PDA

View Full Version : Disgaea vs WH40K

Tengu
2008-05-16, 01:22 PM
Because there weren't enough penguins. On one side we have Laharl, Etna, Flonne and a squad of 5 prinnies, on the other 5 Imperial guardsmen, one commissar, a sanctioned psyker and a space marine who joined the group by accident. All characters are equipped with weapons default for them, and Flonne has some additional spells learned from mages that are her pupils. The battle takes place inside a sword, on a level without any geo symbols. How hard will get the Imperials owned Who will win?

LBO
2008-05-16, 01:31 PM
From what I know about Prinnies (read: this (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/9/1/)), the little splodey murderers. Because come on, penguins.

Hunter Noventa
2008-05-16, 01:33 PM
By default do you eman the weapons they entered the party with, or just their favored weapon? Do Larharl and Etna have allt he different weapon skills? What level are the Disgaea characters? Are their weapons powered up via Item World?

But first, consider that Laharl annihilated an enitre fleet of warships in a single attack. I'm prety sure the Disgaea crew would win.

Poison_Fish
2008-05-16, 01:33 PM
Hahahahahahaha

*ahem*

Hahahahahaha

Thank you Tengu

Tengu
2008-05-16, 01:47 PM
By default do you eman the weapons they entered the party with, or just their favored weapon? Do Larharl and Etna have allt he different weapon skills? What level are the Disgaea characters? Are their weapons powered up via Item World?

Let's say that their equipment and levels are close to what would you have near the end of the game, without extreme powerlevelling or going for the optional bosses. By default weapons, I meant that Laharl has a sword, Etna a spear and Flonne a staff, prinnies have tentacles various monster weapons, guardsmen have lasguns, the marine a bolter, etc.

Edited for clarity.

Xefas
2008-05-16, 01:49 PM
If I remember correctly, midway through the main game, Earth forces show up with a Million or so battleships.

Laharl proceeds to, by himself, destroy them all (except the 1 flagship) in a manner that is neither explained nor shown, and never again displays anything remotely similar in power.

This could be construed as "Disgaea wins" or as "Disgaea has such silly canon as to not be eligible for serious consideration."

Also, where in Laharl's career are we assuming he is? For instance, I played until I beat Baal's Prinny Form, which I dare say is in the Chaos God+ category of power.

Innis Cabal
2008-05-16, 01:58 PM
prinies are not evil, they are repenting for the sins in life....hardly threatening really

SurlySeraph
2008-05-16, 02:10 PM
This isn't anywhere near close. The main party from Disgaea could take out Primarchs without too much trouble.

Xefas
2008-05-16, 02:28 PM
This isn't anywhere near close. The main party from Disgaea could take out Primarchs without too much trouble.

I think I'd use a tactic similar to the one I used to defeat Priere.

That is, run a Scout up to the Primarch, pick him up by the ankles and throw him across the battlefield. Then, run another Scout out as far as they will go. Then, run a third Scout out right next to the second, pick up the second Scout by the ankles and throw him behind the Primarch. Then, have the second Scout pick up the Primarch again and throw him onto an island by himself.

Then, I'd spend a couple turns getting Laharl into position and proceed to spam Wind Cutter from out of range for 3 hours until the Primarch hit 0hp.

And that's how you defeat a level 2,000 enemy with three level 1 characters and a level 400ish one.

Oslecamo
2008-05-16, 05:30 PM
This already hapened. Laharl blow up the human invading fleet, then opened a portal to Earth, invaded it, kicked the ass out of the imperial guard police and adeptus astartes elite soldiers protecting it all the way untill the main comand and defeated the supreme general, who revealed himself to be the emperor last power ranger in a last ditch effort to defeat Laharl.

If no one remembers, the only reason why Laharl didn't blow up the main ship right away was because Flonne claimed it as a trophy.

Rutee
2008-05-16, 07:19 PM
If I remember correctly, midway through the main game, Earth forces show up with a Million or so battleships.

Laharl proceeds to, by himself, destroy them all (except the 1 flagship) in a manner that is neither explained nor shown, and never again displays anything remotely similar in power
If you beat him in your fight against him in Disgaea 2, he gets mad. He then completely obliterates the Netherworld (Plane of existence) that you're on. No, I am not making this up.

Overlords rule planes of existence. The upper tier ones (Most of the Overlords from the actual games) are capable of nuking them in a manner of moments. Laharl, Zetta, or Zenon breaks the WH40k universe, then one of the other two breaks the Immaterium. GG WH40k.

Incidentally, canonically, Laharl is level 1800, Zetta is 2000, Zenon is 2300.

Terraoblivion
2008-05-16, 10:31 PM
This is entirely unfair, Tengu. At the very least two of the lasguns need to be broken. Otherwise we all know that the 40k people will win. I mean it is 40k, it always wins no matter what it is up against, no matter whether the arguments for why it should win makes sense. It is one of those laws of the universe in the same vein as how people will keep taking versus threads seriously.

Seraph
2008-05-16, 10:53 PM
This is entirely unfair, Tengu. At the very least two of the lasguns need to be broken. Otherwise we all know that the 40k people will win. I mean it is 40k, it always wins no matter what it is up against, no matter whether the arguments for why it should win makes sense. It is one of those laws of the universe in the same vein as how people will keep taking versus threads seriously.
8/10