PDA

View Full Version : Batman versus Iron Man (lite - movie versions)

Adumbration
2008-05-09, 08:27 AM
I was reading the comic book version at the other side of the forum, but I found it a bit hard to follow, not having read any of the comic books. This is why I wanted to make this thread - solely becouse of selfish curiosity on the movie versions.

So, which one would win, the movie version of Iron Man or the movie version of Batman? I'm setting no limits on this, since it's very likely that people will set them themselves anyway.

Wikipedia article on Iron Man (the movie), SPOILERS:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Man_(film)

Wikipedia article on Batman Begins, the latest appeared Batman movie, at least where I'm from, SPOILERS:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_Begins

Mr.Silver
2008-05-09, 08:35 AM
Iron Man. He just outguns Batman in every way imaginable. Now, I'm pretty sure Bats wouldn't go down without a fight but he would go down. I don't think he even has anything in his inventory that could touch Stark in his suit.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-05-09, 10:27 AM
Seconded. If this was the comic versions, Batman would win because he has dozens of suits that can give a good fight to Iron Man's toy (The Dark Knight Power armor comes to mind), but the movie version is way too castrated to compare to the relatively untouched Iron Man.

GoC
2008-05-09, 11:12 AM
Ironman.
Azerian Kelimon: Batman doesn't use his suits even if he does have time to prepare so I think they wouldn't count.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-05-09, 12:26 PM
Tellat to his power armors and the OMAC whatever. His one taboo is Don't Shoot (And Don't Kill, but that's endemic of supers and superlikes), not Don't Wear Power Armor.

Teal Kuinshi
2008-05-09, 03:54 PM
Hmmm... physically, a metal suit is harder to damage than human skin. Or black spandex.

But if Wayne Enterprises were to buy out Stark's company, to the point where Stark would lose enough money to give into raging alcoholism--

then maybe Bruce would win

dwaro
2008-05-09, 04:13 PM
Bruce Wayne doesn't strike me as a super genius in Batman Begins. Most of his tech is created by Lucius Fox, whereas Tony Stark made his company what it is through his own inventions.

Though, I guess since Wayne was able to engineer a buyout, and Stark got locked out of his own company, Bruce Wayne wins in business.

Frosty
2008-05-09, 04:28 PM
Forget this. What about Mary-Jane vs Penny?

sikyon
2008-05-09, 04:35 PM
Movie wise Iron Man wins as batman is not like comic book batman.

In the comic books, batman does not value strength alone. He, like all winners, values cunning and intellegence over pure physical might. He once got superman's body and couldn't wait to give it up, as he felt constant urges to just solve everything through strength and not planning. It doesn't matter how strong you are, there is always someone or something stronger than you. But humanity is more powerful than lions because humanity has brains, a system batman has taken further. Be stronger by meta humans by being smarter than meta humans. Stark is an idiot, frankly. Sure, he has int 30. But he only has wis 10. Batman, on the other hand, has something like int 26 wis 22, a much better combination. Stark is nowhere near as good as planning as batman, and that's why he'll lose. He's got a powerful suit of armor and creative brilliance, but he doesn't have the cunning it will take to win.

Basically in the comics batman wins because he is a master of planning, not of strength. In the movies he is a master of gadets, none of which are enough to take down Iron man in a first conflict. Heck, he doesn't even really invent his own gadets, he just uses waynetech equipment.