PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania movie

DarthArminius
2008-06-07, 03:27 PM
What do people here expect in a Castlevania movie?

They are making one.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-06-07, 03:37 PM
The things that I want, by AK:

1) That the movie is NOT a monumental screw up.

2) That it picks an interesting Belmont as the protagonist (Richter or Trevor FTW!).

3) That Alucard appears and is prominent, in all his badass glory.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-06-07, 03:41 PM
If the phrase 'miserable pile of secrets' crops up, I will be happy.

Solo
2008-06-07, 08:58 PM
Uwe Bowel had better stay far away from such a movie.

Steven the Lich
2008-06-07, 09:09 PM
I suggest that it is not a Belmont protagonist, but there should be a belmont.
It would be a unique turn for the movie to involve a female protagonist as well. It would not be out of the question, since in a unreleased game of Castlevania, a female Belmont would have been the main character, and in another one there was a female and male protagonist. I only say this... they keep clothes on her, we already have enough scantily clad woman going about in the fantasy genre.
They must involve Alucard (He is by far my favorite character in the Castlevania series).
They should involve a battle with Dracula involving this song...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnf2Xu0rpdo&feature=related
When they get to the battle I mean.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-06-07, 09:15 PM

The guy doing it is the one behind the Alien Versus Predator movie (The first one, at least).

Mr. Scaly
2008-06-07, 11:10 PM

You mispelled his name. :smallbiggrin:

Five bucks says there will be a helpless female lead whom Dracula/Alucard seduces.

Oregano
2008-06-08, 05:29 AM
I hope it isn't too campy and goes for a more dark motif or some such, or it isn't really corny because it's based on a video game.

RationalGoblin
2008-06-08, 08:53 AM
There's already a Castlevania movie. It's called the original Dracula movie.

Solo
2008-06-08, 09:11 AM
You mispelled his name. :smallbiggrin:

I don't believe I did.

Steven the Lich
2008-06-08, 10:45 AM
There's already a Castlevania movie. It's called the original Dracula movie.
Well, that Dracula hardly even comes close to the Dracula of the Castlevania series. Name and thats it. Dracula in Castlevania is an entity of Chaos itself, and is said to be capable of purging the world. And he certainly has that idea. A special whip is needed to kill him (Or a special lineage, such is the case of Alucard), and even then he can come back to life through the artifact called the Crimson Stone. He commands legions of monsters that are derived from legends and myths. Castlevania is also a key plot item itself, since it is in its own way alive, and it also changes form every time it forms to confuse the wanderers in it.
The other Dracula isn't nearly as god like.

Gorbash
2008-06-08, 11:12 AM
I don't believe I did.

Yeah, you did. His name is actually Eww Balls.

Mr. Scaly
2008-06-08, 02:14 PM
Yeah, you did. His name is actually Eww Balls.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

oh, maybe he can play one of the generic minions who gets diced.

Skyrocket
2008-06-08, 04:20 PM
I read somewhere that Warren Ellis worked on the script for this film. If they get decent director and go with his stuff I'm sure it'll be pretty good.

nothingclever
2008-06-08, 07:26 PM
What I want to see is an epic reenactment of how Dracula is fought in the games. I want Dracula to have several really well animated forms and changing scenery when he is fighting the hero. I'd also like to see some cool eye symbolism or some freaky stuff like the Aria of Sorrow final boss.

Dryken
2008-06-11, 02:37 AM
I read somewhere that Warren Ellis worked on the script for this film. If they get decent director and go with his stuff I'm sure it'll be pretty good.

yeah, that's the Castlevania animated movie trilogy that'll be a straight to dvd release. The blog on it all can be found here:

http://castlevaniadraculascurse.com/