PDA

View Full Version : How would one...

Talya
2008-06-03, 07:25 PM
...manage the equivalent of a "Gestalt" game in SW Saga or D&D 4e? With 4e it might work alright, and not actually increase your power all that much, I don't know.

I was thinking once that with Saga, if you were doing an "All Jedi" game (which rock in a star wars old republic setting), you might want additional non-jedi abilities in your party. I'm not entirely sure how I'd go about this, but it seems a gestalt concept might work.

monty
2008-06-03, 07:34 PM
I'm not familiar with those systems, but assuming they have a similar progression scheme (regular level-based bonuses to HP, attacks, etc.) you could do the same thing - just take the best of each class.

Abardam
2008-06-03, 07:36 PM
4E: From what I know, you could just take one class's list of powers and add it to another class's list of powers. Ta-da. If you wanted it more complete, you could also add (or, alternately, mix-and-match) the two classes' class features.

KillianHawkeye
2008-06-04, 09:18 AM
As far as gestalt in Saga is concerned, I don't think you really need to do it. I mean, you can be a Jedi with only 1 level in the Jedi class (or technically 0 if you've got the Force Sensitivity and Use the Force as a trained skill). Star Wars Saga has a really easy-to-use multi-classing system that, combined with the feats/talents system, really allows a character to collect whatever abilities they want to get.

If you really wanted to do a gestalt, however, I don't think it would be that hard to pull off. It would be pretty similar to D&D: They get the best HP, Attack Bonus, and # of trained Skills from their two classes. Do the Save Bonuses like normal multi-classing (take the best available bonus for each Save). I would say give them all of the starting feats from BOTH classes. After that, just make Skills from both classes as Class Skills, and allow them to choose their Talents and Bonus Feats from either classes' lists/trees.

Saph
2008-06-04, 09:21 AM
I was thinking once that with Saga, if you were doing an "All Jedi" game (which rock in a star wars old republic setting), you might want additional non-jedi abilities in your party. I'm not entirely sure how I'd go about this, but it seems a gestalt concept might work.

I'd go with having every character take their first level in a non-Jedi class, then take Jedi levels afterwards.

That gives them the trained skills (which are the main point of the other classes anyway) and one talent, which is probably enough for most things.

- Saph