PDA

View Full Version : Archer (PrC) Help would be appreciated

cthulutastesgoo
2008-05-01, 09:32 PM
PEACH without fluff or flavor. just crunch.
Archer

(post flavor please?)
Req.
Point Blank shot
Must never willingly fight in melee
must burn a handcrafted arrow to Artemis once a week
HD:d8
Skill points: 4+INT

level|BaB|reflex|fortitude|will|special
1 |1 |+2 |+0 |+2 | Ele. arrow
2 |2 |+3 |+1 |+3 | Bonus feat
3 |3 |+4 |+2 |+4 | Ele. arrow
4 |4 |+5 |+3 |+4 | Bottomless quiver
5 |5 |+6 |+4 |+4 | Volley
6 |6/1|+7 |+5 |+5 | Endless arrows
7 |7/2|+8 |+6 |+6 | Ele. arrow
8 |8/3|+9 |+7 |+7 | Bonus feat
9 |9/4|+10 |+8 | +8 | Ele.arrow
10 |10/5|+11|+9 |+9 |Hunter's eye
11 |11/6/1|+12|+10 |+10 |Ele.arrow
12 |12/7/2|+13|+11 |+11 |Black arrow

Ele. arrow (Su)
The hunter becomes able to infuse their arrow with an element
White: covered in ice 1D6 cold per level
gray: fog moves with your arrow at the same speed as it
Obscuring mist centered on the arrow
red: blazing with fire 1D6 fire per level
yellow: crackling with a charge 1D6 electric per level
Blue: waves appear out of nowhere and hit your opponent knocking them over. (Prone for 1D4 rounds)

Bottomless quiver (Su)
No limit to arrow storage

Volley (Su)
As you draw back your arrow 4 others appear ghostly at first, then becoming solid
Make 5 attack rolls instead of just 1 (at maximum BaB) roll the number of damages for the number that hit.

Endless arrows
Unlimited non-enchanted Masterwork arrows made of Oak and ebony (1D8 damage)

Hunter's eye
Your eyes, having been trained for the slightest movement can catch almost anything.
+2 on appropriate checks (spot, sense motive Etc.)

Black arrow (Su)
1/day
Roll percentals, 50% chance of killing subject on striking
Variant :1 critical causes instant death if confirmed.

Bonus feats:
Anything requiring Point blank shot or others at DM's discretion.
(First Class ^_^)

MammonAzrael
2008-05-02, 01:42 PM
There's an Archer class in my sig if you want to check that out. It's currently being used in the Goblins! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78787) game. After the game I'll try to polish it up some more.

Stycotl
2008-05-06, 03:21 PM
i hate to see people's stuff go uncritiqued.

you have some decent ideas. but you need to flesh them out more. first of all, you need flavor text. i realize that you seem to be asking for help with the flavor, but you need to at least give us a direction. right now, all we have is archer. that shoots elementalish arrows. period. give us the picture you had in your head when you created it. a class should be built around flavor, with mechanics to back it up, not built around mechanics with flavor to back it up.

next, formatting. make it look good. go to the homebrewers' guide that is stickied to the top of the forum. follow some of those concepts. included in that would be appearance: dress it up. make it neat. but it would also include text. you kind of have to get familiar with technical writing. make the mechanical text complete and descriptive, so there are no loose ends. tell us whether unlimited arrows is a conuration effect or something else, if it is Su or Sp, or anything else.

next, one of the problems with archer builds is their lack of power and versatility. as of now, this class does not address those issues, though i certainly have a less-than-perfect perspective. think about what the class should be able to do, in relation to what other classes of similar level and requirement can do.

good luck. aaron out.

Frosty
2008-05-06, 05:11 PM
Your saving throws seem a bit high. +13 reflex over 12 levels?

Pie Guy
2008-05-06, 07:36 PM
The death arrow is a nice edition, since seemingly it is the kind of ability an elemental archer would have, 50% chance of death? I'd say 25%.

And you list ele. arrow multiple times. Do we load all levels into one ability for the most damage, or is it one ability per time ele. arrow is listed?