PDA

View Full Version : Kick Ass comic

yihdego
2008-06-07, 01:48 AM
This comic is pretty awesome.

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/8124/kickassbannerpf8.jpg

Seriously, the comic is quite graphic and tells a great story. Its not always that you can convince people to give comics a chance. Continuity makes comics impossible to approach but Kick Ass is so fresh and relevant. Oh and the viral campaign has been fun, they posted videos of a staged fight reliving a scene from the comic.

Here's the clip: YouTube - KICK-ASS CAUGHT ON CAMERA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8byYFdSBfA) don't worry they were professionals.

Poerts
2008-06-07, 05:21 AM
I traded ten Snes sports games for the first two issues and fifty dollars. I've read them about fifteen times each now. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when the third comes out, but I'm considering piratical internet adventures since nowhere within a six hour drive would sell it.

yihdego
2008-06-07, 12:04 PM
6 hours? Normally I would recommend supporting your local comic book store but do what you've got to do to get issue 3. Easily the most exciting one to date.

fifthfiend
2008-06-07, 08:17 PM
Kick Ass is like a joke where the punchline is that people actually pay money for it. It is the most soul-suckingly awful thing ever produced in this or any other medium.

comicshorse
2008-06-10, 08:49 AM
Kick Ass is like a joke where the punchline is that people actually pay money for it. It is the most soul-suckingly awful thing ever produced in this or any other medium.

You don't think you might be exagerating a bit here ?
Granted the whole 'what would a super-hero be like in the real world' theme has pretty much been done to death, But Kick Ass is at least a competently put together variation on this theme. If not as brilliant as the authors appear to believe.
That said though I'm buying it my mates, who nick my comics and read them, don't bother with it.

fifthfiend
2008-06-10, 02:41 PM
the whole 'what would a super-hero be like in the real world' theme has pretty much been done to death

That would be my concern if Kick Ass were a comic book that had anything to do with that.

Instead what Kick Ass is about is a retard getting beaten to death by Racial Stereotype __________, with bonus "Mark Millar is a 40 year old man who thinks mentioning Youtube every two panels makes him a totally happenin' dude".

comicshorse
2008-06-11, 06:47 PM
Good point