PDA

View Full Version : Call of Cthulu: Online Character Sheets? (Question)

DarkCloud
2008-06-01, 08:19 PM
Hi.

I know that there are several sheets on the internet where players can input data and save said data for Dungeons and Dragons so that the data can be accessed by other people for viewing.

I was wondering if there were any similar programs for the Call of Cthulu games?

~DC

Lycan 01
2008-06-01, 10:10 PM
Don't they use the same sheet? I heard you can use characters and stuff from either game in the other one, so it would make sense for them to have the same sheets...

drengnikrafe
2008-06-01, 10:35 PM
I think Call of Cthulhu (isn't is spelled with that second "h", or am I mistaken?) has an insanity value, to go with all the normal numbers.

Brasswatchman
2008-06-01, 10:38 PM
It depends. Are you playing Cthulhu d20 or Chaosium Cthulhu?

Lycan 01
2008-06-01, 10:45 PM
"Cthulhu"

Pronounced "Cuh-thoo-loo" by the H. P. Lovecraft Historic Society, although no "official" way of saying it was ever given by H. P. Lovecraft.

I'm a big Lovecraft fan... :smallbiggrin:

drengnikrafe
2008-06-01, 10:48 PM
I'm a big Lovecraft fan... :smallbiggrin:

How's your sanity?
All the guys down at TDEB tell me reading that story will cause you to be somewhere between needing to be committed to an insane asylum and dead from paranoia.
Ahh, I'm being off topic. Sorry, person-who-started-this-topic.

Lycan 01
2008-06-01, 10:56 PM
Story? Stories, actually. I can link you some of the good ones, if you want to try 'em out. Wikipedia has a free library of all of Lovecrafts works...

My sanity is alright. I think I've gotten more creative since I've found Lovecraft. But then again, Cthulhu does use the minds of artists and writers to do his bidding, more often than not... :smalltongue:

Back on topic, I saw the D20 Call of Cthulhu game on Ebay for 40 bucks. Relatively good condition, comes with a DM wall thingy... Good buy?

I'm also an avid Arkham Horror player. I loooooove that game....

Edit: Woah! You can actually order the standard CoC game from Chaosium... I heard you couldn't......

Okay, I'm interested. :smallbiggrin:

Tsotha-lanti
2008-06-02, 03:44 AM
... huh? Same sheet? You couldn't even use the same sheet for D&D and CoC d20, much less or Chaosium's BRP CoC. And of course you can still get the game, didn't they just print a new edition a few years ago?

Never seen online sheets for it, but not that sure why you'd need them. Seems pretty pointless - you can just save your data as a .txt or .rtf file.

CoC d20 is a great, incidentally. I, too, was shocked and revulsed when I heard about it years ago. "D&D in my CoC?" Then I read the book, and, like any good d20 game, it's nothing like D&D. It is, if anything, more deadly than BRP. Massive damage starts at 10 (the average damage for rifles is 11). There's no way to raise your saves above "class level bonus + stat bonus". Deep ones will pretty much kill you in one round, and ghouls will worry you for massive damage. Don't even think about fighting something like a Dark Young.

Attilargh
2008-06-02, 05:20 AM
Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?) has one, apparently for Chaosium's version.