archon_huskie
2008-06-02, 09:25 PM
Who will win?

The bears or the Tie Fighter? discuss

turkishproverb
2008-06-02, 09:27 PM
Who will win?

The bears or the Tie Fighter? discuss

NOrmal Polar bears, Golden Compass (Movie) Polar bears, or HIS DARK MATERIALS (BOOKS) Polar bears?

EDIT: Also: Environment?

warty goblin
2008-06-02, 09:33 PM
Doesn't anybody read the sticky on vs. threads anymore? Something about how vs. threads should have a context? Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?

If normal polar bears, the the Tie fighter. If Golden Compass bears with a fire-thrower thingy, bears. The basic rule of Star Wars: Whenever something solid hits any form of bad guy vehicle, the vehicle explodes. See: AT-AT, AT-ST, Executor, Speeder bikes. Exception: Death Star, because it's just so badass.

BooTheHamster
2008-06-02, 09:35 PM
If they're fighting on ice/snow, then I say Polar Bears.

Look at the Battle of Hoth, the TIE fighters didn't even show up. You know why?
Polar Bears.

Infinity_Biscuit
2008-06-02, 09:49 PM
Exception: Death Star, because it's just so badass.
Also exception: TIE Fighters, when they collide with each other at high speed in the Death Star trench.

oh wait

:smalltongue:

Nasrudith
2008-06-02, 10:00 PM
The bears. A TIE fighter is useless without pilots and they were never a condition in this fight.

de-trick
2008-06-02, 10:01 PM
thats like comparing a Tank to a ant, we all know the answer the TIE fighters

Infinity_Biscuit
2008-06-02, 10:03 PM
The bears. A TIE fighter is useless without pilots and they were never a condition in this fight.
Well, the only way I'm seeing the bears winning this is if one of them stands on the other two to get into the cockpit (assuming it's unlocked), gets the thing started, and then crashes it.

How good are polar bears at hotwiring military equipment?

Trazoi
2008-06-02, 10:06 PM
I second that it depends on the environment.

If it's a TIE Fighter in the game TIE Fighter, then the TIE will win.
If it's a TIE Fighter in any of the Star Wars movies, then the pilot will probably crash the fighter before getting within range of the bears.

archon_huskie
2008-06-02, 10:07 PM
Let's not forget that the Ewoks managed to take out mecha.