PDA

View Full Version : Need a suggestion for 2 spellcaster levels

quillbreaker
2008-06-06, 06:30 PM
I have a favored soul/sorcerer/mystic theurge that I've been plowing through the upper levels with, and I'm curious if anyone has a suggestion as to what I should level as for levels 19 and 20.

I have 4 levels of FS and Sorcerer and don't see much point in taking two more levels of that, and I can't take epic Mystic Theurge until my level total hits 20. So, 4/4/10 leaves me at level 18.

I'd be looking for something that gives arcane levels (or arcane *and* divine levels) or perhaps some neat and handy abilities. I've considered Archmage to get some of those nifty spell modifiers, for instance.

monty
2008-06-06, 06:51 PM
Ew, Mystic Theurge. It's not completely terrible pre-epic, but I really don't see the point in taking epic Mystic Theurge. You're better off alternating levels of arcane and divine PrC's; odds are you'll find better class features than that one extra feat every six levels. Incantatrix is pretty much always your best bet for arcane (and will give you as many bonus feats in half the levels), and I personally like the Contemplative for divine. So, you'd go something like:

{table]Level | Class
19 | Incantatrix
20 | Contemplative
21 | Incantatrix
22 | Contemplative[/table]
etc.

If you run out of levels for those, find two more.