PDA

View Full Version : Adrenaline Music

Gaelbert
2008-05-07, 09:24 PM
So what does everybody listen to to get their blood pumping before a big game/match/whatever? Do you even use music? What do you do?

It changes for me a lot. Sometimes it can be a little bit of Flogging Molly, maybe Iron Maiden, sometimes classical, sometimes Children of Bodom, Slayer, or Thunderstruck by AC/DC. For sections at badminton I listened to Rage Against the Machine, and that really got me seeing red. I was pumped.

North
2008-05-07, 09:29 PM
I like the faster beat stuff of Offspring, Green Day, Less then Jake, AC/DC of course, that kind of stuff.

black dragoon
2008-05-07, 09:44 PM
AC/DC, some certain songs from Coheed and Cambria, Disturbed mostly down with sickness and meaning of life. Nirvana and certain styxx songs just to get moving and grooving.

Icewalker
2008-05-07, 11:42 PM
Flogging Molly is awesome, but honestly for adrenaline, you have to go with Dragonforce, what with the ridiculous speed. Like, ridiculous.

thubby
2008-05-08, 12:52 AM
this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJgMNDLOhMQ), among other things. though i usually prefer keeping a cool, level head when entering a competition. me getting emotional is usually a bad thing.

Thiel
2008-05-08, 01:40 AM
Something with a lot of drums in it and an intense rhythm. If you've seen Doctor Who episode 3-12 "To the sound of the drums", you'll know what I mean.

Rogue 7
2008-05-08, 01:47 AM
Flogging Molly is awesome, but honestly for adrenaline, you have to go with Dragonforce, what with the ridiculous speed. Like, ridiculous.

Amen to that. Add in the Dropkick Murpheys and some more epic movie soundtracks (Gladiator, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and some tracks from the Halo soundtrack) and you have a winner.

Fri
2008-05-08, 04:59 AM
Seconded dragonforce. Sadly, a lot of their song sounded just too similar after a while.

Blayze
2008-05-08, 06:06 AM
It tends to go in a circle for me. For a while, it used to be some of The Offspring's songs (The Smash album especially), then it was Through the Fire and the Flames from Dragonforce, and at the minute it's Bring Me to Life from Evanescence (Made up a whole scene for a story set to it perfectly).

No doubt in a few months my adrenaline will demand another song entirely.