

Debby

Bhu
2008-08-17, 04:12 AM
Thats one heck of an expensive key...

Debihuman
2008-08-17, 11:35 AM
It certainly is expensive, but a permanent freedom spell effect wouldn't be cheap.

Another useful skeleton key might be a key that has a knock spell on it. Extremely rare versions could even have permanent knock spells on it. Most would have 50 charges. I think a maintainace man would have more use for a knock spell than for a freedom spell.

I'll see if I can find anything on the web for a skeleton key.

Whoo-hoo! This might be useful: The Universal Key. And it isn't hugely expensive!

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cw/20061106a

Debby

Bhu
2008-08-19, 04:58 AM
Thanks Debbie. I'll have em done soon, I'm just getting pounded lately.

Bhu
2008-08-20, 04:00 AM
Okay I need to figure out teh prerequisites for Chainsaw of Fun, Wrench of Nipple Twisting, and whatever Im using for the enhanced saves vs flashing lights bit of the Face Mask. Once I get those, I can wrap this up.

SInce the Chainsaw will be more of a tool than a weapon im thinking of going with Craft Wondrous Item instead of Magic Arms and Armor.

Bhu
2008-08-22, 05:47 AM
There don't seem to be spells for defending against flashes of light anywhere that i can find, nor is there a grapple enhancer.....

Might be time to make a spell or two...

Bhu
2008-08-23, 04:31 AM
Okay I added the description to all the items except the Chainsaw. Think the prereqs are okay?

Debihuman
2008-08-23, 06:51 AM
Here I go:

Daern's Instant Coffee Pot
Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Create Water

That looks good.

Daern's Vending Machine
Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Create Food and Water

Also good

Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Sting Ray

[Where is that spell from?]

Hammer of Bashing Things Till They Work
Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Repair Serious Damage
Good

Crowbar of Bashing Things Till They Stop Working

Good

Duct Tape of Repair

Too good. You already have an item which has this. Should be a lower level spell.

Mop of Cleaning
Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Prestidigitation

Noxious substances should be turned into harmless ones (soap and water perhaps)... needs a transmutation spell as well.

Skeleton Key
Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Instant Locksmith, Knock

Looks good too.

Magic Multi-Tool
Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Fabricate

Looks okay to me.

Chainsaw of Fun
Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item,

Since I'm not sure what this is suppose to do, I'm not able to comment. It needs to be defined before you decide what prerequisites it need.

Daern's Instant Face Mask

Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Delay Poison, Water Breathing,

Excellent!

Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Instant Search, Spontaneous Search, Silent image

I'm not sure silent image is necessary but okay. Would Lay of the Land (from Spell Compendium) work as well?

Daern's General Purpose Personal Defense Boomstick
Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Orb of Sound

It works for me!

Daern's Instant Shack
Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Leomund's Secure Shelter

Excellent

Animated Shovel
Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Animate Object

Seems right on.

Debby

Bhu
2008-08-24, 06:28 AM
Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Sting Ray

[Where is that spell from?]

Duct Tape of Repair

Too good. You already have an item which has this. Should be a lower level spell.

Mop of Cleaning
Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Prestidigitation

Noxious substances should be turned into harmless ones (soap and water perhaps)... needs a transmutation spell as well.

Chainsaw of Fun
Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item,

Since I'm not sure what this is suppose to do, I'm not able to comment. It needs to be defined before you decide what prerequisites it need.

Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Instant Search, Spontaneous Search, Silent image

I'm not sure silent image is necessary but okay. Would Lay of the Land (from Spell Compendium) work as well?

Debby

I think Sting Ray is from the Spell COmpendium. I've been trying to restrict myself to it and the core books.

Agree on Duct Tape, will fix that

Unsure what to use for the mop other than Purify Water

The Chainsaw can cut through anything eventually.

Silent Image is to project a beam marking one point to another. Sort of like how you'd use marker or chalk nowadays to mark off points with a ruler or other device when your going to be cutting etc. I need to edit the text for that one.

Debihuman
2008-08-25, 07:04 AM
Don't feel like you need to limit yourself to the core book. Just be aware that you should cite the name of the sourcebook you use and maybe the page number too.

This is not directed at you, Bhu because you always let me know where you got something when I ask. But sometimes its a royal pain to waste as much time as I waste online looking up spells, feats and special abilities because expletive deleted people are too lazy to just put that information. . [okay, I'm done now.]

Sting ray is indeed from Spell Compendium (pgs 206-207). I'm not sure how it relates to nipple twisting though. It creates the feeling of stinging insects crawling on your body. I'm sure there must be a more apppropriate spell available. Symbol of Pain makes more sense and it is core material but it's 5th level. A better spell would be angry ache from the Book of Vile Darkness pg. 85. At least it is a first level spell.

Debby

Debihuman
2008-08-25, 07:13 AM
Before I forget: The mop should neutralize poison as the spell. It doesn't have to make the water fit for consumption (that's kinda gross when you really think about drinking water sitting in a mop's bucket anyway).

Debby

Bhu
2008-08-25, 04:26 PM
I've got a BoVD somewhere. Lemme peek at it. I know there were some Faerun specific pain spells too somewhere.

Debihuman
2008-08-26, 08:04 AM
I found this in my silly spells (all is OGL). Note: I did not create this spell but I've edited it a bit to make it more readable. I didn't write down the name of the author unfortunately.

Drawmij's Instant Coffee
Conjuration (Creation) [Coffee]
Level: Sor/Wiz 4, Business 3
Casting Time: 1 immediate action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect: 8 ounces coffee/level
Duration: 1 min level (see text)
Saving Throw: Will Negates (harmless)

This potent spell summons one cup of coffee per caster level, which will stay piping hot for 1 min per level at which point it will become utterly cold, bitter, and downright undrinkable. If consumed, the coffee will grant the imbiber the effects of a haste spell for the rest of the duration.

Focus: One cup of sufficient size for each 8oz. serving of coffee, with a spoon for each and a sizeable amount of sugar, sweetener and/or creamer if necessary.

Think you can use it?

Debby

Bhu
2008-08-27, 05:54 AM
It mirrors my experience with coffee...I may have to use it as he prerequisite for he coffee maker, but I feel a lil iffy bout using other peoples stuff if I cant give them credit...

Debihuman
2008-08-27, 11:08 PM
AHA! The spell was created by Smalltown Hero on the 1001 Silly Spells Thread on the WotC's forum. You can see it here.

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=314700&page=20s Forum.

Debby

Bhu
2008-08-28, 05:04 AM
Excellent! I shall give him a PM immediately.

Bhu
2008-08-31, 03:53 AM
Okay I finished all the items that didn't have a prerequisite I didnt need to make, and I made 1 new spell as a prereq (edited it into the toolbox post).

That being said I have to ask wtf is up with the item creation rules? Some of these items are hideously expensive for little or no effect. Over 100 thousand gold for the mop!

Debihuman
2008-08-31, 07:23 AM
Okay I finished all the items that didn't have a prerequisite I didnt need to make, and I made 1 new spell as a prereq (edited it into the toolbox post).

That being said I have to ask wtf is up with the item creation rules? Some of these items are hideously expensive for little or no effect. Over 100 thousand gold for the mop!

I hate trying to figure out item creation. Level of spell X Caster Level X 2000 is going to yield expensive results. On the other hand, you get a mop that can neutralize any poison.... It's a trade off between function and price. The better the spell and the more it does, the more expensive it is. 30,000 gp for a lantern of revealing sets the standard.

Debby

Bhu
2008-08-31, 04:19 PM
Yeah but lets be honest here: effectively it's just a mop that can clean up any spill. For 100K GP theres other items you'd rather have as an adventurer. Maybe I can find a cheaper prerequisite.

Bhu
2008-09-01, 04:21 AM
Well since the Maintenance Man is winding down, and it's been waaaaaay overdue for me to post something else:

LIL STABBITY KOBOLD

"I'm down here _______."

Being that they're quite short, many Kobolds tend to be stepped on accidentally, overlooked, pushed around, etc. Some use this to their advantage. Especially the spiteful, mean ones who like pointy things.

BECOMING A LIL STABBITY KOBOLD
Most Lil Stabbity Kobolds begin their careers as Scouts or Rogues for several levels before taking on the path to stabbitiness.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Skills: Hide 8 Ranks, Move Silently 8 Ranks
Feats: Achilles Fallen Arches ( http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4881120&postcount=184 )
Class Abilities: Sneak Attack, Sudden Strike, or Skirmish +3d6
Special: Must be sponsored and trained by another Lil Stabbity Kobold

Class Skills
The Lil Stabbity Kobold's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Disable Device (Int), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Local, Nobility)(Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Search (Int), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Tumble (Dex), and Use Rope (Dex).

Hit Dice: d8

1. +1 +0 +2 +0 Aim Low
2. +2 +0 +3 +0 Pre-emptive Revenge
3. +3 +1 +3 +1 Kneecapper
4. +4 +1 +4 +1 Aim for the Soft Bits
5. +5 +1 +4 +1 I'm Down Here
6. +6 +2 +5 +2 Veteran Kneecapper
7. +7 +2 +5 +2 Aim for the Knees
8. +8 +2 +6 +2 Or Maybe I'm Behind You
9. +9 +3 +6 +3 Don't Feel So Tall Now DO You?
10.+10 +3 +7 +3 Stickin' It To The Man

Weapon Proficiencies: Lil Stabbity Kobolds become proficient with all Simple and Martial weapons. They gain no new armor proficiencies.

Aim Low (Ex): Choose 1 weapon to train with that you have proficiency in. This must be a Light Melee weapon or the Club. That weapons critical threat range increases by (Lil Stabbity Kobold Levels divided by 3). For example a Dagger held by a Rogue 6/Lil Stabbity Kobold 9 threatens a critical hit on a 16-20. This bonus only applies to opponents of a larger Size Class than yourself and does not stack with other effects that increase critical threat range.

Pre-emptive Revenge (Ex): Lil Stabbity Kobolds gain an Insight Bonus to Initiative rolls against any creature of a Larger Size Class equal to their Lil Stabbity Kobold level divided by 3. This stacks with effects such as the Improved Initiative Feat.

Kneecapper (Ex): As a Standard Action you may make a single melee attack against an opponent. If it successfully does damage, you may automatically make a Trip Attack as a Free Action without provoking an Attack of Opportunity (and you take no Size Penalties to the Opposed check).

Aim for the Soft Bits (Ex): Choose 1 weapon to train with that you have proficiency in. This must be a Light Melee weapon or the Club. That weapons critical multiplier increases by (Lil Stabbity Kobold Levles divided by 5). For example a Dagger held by a Rogue 6/Lil Stabbity Kobold 5 does x3 damage on a successful critical hit. This must be the same weapon you chose for Aim Low. This bonus only applies to opponents of a larger Size Class than yourself and does not stack with other effects that increase critical multiplier.

I'm Down Here (Ex): You are considered to be Flanking any opponent whose Size Class is larger than yours for the first round of combat if you have no allies, or for the entire combat as long as an ally is in melee with him regardless of your actual position (you must still be within melee range).

Veteran Kneecapper (Ex): When using your Kneecapper ability successfully, your opponent must now also make a Fortitude Save (DC is 10 plus half hit dice plus Dex modifier) or his movement is halved for 1 minute, and standing up from a Prone position during that time is now a Standard Action.

Aim for the Knees (Ex): When rolling to confirm a Critical hit with the weapon you chose for Aim Low, you take no penalties of any kind to the roll. This bonus only applies to opponents of a larger Size Class than yourself.

Or Maybe I'm Behind You (Ex): This works like the Hide in Plain Sight ability on page 48 of the PHB with 2 exceptions: It may only be used on opponents whose Size Class is larger than yours, and it may be used anywhere as opposed to just natural terrain.

Don't Feel So Tall Now DO You? (Ex): You gain a Competence Bonus on to hit and damage rolls against Prone opponents equal to half your Lil Stabbity Kobold Levels.

Stickin' It To The Man (Ex): When attacking a Prone opponent you add your Sneak attack damage whether you would normally qualify for using it or not.

PLAYING A LIL STABBITY KOBOLD
Kobolds are generally born with a chip on their shoulder. Unlike Gnomes and halflings they have a problem with the other races giving them crap about being short, and they lack the sense of humor the pinkies have. So instead of dishing it back out verbally, they tend to hire themselves out as knee-capping assassins. Some of them work cheap if the target is tall enough or doesn't like short folk.
Combat: You tend to be better against foes who are a larger Size Class than yourself. You're also pretty good at flanking or sneak attacks since being short many of the dumber big folk forget you're there in the heat of the combat. Which really ticks you off, but thankfully you have a lot of knives on you.
Advancement: Lil Stabbity Kobolds tend to stick with what they do best: whacking things taller than they are.
Resources: Most Lil Stabbity Kobolds belong to Assassin's Guilds of other short folk and midgets who want to prove to the world that big deaths can come in small packages.

LIL STABBITY KOBOLDS IN THE WORLD
"You got some healing potions Myrna? I don't know what it was but something put 7 knives in Mr. Winky."
Generally the world is oblivious to you, and considers you to be beneath notice due to your lack of height. Usually after you've broken somebody's knees though he becomes all attentive like. People forget afterwards, but that just means you have more of them to kneecap...
Daily Life: If you aren't researching or stalking a target you're probably challenging tall people to fights in bars. Partly to test yourself, but mostly because beating up drunk guys is fun.
Notables: Stabbin' Bob (NE Male Kobold Rogue 6/Lil Stabbity Kobold 6) is a regular local celebrity. He spends much time in bars for adventurers insulting people passing through town before humiliating them in a knife fight.
Organizations: Many Lil Stabbity Kobolds are trained by the Screaming Midget Bastards Association, who find kindred souls in the small reptiles. They get more recruits in the fight against the evil big folk, and the Kobolds get to say "Well...yeah I did stab him 45 times, but it's my job. I don't come to your workplace and tell you how to do your job do I? Is this because I'm short? Y'know people like you really ____ me off!"

NPC Reaction
NPC's reactions depend a great deal on their height (Short people consider them heroes), and whether or not they have ever insulted a Lil Stabbity Kobold in the past...

LIL STABBITY KOBOLDS IN THE GAME
This class might actually make Small melee types inspire nervousness more often. Not that that's a bad thing.
Adaptation: This fits humorous campaigns better obviously. I mean lets face it, psycho-midgets training Kobold assassins certainly doesn't sound very serious....
Encounters: PC's will generally encounter Lil Stabbity Kobolds the same way the rest of the world does: a sudden painful sensation in the knee or groin, followed by them hitting the ground.

Sample Encounter
EL 12: "HEY!! Hey you the fat human Barbarian! Do your people believe in bathing? Is it against your weird pinky religion to not offend the rest of us with your horrifying miasma of body odor and general scabbiness? How long has it been since you've seen your feat anyway?"

Stabbin' Bob
NE Male Kobold Rogue 6/Lil Stabbity Kobold 6
Init +5 (+7 if Medium against Medium or Bigger), Senses: Listen +8, Spot +9, Dark Vision 60', Light Sensitivity
Languages Draconic, Common
Pre-Emptive Revenge (+2)
AC 21, touch 16, flat-footed 16 (+1 Size, +5 Dex, +1 Natural, +4 Armor)
hp 48 (12 HD)
Fort +4, Ref +15, Will +4
Evasion, Uncanny Dodge
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee +1 Rapier +17/+12 (1d4/16-20, x3)
Base Atk +10, Grp +6
Atk Options Sneak Attack +3d6, Aim Low (Rapier), Kneecapper, Aim For the Soft Bits (Rapier), I'm Down Here, Veteran Kneecapper (DC 21)
Combat Gear 2 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds
Abilities Str 10, Dex 20, Con 10, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 8
SQ Trapfinding, Trap Sense +2
Feats Achilles Fallen Arches, Flick of the Wrist, Giantbane, Quick Draw,
Weapon Finesse
Skills Balance +9, Bluff +4, Climb +4, Disable Device +6, Escape Artist +9, Gather Information +4, Hide +20, Intimidate +3, Knowledge (Local, Nobility) +5, Listen +8, Move Silently +20, Open Lock +10, Search +6, Sense Motive +5, Sleight of Hand +13, Spot +9, Tumble +10, and Use Magic Device +4
Possessions Robe of Blending, +1 Deadly Precision Maiming Rapier, Greater Boots of the Mountain King, +4 Bracers of Armor, 2 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds, 680 GP

EPIC LIL' STABBITY KOBOLD

Hit Die: d8
Bonus Feats: The Epic Lil' Stabbity Kobold gains a Bonus Feat every 2 levels higher than 20th

Bhu
2008-09-01, 04:22 AM
Whoops double post.

Debihuman
2008-09-01, 08:53 AM
Yeah but lets be honest here: effectively it's just a mop that can clean up any spill. For 100K GP theres other items you'd rather have as an adventurer. Maybe I can find a cheaper prerequisite.

Okay, here's one that I'm making up...

Clean Water
Transmutation
Components: V, S, M
Level: Sor/Wiz 2
Casting Time: 1 minute
Range: Close (25 feet plus 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: 10-foot area/level
Duration: Instantaneous

This transmutation cleanses any flat surface area that has been corrupted by acid, poison, or other noxious substance by turning it into an equal amount of water. It cannot clean the air, and the liquid cannot be deeper than one foot.

Material Component:
A few flakes of soap

What do you think?

Debby

Bhu
2008-09-02, 05:28 AM
I like it, but because of price I'm considering of going with Purify Food and Drink. It's much cheaper, and almost does the same thing.

What do you think of the stabbity kobold btw?

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-09-02, 06:05 AM
Looking at the M.A.D.D. it occurs to me that an awesome class would be something like Infernal Lawyer(or other legal professional :smallwink:)

Debihuman
2008-09-02, 11:59 AM
Lil Stabbity Kobold is okay but the name doesn't do anything for me. It sounds like one of your Kitty Prestige Classes. I'd go with Kobold Kutter or something like that.

Debby

Debihuman
2008-09-02, 12:15 PM
The box contains:

1 Hammer of Bashing Things Until They Work
1 Crowbar of Bashing Things Until They Stop Working
1 Mop of Cleaning
1 Skeleton Key
1 Magic Multi-Tool
1 Chainsaw of Fun
1 Daern's Instant Shack
1 Folding Boat
1 Jar of Dust of Dryness
1 pair of Goggles of Minute Seeing
1 Animated Shovel
1 Jar of Salve of Slipperiness
1 Jar of Sovereign Glue
1 Jar of Univesal Solvent

Holy Mother of Insanity! Okay dude, back away from the magic items.

I think you are getting too off course with some of these items. I humbly recommend that you remove the following from the toolbox:

Daern's Instant Tent
Daern's Instant Vending Machine
Daern's Instant Shack
Folding Boat

They are good items but they don't really qualify as tools. I'm letting the coffee pot go because caffeine is the best tool in the world! Plus your toolbox is now waaaaay underpriced as you need to include the price of all the items in it.

Debby

Bhu
2008-09-03, 04:39 AM
I was gonna add the cost of the items to thebox when it was done. Ill delete a few though cause it's spensive enough already.

I wanna kep the vending machine though :smallbiggrin:

"6 _______ weeks working on this guys secret lair and all we got is VENDING MACHINE FOOD!!"

"damn cheap evil overlords."

Debihuman
2008-09-03, 11:00 AM
Oh, I'm not saying get rid of the vending machine at all. It is one of my favorite items.

I'm just thinking it should be a separate item and not part of the toolbox.

Perhaps the toolbox should also have some mundane items: flint and steel, salt and chalk.

Debby

Bhu
2008-09-04, 05:09 AM
True nuff. I'll break out the old Equipemtn Guide soon and peruse through it.

Bhu
2008-09-07, 07:03 AM
Finally got the fluff done on teh lil stabbity kobold. Will have mechanics up soon.

Bhu
2008-09-08, 05:08 AM
I know theres like 3 or 4 "Im short so I get bonuses to stab tall guys in their hoo hahs" Feats scattered around somewhere. Id like to use 1 or 2 as prerequisites, and the only one ive found (Giantbane) doesnt seem quite right. Anyone else have suggestions, I'm looking through the library one book at a time...

Debihuman
2008-09-08, 09:35 AM
See here: http://www.stuffoflegend.com/d20/d20RacialFeats/d201RacialFeatsDw/

I like Achilles but it needs some cleaning up. Here's how I'd see it.

Achilles' Fallen Arches [Kobold Racial Feat]
Prerequisite: Kobold
Benefit: Kobolds are trained to dodge between the legs of larger foes, striking at the knees or Achilles heel in crippling attacks. When fighting a humanoid creature larger than themselves, kobolds receive a +1 bonus to attack, damage, and AC per size category smaller they are than their foe.
Special: Must be at least one size smaller than your opponent

Debby

Cieyrin
2008-09-08, 09:37 AM
Underfoot Combat, Confound the Big Folk and Titan Fighting (From Races of the Wild for the first 2 and Races of Stone for the second) are pretty good ones.

Debihuman
2008-09-08, 10:21 AM
Underfoot Combat, Confound the Big Folk and Titan Fighting (From Races of the Wild for the first 2 and Races of Stone for the second) are pretty good ones.

Unfortunately those books don't contain open gaming content. Bhu could still use them, but he can't fully write them out here.

After looking at the feats, they could be useful. The only downside is that Underfoot Combat requires 10 ranks in Tumble and Counfound the Big Folk has Underfoot Combat as a prerequisite. It might be okay for a Lil Stabbity Kobold especially since the prerequisite for the second 8 ranks hasn't been filled in. If it were Tumble 8 ranks that would transition nicely. [Hint, hint]

Titan fighting is even less useful because kobolds don't usually qualify for the prerequisite of having a racial dodge bonus to AC against giants. I think having Powerful Build helps with that, so it works for goliaths and half-giants, but not so much with kobolds. A Kobold Mama might be able to use this with her "Beware The Power of a Mother Scorned" ability because she is considered to have Powerful Build. Actually this could work well with the Achilles Fallen Arches Feat because that does give a racial bonus to AC (not to giants but that could be added). This could work out quite nicely....[insert evil laughter here].

If you like Titan Fighting, I'll add giants and monstrous humanoids to the list of creatures that Achilles Fallen Arches can affect. If not I won't bother making any changes.

Debby

Bhu
2008-09-09, 05:34 AM
I like your Feat better Debby, Im gonna go with it

Bhu
2008-09-10, 05:06 AM
Okay I added some of the class abilities to Lil Stabbity Kobold :D

Mwuhahahahaha

lord of kobolds
2008-09-10, 06:16 PM
Omigod!
I think i just had an evilgasm!
Shouldn't it specify medium or larger humanoids?

Bhu
2008-09-11, 04:50 AM
Omigod!
I think i just had an evilgasm!
Shouldn't it specify medium or larger humanoids?

Fixed. Will be adding in the other abilities shortly.

Debihuman
2008-09-11, 10:22 AM
Bhu I think I found your universal key for the Toolbox.

The universal key is a mechanical swarm device that unlocks, unbelts, unstoppers, and unbuckles everything nearby when activated. It is often found sealed into potion bottles or even in kegs. Some sages believe that the universal key is only a construct in a technical sense, and that it is really the collected waters of a gear fountain (see "The Clockwork Fortress" in Dungeon magazine #114) enchanted with a simple knock spell. In this case, its magic comes from extraplanar sources.

[Obviously it goes on a lot more but this would be quite useful and it only cost 2,400 gp].

What do you think?

Debby

Cieyrin
2008-09-13, 01:25 PM
What's the Exotic Weapon Proficiency for in the Stabity Kobold prereqs? You can train w/ any weapon you're proficient w/, so why the emphasis on an exotic weapon? I'd change that to Weapon Focus(any piercing), to go along w/ stabbity, though i think one of these kobolds with a Kukri would be utterly evil.
Having Weapon Focus would also tie in with having specially trained to get the benefits against bigger critters a well.
Just my 2 coppers. Take as you will.

Bhu
2008-09-14, 05:25 AM
Bhu I think I found your universal key for the Toolbox.

[Obviously it goes on a lot more but this would be quite useful and it only cost 2,400 gp].

What do you think?

Debby

I like it but I'm wondering how it's so cheap when it basically does about the same thing as the skelton key i made. Maybe i need a cheaper prerequisite...

Bhu
2008-09-14, 05:26 AM
What's the Exotic Weapon Proficiency for in the Stabity Kobold prereqs? You can train w/ any weapon you're proficient w/, so why the emphasis on an exotic weapon? I'd change that to Weapon Focus(any piercing), to go along w/ stabbity, though i think one of these kobolds with a Kukri would be utterly evil.
Having Weapon Focus would also tie in with having specially trained to get the benefits against bigger critters a well.
Just my 2 coppers. Take as you will.

Kukri was what I kinda had in mind :D

Bhu
2008-09-15, 09:11 AM
Sorry bout the delays, I lost power on sunday. Added a few more nifty bits to the lil stabbity kobold.

lord of kobolds
2008-09-15, 10:05 AM
Perhaps a bonus to tripping would be in order?
Or bonuses against overrun attempts?

Bhu
2008-09-16, 05:36 AM
SOmething like that is coming up :D

Due to the remnants of Hurricane Ike all is Chaos where i live right now. Gimme a feew days to sort things out. If I'm lucky I'll be back full time tomorrow.

Debihuman
2008-09-16, 05:41 AM
Lil Stabbity Kobold is coming along very nicely. I hope Ike didn't cause too much damage to your place.

Debby

Bhu
2008-09-17, 06:03 AM
I was without power for a while, but beyond that I'm okay. The apartment complex is a shambles. There's broken branches, roofing tile, and debris everywhere. The nearby houses are all mising roofs, siding, drains or windows so I guess I turned out pretty good.

Cieyrin
2008-09-17, 03:34 PM
Kukri was what I kinda had in mind :D

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), Kukris are martial weapons now, in the hands of normal martial characters of all sizes, hamstringing and slicing apart people everywhere. Guess WOTC decided that small scimitars aren't exotic enough to need EWP anymore w/ 3.5. Makes all those Invisible Blades out there smile that they multiclassed into fighter/rogues :smallbiggrin:

Bhu
2008-09-18, 04:42 AM
fixed the prerequisites and added some kneecapping abilities :D

Debihuman
2008-09-18, 10:25 AM
I like it but I'm wondering how it's so cheap when it basically does about the same thing as the skelton key i made. Maybe i need a cheaper prerequisite...

It can only be used once per day so perhaps that is why it is cheaper. You divide the cost by 5 divided by number of uses per day.

I thought the caster level was wrong. To cast 2nd level spells you have to be 4th level. I'm getting different numbers than you get though.

Creation is CL X Spell level X 2000 for activation I get 24,000 for both spells.
(2x4x2000 and 1x4X2000= 16,000+8,000= 24,000).

However there are ways to limit this. Perhaps only a KMM can use the Skeleton Key. That drops the cost by 30% to 7,200. 3,600 gp to create, 288 XP and 7 days. In the hands of anyone else, it's a non-magical skeleton key and can only open mundanely locked doors.

Perhaps it can only be used once per day; that drops the price to 4,800 gp for the base price. 2,400 to create, 192 XP and 4 days.

I recommend dropping the price of the mop to reflect that it can only be used 3 times a day. That drops the base price to 67,226, which is more reasonable. It costs 33,613 gp to create, 2,689 XP and 67 days.

FYI, you use the base cost to determine xp and days to create not caster cost.

Debby

Bhu
2008-09-19, 06:13 AM
The Price doubles if the magic item doesnt take up a body slot. I need to look at those again too. Sometimes Im a little unconscious when doing the posts after work.

Bhu
2008-09-21, 07:42 AM
Added the level 9 ability for hte lil stabbity kobold

Cieyrin
2008-09-22, 12:54 PM
I'm scared of the Lil Stabbity Kobold with a scythe @_@

17-20/x6 is a scary thought, even with it only doing d6s. Throw some burst effects on that scythe (+5d10 energy 0_0;;) and there is going to be human guts everywhere. Plus sneak attack you already got and there's going to be one-hit kills in somebody's near future.

I'd almost want to continue a Stabbity Kobold into the Flick Reaper PRC: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58223. That'd be one scary judge, jury and execution, right there.

lord of kobolds
2008-09-22, 01:11 PM
I'm scared of the Lil Stabbity Kobold with a scythe @_@

17-20/x6 is a scary thought, even with it only doing d6s. Throw some burst effects on that scythe (+5d10 energy 0_0;;) and there is going to be human guts everywhere. Plus sneak attack you already got and there's going to be one-hit kills in somebody's near future.

I'd almost want to continue a Stabbity Kobold into the Flick Reaper PRC: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58223. That'd be one scary judge, jury and execution, right there.

15-20/x4 with a scimitar, rapier, or kukri:smalleek:

Bhu
2008-09-23, 05:44 AM
Hmm...shall I limit what weapons it can apply to (light weapons perhaps), or maybe make a different ability?

Debihuman
2008-09-23, 09:19 AM
Can you limit to weapons that do piercing damage or is that too weird? If so, then limit it so light weapons.

Debby

lord of kobolds
2008-09-23, 10:21 AM
I would advise limiting it to light weapons. While someone could still use it with a kukri or a light pick, this will not do astounding amounts of damage. It is certainly better than someone scoring large criticals with a lance or longspear.

Bhu
2008-09-24, 05:28 AM
Okay I fixed it to be able to work with any light melee weapon or the club (for kneecapping of course). Now I just need a capstone...

Bhu
2008-09-25, 05:17 AM
Okay for a capstone how does automatically adding sneak attack damage when attacking prone opponents sound?

Debihuman
2008-09-25, 09:17 AM
While it sounds like a great capstone ability (and one that rogues in particular would want) is there a feat or special ability that already does this? Just checking that first might be a good idea because I can't believe nobody has thought of this already.

Debby

Bhu
2008-09-27, 05:08 AM
I wasn't able to find it anywhere I looked so thats why I used it :D

lord of kobolds
2008-09-27, 02:50 PM
It definitely fits, and adds tremendous power against larger critters.

Bhu
2008-09-29, 04:19 AM
Well if there are no objections I'll be finishing it up now :smallbiggrin:

lord of kobolds
2008-09-29, 11:13 AM
Everything looks right to me!

What's up next?

Bhu
2008-09-30, 05:59 AM
Well aside form finishing up the last 2, I also had some ideas for Kobold Swarm Fighters, an "Iron" kobold....I havent done many religious PrC's either..

Debihuman
2008-09-30, 01:34 PM
Please, pretty please, finish the Kobold Maintaince Man Toolbox Items on page 4 before you start another prestige class. I am out of ideas for it.

Debby

lord of kobolds
2008-09-30, 01:45 PM
The swarm fighter idea intrigues me, but you should probly finish up the items first.

Bhu
2008-10-01, 04:35 AM
Hint taken :D

Will finish up both before pursuing new stuff.

Anyone know what Sir Shadows Kobold avatar is holding? Is that a dagger or a short sword (the PrC and example NPC are kinda inspired by it).

Bhu
2008-10-02, 05:49 AM
OK, the Lil Stabbity Kobold is finished up. Toolbox ahoy.

Cieyrin
2008-10-02, 12:00 PM
Just a minor nitpick but the example for "Aim for the Soft Bits" is wrong, as the dagger of a Rogue 6/Lil Stabbity Kobold 9 is x3, as 9/5=1.8, which rounds down to 1. Just thought I'd point it out, as it bugged my math senses a bit.

lord of kobolds
2008-10-02, 09:35 PM
Hint taken :D

Will finish up both before pursuing new stuff.

Anyone know what Sir Shadows Kobold avatar is holding? Is that a dagger or a short sword (the PrC and example NPC are kinda inspired by it).

That seems to be a tonberry from FF, not a kobold.

Bhu
2008-10-03, 04:59 AM
Fixed teh LSK.

Whats a tonberry exactly?

Cieyrin
2008-10-03, 04:40 PM
http://iclmweb.org/assets/galleries/6/tonberry_color.jpg

Tonberries are rare, small creatures from the Final Fantasy universe. They are slow but extremely deadly, often insta-killing characters after finally reaching them. You can find more about them here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonberry#Tonberry

Bhu
2008-10-04, 05:44 AM
Ah fish critters...

I'm going to look up costs for the items all at the same time. I know some of them have to be off. I'll post them when they're done.

Bhu
2008-10-05, 05:55 AM
Im gonna try revising some of the magic items to bring the cost down. Ill make new prereqs if I have too, some of these shouldnt be as expensive as they are for the effect they provide

Bhu
2008-10-06, 06:40 AM
Can anyone think of a lower level spell than Fabricate for the Magic Multi Tool? Thats waaaay to expensive for a rod that can become any tool.

DracoDei
2008-10-06, 01:32 PM
Well, the lower level spells that "feel" a bit like Fabricate, would seem to me to be Make Whole and Mending.

Bhu
2008-10-07, 06:59 AM
Mending's a lil to weak...where's Make Whole listed at?

DracoDei
2008-10-07, 04:12 PM
PHB: Cleric 2nd level
HERE (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/makeWhole.htm)

Bhu
2008-10-08, 03:42 AM
SUMMON TOOL
Conjuration
Level: Sor/Wiz 1
Range: 0 ft.
Effect: Unattended, non magical object of non living matter
Duration: 1 hour per level

You temporarily create one Masterwork tool of any kind, that can be held in the casters hands (i.e. no bigger than a sledgehammer or saw). If you attempt to use this tool as a spell component or break it, the spell ends. Focus is a 1' steel rod.

SO whaddya think?? Especially level wise?

DracoDei
2008-10-08, 05:44 AM
Compare duration to the Bard spell "Summon Instrument"... should be about the same level probably... since for many things it would take multiple castings to get a +2 bonus on a task...

Bhu
2008-10-09, 05:52 AM
Okay I altered it a lil. Whaddya think?

Bhu
2008-10-11, 05:23 AM
Okay, looking through the tool box I think the following are overpriced for what they do:

Daern’s Vending Machine: Given that its huge, difficult to move, and requires coins to use, no ones gonna pay 27000 GP for one of these. It needs a discount on the price of some kind.

Mop of Cleaning: Maybe I should limit the number of uses per day. Who’d pay 112000 GP for a mop that can clean any spill?

Skeleton Key: May have to limit it somehow too, as 21K seems expensive just to open any door…well maybe not. What do you guys think?

Daerns Mystic Measuring Tool seems a tad pricey as well…

Daern’s Instant Shack is twice as expensive as Daern’s Instant Fortress, and not as powerful. Obviously I hadda do something wrong here…

I either need to limit uses per day, use lower level spells, or have someone clearer headed check my math...

Bhu
2008-10-12, 07:58 AM
Some basic ideas for tools designed as wepaons. Thoughts?

Claw Hammer
1d6 small/1d8 medium bludgeoning or piercing
Critical 19-20, x3

Crowbar
1d6 Small/1d8 Medium bludgeoning
+2 to disarm attempts

Screwdriver
1d4 Small/1d6 medium Piercing
Critical 17-20

Large Shovel
2d4 Small/2d6 medium Bludgeoning or slashing
reach?

Small Wrench
1d6 Small/1d8 Large Bludgeoning
Critical 18-20

Big Wrench (2H)
2d4 Small/2d6 Medium Bludgeoning
Reach?

Bhu
2008-10-13, 06:56 AM
Thinking of making these Exotic weapons and giving the Maintenance Man proficiency with them. It would make sense after all.

Bhu
2008-10-14, 05:52 AM
Work will proceed a lil slow. I'm getting crushed because people are quitting, and no one's being hired to take the slack at work (and my online job just handed me a big project).

Bhu
2008-10-16, 06:06 AM
So no thoughts on the weapon tools? I kinda need to get them done before I do up the cost of some of the toolbox items.

lord of kobolds
2008-10-16, 07:06 AM
Sorry, been gone a few days.
Why does the wrench have such a large threat range? I can understand for the screwdriver, but not as much the wrench.
For the measuring thingy, I think just a homebrewed cantrip might work, since I can't think of any existing spells to do that...

Debihuman
2008-10-18, 10:33 AM
Some basic ideas for tools designed as wepaons. Thoughts?

Claw Hammer
1d6 small/1d8 medium bludgeoning or piercing
Critical 19-20, x3

Crowbar
1d6 Small/1d8 Medium bludgeoning
+2 to disarm attempts

Screwdriver
1d4 Small/1d6 medium Piercing
Critical 17-20

Large Shovel
2d4 Small/2d6 medium Bludgeoning or slashing
reach?

Small Wrench
1d6 Small/1d8 Large Bludgeoning
Critical 18-20

Big Wrench (2H)
2d4 Small/2d6 Medium Bludgeoning
Reach?

These look good, but you may want to compare them against D20 Modern because I think these may already exist. I'm away from my books (again) and it looks like I won't have access for several months.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/msrd

Shouldn't small wrench be 1d6 Small/1d8 Medium?

P.S. I think I noted some of these on page 4

Debby

Bhu
2008-10-20, 05:43 AM
You did

Man I must be getting old:smallannoyed: I

WIll revise and post shortly as soon as I get things fixed offline.

Bhu
2008-10-23, 04:34 AM
Divination
Components: V, S. Focus

For the duration of the spell you can measure any 1 object of any size within range. You can learn height, length, weight, volume, etc. Whatever measurement you require this spell will perform. Optionally you may learn the exact distance between any two points you can actually see. Focus is a measuring device of any sort.

Whaddya think?

Debihuman
2008-10-23, 09:33 AM
Divination

For the duration of the spell you can measure any 1 object of any size within range. You can learn height, length, weight, volume, etc. Whatever measurement you require this spell will perform. Optionally you may learn the exact distance between any two points you can actually see.

Whaddya think?

Ohh I like. I think it needs an arcane focus (or whatever it is called when material components aren't consumed by a spell) -- a measuring cup and 12-inch ruler.

Debby

lord of kobolds
2008-10-23, 12:08 PM
Oh god, bad thought..
L'il stabbity with a screwdriver:smalleek:
Or anyone with a keen screwdriver...
with one of the burst abilities:smalleek::smalleek::smalleek:

Tyrael
2008-10-24, 02:16 PM
Sorry, been gone a few days.
Why does the wrench have such a large threat range? I can understand for the screwdriver, but not as much the wrench.

Because they're freaking deadly (http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Wrench)

lord of kobolds
2008-10-24, 05:48 PM
Ohh I like. I think it needs an arcane focus (or whatever it is called when material components aren't consumed by a spell) -- a measuring cup and 12-inch ruler.

Debby

You had it right

Bhu
2008-10-25, 07:20 AM
Coins to Food
Transmutation
Components: V, S. M
Casting Time: 1 Minute
Duration: 24 hours

Material component is any coin of legal monetary value. Even though it says 1 Silver piece to feed you for a day you may use any combination of coins that amount to 1 SP, or even more expensive coins like gold (you do not get change back). You may sacrifice 4 copper pieces to get fed one meal. Or 1 silver piece to eat for a day. The coins convert to food and drink of whatever sort you wish, but it is only good for 24 hours (except for water, it doesn't spoil).

Debihuman
2008-10-26, 09:02 AM
Coins to Food

This is too much like the create food and water spell which is a 3rd level cleric spell. it should be a much higher level spell if nothing else. Transmuting coins to food would take much stronger magic than turning metal into organic matter. Transmute metal to wood is a 7th level druid spell. I could see perhaps transmuting wood to food as both would be organic matter as a 5th level wizard spell. Coins to food seems corny.

DebbyI

DracoDei
2008-10-26, 05:41 PM
Seems like it COULD be OK in a silly campaign, but I agree that the level should PROBABLY be higher, unless one also drops Create Food and Drink to that level.