PDA

View Full Version : STD Superpowers

Poerts
2008-05-28, 07:44 PM
So, I recently started a new campaign for my long dormant-gaming group. I told each of them that they would it would be D20 Modern and that they would acquire superpowers a short ways into the first session. At the start of the game I handed them each their character sheets, as well as small piece of paper they were forbidden to how the other players. The piece of paper told them everything they could remember previous to waking up in their underwear in an over-turned cargo container. The details were sorta vague, as the night before was blur to each of them, but it always ended in an implied sexual encounter with a woman who sounded fairly similar to the woman every other player remembered. They (along with every other super-power bearing person they will meet throughout the campaign) contracted their superpowers from her. The PC's included a French Canadian Midget with super strength, a fair bit of damage reduction, and a tendency to experience random hallucinations, a college student with fire-tossing and horrible burning sensations, and televangelist with what can only be described as super-aids. What I really need now are ideas for more STD-superpowers, they don't really need to be perfectly linked to the STD they're inspired off of, as long as the disadvantage to having them is.

Paragon Badger
2008-05-29, 12:51 AM
Dude, your campaigns sound incredibly interesting.

How about shape-shifting herpes that randomly pops up from time to time? :smalleek:

Poerts
2008-05-29, 06:18 PM
Thanks Badger, It's always cool to get complimented on the internet, and I was thinking of an excuse to shove a shapeshifter in there. by the way, if anyone wants, I could post the power-lists for each PC, just so you've got something to compare it by... There's no real system for it, I just took the lazy route and slapped powers and drawbacks on them. Also, before anybody gets too excited, a giant crab/insect-man (guess what that links to) is already taken.

Zovc
2008-05-29, 06:27 PM
I agree, this sounds like an extremely fun campaign.

How about the super clap? Perhaps sonic damage in an area/cone.

Get it? The clap... anyone?

SilentNight
2008-05-29, 07:07 PM
Gigantic Mutant Crabs?

Silence
2008-05-29, 08:06 PM
Must... not... make... ****.... joke....

Ok, back to something relevant.

Pretty much anything elemental is good. Fire-powers, water-related powers, ect.

Possibly an ability to shrink one's self? (+5 to hide)

Solo
2008-05-29, 08:08 PM
Ability to cast Web, Glitterdust, and Stink Cloud at will?

Poerts
2008-06-02, 04:42 PM
Gigantic Mutant Crabs?

The current plan is a nest of um... mid-body hair that slowly expands, releasing periodic hordes of gigantic insect beasts of various types. The Queen is the original owner of all that hair. I figure it'll end up taking over it's own mini-country and causing an international crisis.

ZebulonCrispi
2008-06-02, 05:19 PM
Wow. Uh.... wow.

You've turned tastlessness into an art form. My hat is off to you, good sir.

Poerts
2008-06-02, 05:23 PM
Wow. Uh.... wow.

You've turned tastlessness into an art form. My hat is off to you, good sir.

I'm pretty sure it already was one.

Paragon Badger
2008-06-02, 09:36 PM
I'm pretty sure it already was one.

The Dadaist movement, for instance. :smallamused:

Jayngfet
2008-06-02, 10:15 PM
Like Coagula from the doom patrol? Use that as a power.

Eakin
2008-06-02, 10:31 PM
Wow. I can't believe I found this thread and this (http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/eb87414f2b) on the same day.

Poerts
2008-06-02, 11:11 PM
Like Coagula from the doom patrol? Use that as a power.

Wikipedia informs me that she is quite likely the kinkiest superhero ever, excluding Wonder Woman when you get her near some rope.

Edit: Oh yeah, and uh, the superpower is pretty neato too.

Edit Edit: HOLY CRAP IT'S ALREADY BEEN DONE.