PDA

View Full Version : track and field

de-trick
2008-05-14, 04:32 PM
Tuesday I have my first meet this year, its only a zone but still. My events are 800m, 1500m, and 3000m. My times in order are 2:30, 5:55, and 13:21. I automatically get to go to provincials because only one in my school who runs 3000m, and I think 1500m and we are hosting provincials.

I know there are a few runners but are any of yous in track and field?

BillsBioBlog
2008-05-14, 04:35 PM
I was in it in highschool and my best time was the mile in 4 minutes twenty two seconds

Jae
2008-05-14, 05:33 PM
I am =]

but sorry, those are far off from my events.

I do the 100m and Long Jump, mainly. My coach has started throwing me in the 200m, though, I think because Cross Country gave me the endurance to technically finish in the same pace I would the 100. However, this did not stop me from actually uhh falling down afterwards. it was great. not.

uhmm I suck though, im really not fast. my best 100m was..thirteen something. i dont know my best 200, because i never took it too seriously.

I kinda blew this whole season off. I think ill work out this summer, and I should improve from then

Midnight Son
2008-05-14, 07:46 PM
I was a 200, 400 and 800 runner here.

.21something, .49something and 2.09 respectively if I recall correctly.

Unofficially, since I didn't run it competitively, I did the mile in under 4.30, but I don't remember how much under.

de-trick
2008-05-14, 08:20 PM
my times are really practice runs and times in gym. Which I don't have much compaction to motivate me. Even with a 6:30 mile which is nothing for me I can have to wait for 6-7 minutes waiting for everyone else to finish. Not trying to brag but even my at a slow pace which I can talk to people I will be about 50m's ahead of everyone else within the first 100-150m. I even lap the person second to me, so if i have more compaction I could take off a minute in my mile and probably 2 minutes on the 3000m.

VForVaarsuvius
2008-05-14, 08:40 PM
All I can say is track is THE arch enemy of RPGs.

\V/

Don Julio Anejo
2008-05-14, 08:55 PM
Never did any school sports, although I used to run a lot.... did the Vancouver Sun Run (10K race in the rain through downtown Vancouver) in around 64 minutes. And my best time for a 3K is 13:07. But compared to some of the people in my school, that's nothing... One of my friends had a 5 minute mile and an 11 minute 3K on a bad day. Somehow running and volleyball were about the only sports our school was good at.

Phae Nymna
2008-05-15, 07:05 AM
Let's hear it for the field events! WHOOO!! :smallbiggrin:
I throw shotput and discus for my school's Track and Field team.

de-trick
2008-05-15, 07:15 AM
last year at my zones it was raining, froze my arms and I couldn't feel them. This is because they said 3000m competitors to the starting area, I get my shorts and jersey on, then one of the hands say girls are running first, my cloths are on the other side of the track and by that time I'd change it would be my turn to run, so I decide to stay in my shorts while it rained, worst idea ever, I lost the race came in at 1st-3rd last.

adanedhel9
2008-05-15, 05:27 PM
I did a little track in high school; I ran the 400, 300 hurdles, and whatever race we had no one else for (small school). I wasn't in long enough or seriously enough to keep times.

Oh, and take it from me: screwed up back + hurdles = even more screwed up back... when I still hurt at the start of the season from an injury last season, I decided to hang up my shoes.

Thufir
2008-05-15, 05:59 PM
I did all the sprints and the triple jump. I was pretty good at discus too.
Best time for the 400 was 59.9, the others I can't remember. Of course this was 6 years ago. 4 years ago I was probably a bit faster. Now... well I stopped training 4 years ago, so probably not too good.

de-trick
2008-05-15, 07:43 PM
Had a mean practice today 800m repeats+ sun+ cotten/polyester shirt = dead de-trick

but today i found out I have another event relay. Anyways today I ran about 3-4 miles at a run/ jog or 5-6 in total

Jae
2008-05-15, 08:27 PM
I just need to say that 800 repeats SUCK.

as do mile repeats. which make me wanna punch a friggin baby. gah.

distance in general is teh suck

de-trick
2008-05-15, 08:32 PM

distance in general is teh suck

im not going to lie I hate it sometimes but im good at it and someone got to do it, also i get to laugh at people who are tired from sprints. Also im in distance cause im not a sprinter, I remember when we were doing sprints for basic conditioning and I was yelling at the couch that I was not a sprinter, going at my normal run speed.

Semidi
2008-05-15, 08:49 PM
I ran the 800 and 400 in high school. I remember getting around a 02:06 in the 800 and a 00:54 in the 400. Then I stopped after my sophomore year due to injuries and lack of caring.

Midnight Son
2008-05-15, 09:44 PM

distance in general is teh suck800, 800, 400, 400, 300, 300, 200, 200, 10*100s, then work your way back up to 800.

I could barely walk after those workouts, much less punch a friggin baby, but they sure helped me kick ass at the meets.

Jae
2008-05-16, 03:39 PM
Midnight son..i feel for ya.

Ohman Im such a sprinter. Distance bores me and theres no rush for me.

Im an adrenaline JUNKIE. The gun going off and the speeeed and the competition where a second could ruin the entire race.

yep. its amazing. im addicted.

de-trick
2008-05-17, 12:28 PM
i got a problem, on thursday I hurt my leg running my repeats. Then of friday I had gym and we had to run the mile I did and my shoe fell off. Instead of stopping ad putting on my shoe I ran the last lap with one shoe on. The shoe that fell off was my injured foot shoe. Then the real pain began when we were playing ultimate fresbee i could not run, and was forced to limp all day. I have my first track meet tuesday and I need to run in it. I need help how to fix it by tuesday

Jae
2008-05-17, 01:50 PM
perchance did you play ultimate frisbee at practice? haha when I ran cross country whenever we wanted to mess around we played ultimate frisbee. and i never figured out why this was such an amazing distance game

I think both I and every runner in existence has had this same problem. Injuries seem to make themselves prevalant when it becomes important. I would take the rest of practice off before the meet. you dont sound like you need it to gain any confidence, so dont. And ice is your best friend, fixes all ailments.

Actually, Ive hurt myself a lot these last few seasons so if you could elaborate on the injury i might actually be able to help further. maybe not but ehh try it

Gem Flower
2008-05-17, 02:19 PM
In the track and field area, I try out for everything. We're not done try-outs for all the teams yet, but so far I've only made ball throw. And I came first! I can't really do races, 'cuz I'm an endurance runner and I just suck at races. More of a marathon person. In te long distance stuff, my school always runs all the girls togeter and all the boys together, so as long as I'm not last I'm happy. I might make long jump though! (If I do, I'll have made the exact same teams I made last year.)

de-trick
2008-05-20, 09:07 PM
ok, had my meet today, besides getting creamed in 3 of 4 of my events I got the best sun burn ever. My sun burn is on my shoulder and neck wear my jersy did not cover. But i did better than I thought I would do. I got 5/7 in 3000m with a time of 12:56, 6/13 in mile with the time of 5:43, 800m 5/7 not sure of time, and 400m relay we came in 2nd.

de-trick
2008-05-31, 12:33 AM
had another meet, I was head for the team, I had the inside lane at the start and we had the waterfall start line, the problem I got cut off a couple of times and the coaches and other officials did not catch it. But are anchor met us not have total disappointment, ended getting 2nd last

Ethrael
2008-05-31, 10:01 AM
Ouch, unlucky. Well I don't know about track, let alone long distance, but I'm an active shotputter, best in my year. I'm ok compared to other people, I can get about 10m with 4kg.