PDA

View Full Version : Eyes I Dare Not Meet in Dreams... [Creature]

The Demented One
2008-06-11, 11:05 PM
Zynynnok

http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs21/300W/i/2007/239/5/c/Another_CN_outsider_by_Nny2.jpg

Size/Type: Huge Outsider (Chaotic, Extraplanar, Psionic)
Hit Dice: 15d8+60 (127 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 21 (-2 size, +1 Dex, +12 natural), touch 9, flatfooted 20
Base Attack/Grapple: +15/+31
Attack: Bite +21 melee (2d6+8)
Full Attack: Bite +21 melee (2d6+8) and Four Tentacles +18 melee (1d8+4)
Space/Reach: 15 ft./15 ft. (25 ft. with tentacles)
Special Attacks: Gaze attack, improved grab, project self, swallow whole
Special Qualities: All-around vision, damage reduction 10/lawful, darkvision 60 ft., fast healing 3, madspawn, resistance to acid 10 and sonic 10
Saves: Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +5
Abilities: Str 26, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 4, Wis 1, Cha 18
Skills: Concentration +10, Intimidate +6, Listen +2, Search +3, Spot +2
Feats: Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Awesome Blow, Psionic Fist, Greater Psionic Fist, Psionic Meditation
Environment: Limbo
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 11
Treasure: None
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Advancement: 16-24 HD (Huge), 25-32 HD (Gargantuan), 33-40 HD (Colossal)
Level Adjustment: –

The t'Zynynnok'yuss'zoyxkdy'mos, Zynynnok for short, is a race of chaotic outsiders that inhabit the Plane of Limbo. A Zynynnok’s body is like a swollen, massive tumor the size of four men, perched on spindly, arachnid legs. Four tentacles wave spastically around it, and its mouth occupies its entire head, a gaping maw full of jagged teeth. A Zynynnok is surrounded by a cloud of levitating eyes, which constantly move, sweeping the entire area around it. The Zynynnok is constantly eating these floating eyes, and new eyes are constantly budding off of its cancerous flesh. Zynynnoks roam the Plane of Limbo, and adventurers encountering them are advised to be extremely wary. They have no set pattern of behavior–they are just as likely to ambush a party of sleeping adventurers as they are to begin babbling randomly to them, posing no harm whatsoever.

The one common trend is their obsessive tendencies--Zynynnoks seem to obsess over completely random things in sporadic bursts. A single Zynynnok might obsess over scissors for a few hours, then fixate on the poetry of a long-dead civilization for a handful of decades, and then compulsively perform simple arithmetic operations for a few milliseconds. Adventurers who are capable of picking up on a Zynynnok’s current obsession may be able to establish peaceful relations with it by offering gifts of the object of obsession or speaking about the topic the Zynynnok is obsessing over currently.

Gaze Attack (Su)
A Zynynnok has a number of different gaze attacks, only one of which it can use each round. Any creature within 45 ft. of a Zynynnok that can see it is subject to its gaze attack. A Zynynnok’s gaze attack has a DC of 21; the save is Charisma-based. The gaze attacks a Zynynnok can use are:

Incinerating Gaze: All creatures caught in a Zynynnok’s incinerating gaze take 7d6 fire damage, with a Fortitude save for half. Those that fail their save also catch on fire.

Madness Gaze: All creatures caught in a Zynynnok’s madness gaze must make a Will save or be confused for 3d6 rounds.

Shocking Gaze: All creatures caught in a Zynynnok’s shocking gaze take 7d6 electricity damage, with a Fortitude save for half. Those that fail their save must then make a Will save or be unable to take any actions in their next round.

Improved Grab (Ex)
To use this ability, a Zynynnok must hit a Large or smaller creature with its tentacle attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can try to swallow the opponent in the following round.

Project Self (Ps)
A Zynynnok can manifest remote viewing at will as a psi-like ability, manifester level 15th. While using this ability, it sees as though under the effect of the psionic true seeing power. In addition, it may also use clairtangent hand at will while using this ability.

Swallow Whole (Ex)
A Zynynnok can try to swallow a grabbed opponent of Large or smaller size by making a successful grapple check. Once inside, the opponent takes 1d6+4 points of bludgeoning damage plus 1d6+4 points of acid damage per round from its digestive juices. A swallowed creature can cut its way out by dealing 30 points of damage to its digestive tract (AC 16). Once the creature exits, muscular action closes the hole; another swallowed opponent must cut its own way out. A Zynynnok’s gullet can hold 2 Large, 8 Medium, 32 Small, or 128 Tiny or smaller creatures.

All-Around Vision (Ex)
A Zynynnok’s hovering cloud of eyes allow it to look in any direction, providing a +4 racial bonus on Spot and Search checks. A Zynynnok can’t be flanked.

Madspawn (Ex)
Zynynooks have minds that are completely alien, completely insane by mortal standards. They are immune to confusion or insanity-like effects, and are not affected by Wisdom damage, drain, or burn, or by penalties to Wisdom.

Stycotl
2008-06-11, 11:38 PM
very weird. but certainly interesting. i am torn though. i look at it, and it feels a little weak for cr 11, even with the high grapple/decent save dc/etc. i think it could go to cr 9 even, or give it 3 or 4 strong psi-like abilities, or minor manifesting, and keep it at 11.

Jack Mann
2008-06-12, 02:36 AM
Ah, I was wondering when we'd see stats for Chucko. When are you going to stat up Larry?

EvilElitest
2008-06-13, 04:33 PM
while i don't know the reference, i love your little illustration
from
EE

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-06-13, 04:35 PM
while i don't know the reference, i love your little illustration
from
EE

That would be an illustration of mine. :biggrin: