PDA

View Full Version : Black King Bar

Kizara
2008-04-30, 06:56 PM
I will add fluff later, something involving a war versus a magocracy and a powerful clerical Duke.

Black King Bar

Upon activation, the wielder becomes immune to spells and spell-like abilities for 5 rounds, and also gains the benefit of freedom of movement during this time.

You still benefit from worn magical items, but not from friendly buffs or effects during this time. Such effects, positive or negative, continue dormantly until the 5 rounds expire (as per anti-magic field). The immunity is functionally similar to that possed by golems, although you are still vulnerable to supernatural abilities and effects.

This rod is usable twice per day, but no more then once per hour.

Black King Bar is not subject to being Suppressed by dispel magic effects, and its active effect also cannot be disspelled or supressed.

Cost: 130,000
Caster Level: 15th; Spells: Freedom of Movement, Anti-Magic Field.

Wolfprint
2008-04-30, 09:01 PM
Someone has been playing too much DotA :smallwink:

DracoDei
2008-04-30, 11:26 PM
What is DotA?

SilentNight
2008-05-01, 08:41 AM
What is DotA?

Yeah, what is it?

Anyway, for cost I'd definetly go to at least 130,000gp. That is quite powerful despite its short duration.

DracoDei
2008-05-01, 01:35 PM
I would also consider making the spell required Anti-magic field instead of Spell Immunity since, if I recall correctly, that is the spell required for the creation of most golems, and Spell Immunity gives total immunity to a specific short list of spells...

Kizara
2008-05-01, 08:11 PM
I would also consider making the spell required Anti-magic field instead of Spell Immunity since, if I recall correctly, that is the spell required for the creation of most golems, and Spell Immunity gives total immunity to a specific short list of spells...

Done.

As for DotA:

http://www.dota-allstars.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

And yes, it's inspired by DotA's BKB. :)

Stay tuned for MoM and Buriza. :) (I've been playing too much Sven lately)