View Full Version : Arena Tournament, Round 41: Fannir vs Broken-Stick Ragefire

ArenaManager
2008-05-13, 08:40 PM
Arena Tournament, Round 41: Fannir vs. Broken-Stick Ragefire

Map

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z123/TheChilliGod/Giantitp/Arena4ii.gif

XP Award: 300 XP
GP Award: 300 GP

Fannir - Stupnick (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=50556)
Broken-Stick Ragefire - KoG (http://www.campaign-blog.com/view.php?id=8423)

All gladiators please roll initiative

stupnick
2008-05-14, 10:02 AM
Fannir

rolling initiative
[roll0]

King_of_GRiffins
2008-05-14, 11:06 AM
Broken Stick

[roll0]

stupnick
2008-05-14, 11:26 AM
wow what initiative rolls for two people with no bonus..LOL

i will begin in X10, with a shield on my arm and a scroll in that hand.

i will begin casting a spell

stats

HP: 8
AC: 15 T: 10 F: 15
Turn Attempts 6
Spells:
0-Cure Minor Wounds x3
1-Summon Monster 1x2
1D-Summon Monster 1
Currently Casting Summon Monster 1, DMM Extended 8 rounds, with Beckon the frost on it.

your go

King_of_GRiffins
2008-05-14, 11:37 AM
Well, I have a +2, but those were some very high rolls. Onto the carnage!

I'll begin in D-11 armed with my Longbow.

I"ll ready an action to fire my longbow.

Attack with Longbow
Will fire just before my next round.

Stats:
Hp: 10/10
AC: Full AC 16, Flat-Footed 14, Touch 12 (+4 Armor, +2 Dex)

Done

stupnick
2008-05-14, 12:09 PM
i finish casting my spell and move out of your LOS at the Z line to the north, so the last place you see me is Z7, then i step behind the building

actions

Summon fiendish web spinner small monstrous spider in Z6, i will be in Z5.
The spider will cover Y7/8 & Z7/8 with web, DC 20 spot check to notice.

stats

Turn Attempts 4
Spells:
0-Cure Minor Wounds x3
1-Summon Monster 1x2
1D-Summon Monster 1

Spider 1- 1/8 rounds
1d8+2 (6 hp)
30 ft. (6 squares), climb 20 ft.
14 (+1 size, +3 Dex), touch 14, flat-footed 11
+0/-6
Bite +4 melee (1d4+1d6cold plus poison DC12 1d3str)
Darkvision 60 ft., tremorsense 60 ft., vermin traits, cold subtype
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +0
Str 11, Dex 17, Con 14, Int Ø, Wis 10, Cha 2
Climb +13, Hide +11*, Jump 0*, Spot +4*
Weapon Finesse
Web

Web (Ex)
Both types of monstrous spiders often wait in their webs or in trees, then lower themselves silently on silk strands and leap onto prey passing beneath. A single strand is strong enough to support the spider and one creature of the same size. Web-spinners can throw a web eight times per day. This is similar to an attack with a net but has a maximum range of 50 feet, with a range increment of 10 feet, and is effective against targets up to one size category larger than the spider. An entangled creature can escape with a successful Escape Artist check or burst it with a Strength check. Both are standard actions whose DCs are given in the table below. The check DCs are Constitution-based, and the Strength check DC includes a +4 racial bonus.

Web-spinners often create sheets of sticky webbing from 5 to 60 feet square, depending on the size of the spider. They usually position these sheets to snare flying creatures but can also try to trap prey on the ground. Approaching creatures must succeed on a DC 20 Spot check to notice a web; otherwise they stumble into it and become trapped as though by a successful web attack. Attempts to escape or burst the webbing gain a +5 bonus if the trapped creature has something to walk on or grab while pulling free. Each 5-foot section has the hit points given on the table, and sheet webs have damage reduction 5/—.

A monstrous spider can move across its own web at its climb speed and can pinpoint the location of any creature touching its web.
Escape Artist DC12 Break DC16 HP4

your go

King_of_GRiffins
2008-05-14, 02:45 PM
Gah, can't see the map at school since they blocked photobucket, so I've got to wait until I'm home to calculate my movements... :smallannoyed:

Since you moved out of my LOS before my turn, I will not be taking my readied action.

Double Move though B6 to D2

Stats:

+2 to Bluff, Listen, Spot, Sense Motive and Survival Checks against humans, +2 to damage rolls

Done

stupnick
2008-05-14, 03:00 PM
Round 3

actions

5ft step to Z4
i will begin casting another summon monster 1 spells DMM'd

spider 1 will move through me and cover Y1/2, Z1/2 in web as well.

Stats

Turn Attempts 4
Spells:
0-Cure Minor Wounds x3
1-Summon Monster 1x2
1D-Summon Monster 1

Spider 1- 2/8 rounds
1d8+2 (6 hp)
+0/-6
Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +0
Weapon Finesse
Web

Web (Ex)
Both types of monstrous spiders often wait in their webs or in trees, then lower themselves silently on silk strands and leap onto prey passing beneath. A single strand is strong enough to support the spider and one creature of the same size. Web-spinners can throw a web eight times per day. This is similar to an attack with a net but has a maximum range of 50 feet, with a range increment of 10 feet, and is effective against targets up to one size category larger than the spider. An entangled creature can escape with a successful Escape Artist check or burst it with a Strength check. Both are standard actions whose DCs are given in the table below. The check DCs are Constitution-based, and the Strength check DC includes a +4 racial bonus.

Web-spinners often create sheets of sticky webbing from 5 to 60 feet square, depending on the size of the spider. They usually position these sheets to snare flying creatures but can also try to trap prey on the ground. Approaching creatures must succeed on a DC 20 Spot check to notice a web; otherwise they stumble into it and become trapped as though by a successful web attack. Attempts to escape or burst the webbing gain a +5 bonus if the trapped creature has something to walk on or grab while pulling free. Each 5-foot section has the hit points given on the table, and sheet webs have damage reduction 5/—.

A monstrous spider can move across its own web at its climb speed and can pinpoint the location of any creature touching its web.

your go

King_of_GRiffins
2008-05-14, 03:12 PM
Taking a 5 foot step to D1. At this point, I'd like to know if LOS has been established again, or if I need to make a spot check.

Waiting for Responce

SamTheCleric
2008-05-14, 03:30 PM
@KoG:

You see a lot of webbing covering Y1 and Z1, but no line of sight to anyone

stupnick
2008-05-14, 03:31 PM
@Sam

if a LOS check is asked for, you need to post a response to both of us rember, b/c now he knows that i prolly can't see him

King_of_GRiffins
2008-05-14, 03:37 PM
Continuing

Double-move; D1 to I-1 to J7

Stats:

+2 to Bluff, Listen, Spot, Sense Motive and Survival Checks against humans, +2 to damage rolls

Done.

stupnick
2008-05-14, 03:50 PM
Round 4

Actions

Another spider identical to the first appears in Z5, the other spider in Z3, me in Z4. both spiders ready an action to charge him if he is in LOS. and hide in the squares they are in.
Spider 1 3/8 Rounds
[roll0]
Spider 2 1/8 Rounds
[roll1]

my action is i will begin casting another spell

Stats

Turn Attempts 2
Spells:
0-Cure Minor Wounds x3
1-Summon Monster 1x2
1D-Summon Monster 1

Spider1 3/8 6hp
Spider2 1/8 6hp
1d8+2 (6 hp)
+0/-6
Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +0
Weapon Finesse
Web

Web (Ex)

your go

King_of_GRiffins
2008-05-14, 03:54 PM
Exciting so far, isn't it?

Actions
Double-move: J7 to N11 to Q16

Stats:

Done

stupnick
2008-05-14, 04:11 PM
well... come and get me : )

Actions

i will finish casting my summon monster 1 spell extended DMM again..
a spider will appear in Y4 above me.

i will then swap the scroll to my hand and begin casting that.
Spider 1 4/8 maintains readied action
Spider 2 2/8 maintains readied action
Spider 3 1/8 moves to X4 and will ready the same action as the others
[roll0] <-- his hide roll

oh don't forget, he's gotta be getting close to me now... the web on the ground can only be seen by a DC20 spot check... don't forget the penalties for ranged : )

Stats

Turn Attempts 0/6
Spells:
0-Cure Minor Wounds x3
1-Summon Monster 1x2
1D-Summon Monster 1

Spider1 4/8 6hp
Spider2 2/8 6hp
Spider3 1/8 6hp
1d8+2 (6 hp)
+0/-6
Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +0
Weapon Finesse
Web

Web (Ex)

your go

King_of_GRiffins
2008-05-14, 04:16 PM
Oh, I'm coming, just you wait :smallwink:

Actions:
Double Move: Q16 to T20 to X18

Stats:

Done.

stupnick
2008-05-14, 04:33 PM
well.. cmon!!!

actions

i will finish casting summon monster 2 spell
a spider will appear in Z10 with the command of find and kill my opponent.
this is a hunting spider, which has a base speed of 40, but can not range attack with webbing.

i will then swap the scroll to my hand and begin casting that.
Spider 1 5/8 maintains readied action
Spider 2 3/8 maintains readied action
Spider 3 2/8 maintains readied action
Spider 4 1/3 is hunting him down.

oh don't forget, he's gotta be getting close to me now... the web on the ground can only be seen by a DC20 spot check... don't forget the penalties for ranged : )

stats

Turn Attempts 0/6
Spells:
0-Cure Minor Wounds x3
1-Summon Monster 1x2
1D-Summon Monster 1

Spider1 5/8 6hp
Spider2 3/8 6hp
Spider3 2/8 6hp

1d8+2 (6 hp)
+0/-6
Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +0
Weapon Finesse
Web

Web (Ex)

Spider4 1/3 11HP

2d8+2 (11 hp)
40 ft. (8 squares), climb 20 ft.
14 (+3 Dex, +1 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 11
+1/+1
Bite +4 melee (1d6 plus poison DC12 1d4str)
Darkvision 60 ft., tremorsense 60 ft., vermin traits
Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +0
Str 11, Dex 17, Con 12, Int Ø, Wis 10, Cha 2
Climb +11, Hide +7*, Jump +10*, Spot +8*
Weapon Finesse

He will find him by
Tremorsense (Ex)
A monstrous spider can detect and pinpoint any creature or object within 60 feet in contact with the ground, or within any range in contact with the spider’s webs.

with where he is summoned his tremorsense covers till the N column. so if he is on this side of the map the spider will charge and attack this round if he cna get to him. else he will hide and attack the second he knows he can.. he's a hunter remember :)

[/spoiler]

Need a ref

King_of_GRiffins
2008-05-14, 04:44 PM
You first! Better yet....

Actions:
Move action to Z20, Free Action to drop prone

LOS check now.

stupnick
2008-05-14, 04:47 PM
well i never said it was your go.. i am waiting for a ref check.. as stated.. so your post is invalid.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-05-14, 04:48 PM
I'm sorry. Apologies.

FlyMolo
2008-05-14, 05:34 PM
KoG You must be in X18, neh? You see a spider in Z10, and Fannir in Z4.

Stupnick You spot BSR in X18.

Spider spots KoG, charges him.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-05-14, 06:05 PM
Spider spots KoG, charges him.

Ref Question
What size is the spider charging me? Can I get cover from around the corner if it attacks form Y17?

stupnick
2008-05-14, 06:08 PM
Spider charges you

ends it's move in Y18 and attacks
[roll0]
[roll1]
DC 12 fort save or [roll2] strength damage

not done yet... need ref again

since LOS was established before my action, can i ammend my actions?

King_of_GRiffins
2008-05-14, 06:28 PM
On an attack of 12, your spider does not hit. How big is it by the way?

stupnick
2008-05-14, 06:34 PM
the spider is medium sized.

FlyMolo
2008-05-14, 09:18 PM
since LOS was established before my action, can i ammend my actions?

Yes, technically. But I really don't recommend it. It's unnecessary bother, and you stand ahead at this point anyway.

stupnick
2008-05-14, 09:28 PM
ok... ty so much

your up griffon

Maurkov
2008-05-14, 09:38 PM
High Ref Maurkov

@stupnickSMI says, "[the summoned monster] attacks your opponents to the best of its ability. If you can communicate with the creature, you can direct it not to attack, to attack particular enemies, or to perform other actions."

Do you speak spiderish?

King_of_GRiffins
2008-05-14, 09:42 PM
Alright then, time to do stuff.

Actions: Since your spider has LOS...

I'm dropping my Longbow as a free action. I'm drawing my Halberd as a Move Action, and I'm attacking with it.

Attacking the Spider at Y18
[roll0]
[roll1]

Stats:

End of turn.

Don't forget he has a -2 AC after his charge.

stupnick
2008-05-14, 09:52 PM
@Maurkov

no i can not..lol

but the reason i am running them like i am, is b/c of the type of spider i summoned, and what the monster manual description is.

a web spinning spider lays traps and lies in wait. so that is what they are doing.

the hunting spiders rove and stalk there opponents, so that is what he is doing.

personally i wouldn't mind if a GM wants to run the spiders, but that would take a LONG LONG time to do.

please correct as you would like tho.

waiting on response to take my turn

Maurkov
2008-05-14, 11:40 PM
High Ref Maurkov

@stupnickI did some research, and you're in luck. These are fiendish spiders. The fiendish template bestows and INT of 3. Here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm), it says that any creature with an INT of 3 understands at least one language, common if not otherwise noted. I think fiendish creatures should understand infernal, but that's not mentioned in the template, so common it is.

However, I disallow having spiders spin sheets of web as a standard action. Real spiders take hours to build their traps. If you want to argue it, That's cool. I'll explain my reasoning based on RAW and then we'll get Kyeudo. If you don't, I need to inform KoG.

Looks like the question I came to answer has already been answered. Play on.

stupnick
2008-05-15, 12:11 AM
Ref's

yes i would like to argue that...

according to the game it says it's the same as there webbing ability, which is a standard action to use, it produces the same amount of web, and has the same effect. it also has it's area determained by it's size, and personally that's what it can do in 1 action, if it is given time it could lay a trap covering the whole arena...

also why would you need to inform KoG? he should have no idea that they are there, unless he has made an ENORMOUS spot check, as stated DC 20 + ranged modifiers, and at his range i believe it's should have been at least 25 if not more. now with his modifier of +2 that means he has no idea that webs are there w/o reading my spoilers.

ref'in issue going on here

Maurkov
2008-05-15, 12:42 AM
High Ref Maurkov

@stupnick
according to the game it says Link and quote?

also why would you need to inform KoG? I believe another ref made an error. If I am wrong, and the web trap is allowed, we can deal with that.

Now then. If you look here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/actionsInCombat.htm#useSpecialAbility), we see that using a special ability is usually a standard action-- not "always", "usually".

Now compare supernatural ability to extraordinary ability:

Supernatural Abilities

Using a supernatural ability is usually a standard action (unless defined otherwise by the ability’s description). Its use cannot be disrupted, does not require concentration, and does not provoke attacks of opportunity.

Extraordinary Abilities

Using an extraordinary ability is usually not an action because most extraordinary abilities automatically happen in a reactive fashion. Those extraordinary abilities that are actions are usually standard actions that cannot be disrupted, do not require concentration, and do not provoke attacks of opportunity.

That "unless defined otherwise" clause is conspicuously missing from the Extraordinary Abilities. They take as long as they take.

Next, I point out the ambiguity of the spider entry. Because of the paragraph breaks, it isn't even clear that the sheet web is part of the Web(Ex) entry.

So that's the wiggle I see in the RAW. Appealing to reality (http://www.discovery.com/cgi-bin/conversations_view/dir/Creature/Venomous%20Spiders/Spinning%20spiders), "An orb web might take 30 minutes to build, but a typical funnel web spider will keep adding to its sheet web for days or weeks."

Now lets ask Kyeudo to take a look.

Kyeudo
2008-05-15, 01:01 AM
GM Kyeudo

Alright, it apears that Stupnick has been acting on some false information. Most of the match has proceeded on illegal actions.

To be specific: Web-spinning spiders do not spin sheet webs as standard actions. Such an action takes too long to be within the scope of a summon spell(as all that came with the creature disapears when the spell left, including webbing).

We are rewinding back to here:

i finish casting my spell and move out of your LOS at the Z line to the north, so the last place you see me is Z7, then i step behind the building

actions

Summon fiendish web spinner small monstrous spider in Z6, i will be in Z5.
The spider will cover Y7/8 & Z7/8 with web, DC 20 spot check to notice.

stats

Turn Attempts 4
Spells:
0-Cure Minor Wounds x3
1-Summon Monster 1x2
1D-Summon Monster 1

Spider 1- 1/8 rounds
1d8+2 (6 hp)
+0/-6
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +0
Weapon Finesse
Web

Web (Ex)

your go

Stupnick can redo his action and we will continue from there.

stupnick
2008-05-15, 01:05 AM
@ref's

yes i would prefer to get more opinions on this as it is not defined by the monsters entry.

In the description of the creature

Web (Ex)

it says shooting them is similiar to an attack with a net. but says nothing of placing them on the ground. one would assume that it would take the same amount of time to shoot that at a square of coverage. now since it says that they can entangle a create 1 size large, i would rule that the amount of webbing that is produce per shot/coverage would be the size of that creature

Tiny -5x5 since they can do small.
Small -5x10, but since it's sq'rd.. it would be either 5x5 or 10x5 (might have to adjust the coverage area) since they can cover medium creatures
Medium -10x10 since they can cover large creatures
Large -15x15 since they can do huge
Huge -20x20 since they can do Gargantuan
Gargantuan -40x40 since they can do Colossal
Colossal -60x60 since that's where it tops out.

now that stretches the limit from 5ft sq to 60ft sq, and follows the entry.

also now you will want to look, a small spider can do let's say 5x5 so that means in 1 day it can cover 200ft total. now for a creature the size of a small dog that would be a good equivalent.

Now if you want to go down in size, a normal everyday spider is fine sized, using these rules, they could cover 8/25ths of a square. since a diminutive creature is 1/25 of a square. which means about 6in-12in sq in 1 day.. which is a very close real life equivalent...

@refs #2

can we not rewind, if you decide that no, they can not place traps, then we can just say the webbing isn't on the ground and it didn't take 1 of there web shootings.. and continue from there. now i know where he is and my spiders can charge him and shoot web at him to trap him.

Kyeudo
2008-05-15, 01:37 AM
GM Kyeudo

1st, I read the complete discription of the spider. The webbing attacks similarity to a net has nothing to do with the discussion of the spider. Your assumptions also have no bearing. The spider can not spin sheet webs in the match.

2nd, we rewind by default. The changes in your actions because the spider was not setting traps most definately will alter the course of the map and likely the outcome. If KoG wants to continue sans traps, that could be allowed.

stupnick
2008-05-15, 08:06 AM
i will be restarting from round 2. i will post those actions w/in an hour, just have to drive to work.

stupnick
2008-05-15, 08:48 AM
Round 2 Rewind

actions

I summon a spider in Z6, then I take a double move to Z2.
to the spider "protect me till i command otherwise"
the spider will move to Z3 in support.

stats

Turn Attempts 4
Spells:
0-Cure Minor Wounds x3
1-Summon Monster 1x2
1D-Summon Monster 1

Spider 1- 1/8 rounds
1d8+2 (6 hp)
+0/-6
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +0
Weapon Finesse
Web

Web (Ex)

your go

you are still in your starting square, where you had your bow in your hand.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-05-15, 11:36 AM
Thank you for the reminder, and you should be sure to double check your spoiler tags before you post. I'll do my best to ignore it.

Actions:
Double move: From D11 to B6 to D2

Stats:

Done.

stupnick
2008-05-15, 11:55 AM
ty : )

actions

casting another spell.

spider will ready an action to web him, and the spider has tremor sense so he will know if he is w/in 60ft of our position.

stats

Turn Attempts 4
Spells:
0-Cure Minor Wounds x3
1-Summon Monster 1x2
1D-Summon Monster 1

Spider 1- 2/8 rounds
1d8+2 (6 hp)
+0/-6
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +0
Weapon Finesse
Web

Web (Ex)

your go

King_of_GRiffins
2008-05-15, 12:24 PM
No problem. :smallsmile:

Actions:
Taking a 5-foot step to D1 and calling for LOS

Stats:

Waiting for Ref before continuing.

SamTheCleric
2008-05-15, 12:31 PM
High Ref Sam

@KoG:
You see him at Z2, he has cover relative to you.

@Stupnick
You see him at D1.

Maurkov
2008-05-15, 12:33 PM
High Ref Maurkov

@stupnickNo LoS.

You have to choose which spell you're casting when you being casting. I know you've pretty much only got SMI's prepared, but it helps the poor overworked refs.

@KoGNo LoS.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-05-15, 12:39 PM
Refs:
So.... We have two different conclusions here. Which one should I be paying attention to?

stupnick
2008-05-15, 12:39 PM
two different LOS checks from two ref's both with different things..LOL this is interesting...

also
@ref's

sorry, i figured since it was the only spell mem'd it would be obvious. but i will list

Maurkov
2008-05-15, 12:56 PM
High Ref Maurkov

I was ninja'd by KoG (and Sam). Sam's call is correct.

SamTheCleric
2008-05-15, 01:46 PM
:smallbiggrin: Ninja Ref to the Rescue!

King_of_GRiffins
2008-05-15, 02:03 PM
Alright then

Actions:
Continuing Move to I1

Taking a shot at Fannir.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Stats:

19 Arrows remaining (+1 recoverable on 50% if a miss; Calling low- [roll2] )

Done

stupnick
2008-05-15, 03:38 PM
you lose sight of me again

actions

a Small Fiendish Viper (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/snake.htm#viperSnake) appears in Z4.
i take a 5 ft step to Z3 and begin casting my spell from the scroll
the spider will 5ft step to z2 and hide [roll0]

both vermin will ready actions to attack him if he comes close. the spider will web him if he is w/in 30 feet and reachable. the snake will move to attack him next round.

Stats

Turn Attempts 2
Spells:
0-Cure Minor Wounds x3
1-Summon Monster 1x2
1D-Summon Monster 1

Spider1- 3/8 rounds

1d8+2 (6 hp)
+0/-6
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +0
Weapon Finesse
Web

Web (Ex)

Snake1 -1/8
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/snake.htm#viperSnake

your go

King_of_GRiffins
2008-05-15, 03:46 PM
Awww, but don't you want to come out and play? :smallamused:

Action:
Moving to J7, requesting LOS

Stats:

19 Arrows remaining, Unbroken on Z2

Calling in the refs once more.

SamTheCleric
2008-05-15, 08:48 PM
The line of sight train pulls into the station...

@KoG
No LoS

@Stupnick
No LoS.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-05-15, 09:08 PM
Further Actions
Double Move to O9

Stats:

Done.

stupnick
2008-05-15, 09:28 PM
ref please

i ask my spider, who understands common, if he is within 60ft, and if so point to the direction. he has tremor sense.

SamTheCleric
2008-05-16, 08:21 AM
Need some clarification.

@stupnick:
Where is your spider?

stupnick
2008-05-16, 09:12 AM
@Sam

he is located in Z2, which means he has tremor sense out to the N line. and down to the 14 line as well..

SamTheCleric
2008-05-16, 09:59 AM
@Stupnick
Your spider looks towards the southwest

stupnick
2008-05-16, 10:26 AM
Actions

finishing casting my spell [roll0] scorpions appear in Z7, Z8, Z9 respectively.
they will charge him.

i tell both my viper and spider to charge him as well
i begin casting another summon monster spell

post again in a second.. seeing results of a roll

stupnick
2008-05-16, 10:48 AM
2 scorpions appear in Z7 and Z8, both small sized.

Looking right at you, they charge you (if able, will get a ref to clarify this)

Scorpion1
[roll0]
[roll1] min 1
if that hits, grapple roll
[roll2] (it's 1d20+bab+str mod, so 1d20+6 for you)
and if that wins
you take [roll3] min 1 more damage

Scorpion2
[roll4]
[roll5] min 1
if that hits, grapple roll
[roll6] (it's 1d20+bab+str mod, so 1d20+6 for you)
and if that wins
you take [roll7] min 1 more damage

You then see a small snake slither out around the corner ending in U7

Then a spider comes crawling around the corner ending in X7 and launches webbing at you,
[roll8]
-2 if in W or V
-4 if in T or U
-6 if in R or S
-8 if in P or Q
-10 if in N or O

stats

Turn Attempts 2
Spells:
0-Cure Minor Wounds x3
1-Summon Monster 1x2
1D-Summon Monster 1

Spider1- 4/8 rounds 6hp
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/monstrousSpider.htm
Augment Summoning and Beckon The Frost (+4str/con +1d6 Cold)

Snake1 -2/8 6hp

Scorpion1 -1/3 6hp
Scorption2 -1/3 6hp
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/monstrousScorpion.htm

your go

stupnick
2008-05-16, 11:09 AM
since the net hit you, auto hit with a nat 20...

you are entangled (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#entangled)

Entangled
The character is ensnared. Being entangled impedes movement, but does not entirely prevent it unless the bonds are anchored to an immobile object or tethered by an opposing force. An entangled creature moves at half speed, cannot run or charge, and takes a -2 penalty on all attack rolls and a -4 penalty to Dexterity. An entangled character who attempts to cast a spell must make a Concentration check (DC 15 + the spell’s level) or lose the spell.

An entangled creature can escape with a successful Escape Artist check or burst it with a Strength check. Both are standard actions whose DCs are given in the table below.

Escape Artist DC12 Break DC16

whether you can move or not when entangled by a spider, it is up to the ref's

King_of_GRiffins
2008-05-16, 11:32 AM
Good job there on the reveal. Perhaps I should ask you for tips later for my Psionic Shaper?

Currently, I'm in O9. I don't think your scorpions have enough movement to make the charge from Z. I'll let you decide what they're doing or determime if they can make it before doing anything.

stupnick
2008-05-16, 11:44 AM
both of the scorpions are 50ft away from you, with a charge of 60ft, they can easily reach you. but they missed. but you have two scropions on you, in P8 and P9

as for psionics, i really don't know much about them.. im sorry..LOL

that's the one thing i try to stay away from. i am attempting to play 1 in a pbp, but that's my first time with them.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-05-16, 11:56 AM
Alright then. My assumption was that being small, they'd have 20ft movement, not 30.

Being the first and possibly only thing to do, I'll go and try a strength check for the Break DC

[roll0]

Checking for results.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-05-16, 12:01 PM
Alright, 20. That beats the DC so I'm free as an orc now.

Finally, I shall take a move action to I-10.

Stats:

Done

stupnick
2008-05-16, 12:44 PM
Alright, moving out of the attack range of the scorpions warrents AoO

Scoprion1

min 1
if that hits
1d20-4 Grapple check (1d20+6 for you)
if that wins
min 1
and you are grappled and can't move

Scoprion2

[roll4] min 1
if that hits
1d20-4 Grapple check (1d20+6 for you)
if that wins
[roll5] min 1
and you are grappled and can't move

those are the AoO...

once this is resolved, then i will take my action

King_of_GRiffins
2008-05-16, 12:48 PM
Both Scorpions have missed and do not get to grapple.

stupnick
2008-05-16, 01:04 PM
ok well my scorpions official suck...LOL

A new spider appears in Z9, you see me appear out at Z7 hear me so "new spider get behind him, trap him in" The spider takes off in a full run and ends in H9.

"Spider" pointing at the first spider, "Web him up"
The spider moves forward and launches another web at you.
[roll0] includes +4 bonus to hit, -10 ranged penalty

if he hits, you lose -4 to dex, and technically -2 to ac b/c of that for the scorpions

"scoprions charge him." Both scorpions charge you.

Scorpion1
[roll1]
[roll2] min 1
if that hits, grapple check [roll3] you roll 1d20+6
if he wins you take [roll4] min 1, and you are grappled

Scorpion2
[roll5]
[roll6] min 1
if that hits, grapple check [roll7] you roll 1d20+6
if he wins you take [roll8] min 1, and you are grappled

"Snake get in position to strike next round"
The snake runs to J11

i then finish my movement and go back behind the building.

here is an updated map of where my monsters end up

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL993/4285676/9009737/317536111.jpg

stats

Turn Attempts 0
Spells:
0-Cure Minor Wounds x3
1-Summon Monster 1x2
1D-Summon Monster 1

Spider1- 5/8 rounds 6hp

Spider2- 1/8 rounds 6hp

Snake1 -3/8 6hp

Scorpion1 -2/3 6hp
Scorption2 -2/3 6hp
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/m...usScorpion.htm

your go once we resolve this

stupnick
2008-05-16, 01:06 PM
confirming critical for scorpion 2
[/roll]1d20+3[/roll]
if so, you take an additional [roll0] min 1

stupnick
2008-05-16, 01:08 PM
damnit..LOL
[roll0]

sorry for triplepost

King_of_GRiffins
2008-05-16, 01:18 PM
Thank you very much for the map! The primary won't load at school, and I've been operating half-blind for the last 2 rounds. :smallbiggrin:

Alrighty then. One of the scorpions manages to hit, but does not confirm. I take 1 point of damage and must beat a -2 grappple check

[roll0]

That scorpion is owned grapplewise without even thinking about it. No grapple for him.

I begin my turn and start with a 5-foot step to H10. I'll drop my Longbow as a free actions, and use my move action to draw my Halberd of DoomTM

Halberd of DoomTM drawn, I'll attack the spider presently beside me at H9.
[roll1]
[roll2]

Stats:
Hp: 9/10

Longbow on ground at H10

If I don't critical, it's your turn once agian. I hope I splatter that spider :smalltongue:

stupnick
2008-05-16, 01:37 PM
congratz, you have splattered a spider.

Spider 1 moves forward to L8, and once again attempts to attack you with his webbing, only 5 more after this one
[roll0] +4 hit, -2 ranged

if he hits, you lose -4 to dex, and technically -2 to ac b/c of that for the scorpions

both scorpions advance up and attack, this time getting there full round of attacks.
Scorp1
[roll1]
[roll2] min1
if that hits [roll3] vs your 1d20+6
if he wins [roll4] min 1
[roll5]
[roll6] min1
if that hits [roll7] vs your 1d20+6
if he wins [roll8] min 1
[roll9]
[roll10] min 1
if that hits Fort save DC 12 or [roll11] con damage

Scorp2
[roll12]
[roll13] min1
if that hits [roll14] vs your 1d20+6
if he wins [roll15] min 1
[roll16]
[roll17] min1
if that hits [roll18] vs your 1d20+6
if he wins [roll19] min 1
[roll20]
[roll21] min 1
if that hits Fort save DC 12 or [roll22] con damage

The snake advances up on you
Snake 1
[roll23]
[roll24] and [roll25] cold damage
if that hits Fort save DC 12 or [roll26] con damage

stats

Turn Attempts 0
Spells:
0-Cure Minor Wounds x3
1-Summon Monster 1x2
1D-Summon Monster 1

Spider1- 6/8 rounds 6hp

Snake1 -4/8 6hp

Scorpion1 -3/3 6hp
Scorption2 -3/3 6hp
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/m...usScorpion.htm

King_of_GRiffins
2008-05-16, 01:50 PM
Independant of the grapple check and fort saves, you deal 12 damage on 3 attacks, rendering me unconscious.

Prior to going unconscious, [roll0] :: -2 from the net I'd think.

[roll1] - For 1 con damage
[roll2] - for 6 con damage

King_of_GRiffins
2008-05-16, 01:55 PM
I suppose I spend my turn bleeding. Here's hoping your summons dissapear in a few rounds...

Stats:
Hp: -6/7

Longbow on ground at H10
6 Con damage

Go.

stupnick
2008-05-16, 02:27 PM
well if you are in the negatives, you are out : )

and btw.. the summons last a little while longer. 2 rounds for the spider, 4 rounds for the snake, the scorpions are gone tho.

good fight tho. it's hard to take out an army of monsters at level 1

King_of_GRiffins
2008-05-16, 03:13 PM
Indeed. I suppose if I used the full benifits of Combat Expertise active, I'd have enough AC and HP left to survive long enough to wait it out, drink a potion, than tan your humans puny hide. I enjoyed the fight as it was though, and maybe I'll last the loser bracket long enough to fight again.

So then, you win. Call in the ref and claim your gold! :smallbiggrin:

Maurkov
2008-05-16, 03:31 PM
I call this match in favor of Stupnick's menagerie, and Stupnick. Collect your booty.