PDA

View Full Version : Hostility in the Playground

BizzaroStormy
2008-05-10, 02:47 PM
Recently I've felt extremely hostile towards those around me. Family, friends, and even complete strangers. Nothing out of the ordinary has happened to me recently and I have no idea what could be causing this.

faerwain
2008-05-10, 03:13 PM
I know this feelings, and I think they are quite common and normal.
Yet, there may be a reason, which doesn't have to actually be a recent event. If you find a quiet minute, try to check with yourself if something deeper bothers you. When I have these phases, it's often frustation about my situation in life not seeming to go forward.
And stupid as it sounds, the weather may have a part. I don't know how it's at your place, but here, it's been "meh" -weather for months, and now the last days it's finally become warm and sunny, and you can really feel your body and mood reacting to the spring with more energy and the desire to do and achieve something. If you can't find a direction for this, it may sometimes makes you more aggressive.

The important thing now is find a vent. Do you have a friend close enough that you can simply have a beer with him and he would just listen for a few minutes to your rant? It doesn't have to make real sense what you are saying, just describe what you feel to him.
Play some harder music. (And headbang to it).
Do something physically exhausting(but preferably something you like, like a sports game you enjoy))
Spend time with a dog if you have the chance.

Good luck!

Flickerdart
2008-05-10, 03:21 PM
Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Embrace your anger, and your journey to the Dark Side shall be complete. :smallamused:

BizzaroStormy
2008-05-10, 03:24 PM
Well, due to my age, drinking a beer with my friend would get me, him, and the bartender put in jail. Also, when I say Hostility, i suppose a more dramatic term would be bloodthirst. For a brief moment, I actually envisioned how I would kill one of them. I'm just not sure what would happen if I finally snapped.

:annoyed: I suppose the recent flood of comments like Flickerdart's could be part of the problem.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-05-10, 03:26 PM
Welcome to every second of my life... you pathetic worm :smallamused:

More seriously, I know the feeling. I can be a very angry person, and though I've never gotten into a fight (in school. I've fought my brothers before, though not so much recently), I always envision killing people who really piss me off when I'm mad. Maybe thats creepy, but in my opinion its better than actual violence, which is the only other possible result.

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-05-10, 03:30 PM
Oh come now. There are times when we all imagine ourselves wearing the pelts of our fallen foes. :smallamused:

SurlySeraph
2008-05-10, 03:31 PM
Get more sleep. Lack of sleep makes you angry.

BizzaroStormy
2008-05-10, 03:35 PM
Get more sleep. Lack of sleep makes you angry.
More sleep than my typical 14 hours per day?

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-05-10, 03:36 PM
You could try hibernating. But don't get woken up. Many a bear has proven the folly in disturbing an irritable sleeper.

Zombie pixe
2008-05-10, 03:39 PM
Become a viciouly whitty and sarcastic person, like me when i am deppresed.

people will be coverd in conversational blood within seconds :smallamused:

Kaelaroth
2008-05-10, 03:39 PM

Try eating healthier, drinking more, sleeping less, and doing more exercise. Boring as it is, that kind of advice does seem to work for most people.

But, as said before, who doesn't fantasise about brutally killing their enemies, drinking their blood and laughing as you inflict injury after injury, wound after wound, laughing maniacally as you drain the life from your combatant, destroying endless possible futures, lives and dreams...?

SurlySeraph
2008-05-10, 03:41 PM

... No. No, more sleep won't be necessary then.

What about working out? Try running for 20 minutes a day, maybe some weightlifting as well.

But, as said before, who doesn't fantasise about brutally killing their enemies, drinking their blood and laughing as you inflict injury after injury, wound after wound, laughing maniacally as you drain the life from your combatant, destroying endless possible futures, lives and dreams...?

I don't. Well, not the parts about drinking blood, maniacal laughter, and destroying futures, anyway. I go for more of a "I will crush you, evildoer, and in so doing reassure myself of my righteousness!" approach.

BizzaroStormy
2008-05-10, 03:46 PM
Try eating healthier, drinking more, sleeping less, and doing more exercise. Boring as it is, that kind of advice does seem to work for most people.

Again, I cant drink, im under 21 and live in the US. (and my parent would probably tether me to the bumper and drag me through a cactus field if i did)

Taking out my enemies isnt the problem, thinking about doing the same to my friends is.

Amotis
2008-05-10, 03:47 PM
Again, I cant drink, im under 21 and live in the US. (and my parent would probably tether me to the bumper and drag me through a cactus field if i did)

I'm pretty sure he meant stay hydrated. Possibly even with water.

poleboy
2008-05-10, 03:55 PM

MADNESS!

But yeah, lots of water, a little exercise and a healthy diet can get you far - though not in style :smallamused:

Quincunx
2008-05-10, 04:00 PM
Oh come now. There are times when we all imagine ourselves wearing the pelts of our fallen foes. :smallamused:

Forget the pelts! Viscera--now that's how to make a fashion statement! Avoid using the large intestine though, for reasons I don't want to detail. Smear tobacco on your face for blacking, sharpen up a stake, and go hunt pig--wait, I think I'm mixing metaphors.

faerwain
2008-05-10, 04:03 PM
Ah, sorry then. Just replace "beer" with "legal, non-alcoholic drink of your choice".
[Wise old man]But that may actually make you of an age where you additionally to other possible reasons for your feelings tend to experience every emotion extraordinary strong. As Pratchett put it correctly: "They seem to constantly wear a red-hot vest under their skin"[/wise old man]

(If I may sound patronizing, it's not intended. I just don't know you and am not a psychoanalyst, so all I can do is guess and try to give some general advice)

EDIT: Quincunx, I am actually happy you returned to your unique kind of avatars. I like them very much.

Kaelaroth
2008-05-10, 04:24 PM

Yes, that's what I meant.

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-05-10, 04:45 PM
Forget the pelts! Viscera--now that's how to make a fashion statement! Avoid using the large intestine though, for reasons I don't want to detail. Smear tobacco on your face for blacking, sharpen up a stake, and go hunt pig--wait, I think I'm mixing metaphors.

Intestines are made of foul odor and filth. I've actually updated my foe downing fashion to look something akin to:

http://www.d2sector.net/images/necromancer_overview.jpg

:smalltongue:

Jade Falcon
2008-05-10, 05:06 PM
Hollow out their skulls and eat some tortilla chips out of them :smalltongue:

but well, yeah, I have these feelings sometimes myself, especially in the last few months. I know the reasons but most of them are out of my range to change atm. Itīs frustrating.

Healthy food and working out are helpful for me to control my moods. Doing fun things, trying to laugh as much as possible.

Collin152
2008-05-10, 05:12 PM
Healthy food and working out are helpful for me to control my moods. Doing fun things, trying to laugh as much as possible.

I try laughing, myself, but it doesn't help that out of my 5 differant laughs, 4 are evil in nature, and one of those four signal that I am about to inflict pain, else just have.
My desire for the blood of others is an unquenchable fury, I've found, that can only be kept in check by fear. At its worst, I can smell blood. I can recognize people by scent. Sense their approach, even. I've had to physically restrain myself from tearing out a friends throat before, you know.