PDA

View Full Version : The Anoziran [4e]

Sequinox
2008-06-09, 05:12 PM
The Anoziran
Like Arizona but backwards and without the n!
BASIC TRAITS I like caps lock
Average Height: 6'1'' to 8'4''
Average Weight: 160 to 240 pounds
Ability Scores: +2 Wisdom
Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Normal
Languages: Anon, Common
Skill Bonuses: +2 Nature
Flight: An anoziran can fly 8 squares in 1 round as an alternative to walking. For prolonged flight, and Anoziran can fly 3/4 of a minute per point of strength.

I would make some power for them, but I'm not sure what I would do for a power. I want it to be like a divine spell-like thing, though.

Play an Anoziran if you want...

To be a religious, nomadic bird creature from the desert.

To combine religious fervor with skill in combat.

To be a creature that works well as a paladin, cleric, or shaman (a class that I plan to make after the gunslinger, which I will make after this.)

Fluff
Anozirans are bird creatures that have a very strong belief in nature and animals. They are very tall and have wings for arms. At the end of their wings are claws that are as versatile as a human's hands. They are covered in feathers of varying color. They usually wear nothing, or at the most a set of robes that are made out of cloth. They function as armor.
The average Anoziran life span is about one hundred and twenty years, though some die even fifty years later than that, and some die even fifty years younger than that, both of natural causes. How fast they age depends on the indibivual.

I know that it isn't much, but that's all I have so far. If anyone has suggestion, PLEASE post. I need help with this, my first 4e creation.

spamoo
2008-06-09, 11:15 PM
My only complaint with this race is the fact that it only has one ability bonus. This puts it to a disadvantage to other races and makes it less usable overall. I would suggest Strength as you mention their combat prowess. You migh also want to consider moving the flight time to Constitution instead of Strength, but either would actually work.

RTGoodman
2008-06-09, 11:27 PM
I don't think it's a problem, but that much flight is WAY better than most comparable abilities in 4E. I mean, as far as I can tell, all flight powers are "until the end of the encounter, or for 5 minutes" or something like that. Assuming average of 10 Str, that's 7 1/2 minutes of flight from 1st level. Not sure how to fix it, though; I wouldn't mind a flying race, it doesn't really line up with everything else.

I'd almost do it like the 3.5 Raptoran. Start out with gliding and no falling damage (or something - I don't remember the flight rules from 4E yet), then a feat for light flight, and then a feat (maybe epic tier, but definitely paragon-level) for better flight. I'd limited flight to a couple of minutes at most, or as an encounter power of some sort. Actually, you could just base it on the Angelic Avenger's wing-related thing.

Also, the phrase "play an Anoziran if you want to be a religious, nomadic bird creature from the desert" brought a special joy to my heart.