PDA

View Full Version : Must Have DR!

MrGoodCat
2008-05-02, 05:46 PM
I am starting a game soon where I am playing a warforged. I need to find a way to get the highest DR /adimantine possible without using class levels. I have 4 feats available. Items work too but I would like as many feats as possible. I ask you to please help me out.

Kurald Galain
2008-05-02, 06:22 PM
Does it have to be adamantine? Because the fae bloodline and demonic bloodline give decent DR, but not based on that particular material.

Da King
2008-05-02, 06:27 PM
Ironward armor augment crystals give stackable DR, however, they only prevent up to a certain amount of damage a day, (get more than one?) the greatest gives DR 5/- and absorbs up to 50 points of damage.

SCPRedMage
2008-05-02, 07:30 PM
Does it have to be adamantine? Because the fae bloodline and demonic bloodline give decent DR, but not based on that particular material.
"Bloodlines" always make me chuckle when used with Warforged... Considering that, you know, warforged are created, not born. Maybe some a "Feycrafted"/"Fiendcrafted" variant...

sonofzeal
2008-05-02, 08:13 PM
Mineral Warrior gives DR 8/adamantine for LA+1, but is horribly cheesy and I really don't recommend it.

Roll With It, from Savage CheesesSpecies, might be a slightly better option. You need Con 20 and Toughness, but it gives a stackable DR 2/- (so DR 6/- for you unless you have Toughness already in which case it's DR 8/-). It's not as broken as you'd think, mostly because D&D tends to overvalue DR and the actual benefit isn't all that overwhelming. Still, it's a really solid feat and probably worth it for you.

UserClone
2008-05-02, 08:25 PM
That makes me giggle. Only those with 5 or more bonus HP per level, and therefore don't really need it as much, can get DR 2/-? What a bag of crap.

Jack Mann
2008-05-02, 08:34 PM
"Bloodlines" always make me chuckle when used with Warforged... Considering that, you know, warforged are created, not born. Maybe some a "Feycrafted"/"Fiendcrafted" variant...

Rules-wise, no variation is needed. One of the weird things about warforged. You can even have a half-dragon warforged. It's just the flavor that needs to be sorted out. Fey wood or rock from the abyss incorporated into the design, perhaps.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-05-02, 08:38 PM
Rules-wise, no variation is needed. One of the weird things about warforged. You can even have a half-dragon warforged. It's just the flavor that needs to be sorted out. Fey wood or rock from the abyss incorporated into the design, perhaps.Or it was custom-built for a demon or fey, who used their magic to aid the construction, improving it.

sonofzeal
2008-05-02, 08:40 PM
That makes me giggle. Only those with 5 or more bonus HP per level, and therefore don't really need it as much, can get DR 2/-? What a bag of crap.
Can get an endlessly stackable DR 2/-. With any good supply of feats (and there's a few nice ones out there), you can get better DR that way than any other. The Generic Classes from UA are especially good with that, and a dedicated person can get up to DR 38/- at lvl20. Whether or not DR is ever worth it is a valid question, but if that's what you want then Roll With It is the way to get it.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-05-02, 08:40 PM
One must remember that DR doesn't stack...

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-05-02, 08:42 PM
One must remember that DR doesn't stack...This one says it does. And stacks with other stuff, IIRC.

sonofzeal
2008-05-02, 08:43 PM
One must remember that DR doesn't stack...
Unless it specifically states that it does (like Roll With It).

Here (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=996334)is my origional thread on the subject. A little disorganized, but pretty fun.

SCPRedMage
2008-05-03, 02:20 PM
Or it was custom-built for a demon or fey, who used their magic to aid the construction, improving it.
Which is exactly what I was getting at...

The "variant" doesn't need to apply to the rules; the rules are fine. The FLUFF needs to be changed, because the Bloodline fluff doesn't exactly mesh with the Warforged fluff.

MorkaisChosen
2008-05-03, 02:25 PM
OK, well the obvious one is Adamantine Body (Full Plate and DR2/Adamantine) followed by Improved DR 3 times (taks it up to DR5/Adamantine).

Draz74
2008-05-03, 02:31 PM
Can get an endlessly stackable DR 2/-. With any good supply of feats (and there's a few nice ones out there), you can get better DR that way than any other. The Generic Classes from UA are especially good with that, and a dedicated person can get up to DR 38/- at lvl20. Whether or not DR is ever worth it is a valid question, but if that's what you want then Roll With It is the way to get it.

Or pair it up with Embrace/Shun cheese. That could be fun. I'm sure you can get a lot more than 38 DR that way.

The_Snark
2008-05-03, 06:43 PM
As long as you're using Savage Species, Adamantine Body followed by 3 Thick-Skinned feats will give you DR 8/adamantine. Best you're going to get with your stipulations, I think.