PDA

View Full Version : War of the Damned

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-05-10, 12:08 PM
The Lich King and all his servants must do war with the a Vampire Count of Warhammer (meaning one and only one, unless its a curbstomp, but I don't think this will be so) (For both sides all of their magic works, and so on. The way this will work is a magical "bridge (a massive portal) opens up between the two realms, and the two lands are connected. How goes this battle? Does the Lich King stand on his own? Or will he be crushed by the uber-summonzorz of the Vampires?

EvilElitest
2008-05-10, 12:15 PM
Isn't their a rule "Warhammer will defeat all?"

Or is that Warhammer 40K?

Anyways, nice use of the LK, he doesn't get enough love
from
EE

Mr.Silver
2008-05-10, 02:20 PM
Isn't their a rule "Warhammer will defeat all?"

Or is that Warhammer 40K?

Neither exists, both can and have been beaten. The list of 'verses that can beat 40k is pretty small, I'll grant but it's there.

If by the Lich King you really mean the Warcraft 3 guy then this is basically a curbstomp. I don't think there's a single Vampire (aside from maybe one the Masters like Abhorash or Nefferata, or possibly Zacharias) who can really go up against The Scourge. A group of them could (e.g. the whole of Sylvania) but not an individual.
Now if this was LK against Nagash then it'd be different but it's not.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-05-10, 03:20 PM
Hmmm well, I based the "one vampire" thing on the repeated accounts of Vampires having the ability to raise whole armies thing. If this was over stated or just untrue, then I encourage you to base the vs off of a large number of vampires, as opposed to a mere one.

psycojester
2008-05-15, 10:43 AM
How about the Liche King vs Nagash?

turkishproverb
2008-05-15, 01:19 PM
Neither exists, both can and have been beaten. The list of 'verses that can beat 40k is pretty small, I'll grant but it's there.

If by the Lich King you really mean the Warcraft 3 guy then this is basically a curbstomp. I don't think there's a single Vampire (aside from maybe one the Masters like Abhorash or Nefferata, or possibly Zacharias) who can really go up against The Scourge. A group of them could (e.g. the whole of Sylvania) but not an individual.
Now if this was LK against Nagash then it'd be different but it's not.

Manfred might stand a chance too.

Deadmeat.GW
2008-05-15, 02:12 PM
Even Manfred will be stomped into the ground by the Liche King, he does not have the sheer mass of an army nor the variety the Lich King can throw at him.

Nagash, in his current weakened state would be in trouble but give the Lich King serious trouble as he can conceivably rip control away from the Lich King over his undead minions, making those minions either independent or fight on Nagash's side.

Nagash at the height of his power...

The Lich King is Undead...

Nagash just turns and points, 'go there minion' and the Lich King would be going 'there'.

The only thing that stopped Nagash was overconfidence and a weapon that would destroy the person/thing/creature using it as it was that powerful and a healthy dose of plot armour on behalf of the living foes he has faced.

At the height of his power Nagash had total control over every undead creature in the world and he was poised to snuff out the living given the sheer size of the hoste he personally controlled.

Thangorodrim
2008-05-19, 04:31 AM
I think it'd depend on the specific skills of the Vampire involved, a Blood Dragon lord, while pretty much able to arm-wrestle a bloodthirster would tend towards a smaller, more elite army, while the Von Carsteins and the Necrarchs would go for vast armies of the undead.

Mind you, a powerful undead lord with an elite army could be a severe problem for the Scourge, particularly if he can co-opt local forces, specifically other magic users, the Scourge aren't exactly a fast reacting precision force.

A powerful magic user could challenge the Lich Kings hold over his servents, and would have the capability to summon/create armies to match and counter pretty much anything in the Scourges arsenal.