PDA

View Full Version : Needed, Tournament Modules

Pink
2008-06-02, 07:43 PM
Okay, So, later this month I'm going to attending my first role-playing convention. Yay and stuff. Well, it's just a little thing at the local gaming shop and such, but still, couple days of roleplaying, fun. Anyway, I would like to run a game or two, Unfortunately I don't have the free time to homebrew something up in time for it. So, I'm asking of the wisdom of the roleplaying community of the playground, what's a good module that I can find to run?

Here's the criteria:
-Something medium powered or so, 6-12 or so. High enough to let the players do some cool stuff, but without giving them the power to turn the game on it's head.
-A one-two four hour session length. It's only a two day convention and I don't want to spend all my time running a game.
-Something that gives the players a feeling of accomplishment at the end of it all.
-Not Tomb of Horrors. Someone's already running that.

So...Suggestions please?

Yvian
2008-06-02, 08:49 PM
If not S1, Tome of Horrors, why not

S2, White Plume Mountain
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20051207a

It's a classic. Like S1 it was designed for tournament play. It is a bit on the low powered side [7th Level] but still good clean fun.

Pink
2008-06-02, 10:43 PM
Hmmm...Yes, that certainly looks good. However I'm going to have to ask if anyone else has some suggestions as well. While this fits the bill...I also want to have the option of running something that's not just a dungeon crawl.