PDA

View Full Version : The Donald expedition

Bloody Chaplain
2008-06-11, 10:39 PM
Frank Christon watched the tiger as it stalked through the bamboo forest towards the deer. He followed the graceful big cat with barrel of his rifle, not daring to fire until it had taken down the deer, he was downwind and knew it would be concentrating more on its meal then its surroundings. The deer looked up, and after a moment or two bolted, the tiger let out a growl and gave chase, Frank fired and cursed as the .30 round punctured through bamboo and went wild.

He stood up from his hiding spot and picked up his gear. Letting his anger roll off him. It wouldn’t do to go hunting a dangerous cat angry; he’d known men who had died doing just that. He heard the familiar roar of a helicopter, it was coming closer he noticed and staying low over the canopy he watched it circle an area and set down a few hundred yards from his position. He decided what the hell and followed the sound of the dying engine.

The helicopter’s blades finally stopped spinning and the engine quieted down, the side door opened and a short balding man with a gray beard stepped out, behind him a man in a black suit stepped out carrying an AK-47. The short man looked strange with his fancy blue suit and gold topped ebony cane, and when he pulled out a microphone he seemed even stranger. “Frank! Frank! Frank Christon!” He shouted.

Frank didn’t think they were going to hurt him but just to be safe he reloaded his rifle and walked into the clearing. The short man had turned and continued shouting into the megaphone but the man with the gun tapped him on the shoulder and spun him around. “Are you Mr. Christon?” He asked through the megaphone unnecessarily.

“Yeah, and you are?” Frank replied.

“Donald Fener. And this is my associate and bodyguard Mr. Cepari.” Frank shook both of their hands quickly.

“Alright, any reason why you came out to the middle of the Chinese jungle to find me?”

“Like to get right down to business don't we. Well no matter, I would like you to lead an expedition for me.”

Frank had talked to his kind before, rich ass’s that wanted a rare pelt or head but were to lazy to get it themselves. He wasn’t a sell out unlike some of the other hunters he had known. “Yeah what’s in it for me?”

“What if I could make you a millionaire? Hmm. Would that be good enough?” Frank stared at him aghast. Slowly he nodded. “Ahh well as I thought.” Fener started to guide him into the helicopter but he stopped himself just outside the door.

“What exactly am I trying to find?” He asked. Fener opened the door and pulled out a manila envelope and handed Frank the pictures.

“Are… Are these real?”

Fener stepped into the helicopter with a grin plastered to his face. “Yes. Yes they are.”

“I have eight humvees fitted for combat duty, ten with dozer head modifications and another twenty to carry troops and supplies. Forty jeep wranglers, four of which have special modifications to allow for an additional five men to ride in. Thirty-five of the smaller Honda dirt bikes, then another ten of the larger ones with side cars, and about sisxty ATV’s. Then we have five unimogs for transporting the creatures. Along with M35 supply trucks just for larger camp supplies and two big RV’s, one for HQ usage and the other to house the helicopter.” The man in forest camo tallied off.

“All of these go off road you said?” Frank asked.

“Yes’r even the RV’s took some special modifications but they’ll do alright even on the bumpiest roads.” The man answered.

“Very good, you can go.” The man nodded and walked towards a group of people welding something to a humvee. He started to bellow at them, Frank turned away and walked back up to his makeshift office as men scrambled to get the jungle painted vehicles ready for next weeks trip.

“Mr. Christon?” Frank stopped and turned around to see a man in a tan business suit walk up to him. “I am George Salmen, Mr. Donald’s representative. He asked me to give you this list of weaponry and see if it’s adequate.” He handed a clipboard to Frank who eyed it.

“Wait 150 FN Scars, 200 G3s, 400 Marlin 898s, 200 five-sevens 50 JM injection rifles, and 800 normal rounds per weapon and an additional 500 tranquilizer rounds for the JM. What’s all this for, we’re just hunting a fricken dinosaur, this isn’t some military organization.”

“Mr. Christon please this is a secret, my employer has received some information that a rival team funded by the BioTech corporation is going in to try and get one of these animals first. He also assures me they will probably try to kill you to achieve those ends. Also please don’t use that word; we don’t need anybody talking of velociraptors or T-Rex’s to the public. Not yet anyways.” He pulled a pen from his pocket and handed it to frank. “Plus, 380 men go in, we don’t know what will be in there either, better safe then sorry. So does it meet your approval?”

He signed it. “Yes.”

“Good!” The man bushed it into his black brief case and snapped it shut. “Change of plans though we have everything we need so you’ll be leaving tomorrow afternoon. I’ll be at the docks to get everything loaded on to the ships, see you then.” The man left Frank standing in the middle of the garage as he walked out.

Frank watches as the dense rain forest parted before the dozer humvees. The convoy of vehicles stretched out behind them, every now and then camouflaged men with rifles slung over their backs rode past on equally camouflaged quads, even a jeep passed the RV. But the caravan itself still slowly crawled through the Amazon River basin. When the sun finally was lost from the group Frank ordered the convoy to set up camp from the night. The dozer humvees stopped and then one by one they all stopped. The bikes and quads came back and were re-docked into one of the M35’s for need of further use.

Frank stepped out of the RV and approached his second in command Damion Miller. “Everything stowed?” He asked.

“Yes’r,” his second replied handing him a small flask. He took a big swig and handed it back.

“So tomorrow we need to at least cover 400 miles. Get the men up about five o’clock and be ready to move by six. I want to be at the edge of the valley by next Friday.”

“Yes sir.” His second saluted and moved off to talk to the other leaders. He unrolled his bedroll and went to sleep under one of the jeeps with his rifle by his side.

Donald Fener, a multi-billionaire was contacted by a man who found pictures of a velociraptor nesting ground on a cell phone and a proposal. Interested the offer he organized a massive 380-man expedition to go into the area the man had found and withdraw, dead or alive, dinosaur specimens. A spy in his company got wind and contacted Donald’s rival corporation BioTech, with the coordinates. They then put together another expedition.

Your character will play a hired on member of the Donald expedition, in whatever position you like (keep it reasonable, no supreme leader bull sh**) while exploring this strange newly discovered world.This is a realistic thread (you know what I mean) no magic powers, or robots, the closest thing you will find to a sword will probably be a machete or a bowie knife. There will not just be dinosaurs and rival people to fight though, as well as some more natural baddies the public doesn't and won't know, but that is enough for now. Have fun and enjoy.