PDA

View Full Version : Exalted Bonuses

poignant123
2008-06-04, 10:13 AM
Just asking here, cause a friend and I are DMing a campaign where there's this one player who has 3 Vows, Vow of Poverty, Vow of Non-Violence and Vow of Peace.

I was wondering whether his exalted bonuses stack from different sources cause he's got an AC of 32 at level 5

List of feats:
1 – Monk 1: Sacred Vow, Vow of Poverty (Human), Improved Unarmed Strike (Monk), Improved Grapple (Bonus Feat), Vow of Non-Violence (Exalted Bonus), Vow of Peace (Flaw) / Flurry of Blows
2 – Monk 2: Intuitive Attack (Bonus Feat), Nimbus of Light (Exalted Bonus) / Evasion
3 – Paladin 1: Subduing Strike / Aura of Good, Detect Evil, Smite Evil 1/day
4 – Paladin 2: Ascetic Knight / Divine Grace, Lay on Hands
5 – Paladin 3: - / Aura of Courage, Divine Health

And his AC:

AC: 10 + 4 (Natural Armor) + 4 (Deflection) + 9 (Exalted) + 3 (Wisdom) +1 (Monk) = 31

sonofzeal
2008-06-04, 10:17 AM
Exalted Bonus doesn't stack as general rule, but the text for Vow of Peace has an exception which states that the Exalted Bonus to AC from it (and the Natural Armor and Deflection bonuses) specifically stack with the bonuses from Vow of Poverty. Anyone with both those feats SHOULD have a ridiculous AC or they're doing something wrong.

Jack_Simth
2008-06-04, 04:54 PM
Just wait until he starts taking Apostle of Peace levels. Then he'll have Clerical Casting on top of that.

Aleron
2008-06-04, 05:11 PM
The only problem I see with this is that he is taking 2 feats at second level calling Intuitive Attack a bonus feat. It's not one of the feats available as a Monk bonus feat. Beyond that, nothing is out of the ordinary there...though he's going to have an interesting time doing about anything other than healing due to the restrictions of Vow of Peace.

EDIT: VoPeace will not allow you intentionally harm a creature with anything other than subdual damage, and then only if you are intending to take them prisoner. You can't use any spells that cause insta death(disintrigrate ect...) or things that weaken life forces (Ray of ENfeeblement ect...). Constructs & Undead aren't under this restriction, though I would think that Warforged would get the normal protection though.

Jack_Simth
2008-06-04, 05:20 PM
The only problem I see with this is that he is taking 2 feats at second level calling Intuitive Attack a bonus feat. It's not one of the feats available as a Monk bonus feat. Beyond that, nothing is out of the ordinary there...though he's going to have an interesting time doing about anything other than healing due to the restrictions of Vow of Peace.
I figured he'd end up a grapple monster, dealing nonlethal to the point where his opponent falls unconscious. He's going to have a really strong defensive build (assuming he puts lots of stat boosts into Charisma and Wisdom), and he's liable to have a decent amount of hand-to-hand nonlethal offense to go with it.

nargbop
2008-06-04, 10:10 PM
I've played with a VoP Apostle of Peace with a ridiculous AC, ridiculous Diplomacy, and ridiculous various other things. It's downright difficult to play well, both RP and system-wise.
Eventually, he was one-shotted by an epic archer. Oh well.

jcsw
2008-06-04, 11:11 PM
Heh, I'm in this campaign too, he says he's building a grapplemonster but his modifier is only +8, you can beat that using just a Goliath Fighter.