PDA

View Full Version : Looking for group : Dubaï

SolkaTruesilver
2008-05-28, 09:50 AM
Hi there. I am a Canadian (Quebecois, to be exact) who will probably move to Dubai for a new job in the next month (nothing is 100% official). Since I will know absolutely no one except my potential future boss over there, I was hoping to find a RPG gaming group operating over there. And where is there a better place to look for it than in the Playground?

I know the rules of D&D, Warhammer (both Fantasy and 40k), World of Darkness and would like to play those (never played Warhammer's, however). I must admit that Shadowrun and Rift rpg also tempt me, but I am not familiar with those system. And if you happen to already have a game running with a gaming system other than the previously mentionned, I am sure I would like to give it a try.

Thanks for the possible replies!

Waffles
2008-05-28, 09:36 PM
Well....uhh.....good luck?

Sir_Elderberry
2008-05-28, 09:43 PM
I don't think this forum is quite big enough--especially in regards to specific communities like Dubai--to provide you with gaming groups in the area. A better idea might be, when you get there, to look up gaming stores and see if you can find something to hop in on.

Emperor Tippy
2008-05-28, 09:44 PM
This should be in the Finding Players forum.

SolkaTruesilver
2008-05-29, 07:59 AM
Wait, there's a finding player forum?

.... ...

Well, drop me in mustard and roll me. Sorry everyone.

(Elderberry: that was my plan #2. I just hope there is a gaming store over there. On the other hand, it would be kinda sad if there wasn't..)

Bender
2008-05-29, 08:36 AM
Well, at least you'll be able to visit palm tree shaped islands or go indoor skiing in the desert...

I hope you find a group. I know there are plenty of immigrants (e.g. to build islands) that could be interested in RPG's, even if it's less popular amongst the native Dubaiese (or how do you say that?)

Renegade Paladin
2008-05-29, 08:41 AM
You're going to the U.A.E. and expect to find such Evil Western Decadence™ as tabletop gaming? :smalltongue: Well, good luck with that.

SolkaTruesilver
2008-05-29, 10:30 AM
You're going to the U.A.E. and expect to find such Evil Western Decadence™ as tabletop gaming? :smalltongue: Well, good luck with that.

Indeed. I am quite sure there is a Slannesh-worshipping cult over there.