PDA

View Full Version : 4e Laziness

shadow_archmagi
2008-06-04, 06:01 PM
So, I'm unsure of whether to switch. To that end, I've decided to borrow some books, but I'm a lazy bugger.

In 3.5e, I had a chargen. Come to think of it, I had TWO chargens, one for simple stuff and one for tricky stuff.

Anyone got one for 4e?

Draz74
2008-06-04, 06:11 PM
ENWorld has some 4e Excel Spreadsheets to help you make a character. I'll try and find them and post a link. But you might have to have an ENWorld account to download them.

Edit: Here (http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=227100) is the one I was thinking of.

holywhippet
2008-06-04, 07:51 PM
I'm kind of surprised Wizards didn't pay for one to be made like they did with 3.0. Well, sort of like they did with 3.0. That chargen program was kind of buggy.

SamTheCleric
2008-06-04, 07:53 PM
I'm kind of surprised Wizards didn't pay for one to be made like they did with 3.0. Well, sort of like they did with 3.0. That chargen program was kind of buggy.

D&D Insider is gonna have a character generator in the free part of it, I believe.

JaxGaret
2008-06-04, 09:08 PM
D&D Insider is gonna have a character generator in the free part of it, I believe.

Free? It doesn't get better than free.

Crow
2008-06-05, 01:02 AM
Free you say? I never heard about this. I had heard the generator would be part of the subscriber service...which we've heard very little about lately. Hopefully the "Digital Initiative" doesn't flop like similar things WotC has done.

SamTheCleric
2008-06-05, 08:04 AM
Let's see if I can find it...

Ah here it is.

What portions of D&D Insider will remain free after the preview ends?
Certain elements of the D&D Insider tools will remain free in limited use for non-subscribers. For example, non-subscribers can use the Dungeon Builder to create encounter maps and use their .jpgs in offline games. Subscribers will be able to load these maps directly onto the D&D Game Table. As another example, non-subscribers can use the Character Builder to manually input character information or print out 4th Edition character sheets.

Source: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dndifaq

Crow
2008-06-05, 12:29 PM
Ah...that may or may not be a character "generator" though.

AKA_Bait
2008-06-05, 01:32 PM
Ah...that may or may not be a character "generator" though.

That sounds like an online character sheet to me, possibly with editable fields, not really a generator. The tangeled web already has one of those up...

As for the digital iniative, I suspect if it failed then many heads would roll over at WotC.