PDA

View Full Version : The Match To Make My Sister Cry

F.H. Zebedee
2008-05-04, 03:26 PM
(Sorry about posting another vs. thread, though I've been planning this one for a while and just got around to posting it)

Okay, one of my favorite ways of annoying my little sister a few years ago was to propose a match involving a buttload of her favorite characters. With that said, who would triumph in a match of:
-Sagara Sanosuke (Rurouni Kenshin, end of the series)
-Batman (Justice League Unlimited, no preperation)
-Jin (Samurai Champloo, before the final battle)
-Edward Elric (FMA, towards the end of the series)
-Black Widow (Marvel Comics, standard equipment with no guns)
-Gert and Old Lace (The Runaways, towards the end of the first volume)
-Harley Quinn (Batman: TAS, towards the end)

The battle takes place in a gloomy pine forest about a square mile in area. It has some shadows, but we'll assume the lighting is pretty much constant. All characters were "Poofed" from their daily routine, so no special preperations at all. The match is to the first to kill/incapacitate all others, no time limit or outside help.

(Removed two imba characters and added two I forgot)

Rogue 7
2008-05-04, 04:46 PM
Speaking as one who doesn't know much about the comic characters outside of Batman (and that's fairly limited), I'd give this one to Ed. First off, the fact that everyone there seems to be taller than him would set him off into something resembling a homicidal rage, but mostly that he's got alchemy- as a result, he can alter the battlefield to his advantage the easiest, and he's no slouch in close combat either. Alchemy is too much of an edge.

But a question- how's Sano's hand? Is it in decent enough condition to use the Futae...Fu...Mastery of Two Layers more than once without exploding? Because if he can use that, one punch and most of them go down, I think. That could give Sano a chance.

Dode
2008-05-04, 04:49 PM
Batman activates his contingency for the occasion that he has no preptime and sequesters himself to a safe zone where he then starts learning about his enemies and then starts using preptime. From there it's just a matter of time.

EvilElitest
2008-05-04, 04:50 PM
Ed by fair. Apart from having a hand gun, which always helps (and if this is the anime, he is willing to kill) he also has alchemy and decustruction, which is amazing

But you have too many people here, it is too vauge a vs. thread
from
EE

Dode
2008-05-04, 04:55 PM
yeah batman's never fought a guy with a gun, right?

EvilElitest
2008-05-04, 04:59 PM
yeah batman's never fought a guy with a gun, right?

One with alchemy? No. Also bat man has to deal will all of those other targets

from
EE

GoC
2008-05-04, 07:30 PM
Batman pulls out his anti-alchemy spray.:smallbiggrin:
Seriously, people said Batman would beat Iron Man and Spiderman! Ed isn't as good as Iron Man right?

hylian chozo
2008-05-04, 08:09 PM
Batman pulls out his anti-alchemy spray.:smallbiggrin:
Seriously, people said Batman would beat Iron Man and Spiderman! Ed isn't as good as Iron Man right?

Ed rips off Iron Man's mask and then transmutes his suit into something unpleasant. I say Ed wins.

Edit: Though I wouldn't put it past Batman to learn to use alchemy in under 5 seconds.

Rogue 7
2008-05-04, 08:12 PM
He has to have seen the gate to be able to do it without a circle, and I doubt he'd have time to look up and draw one before Ed shanks him with the spike he makes from his metal arm.

ZeroNumerous
2008-05-04, 08:21 PM
He has to have seen the gate to be able to do it without a circle, and I doubt he'd have time to look up and draw one before Ed shanks him with the spike he makes from his metal arm.

Or he could rip off Roy's method. Or Armstrong's method. Or that chick before she gets possessed by the "Immortal-Evil-Manipulator" stereotype.

To the OP: None of the normal humans matter for this, so we wipe out Black Widow, Jin, Harle Quinn, and Gert. This kills off Old Lace, as she can't survive without Gert.

Batman, being the genius that he is, just stands back and lets everyone else fight it out while learning alchemy in the twenty seconds it takes Edward to finally pin down Sano after he punches through all of Ed's alchemical creations.

Batman then uses alchemy to turn Ed's arm into arsenic, killing Ed instantly.

End Result: Batman wins.

Dode
2008-05-04, 08:50 PM
Ed rips off Iron Man's mask and then transmutes his suit into something unpleasant. I say Ed wins. Nah, what would happen is Iron Man would fly about 1000 feet above the battlefield while bullets bounce off his suit, then use a computer-assisted repulsor ray to blast his brains out (Iron Man having superhuman reflex and interface abilities). Or just fly into him at mach 6 before Ed's brain can think "holy s%!t whats that?". Ed just aint in his power league.

BRC
2008-05-04, 09:04 PM
(I know only a little about some of these characters)
Guys, It's simple.

Batman, having read THIS VERY THREAD, already knows what to do.
1st: He uses his companies lawyers to find a way around the No Preptime clause of the OP.
2nd: He shoots Jin and Sagara, neither of whom have much experience fighting against guns. He ignore's Old Lace, but having done his homework knows about the empethetic link, so he shoot's Gert who, for these purposes, is just a snarky teenager, the pain goes through the link and takes Old Lace out of the fight.
Ed would be a tricky one, However, you must remember that Alchemy, being powered by deaths in our world, dosn't work here. But, let's say it does. Ed is primarily a meele type, Batman stabs him with somthing that short-circut's his arm.
I don't know about Black Widow, but Batman handles them by manipulating the media to declare that his/her name has racist subtext, causing Marvel to discontinue the comic.

Rogue 7
2008-05-04, 09:17 PM
Or he could rip off Roy's method. Or Armstrong's method. Or that chick before she gets possessed by the "Immortal-Evil-Manipulator" stereotype.

To the OP: None of the normal humans matter for this, so we wipe out Black Widow, Jin, Harle Quinn, and Gert. This kills off Old Lace, as she can't survive without Gert.

Batman, being the genius that he is, just stands back and lets everyone else fight it out while learning alchemy in the twenty seconds it takes Edward to finally pin down Sano after he punches through all of Ed's alchemical creations.

Batman then uses alchemy to turn Ed's arm into arsenic, killing Ed instantly.

End Result: Batman wins.

Nope, don't think so. Arsenic is an element. You can't really transmute things between elements- he could only transmute Ed's arm into some form of iron. This is applied consistently throughout the show.

Also, how exactly does batman know, from fighting Ed, how alchemy works, how to make a transmutation circle (that Ed doesn't use), and make one for himself, all in the time it takes for Ed to take out Sanosuke?

hylian chozo
2008-05-04, 09:45 PM
Also, how exactly does batman know, from fighting Ed, how alchemy works, how to make a transmutation circle (that Ed doesn't use), and make one for himself, all in the time it takes for Ed to take out Sanosuke?

'Cause he's the ***damn Batman.

I don't think Ed's arm or leg is electronic. I don't know how auto mail works, but it doesn't seem to have anything that could be short circuited. Also, Ed may fly into a rage just hearing the word "short".

Rogue 7
2008-05-04, 10:09 PM
:smallannoyed: Give me a break. If you're joking, forgive me (I'm tired of people taking Batman to be that good is all), but if not, no...just no. There's no way Batman, with no prior experience, could see Ed clapping his hands together and producing a sword from the ground/making a pit underneath Sano/whatever he chooses to do, and instantly comprehend how to harness this energy, draw the necessary transmutation circle, and use it to beat a seasoned Alchemist. He might have a bit of a chance with his gadgets, but trying to beat Ed at his own game is foolhardy.

GrassyGnoll
2008-05-04, 10:15 PM
Harley Quinn wins. Nobody sees it coming, but by god she pulls through.

EvilElitest
2008-05-04, 10:21 PM
:smallannoyed: Give me a break. If you're joking, forgive me (I'm tired of people taking Batman to be that good is all), but if not, no...just no. There's no way Batman, with no prior experience, could see Ed clapping his hands together and producing a sword from the ground/making a pit underneath Sano/whatever he chooses to do, and instantly comprehend how to harness this energy, draw the necessary transmutation circle, and use it to beat a seasoned Alchemist. He might have a bit of a chance with his gadgets, but trying to beat Ed at his own game is foolhardy.

I second this. Bat man is cool, but logically i think this goes to ed. Also Batman would most likely fight the other villains
from
EE

hylian chozo
2008-05-05, 07:52 PM

Sorry, I probably should have included a link (http://www.superdickery.com/oneshot/45.html). It was a joke. :smallfrown:

Selrahc
2008-05-06, 02:53 AM
I second this. Bat man is cool, but logically i think this goes to ed. Also Batman would most likely fight the other villains

What villains?I don't think you could claim that Batman is a villain(Which I assume you meant to imply with the word other), and the only villain among the rest of them is Harley Quinn.

Outside of prep, Black Widow is a match for for Batman. Albeit, she would lose, but she would give him a damn good fight. Jin would be a similar physical powerhouse. Old Lace, Ed and Harley are not up to snuff in pysical combat.

If Ed starts using alchemy, his priority as a target will skyrocket. And since Batman, Jin or Black Widow could all take him down in one strike, he would need to get very lucky to be ab le to shut down all three of them.

From there its unknown. Its likely Ed would mess up somebody. And from there the circumstances of the fight would be different.

poleboy
2008-05-06, 04:50 AM
logically

This thread is doomed.

Blue Paladin
2008-05-06, 02:54 PM
POOF! (x6)

Edward: (coughs as smoke clears) What just happened?

Jin: <What happened?>

Sanosuke: <What the hell just happened?>

Jin: (draws his sword) <You. Is this your doing, villain?>

Sanosuke: (spins around) <The hell are you talking about? Who's a villain?>

Jin: <I would think that was obvious from your shirt.>

Black Widow: (watching everyone else from the shadows, probably on a tree branch, having escaped notice in the initial swirling smoke) {Damn. Given the abrupt location change and the lack of visible technology, that means magic.}

Batman: (similarly in another shadowed tree) {... and I hate magic.}

Gert: Well. That was different. (Old Lace catches wind of the others and steps between them and Gert)

Sanosuke: <What the hell is that!>

Jin: <A dragon?>

Edward: (shaking fist) Don't ignore me! What are you all looking at?

Harley: Probably the big scary lizard behind you, squirt.

Edward: WHO ARE YOU CALLING A SQUIRT, YOU-- Behind me?

Sanosuke: <I dunno what's going on, but like hell I'm getting eaten by a lizard!> (rushes in, punching Old Lace in the side; simultaneously Jin runs alongside, swinging his sword past Edward in an attack to Old Lace's flank; Edward rolls out of the way)

Gert: No! Don't-- (staggers backwards in sympathetic pain) Great. Just great.

(Old Lace crumples to the ground, as Black Widow swings down on her widow line to snatch Gert away from the melee)

Black Widow: Let's get you out of harm's way, shall we?

Batman: (narrows eyes as he puts away his own batgrapple) hmm. She's good.

Edward: (who missed the whole dinosaur thing, and thinks Jin just tried to sneak attack him. He claps hands and draws a spear out of the ground) That's the oldest trick in the book! If you think I can't myself in combat, you're in for a big surprise!

Sanosuke: <hu. Not bad, four-eyes. But I know a few swordsmen who could teach you a thing or two.>

Jin: <Oh really.> (looks over to Sanosuke) <Hmm. You don't seem to be that bad a pers--> (parries incoming spear, the force of the blow pushing him back) <What's this?>

Edward: (runs in, steps up on Sanosuke's leg then shoulder, leaping up and over to Jin's other side) Gotcha now! (begins a blurringly fast stabbing combination)

Jin: (continues to effortlessly parry Edward's attacks) <And who exactly are you?>

Harley: (smashes oversized hammer into the back of Jin's head) Heya cupcake! Ya don't mind if I cut in, do ya?

Sanosuke: (recovering his balance from having just been stepped on) <Hey chibi! You got a lot of nerve!>

Edward: (face darkens, leaving only two exaggerated lights for eyes) "Chibi"? You called me short, didn't you! (charges Sanosuke) I'M! NOT!!

Sanosuke: <Shut up.> (catches spear and breaks it in one hand, punching Edward with the other, sending him flying far far away)

Harley: Aw, don't be like that big guy! I like the little squirt. He's got a lotta crazy potential! (randomly decides to attack Sanosuke, who dodges each swing. Suddenly, Batman lands on top of Harley, who disappears under the black cape. When he moves away a few seconds later, she is tied hand and foot.) Aw, Big B. Whydja have to go and do that? I was only funnin.

Batman: Quiet Harley. I'm trying to get us out of this mess. (turns to Sanosuke) <My apologies. This woman is not entirely sane.>

Sanosuke: (raises eyebrow) <Yeah, Mr. Black Cape, you're a real authority on that.>

Batman: (turns to the shadowy trees) <<Ms. Romanoff. If you please.>>

Black Widow: <<How do you know that name?>>

Batman: <<I've done some research on the Red Room. And I believe you were attached to the Avengers group during the Grandmaster/Krona incident.>>

Black Widow: <<Tony's right. You do know too much for your own good.>> In any case Batman, this civilian has fallen unconscious. No wounds that I can see, though.

Batman: Bring her down then. I may have a better medical field kit than you do.

Black Widow: (brings Gert down from the trees) Of that I have no doubt.

Batman: Put her down ov... (a gunshot rings out. No sound, as slow-motion camera spins around bullet, ending on POV shot heading towards Batman. Black wipe up from bottom of screen)

Sanosuke: (sound resumes) ORAA!! (ground explodes upwards from Sanosuke's Futae no Kiwami, intercepting the bullet)

Edward: (off-screen) You have got to be kidding!

Sanosuke: <I hate that sound. Such a cowardly weapon...>

Batman: <On that we can agree. Thank you.> Widow, did you catch the incoming angle on the shot?

Black Widow: Nyet. Not the exact angle. (covering the suspected zone of fire with her Widow Sting) But I think... I hear something...

Batman: (stops to listen) Damn. He's casting another spell. Who knows what he's going to pull nex... Down! (Batman drops to the ground, and Black Widow also does an instant later. Sanosuke isn't fluent in English, so he's a bit slower to react.)

Sanosuke: <So fast..!> (He tries another Futae no Kiwami wall but the first bullet manages to pass the line of exploding earth as it reaches upwards. Sano takes the bullet in an appropriate good guy spot and goes down)

Batman: Damn. I could have really used the extra help. We'll have to do it ourselves. Widow, cover me. I'll make an opportunity for you. (Batman uses his grapple to fly up, as machine gun fire riddles the area. Black Widow fires her sting, almost blindly)

Edward: What the hell are you! Demon! (Edward sweeps his machine gun up towards the swooping Bat)

Batman: {That's a SIG Bergmann 1920. That magazine should only hold 20 rounds. How can he keep up this rate of fire?} (Batman takes several rounds to the chest and crashes to the ground)

Edward: Got you! Argh! (Black Widow's sting shatters the machine gun, and several more stings lodge in Edward's arm)

Black Widow: And I have you, wizard. Now when you wake up, you're going to undo whatever spell you used to bring us here.

Edward: I have no idea (claps hands together; the torn fabric of his sleeve blows away to reveal Edward's auto-mail arm) what you're talking about! (Edward's arm reconfigures into a pistol again, which he holds up to Black Widow's surprised face)

Black Widow: How..? (A batarang embeds itself into the gun barrel and explodes, the force knocking both Black Widow and Edward to the ground.)

Batman: No guns. (steps on Edward's left wrist, preventing him from moving) And no more magic either. You need to clap your hands together for that, and I'm not going to let you. (Edward squirms under the boot and Batman turns his head) Widow, are you alright? (no response)

Edward: You're wrong about one thing...

Batman: (turns back to Edward) What..?

Edward: I don't need to clap. (camera pans to Edward's left hand, which has completed drawing a transmutation circle. A column of earth grows suddenly upwards from the circle, striking Batman neatly on the chin, dropping him)

Harley: Ha!

Edward: Now, to figure out just what is going on-- (Edward is struck on the back of his head; camera pans up to reveal a heavily breathing Gert, holding one half of Edward's broken spear like a baseball bat)

Gert: Seriously. What the hell is hap

POOF! (x6)

THE END

Winner: Gert!

hylian chozo
2008-05-06, 03:31 PM
Win. Filler text

Azerian Kelimon
2008-05-06, 04:00 PM
Yeah. Good one.

But, yanno...I have the feeling anyone who stops to think things up here loses. En shorte, the heroes and villains are on the same ground as us. Because of this, I think this falls down on who's the fastest thinking and who is best at improvising.

So, any idea on that? I believe Black widow will be eliminated quickly as soon as one of the more martial heroes focuses on her, Edward will go down by sheer mass of numbers, and I leave it up to eveyone else for the others. Ideas?

Anteros
2008-05-06, 08:42 PM
EE you always bring up "Well Ed has a gun!" It's true, but to date I don't remember him ever using it against anyone. As I recall, the only time he has shot it is to test the distance when he was swallowed. As such, it's a bit silly to assume he is going to use his gun.

Rutee
2008-05-06, 09:03 PM
Ed's gun is likely not that useful. The only people with significant screentime ever bother with guns are faceless mooks, and that one guy, Archer (And that was after having a huge gun implanted into his arm, and another in his mouth). Alchemists have a pretty trivial time beating them (Izumi used /floor tiles/ in the base to create an effective shield). If I were the "OMG REALISM" type, I'd go ahead and just say it; Their guns must suck. But I'm willing to say the Rule of Cool factors into Alchemist methods of beating firearms somewhat. Either way..

Kenshin named folks typically outperform 'standard' gun users. Granted, those aren't automatics, but what, tanegashima rifles? Jin does it too (Or well, Mugen does and Jin is evenly matched with him), except they also fight someone using gatling guns. Having a gun is no more an instant win against these folks then it is against, well, Batman.

Infinity_Biscuit
2008-05-06, 09:22 PM
Ed's gun is likely not that useful. The only people with significant screentime ever bother with guns are faceless mooks, and that one guy, Archer (And that was after having a huge gun implanted into his arm, and another in his mouth).
Also Riza. But yeah, no one can ever do anything with a gun in this series, except make trick shots to potty-train puppies.

Ed's powers aren't very consistent. If you go with the upper end, he could convert a very large chunk of this forest into a spikey bunker to protect himself and stab the other contestents, or turn most of it into a sinkhole (seriously, the ending to The Other Brothers Elric is crazy).

EvilElitest
2008-05-06, 10:23 PM
EE you always bring up "Well Ed has a gun!" It's true, but to date I don't remember him ever using it against anyone. As I recall, the only time he has shot it is to test the distance when he was swallowed. As such, it's a bit silly to assume he is going to use his gun.

In the anime he is willing to kill and has a gun, so i tend to use that

In the manga he has a better gun, but never actually uses it

He alchemy is also freaking crazy
from
EE

Rogue 7
2008-05-06, 10:38 PM
I don't recall Ed ever using a gun in the Anime (though it's been a while), and Manga Hawkeye is quite skilled with a rifle, particularly if you read the bit about the Ishbal rebellion.

Anteros
2008-05-07, 05:03 AM
In the anime he is willing to kill and has a gun, so i tend to use that

In the manga he has a better gun, but never actually uses it

He alchemy is also freaking crazy
from
EE

My point is not that ed does not have a gun, but they he isn't willing to use it against people. Whatever his reasoning is, he just doesn't use it. So we can't really assume he would use his gun within these threads.

GoC
2008-05-07, 08:36 AM
Ed would be a tricky one, However, you must remember that Alchemy, being powered by deaths in our world, dosn't work here. But, let's say it does. Ed is primarily a meele type, Batman stabs him with somthing that short-circut's his arm.
I don't know about Black Widow, but Batman handles them by manipulating the media to declare that his/her name has racist subtext, causing Marvel to discontinue the comic.
Why wouldn't Batman just shoot Ed?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-05-07, 08:47 AM
Batman doesn't shoot. It's his one unbreakable code, like Supes doesn't kill (Humans and sapient living beings, cyborgs are another story). If Batman shoots, he's not Batman.

Jokerz
2008-05-07, 08:57 AM
Hmmm... this is a toughie... Well, Personally, I think that it would be a four-way between ed, batman, iron man, and Sano. Ed would transmute everyone into their base elements. He wins.

EvilElitest
2008-05-07, 10:44 AM
I don't recall Ed ever using a gun in the Anime (though it's been a while), and Manga Hawkeye is quite skilled with a rifle, particularly if you read the bit about the Ishbal rebellion.

Hawkeye is amazing in both

in the anime he uses a gun in the movie and shoots Envy

He also turns his hand into a freaking machine gun and blasts sloth

My point is not that ed does not have a gun, but they he isn't willing to use it against people. Whatever his reasoning is, he just doesn't use it. So we can't really assume he would use his gun within these threads.
He has a revolver in the anime, and he can use it. He also is willing to kill in the anime unlike the manga

Goc, ed is pretty good against guns actually
from
EE

F.H. Zebedee
2008-05-08, 02:47 AM
Eh, Ed uses guns here and there in the anime, though he prefers lance/wristblade combat rather directly when it won't hamper him (e.g. attacking Sloth in melee is suicidal, and he knew it). He's slightly willing to kill, moreso than Gert and Bats, I'd say, and about even with Widow and Sano. Naturally, Harley and Jin wouldn't blink twice about killing somebody.

Blue Paladin, that was epic. Incredibly on character pretty much the whole time, and quite a few nice little chuckle moments. Nice call on Jin reading the symbol on Sano's back, too. With that in mind, Sano might end up being targetted by Bats earlier than I expected, unless the initial clash gives everybody time to get situated.

Hmmm... I think that the two front runners suffer from too much variability, no? Sometimes, Ed can do absolutely MASSIVE feats, but other times, he opts for much smaller operations (maybe due to having his attention divided by combat?)

Right now, I'm seeing the most likely ranking as (Moving anybody up or down a few spots)
-Harley: First out, almost certainly. Might outlast Gert, Jin, or Sano, but won't make it to the end. She's a clear target for a big opponent.
-Gert 'n' Old Lace: Empathic link screws them over bigtime. It basically means that either one getting popped on the head makes for a loss. Still, smart enough that if they stay out of dodge, they could outlast Jin.
-Jin: Incredibly skilled. But no range and a lack of superhuman ability means that he's stuck being fodder for the top four, though he'll make a showing.
-Black Widow: Could be before, or after Sanosuke. She's tough, but nothing that the three top runners can't handle.
-Sanosuke: The most dangerous in a straight fight, he does suffer from a tendency to draw fire to himself (Aku, his knack for taunting short people *AHEM*, and his outright aggressive style. That's provocation factors for like everybody but Gert and Harley.)
-Batman: The way I see it, he'll lose this time from all of the different tricks Ed can do. Batman may be badass and well prepared, but Ed's automail, alchemy, and various tricks should give him the edge in the end.
-Ed: Versatile. Though not as stealthy as some, he has probably the best defensive game. Only situation I could see him losing? Going after Sano first thing, since Sano would shred him.

Most Likely To Diplomacy Their Way Out of Fighting? Gert.
Most Likely To Diplomacy Their Way Into Abuse? Sanosuke. So naturally, either of these two have a much higher variability on where they'd come in.

Of course, in a rematch, Batman beats Ed effortlessly, since Ed won't have all his surprises. (Something along the lines of two batarangs to sever the crucial wires in his automail, then a knockout gas pellet. Ed'd be out before he saw his opponent.) First time, though? That's Ed's game, the nasty little box of surprises he is. (Almost like an infomercial "But wait, there's MORE.")

GoC
2008-05-08, 07:58 AM
Goc, ed is pretty good against guns actually
from
EE
Umm...
How can you be good against guns?:smallconfused:

Also: Mightn't Batman just use knockout gas on everyone?

hylian chozo
2008-05-08, 03:30 PM
Umm...

He's good at dodging/blocking bullets.

Tirian
2008-05-08, 03:59 PM
Batman has beaten Guy Gardner on several occasions with no preparation, just laying him out in a single punch. I'll admit that I don't know much about alchemy, but it's hard to imagine that it is stronger than a Green Lantern's power ring.

Batman beats Ed who beats Iron Man who beats Batman. It's Rock Scissors Paper, the winner depends on which battle happens first. I think that Harley is capable of sucker punching either Ed or Batman if they are the last to stand of those three.

Selrahc
2008-05-08, 04:37 PM

Well if its an open area it would be pretty dispersed, and of less effect. The only one I cou;d see being caught is Gert. Which might actually turn into an advantage for Old Lace! The Raptor is a badass fighter, and if Gert is disabled painlessly, the empathic link won't kick in(And yes, Old Lace has been operative while Gert has been knocked out.)

Batman beats Ed who beats Iron Man who beats Batman.

Wouldn't Ed need to touch Iron Man to beat him? That could be a bit tricky.

Infinity_Biscuit
2008-05-08, 10:25 PM
Since the second time Ed ever uses his super-alchemy, he instinctively turns a wooden skyscraper into a giant balloon, I'd say he's perfectly capable of turning a large chunk of the forest and earth into a super bunker to hold off enemies until they deplete themselves. Unfortunately, as was pointed out earlier, he prefers to fight with his arm, using alchemy for tricks, not the main portion of fighting. Also, from what I've seen (the first two-thirds of the anime, bits of the end), he's too aggressive and rash to do something like this, especially if anyone, anywhere on the battlefield mentions the word "short" or any of its synonyms.

Mando Knight
2008-05-08, 10:47 PM
Well, since Iron Man isn't in this fight, I'd say Bats, hands down. He hides until he can accurately measure the opponent's power and tactics, then uses Batarangs, knockout gas, and the Martial Art of the Batman to eliminate remaining opponents. Why? Maybe you haven't heard, but he's the Batman. The only opponent he can't beat is Doctor Doom. (http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=031018) Even then, his defeat is only based on a massive Xanatos Gambit (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/XanatosGambit)...

F.H. Zebedee
2008-05-09, 02:55 AM
Just pointing out a minor fact: Jin, Black Widow, and Sano all have some experience with ninja enemies, meaning they most likely won't fall for knockout gas or smoke screens (eh, maybe Sano would rush into the knockout gas. He's a dolt like that). Ed? Maybe, mebbe not. He knows how to work around dangerous chemicals, so he might decide to avoid it (though he's fallen for it before). Harley's immune. So gas probably would take out 1-2 combatants pretty quick, possibly including one of the big three. (Granted, we don't know what knockout gas he'd use, or its effects on dinosaurs or superhuman brawlers like Sano.)

Nice point on the fact that Old Lace/Gert only experience shock/direct pain. A little tap on Gert's head/knockout gas wouldn't take Old Lace out, and vice-a-versa, though it's more likely to take a serious blow to take out the lizard. That could be a push factor for her to edge out Jin.

GoC
2008-05-09, 07:45 AM
He's good at dodging/blocking bullets.
Umm...
If he can dodge bullets I don't think anyone can hit him and if he can block bullets noone could hurt him even if they could hit him (unless you're talking about 4mm bullets or something).

Piedmon_Sama
2008-05-09, 02:31 PM
My friend and I have talked about a match between the Elric brothers and Jin and Mugen of Samurai Champloo before. If it's set in the first half (or maybe two thirds, been a while) of the FMA anime, then the Elrics would lose. They're kids, they're not killers and they wouldn't start out cranked up to 11 the way Jin and Mugen do. While the Elrics stay less violent in the manga, Alchemy is much more powerful in the original story of FMA. I'll assume the original poster is talking about the anime, however.

Basically, matches this big are impossible to predict. Anything could happen. Ed could be focusing on Batman and get backstabbed by Black Widow. Does Jin use his kamikaze move on Sanosuke, or Ed?

I would give odds, ultimately, on Batman and Black Widow being the ultimate survivors. They'd both hide out while the powerhouses slug at each other, and snipe the last one standing. Natasha is good, but not as good as Wayne because, honestly, DC's characters are just bigger and more epic in their portrayal than Marvel's.

But still, a free-for-all this big has no predictable result.

EDIT: I should qualify that my opinion's worth even less since I don't know anything about the Runaway characters.

EvilElitest
2008-05-09, 05:11 PM
Umm...

He douges bullets Abbey. Don't ask. Well actually he normally uses shields and super alchemy

But i agree with the last poster, this match is too big
from
EE