PDA

View Full Version : FREE Campaign Setting Now Online!

Brasswatchman
2008-06-01, 01:56 PM
I'm aware that this might be futile, what with 4e just days away. All the same, I just wanted to let everyone know that I've just posted the first of two e-books in a free, Creative Commons-released campaign setting. It's called "A Final Fantasy," and it's based on the classic Squaresoft RPGs Secret of Mana and Final Fantasy VI. Download the new Player's Instruction Manual by clicking here (http://www.lulu.com/content/2640772)!

Fully 81 pages long
Involves players in an epic, genre-spanning storyline, with the fate of an entire world at stake;
Includes dozens of new weapons, armor and magic items that can be used in any d20 system-based game;
A full system of house rules, including spells and playable races;
Links to the Hypertext d20 SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/) provide a convenient, 21st-century source of reference;
Did we mention that it’s free yet? We meant to.

Enjoy!

- Jon
www.tinwatchman.com/aff (http://www.tinwatchman.com/aff/)

Brasswatchman
2008-06-01, 02:07 PM
(hopeful bump)

UserClone
2008-06-01, 02:23 PM
Downloading...Will be sure to give it a solid skim, and a full on read if my interest gets more piqued.

Nikolai_II
2008-06-01, 02:49 PM
Quick bump there :smalltongue:

Anyway, do you have the rights to Final Fantasy, or are you not using any copyrighted words or references at all? Ianal for sure, but still..

Regis
2008-06-01, 03:23 PM
Very, very impressive. I love the changes that have been made to races, and the new items are interesting to read about.

When will the second volume be released, and it is also free to download?

Brasswatchman
2008-06-01, 03:34 PM
When will the second volume be released, and it is also free to download?

Soon, hopefully, and yes, it will be. I'm releasing the entire project under a Creative Commons license.

Very, very impressive. I love the changes that have been made to races, and the new items are interesting to read about.

:D Thank you! I'm glad you like it!

brant167
2008-06-01, 04:14 PM
Excellent work!
Really enjoyed it, great read; I'm concidering running it for my next game.

Brasswatchman
2008-06-01, 04:34 PM
Excellent work!
Really enjoyed it, great read; I'm concidering running it for my next game.

Fantastic! I'm glad you liked it! :)

Regis
2008-06-01, 05:23 PM
I'm also considering running it, though with your permission I would like to change a few minor things to make it fit together more fully with some setting ideas that I'd already had in mind and was planning on expanding upon. I promise that I'll make sure that your work, brilliant as it is, shines through despite any changes that I might happen to make.

Once again, excellent, excellent work. I cannot wait to see the second volume.

UserClone
2008-06-01, 05:59 PM
So, I am not understanding the "crunch" bits of the races section: are those /all/ the racial stats, or are they in addition to the SRD versions, or are those stats in replacement of the originals? Also, where are the friggin' moogles, man?!? I mean...uh, I love you. Or uh,... ok, yeah. That's about it.

Brasswatchman
2008-06-01, 06:53 PM
I'm also considering running it, though with your permission I would like to change a few minor things to make it fit together more fully with some setting ideas that I'd already had in mind and was planning on expanding upon.

Sure. :) C'mon, we all know that at the end of the day the GM or DM has the final word. Everything I've written are basically guidelines. In fact, feel free to post any modifications you make on the project website (which can be found at <a href="http://www.tinwatchman.com/aff/">www.tinwatchman.com/aff</a>). I'd be really interested to see what you come up with.

Once again, excellent, excellent work. I cannot wait to see the second volume.

:D Thank you! I really appreciate the feedback!

Brasswatchman
2008-06-01, 06:57 PM
So, I am not understanding the "crunch" bits of the races section: are those /all/ the racial stats, or are they in addition to the SRD versions, or are those stats in replacement of the originals?

Ooh, thanks for reminding me. That one's going to need to go into the FAQs... yeah, basically, unless directly stated otherwise, all of the racial stats are *in addition to* the ones in the SRD.

Also, where are the friggin' moogles, man?!?

:) Take a look at Chapter 7.

UserClone
2008-06-01, 07:20 PM
Ooh...I could get down on those, as like a bard with Snowflake Wardance, or a Sorcerer with moogle dance. I'd totally go with a Small race to start with if going Sorc, though.

Brasswatchman
2008-06-01, 08:03 PM
Ooh...I could get down on those, as like a bard with Snowflake Wardance, or a Sorcerer with moogle dance. I'd totally go with a Small race to start with if going Sorc, though.

:) Cool. Glad you approve!

Brasswatchman
2008-06-01, 10:36 PM
bump again

Brasswatchman
2008-06-02, 12:14 PM
(she's bump, she's bump, she's in my head...)

Frosty
2008-06-02, 12:25 PM
I shall visit that site after work. This holds promise. Mog was pretty powerful. Maybe we'll have bard songs that don't suck? And Gau was horrifically overpowered. Guess he's the Druid. Sabin...Swordsage? Warblade? Cyan's the Knight or Crusader. Edgar is kinda wierd. Artificer? Terra probably has a level adjustment that she bought off. She and Celes are Gishes.

/turn off geek mode for now

Brasswatchman
2008-06-02, 09:21 PM
and another bump...

EvilElitest
2008-06-02, 10:25 PM
i'm not ready to download, can you explain or show a sample
from
EE

Brasswatchman
2008-06-03, 01:11 AM
i'm not ready to download, can you explain or show a sample

Err, from the PDF? I could, but that would just take the form of another download, if that's what concerns you. You could take a look at the project website (http://www.tinwatchman.com/aff/), if you wanted, though I don't have very much up there yet...

Other than my personal assurances that there is absolutely no malware or viruses in the file, and the fact that it's free to download (so what do you have to lose?), I really don't know how to help you. Perhaps you could explain further what you're asking for?

Brasswatchman
2008-06-03, 01:13 AM
I shall visit that site after work. This holds promise.

:) Great! Looking forward to hearing what you think.

Frosty
2008-06-03, 02:09 AM
Bah, I'm too tired after work today. I went to the project website though and so far it has kept my interest, Will download later.

Fenix_of_Doom
2008-06-03, 02:48 AM
It needs an expansion, it doesn't even have rules for chocobos!!

Brasswatchman
2008-06-03, 04:26 PM
(yes, another bump. I just don't know when to quit, do I?)

Brasswatchman
2008-06-03, 11:07 PM
It needs an expansion, it doesn't even have rules for chocobos!!

:) As I said - this is the first of two e-books.

Agrippa
2008-06-04, 02:09 AM
From what I've read so far it seems rather interesting. I'm not going to use your take on the core races (elves, dwarves, gnomes, halflings and goblins) and I'm not using your setting, but I will quite a bit of your ideas. Not all of them, just a good amount.

Brasswatchman
2008-06-04, 02:25 AM
From what I've read so far it seems rather interesting. I'm not going to use your take on the core races (elves, dwarves, gnomes, halflings and goblins) and I'm not using your setting, but I will quite a bit of your ideas. Not all of them, just a good amount.

Fair enough. Good luck. Thank you for reading.

Agrippa
2008-06-08, 03:28 PM
Fair enough. Good luck. Thank you for reading.

Though I do think that naming your gnomesh home country Davros (http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Davros) is absolutely hilarious and appropriate.

Brasswatchman
2008-06-10, 04:44 PM
Though I do think that naming your gnomesh home country Davros (http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Davros) is absolutely hilarious and appropriate.

:smallbiggrin: