PDA

View Full Version : Getting new Domains

UMDPenguin
2008-05-06, 11:35 AM
Is there by any chance a feat that lets you pick a new domain?

Thanks

Project_Mayhem
2008-05-06, 11:45 AM
Don't think so.

There's a feat that lets you toggle around which spells are your domain though - However they have to relate to the subject. It's called Customise Domain, and it was in Dragon Magazine

Keld Denar
2008-05-06, 11:47 AM
Sadly, I don't believe so. There are numerous PrCs that add domains though. The easiest to configure is Contemplative, which grants domains at 1st, 6th, and I think 10th. Unforunately, you can't take Contemplative1 before level 11 due to skill reqs. Church Inquisitor grands the Inquisition Domain at 1st level, which can be taken as early as level 4. Radiant Servant grants 2 bonus domains, but they have to be specific to Pelor or Glory/Purification. Rainbow Servant also grants domains (Law,Good,Air) but there is heavy debate whether its full casting or not (text vs table and all that jazz). Seeker of the Misty Isles also grants Travel and I think one other that I can't remember. Ordained Champion grants War domain at first.

A feat that grants a domain would be strong. There are feats that grant the spells from a domain (Arcane Disciple) but I can't think of anything that gives the granted power of a domain other than the consumable Domain Draught from DMGII, which is quite pricey over time.

Project_Mayhem
2008-05-06, 11:48 AM
Or you could be a Cloistered Cleric and start with 3. One has to be knowledge though.

UMDPenguin
2008-05-06, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the help.

I actually have a Cloistered Cleric 6/RSoP 1 (not pelor because it's the world of aereth from goodman games, but an equivalent diety, Ormazd)

anyway, i was just trying to get access to the spell valiant fury from complete warrior. its a 5th Level spell from the courage domain, and according to crystal keep thats the only spell list its on.

valadil
2008-05-06, 12:22 PM
I think there's an epic feat for gaining a domain. Just get a couple hundred thousand more experience and you'll qualify!

I can't remember the name but I'm also pretty sure there's a feat that lets you select a domain. You get the domain power and each morning you pick one of the domain spells to add to your spell list. I'm not sure if that's meant for the renaissance cleric or for divine sorcerer type characters.

Keld Denar
2008-05-06, 12:52 PM
Valiant Fury is possibly the best single target non-personal spell in the game. Yea, it DOES only appear on the Courage domain spell list. My guess is you'll have to wait until level 11 and take 1 level of Contemplative, or beg your DM to let you take it at level 11 as your 5th level RSoO feat, due to the reflavoring of the class. Technically, the book says a Pelor domain OR Glory/Purification, but your DM has the final say on how much the "Pelor domain" part changes. I suggest buying beer.

As a side note, you aren't planning on taking more than 5 levels of RSoP, are you? Blech, talk about bad ideas.

UMDPenguin
2008-05-06, 01:00 PM
nope, the plan was 9 lvls of sacred exorcist to finish it off. maybe i can squeeze in a lvl on contemplative for the courage domain, it think it fits for the diety, though its not on his exact list.

but yeah, i'm actually mostly following the build you helped me out with a few months back. the spontaneous domain casting ACF with healing domain, plus augmented and imbued healing. add in my ring of mystic healing and the specialized divine focus (i think its from complete divine, small bonus based on diety) and i have a CMW at lvl 7 healing 2d8 +14 + 7 temporary. and that all gets empowered next lvl.

RTGoodman
2008-05-06, 01:03 PM
I don't have books available for me to check out this Courage domain, but I think you should just talk to your DM about houseruling it as an option for a Ormazd worshiper. I mean, if he's basically Pelor, he already gives access to the Strength and Glory domains, and (to me, at least) Courage doesn't seem like that big of a deviation. Then just take it as one of the domains RSoP/O gives you.

Keld Denar
2008-05-06, 01:17 PM
RSoP gets a bonus domain at 5, or ECL11. I'd recommend you take that as that domain, because its so amazing. Purification is great and all, having Recitation as a 3rd level spell (thus applicable to use with a Lesser Quicken Rod) is very nice, but access to Valiant Fury (especially if you can get a Rod of Chaining) is AMAZING. Its essentially 2 hit/+3 damage and +2 hp/lvl to your 2handed BDF, unless he's power attacking, then its more like +7 dmgs which is passing decent.

If you do take Contemplative1 though, get Purification domain at 1. The above reason and the spell Fires of Purity are amazing combat buffs for your friendly meat shield, and FoP turns a normal rogue into a flaming blender of DOOM!!!!!!

nargbop
2008-05-09, 12:13 PM
Go and buy the Book of Exalted Deeds. There are many, many prestige classes that grant extra domains. There migh be a Extra Domain feat, but I haven't seen it. Domains are great when you get the ability to spontaneously cast out of them.