PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Multiclass and Eternal Seeker Questions

Crow
2008-06-04, 04:04 PM
Multiclass.

If I have all of the power swap feats, do I get to switch out my multiclass encounter power (of my multiclass) anytime that I would get to switch out an encounter power of my normal class? Does this mean I will be able to have two encounter powers of the highest level possible for my level?

Eternal Seeker.

This Epic Destiny looks to be the best choice for a multiclasser, but anyhow; It says that you can choose a power from any class when you gain a new power. I am assuming that this means you can *replace* one of your powers with one from any other class when you would normally be able to swap out a power. Is this correct?

InaVegt
2008-06-04, 04:12 PM
Re: Multiclass.

You swap out a power of your own class for a power if the multiclass class of equal level or lower.

Re: ES

That seems to be the case,

kc0bbq
2008-06-04, 04:17 PM
Multiclass.

If I have all of the power swap feats, do I get to switch out my multiclass encounter power (of my multiclass) anytime that I would get to switch out an encounter power of my normal class? Does this mean I will be able to have two encounter powers of the highest level possible for my level?

Eternal Seeker.

This Epic Destiny looks to be the best choice for a multiclasser, but anyhow; It says that you can choose a power from any class when you gain a new power. I am assuming that this means you can *replace* one of your powers with one from any other class when you would normally be able to swap out a power. Is this correct?On the first, no, you don't. Just the ones you get based on advancement.

Any power earned from 21 on can come from any class. It's not in addition to. At 26 you do get an additional utility power, though.

Crow
2008-06-04, 04:21 PM
1. Could you use the retraining option to switch out the multiclass power?

2. It looks like the only new power you get is the Utility at 26 which isn't included in the types you can aquire (encounter and daily), so you only swap powers from 21 on...

Sorry I am not getting this...I hope I'm not the only one who is confused.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-06-04, 04:21 PM
Hmm...Does the Eternal Seeker get to take powers from paragon paths? If so, it's an excellent choice to get the Swordmaster daily.

tsuuga
2008-06-04, 04:22 PM
However, you are allowed to swap out the power-replacement feat for the same power-replacement feat with normal retraining. This removes the power you got from it, replacing it with the power you swapped out. You can then choose a new power.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-06-04, 04:23 PM
However, you are allowed to swap out the power-replacement feat for the same power-replacement feat with normal retraining. This removes the power you got from it, replacing it with the power you swapped out. You can then choose a new power.

No need for that fancy schmancy trick. At each level up, you can treat the feat as if you had got it at that level.

kc0bbq
2008-06-04, 04:25 PM
Hmm...Does the Eternal Seeker get to take powers from paragon paths? If so, it's an excellent choice to get the Swordmaster daily.No, just class powers. And any level 24 epic destiny feature at 30.

As for retraining, it depends on how you emphasize "by gaining a level" the sentence.

When you gain a class encounter or daily power by gaining a
level, you can choose your new power from any class.

Charity
2008-06-04, 05:07 PM
No need for that fancy schmancy trick. At each level up, you can treat the feat as if you had got it at that level.

Spot on

Multi classing is quite adaptable, you get to swap on top of the level retrain

"Any time you gain a level, you can alter that decision. Effectively, pretend you’re choosing the power-swap feat for the first time at the new level you’ve just gained. You gain back the power that you gave up originally from your primary class, lose the power that you chose from your second class, and make the trade again. You give up a different power from your primary class and replace it with a new power of the same level from your second class. You can’t use power-swap feats to replace powers you gain from your paragon path or epic destiny. If you use retraining to replace a power-swap feat with another feat, you lose any power gained from the power-swap feat and regain a power of the same level from your primary class."

Crow
2008-06-05, 12:46 AM
I just want to make sure I'm getting this (sorry for being dumb here). So can you swap out a power you just learned (on that level-up) for a power of your multiclass of the same level?

Also, I looked at the Epic Destinies and the Eternal Seeker again, and it definately looks like the way to go of the choices offered. =)