PDA

View Full Version : Mad Magic Monsters! I need ideas!

Ghill
2008-05-31, 08:56 AM
I'm starting to work on a campaign and need help with monsters. The basic premise is that world is being dominated by a college of insane mages who are all sociopaths and give nary a thought about what their expirements are doing to the world. I need a bunch of 'Mad Magic' monsters, such as levitating hampsters, giant carnivorous bunnies, etherial death-clocks, basically the most outlandish and bizarre creatures you can think of. I prefer that they have a CR between 1-8, and have at most a 'large' size.

Bhu
2008-06-01, 12:07 AM
I'm starting to work on a campaign and need help with monsters. The basic premise is that world is being dominated by a college of insane mages who are all sociopaths and give nary a thought about what their expirements are doing to the world. I need a bunch of 'Mad Magic' monsters, such as levitating hampsters, giant carnivorous bunnies, etherial death-clocks, basically the most outlandish and bizarre creatures you can think of. I prefer that they have a CR between 1-8, and have at most a 'large' size.

Visit the thread in my sig and peek at the list of stuff I have, I specialize in goofy or creepy critters. If theres one you wanna see that I havent ported over from Wizards yet I'll put it up. I also do requests :smallbiggrin:

DracoDei
2008-06-01, 10:11 AM
See my extended signature (link in my sig) for the Splitter Gryphon (AKA MIRV Gryphon), Beige Dragon, Giraffe-a-pump, and maybe a few others.

There was a Vorpal Tribble Contest in this theme, not to mention that a lot of his creations might qualify.

BRC
2008-06-01, 10:14 AM
Put them up against a Splooooogeeee, when they ask "What's a Splooooogeee" look at them in a confused manner and say "Well, it's kinda Spoogy ya know."

Never, under any circumstances tell them what a Splooooogeeee is, just give it some slam or tentacle attacks.

Zeta Kai
2008-06-01, 10:41 AM
For bizarre monsters, check out the Elemental Plane of Flesh (see my signature). The Resident Evil d20 has even more, but they're under copyright, so you should change the names.

Xuincherguixe
2008-06-01, 10:50 AM
It's a bit off topic I think, but somehow I felt it appropriate because it features a character who has some sociopathic tendencies, and is vaguely Lovecraftian.

I wouldn't normally engage in this self promotion, but I'm kind of tried, and it just seemed to tie into things. And having just written it, it's kind of on my mind.

Slightly disturbing, maybe (http://xuincherguixe.livejournal.com/232924.html)

If at the very least that's the kind of spirit you're looking for, I can probably come up with some stuff on my own.

I'm including a link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4iJJceQmkI&NR=1) to a thing with a lot of monsters set to Cradle of Filth. I think this is on the very edge of being worksafe, and I'm going to include a warning. The monsters in this are highly sexualized. There is no actual sex, but there are strong implications of sex. It could easily be very disturbing. And yet with a warning like that I suspect that many of you may well be disappointed, and I apologize for that.

I can come up with various good monstrous concepts, if either of those is in the right style, but I don't have any experience coming up with the stats for things.

Abberations, and the Undead are probably the direction to go with for Mad Science.

Grug
2008-06-01, 12:19 PM
The Oljop. It's a large animal about the size of a rhinocerous bu twice as wide. It consists of a round body with four long and thick legs sticking out of it in a wide stance, each ending with a flat foot. The eyes are small and the skin is pale green and hard. The most prominent feature, however, is the long nose coming out of the body. It is thick and somewhat flexible, ending with a multitude of short tentacles around a bulbous nose, flanked by four larger and more agile tentacles with pincers for grabbing things. It is a mostly peaceable creature except when food is nearby, food being anything easily mashed by it's trunk and then slurped up. They travel in herds. One in a while you find an Alpha Oljop, which can spit fire.