PDA

View Full Version : ReBoot!

Roderick_BR
2008-05-18, 01:36 PM
Whee, I'm spamming the medias board :smallbiggrin:

So, anyone remembers ReBoot? Cartoon completely made in 3D, with beings that live in a computer/web based world, fighting viruses, and ocasionally having to enter "games", and defeat the being called "User", to keep it from destroying the city?

I was talking to a friend other day when he mentioned it again, and I decided to google around a bit, and found out something new (series, or a movie) was planned for someday soon...
Then I talked to another friend that showed me this: http://reboot.com/ Only 11 days left!

Anyone else is excited to find out what's it about? :smallsmile:

factotum
2008-05-18, 02:22 PM
I don't think they even showed the last part of the third season in the UK...too dark for the kiddy-winkies or something. (To which I say, just show it at a later hour and let the adults watch it!!!!).

I believe they're actually planning a trilogy of ReBoot TV movies, but I guess that will depend on how well the first one does...

Hectonkhyres
2008-05-18, 02:54 PM
I watched it the day it first came to television back in '93, caught every new episode as they came out, and wrote more than my fair share of hatemail when the bastards canceled it in favor of oodles of Disney-spawned pap. Bastards.

That series was awesomely done... as in it inspired awe. It went from witty, satirical humor mixed with awesome to awesome mixed with lovecraftian horror.

Satan: I would sacrifice an orphan upon an altar of your choosing if you could bring that show back in all its glory.

GryffonDurime
2008-05-18, 03:26 PM
I'd imagine it's the Reboot Webcomic they've been working on.

Fans got to put in proposals, and they picked the best to greenlight as a continuation to the series. Based on response, they're interested in reviving the show in other media, as well.

GryffonDurime
2008-05-23, 10:49 PM
...Okay, with only a little over six days remaining, why isn't there MORE excitement?

Reboot is Rebooting, people! No love for the legacy of Hexadecimal and Megabyte, Bob and Dot, Matrix and AndrAIa?

Gorbash Kazdar
2008-05-23, 10:57 PM
...Okay, with only a little over six days remaining, why isn't there MORE excitement?

Reboot is Rebooting, people! No love for the legacy of Hexadecimal and Megabyte, Bob and Dot, Matrix and AndrAIa?
We're too busy staring at the countdown.

Edan
2008-05-24, 12:42 AM
I missed this show when it was first run. I only caught about 1/8 of the episodes, so I was fairly lost and I was to young to appreciate it for what it truly was. This will be amazing.

Excuse me while I see a doctor, I nearly passed out from sheer awesome.

Vikazc
2008-05-24, 01:26 AM
That show was among the best made back in that time frame. I anxious to see what they are doing with it, and frightened of what they will turn it into >_<.

Xefas
2008-05-24, 02:49 AM
I loved that show quite a bit. So much so that I created a macro for my WoW Warrior to say

Xefas double-clicks his chest.
"ReBoot!"

when he activated his hearthstone to teleport somewhere.

You wouldn't believe how many random messages I would get from people afterward. "Oh my god, that's so awesome", "I want to have your babies", and so forth. No joke.

What's this about it coming back, though? :smallconfused:

turkishproverb
2008-05-24, 03:01 AM
I loved that show quite a bit. So much so that I created a macro for my WoW Warrior to say

"ReBoot!"

when he activated his hearthstone to teleport somewhere.

You wouldn't believe how many random messages I would get from people afterward. "Oh my god, that's so awesome", "I want to have your babies", and so forth. No joke.

What's this about it coming back, though? :smallconfused:

It's probably the comic book revival they talked about.

Jayngfet
2008-05-24, 03:18 AM
Loved the show, my friend's right next to me looking at how awesome it is.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-05-24, 12:58 PM
This is so beautiful. My faith in humanity has gone up, maybe someday we'll finally see Invader Zim, Firefly, and Chinese democracy, if ReBoot is coming back. :hopeful:

GryffonDurime
2008-05-24, 10:32 PM
Much as I wish to temper enthusiasm with more enthusiasm, there is one bit of sadness:

While this first chapter of Reboot will be webcomic form, there is a good chance that, interest willing, we'll see more animated content.

...But will it ever be the same without Tony Jay, the voice of Megabyte?

Jayngfet
2008-05-24, 11:10 PM
This is so beautiful. My faith in humanity has gone up, maybe someday we'll finally see Invader Zim, Firefly, and Chinese democracy, if ReBoot is coming back. :hopeful:

Well Samurai Jack did get back on the air earlier this month :hopeful:.

Hectonkhyres
2008-05-25, 01:57 AM
"ReBoot!"
Unfortunately, Xefas rebooted into a magical girl costume.
Make a fortitude save against blindness.

Jayngfet
2008-05-25, 02:00 AM
Unfortunately, Xefas rebooted into a magical girl costume.
Make a fortitude save against blindness.

*Rolls* Crap, three. Even with my +1 that's gonna sting for a few hours.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-05-25, 11:51 AM
*Rolls* seven, but with the +42 bonus from having munchkined IT, I'm left unscathed.

de-trick
2008-05-25, 12:37 PM
rebot was a good show, i think i remeber the characters names to bob, dot, enzo, megabit, fong and couple other i cant put a name to

Knight13
2008-05-25, 01:38 PM
Reboot was the only show I've ever seen that actually got better as new seasons came out. Even the most hardcore Reboot fan will admit that the first season pretty much sucked. It was targeted at kids, so the jokes and plots were all really corny and shallow, though there were a couple of good episodes (like Talent Night and Great Brain Robbery).

Season Two was an improvement, with a coherent storyline instead of just stand alone episodes, the introduction of AndrAIa and Mouse finally became a recurring character.

Season Three kicked the series into overdrive with a significant improvement in the CG and animation, the introduction of Matrix, one of the biggest badasses ever and a much darker tone overall.

This tone continued into Season Four, with the war with the infected Guardians, the deceptively cute and seemingly omnipotent Daemon and Hexadecimal playing a much more prominent role.

darkblade
2008-05-27, 12:19 PM
Two more days until something Reboot related happens!

Jayngfet
2008-05-28, 09:20 PM
Following its aquisition by the Rainmaker Income Fund in 2006 Mainframe Entertainment was renamed Rainmaker Animaton. In 2007, Rainmaker then announced plans to create a trilogy of ReBoot films with illustrator/animator Daniel Allen as the lead character designer. Rainmaker Animation executive vice president Paul Gertz stated, "ReBoot's legions of fans have been incredibly loyal and continue to keep the property alive on dozens of fan sites."[4] In conjunction with the website Zeros 2 Heroes, Rainmaker announced an intention to allow fans greater access to the development of the movie plans and also in development of a ReBoot webcomic. Fans were given the chance to submit their own art and designs, with the potential to end up as an artist on the project, and their feedback ensured which one of five ReBoot pitches won.[4][5]

The winning pitch was ReBoot: Arrival,[6]. Rainmaker will monitor feedback for the comic but may not use it as the basis for their movie plans.[7] Four ReBoot fans have been chosen to work as artists on the Arrival comic.[6] According to the pitch at the Zeroes2Heroes website, Megabyte's Hunt has developed into a Net-wide war so pervasive even other Viruses are united against it. The Users have gone, spending their time in an unending MMORPG Game. A sentient System named Gnosis is created as a way to stop Megabyte, but goes rogue and begins enslaving Systems in its attempt to gain User-like powers. Two teams of heroes are assembled to stop Gnosis and bring back the Users, which will include new characters and a one-off character named Lens the Codemaster, from Season 2.

A ReBoot website has been discovered with a countdown,[8] ending on May 30, 2008, at 12:00 A.M.

I found this a few days ago on another forum.

Poison_Fish
2008-05-28, 09:37 PM
I am looking forward to this.

Susil
2008-05-29, 10:04 AM
I am staring at the countdown instead of revising for my exam tomorrow... A ReBoot revival?

Hell. Yeah.

turkishproverb
2008-05-30, 12:00 AM
Binomes at Work.

:smallcool:

Jayngfet
2008-05-30, 04:28 PM
Well, it's all up there now, the comic, reactions, and plans for three feature films

Life was bad, but now it's good FOREVER(cookie for the reference)

turkishproverb
2008-05-30, 07:19 PM
Well, it's all up there now, the comic, reactions, and plans for three feature films

Life was bad, but now it's good FOREVER(cookie for the reference)

ZOIDBERG!

of

FUTURAMA!

Player_Zero
2008-05-30, 07:42 PM
ReBoooooooot!!

*Ahem*... I have vague memories of this show. As I recall it gave me nightmares. :smalltongue: