PDA

View Full Version : The Batman versus Dracula (movie)

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-05-16, 09:39 PM
I just watched this movie on Cartoon Network, and awesome though it is, some things bug me. For one, despite the fact that the whole making vampires thing can be explained scientifically, a lot of things like vampires hating the sun and garlic are never really explained at all. Also, in the end, I disliked that Batman just killed Dracula for a couple of reasons. For one, despite the fact that Dracula was a "monster" he was a thinking individual, and I don't see how Batman could have reasoned killing him, at least so easily, and for two, they just kill him. No offense but, just killing of Dracula is just so... anticlimactic. I mean there was no doubt left, no "flash of sun then hes gone" just sun, and then hes a burnt out corpse. Really, it just feels like it was too easy, and that they eliminated a possible future Big Bad Guy, which could have been very interesting. Anyone else seen this movie?

EvilElitest
2008-05-16, 10:16 PM
When i first read this, i thought this was a vs. thread, sorry
from
EE

Anteros
2008-05-16, 10:48 PM
I happened to catch the last few minutes of it myself today, and that bothered me as well. Batman goes up against the supernatural all the time and manages to resist the urge to murder. Then again, I believe the cartoon was made by cartoon network rather than DC so it's not really canon anyway.

kpenguin
2008-05-17, 01:52 AM
I am unsure if the undead count as living.

FoE
2008-05-17, 01:59 AM
The Venture Bros. settles this debate with this discussion about 'acceptable targets' for secret agents:

Hunter: No women, no children. Them's the rules. Seperates us from the baddies.
Brock: But what if she's an enemy agent?
Hunter: Uh-uh.
Brock: An assassin?
Hunter: No.
Brock: Um... oh! A double-agent assassin who just killed the President!
Hunter: No sir, non-lethal takedown only. President's not the president anyway, you know that.
Brock: Oh. Hey, how about, you know, uh... a lady Dracula?
Hunter: You mean ... Nosferatu? Le Vampyr?
Brock: I guess ...
Hunter: Undead. Not technically a woman in that regard, so you got no beef there. Also, fictitious.

thubby
2008-05-17, 06:01 AM
how do you propose he take him down without killing him?
besides that, as his wife proves, a sun scorched vampire is only slightly dead.

Solo
2008-05-17, 06:12 AM
how do you propose he take him down without killing him?
besides that, as his wife proves, a sun scorched vampire is only slightly dead.

I'm not dead yet!