PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Avatar class initiative

Ceiling009
2008-06-12, 01:25 PM
Since I've been heavily reading the books, and though we're missing the monk class... I feel that 4 edition DnD really simplifies class making, while in turn makes it really really really complicated and difficult (that whole daunting 70 powers thing really). So anyway...

These are my ideas for what I think the bending classes would be like in 4e...

Bender
Roles: Striker/Controller
Power Source: Ki
Key Abilities: Wisdom, Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution

Armor Proficiencies: Cloth, Leather, Hide
Weapon Proficiencies: Path Choice
Implements: Gauntlets
Bonus to Defense: +1 Fort/Reflex

Hit points at 1st level: 12 + Constitution
Hit points per level: 5
Healing Surges per day: 6 + Con mod

Trained Skills: From the class list below, choose 4 trained skills at first level.
Class Skills: Acrobatics (Dex), Arcana (Int), Athletics (Str), Endurance (Con), Heal (Wis), Insight (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), and Nature (Wis)

Build Options: Fire, Water, Earth, Air
Class Features: Elemental Blast, Unarmed Training, Elemental Mastery, Elemental Path

Benders are Martial Ascetics that master one of the four traditional elements, controlling them through the use of Ki. Each elemental path, Fire, Water, Earth, and Air, have different philosophies, though each being a martial path, all have extensive use in either Dexterity or Strength; while each of the esoteric qualities of the elements use Wisdom. Their powers are called forms

Bender Class Features

Unarmed Training
As a martial artist and ascetic Benders are trained in using their unarmed strikes to hit with accuracy and power. They gain a +1 class bonus to proficiency to unarmed strikes per tier, and step up their unarmed once for every tier. Using shields denies any enhancement bonus granted by gauntlets.

Elemental Blast
Every Bender has an elemental ranged attack; its effects are different on their path. All benders have the Elemental Blast At Will Seed.

Elemental Mastery
A bender masters their element, and thus has immense control over it. They can use the Draw Element at will seed and Shape Element At Will Seed. They also get a +1 to attack with Forms if immersed in their element.

Draw Element
At-will ✦ Ki
Minor Action Range 10
Effect: You can move a cube of your element a number of squares equal to your wisdom modifier.

Shape Element
At-will ✦ Ki
Standard Action Range 10
Effect: You can shape your element into simple items, or use it to move other items.

Elemental Path
Each elemental path follows on element, and each determines the quality of the at-will, encounter, and daily powers; it also determines your second at-will power. You also gain a path bonus…

Fire
The path of fire is one of power and passion. Strength beats over Dexterity on this path, where unarmed strikes and heavy blades take precedence for attacks. You can also use the Burning Strike At-will form.
Child of the Sun: Damage for your forms is stepped up by one size during the day.

Water
The path of water revolves around patience and flexibility. Dexterity is mainly used for your snaking strikes and intense control over flails. You can also use Water Whip at-will form.
Child of the Moon: Damage for your forms is stepped up by one size during the night.

Earth
The path of Earth is steadfast and unmoving, and hammers are you weapon of choice. Constitution is your main focus, with your attacks and general presence; though strength is passing concern.
Mountain Armor: You receive a +1 bonus to AC as long as you have not moved this turn, until the end of next turn.

Air
The path of air is free and easy going, but wise; your staff is your guide. Wisdom and Dexterity define your attacks, circular and swift. You can use the Air Burst at-will power.
Body of Air: You gain additional square to your movement and a +5 bonus to jump checks.

Implements
Gauntlets: Gauntlets add their enhancement bonus to unarmed strikes and any forms that have the implement keyword.

At-Will Powers

Elemental Blast
At-will ✦ Ki, Fire, Cold, Acid, Thunder
Standard Action Range 10
Target: One Creature
Attack: Dexterity or Strength vs AC
Hit: 1d10 + Dexterity or Strength modifier damage; half dependent on path choice. Increase to 2d10 + Dexterity or Strength modifier damage at 21st level.

Burning Strike
At-will ✦ Ki, Fire
Standard Action
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier + Wisdom modifier fire damage.
At 21st level it increases to 2[W] + Strength modifier + Wisdom modifier fire damage.
Miss: Wisdom modifier fire damage.
Special: Fire Path only

Water Whip
At-will ✦ Ki, Implement
Standard Action
Attack: Dexterity+2 vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d4 + Wisdom modifier damage
At 21st level it increases to 4d4 + Wisdom modifier.
Special: This power functions like a standard melee attack and has reach.
Special: Water path only

Earth Spike
At-will ✦ Ki, Acid, Implement
Standard Action Range 6
Target: Each creature in the square
Attack: Constitution vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 + Wisdom modifier damage, half acid; and targets are slowed until the end of you next turn.
At 21st level it increases to 2d6 + Wisdom modifier.
Special: the square affected is considered difficult terrain until the end of the encounter.
Special: Earth path only

Air Burst
At-will ✦ Ki, Thunder, Implement
Standard Action Burst 3
Target: Each creature in burst
Attack: Wisdom vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 + Dexterity modifier damage, half thunder; and targets are pushed 1 square.
At 21st level it increases to 2d6 + Wisdom modifier.
Miss: Target is pushed back 1 square

Feel free to completely dismantle, re-write and post, and what not; it took a while just to get through the at-wills... the encounters and Dailies, including utilities to level 30... that's going to be a real pain the butt...

Edited: Add path bonuses and did some reformatting.

GrandDukeJerot
2008-06-12, 03:41 PM
Personally, I don't like the elemental touch. Water as Cold is somewhat dubious, and Earth as Acid + Wind as Thunder is something that I think we need to do. Fire as Fire is good, but don't give the others elemental damage. Also, going on what they've done in the 3.5 thread, I think that all types of bending should have Wisdom bonus added to the At Will powers.

However, I'm not too familiar with 4th, specifically with how the powers can be made. Some things I would like to see from this thread are:

Some kind of At-will power for Airbenders that gives you a huge dodge bonus.
Earthbending At-will that knocks people over (rock smashing them over the head)
Massive fire bending explosion daily or per encounter attack.
Waterbending Healing.

Ceiling009
2008-06-12, 04:52 PM
These are at-will. Encounters are where people get bonus, give new effects, and the like. From my understanding of the game balance, at wills are almost always attacks (those that you get to choose), and they basically had a little more than a basic attack. And water as cold as dubious? Seriously? That's the only that's nearly spot on from 3.5, other than the obvious fire. I meant to give the waterbender's whip + wisdom mod damage and not + dex mod damage. Also, about the elemental touch, it's what they did? Like both the fire and water benders were elemental, or given a +5 in DC in any form they were... and even Air had the ability to use sonic damage. Only earth had no real way to use elemental or non-physical damage...so all powers tied to the benders i figure are going to be elemental in some way or another. You can change the names or whatever, but sooner or later air is going to use sonic or thunder damage, water is definitely going to use cold damage, and fire already uses fire, but will use lightning soon, and earth... well earth... sucks, so I put in acid, since that's the DnD analogue anyway. anyway If I sounded sort of irked about the cold thing, it's cause it's something that is seriously part of the 3.5 version of the benders... and I really gotta wonder. I'm not really snarky about it either.

Daracaex
2008-06-12, 08:36 PM
Darn. This is what I get for being too slow. But now to make comments.

First thing to do is to split this into four classes. We're going to want many powers for each class (plus the powers relating to alternate bending forms, such as sandbending or bloodblending), so organization will be a lot easier with four different classes. Another reason is that I think the benders are different enough to warrant separate attributes for each class, such as different skills and levels of armor. For example, earthbenders can handle more armor than others and airbenders wear none at all (or very little. There's not many left, you know :smallwink:).

GrandDukeJerot
2008-06-12, 08:59 PM
These are at-will. Encounters are where people get bonus, give new effects, and the like. From my understanding of the game balance, at wills are almost always attacks (those that you get to choose), and they basically had a little more than a basic attack. Ah, that makes sense. Thank you for clarifying that.

And water as cold as dubious? Seriously? That's the only that's nearly spot on from 3.5, other than the obvious fire. I mrant that for Water Whips, not water in general. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I was saying that because you never see Ice Whips, which means that it would be normal water. But I understand if you're going to give it to waterbending in general.

Also, about the elemental touch, it's what they did? Like both the fire and water benders were elemental, or given a +5 in DC in any form they were... and even Air had the ability to use sonic damage. Only earth had no real way to use elemental or non-physical damage...so all powers tied to the benders i figure are going to be elemental in some way or another. You can change the names or whatever, but sooner or later air is going to use sonic or thunder damage, water is definitely going to use cold damage, and fire already uses fire, but will use lightning soon, and earth... well earth... sucks, so I put in acid, since that's the DnD analogue anyway. anyway If I sounded sort of irked about the cold thing, it's cause it's something that is seriously part of the 3.5 version of the benders... and I really gotta wonder. I'm not really snarky about it either.

I'm a little rusty on the Bending classes, all I really remembered beyond the seeds and the basic damage was the wisdom bonus. I guess I'm going to have to bone up on them if I want to work on this more (hehe, bone). And I guess I understand the elemental thing now. Thanks for the clarification.

@ Daracaex: I don't think we need to split this into four classes, we can just put limiting paths (like choose an element: you can only use seeds with that element) and then have general moves that all benders have in common. Then, we could have lots of archetypes (those thingies you choose at level 11 for your class), some specific (water healer), some general (Asetic Warrior[coming up with made up name])

Eighth_Seraph
2008-06-12, 09:04 PM
So...this is a complete departure from the Avatar project, then? This looks suspiciously like a caster class with Avatar flavor, which is what the Version 1 benders essentially were. That's not a problem (this is a homebrew forum, after all), but I don't think it would work as part of the overall project.

My idea for the 4e project kept most of what we've already made essentially the same, using the seed system and some revamping of damage progression. The bending classes would essentially have had an enormously broad amount of at-will powers that would have been the equivalent of the forms we have now, with little or no encounter or per-day powers. Because the powers are the equivalent of forms, the player would be able to make all sorts of custom powers, though I was going to make a supply of sample and base powers to start off with. But that's my idea. This is yours.

What do you want to do here? What's your central feature? In other words, what part of this system are you unwilling to compromise? I would separate these into four classes as the very first step. Also, are you scrapping the seed idea completely and going with powers? Details, man!

GrandDukeJerot
2008-06-12, 10:07 PM
I'm just here to work on something. If Mephiboseth comes out with a 4e thread, I would work on that one as well (assuming that this one does not dissolve in that eventuality.) And yeah, it seems like there would be very few daily powers, but wouldn't there be a couple of encounter powers? They'd be big area of effect moves designed to end the fight.

Ceiling009
2008-06-12, 11:43 PM
Yes, it's almost a complete departure, for two reasons; one game balance and two, the way encounter powers work is pretty much the same as at wills during the course of a day; pretty much unlimited. it's a rough idea of everything; but the real problem I have with the way the 3.5 works right now, is that it's 4 different classes; sort of... cause there's very little that distinguishes each apart from philosophy and some of the more direct seeds mechanically. The only things that seriously stood apart I thought were in the end were the seeds, and the way you can get as many attacks as possible. But the philosophy differences and the way you attack... I can see as modeled as one class in 4e.

In 4e, from reading the classes over, that there are serious differences between power styles, like two fighters are still easily distinguished from each due to power choices; while in 3.5 they were not. The thing is that I'd rather stick closer to the newer system, everything is less vague when it comes to powers and attack values. With a free form DC system in 3.5, that's not something that would translate easily.

See, the thing about splitting them into different classes is that, you forget about the paragon paths, which then can be filled by more specialized or extra bending styles; like Bloodbending, Healing Disciple, Sandbending and Metal Bending.

I based this build on the warlock, like meph's 3.5 v1 benders. And while those Warlocks may interchangeably pick between pact powers, their boons stay the same, so a fey pact warlock plays a little differently from an infernal warlock. And since there is no BaB or iterative attacks, powers are what are going differentiate what each bender would be like. All benders seem to have pretty much the same class features, the ability to draw their element, deflect attacks, and a new movement rate (or something equivalent).

Also, if split into 4 classes... that 280 powers. Which if you look through seed list, a few are redundant, and a few are really specific. Also, I'm thinking about implementing something like that pact boon to each element path, so that things like body of air, child of the moon/sun... and the poor lacking earth bender (might give him something like a +1 to ac), so as to better model those.

As for the caster feel, a few opponents of the new system did mention that all classes feel caster-y with "powers" and the like... I think, and the benders though theoretical martial or ki like, feel caster ish, is for all intents purposes do magical things. Floating in the air, conjuring fire, healing people with a touch, and moving rocks with your mind... don't they sound caster-y?

GrandDukeJerot
2008-06-13, 12:52 AM
I'm still on board with this then, even if Mephibosheth makes his own thread for it.

Ceiling 009: Yes, bending is caster-y, but it is basically magical martial arts. The somatic components are so completely intertwined, that I feel that this would be most appropriate as a mix of physical and metaphysical moves. If we could have some at will powers that were lest of blasts, and more of enhanced punches/kicks/etc, with a Str or Dex bonus, then I think it could allow for a myriad of types of benders. You could play a musclehead (The Boulder) or a veritable sage of bending (Vinebender guy who makes the giant vine body), or anything between. The best thing about keeping it in one class, I think is that making an Avatar is simple. They just don't have to pick a type of bending, and can use certain types of bending as soon as they have been taught by someone of an appropriate level in that said bending.

Ceiling009
2008-06-13, 01:39 AM
Well, sure, I mean, I'd still like to keep to the encounters and dailies... but right now, I'm still hammering out the basics; so those, with like enhanced strikes and the like, will get there sooner or later?

as of right now, I can't think of a way to allow deflect attack... to work? Since lack of proficiency in anything doesn't mean you can't use it... but I'm weary of allowing a shield like bonus for a class that's meant to be something like a hybrid of striker and controller.

I've currently added path bonuses, kinda like Pact Boon...

Ceiling009
2008-06-14, 01:18 AM
I've made some feats for the path types, not quite explicitly improving their path bonuses...

Heroic

Sun Warrior [Bender]
Prerequisite: Bender, Fire Path
Benefit: You gain Fire Resistance 5 and additional 5 for every tier after heroic.

Moon’s Blessing [Bender]
Prerequisite: Bender, Water Path
Benefit: You gain a +1 to hit and attack at night.

Forest Covers Mountain [Bender]
Prerequisite: Bender, Earth Path
Benefit: When you use Mountain Armor, you also gain concealment.

Cloud Cover [Bender]
Prerequisite: Bender, Air Path
Benefit: When you move more than 3 squares you gain a +1 AC bonus until the end of your next turn.

Also Another power for Elemental Mastery

Deflect Attack
Encounter ✦ Ki
Immediate Reaction Personal
Trigger: A range attack hits you
Effect: You can instead deflect the attack to another square directly adjacent you.
Special: You lose your standard action on your next turn.

As a level 1 power... that seems almost way too strong. I don't really know how to go about that, since from the old editions version, every bender has it, though in the show it's rather difficult to say... since in the old version you gave up an iterative attack... the new edition doesn't have iterative, so it's basically a "no, you can't do that" to one ranged attack per encounter. It either doesn't sound immensely strong, but really, it is. Especially for it's level. I in fact, am not even sure, if i should bother keeping it... since even shield from the wizard power list isn't till level 2, and it's only a +4 AC bonus.

GrandDukeJerot
2008-06-14, 09:55 AM
Very cool, ceiling. I like the feats.

As for Deflect Attack, you could make opposing rolls. So, your opponent would make an Attack Roll, which you could oppose with a bending check. If you succeed, it's deflected, but if you fail, you still lose the standard action.

Shades of Gray
2008-06-14, 04:18 PM
I'd actually think that this would be more suitable

Fire- Striker
Water- Leader
Earth- Defender
Air- Controller

Air would keep enemies away/ at bay
Earth would either melee, or keep enemies away from allies with walls and the like.
Water would heal and revitalize.
Fire would blast.

Air would have trickster or Wind master as its builds (sneaky/tricky or more of moving enemies)
Earth would have earth fighter or Earth Shaper (melee, or obstacles)
Water would have either healer or Water priest (heals or buffs)
Fire would have blaster or Warrior (ranged or meleee)

Air-trickster would run on cha. Wind master would work with Int.
Earth Fighter would run on str/con, shaper would run on wis/con
Water would run on Wis for all, and some INT.
Fire would run on Wis as well. And STR/CON for warrior. DEX/CON for blaster

my two cents

Ceiling009
2008-06-14, 05:04 PM
Hmmm... The opposing rolls seems so counter intuitive to the design philosophy of 4e, since you want combat to be fast and more stream lined. So as a power, you want a simple rule resolution mechanic or something just pretty much "happens". Like, there aren't any(?) combat maneuvers that require opposing rolls or skill checks... except a few rogue utility powers (I think?).

As for what the elements tend to do in terms of role, I agree. But at the same time, I still want to keep this one class, since that means every element basically get's a rehash of utilities, some attack powers, and even some at wills. I think essentially, all of elements are striker-y and controller-y, with some really tending to get near to leader, or defender. Like water is both striker and leader, while earth is controller and defender, while fire is almost straight striker; though they can use control, and air is actually more controller and striker.

So I've sort of come to some conclusion on how to make powers in this class; all encounters are going to be multi-path, as in they be taken from two different paths, and may have something different depending on the path, while dailies are going to be tied directly to the path. Utilities will be more like the encounters, some are obviously only for a few paths though.

Ceiling009
2008-06-14, 06:40 PM
I've finished up the first level Encounter powers and Daily Powers... though, I think some aren't quite matched up for power...

Encounter Powers

Shards Bender Attack 1
Encounter ✦ Ki, Energy, Implement
Standard Action Range 10
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 2d8 + Wisdom modifier damage; half Energy (dependent on path choice).
Special: Water path - the target is also immobilized until then end of your next turn.

Break Sweep Bender Attack 1
Standard Action
Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier damage; half Energy (dependent on path choice); and the target grants combat advantage until end of next turn.
Special: Fire Path - Miss: Wisdom modifier Fire damage.

Flowing Strike Bender Attack 1
Standard Action
Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier damage; half Energy (dependent on path choice); and target is pushed 1 square.
Special: Air Path – You may add Wisdom modifier to damage roll.

Dual Spike Bender Attack 1
Standard Action Range 6
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC, two attacks
Hit: 1d8 + Wisdom modifier damage; half Energy (dependent on path choice)
Special: Earth Path – If both attacks hit target cannot shift until the end of your next turn.

Daily Powers

Frozen Blast Bender (Water) Attack 1
Daily ✦ Ki, Cold, Implement
Standard Action Close Blast 3
Target: Creatures in Blast
Attack: Dexterity vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d8 + Wisdom modifier damage; half Energy (dependent on path choice).
Special: Targets slowed (save ends), if targets first fail saving throw they are immobilized (save ends).

Flame Lance Bender (Fire) Attack 1
Daily ✦ Ki, Fire, Implement
Standard Action
Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier damage; half Energy (dependent on path choice). Target takes ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
Miss: Half damage + Wisdom modifier fire damage; and no ongoing damage.
Special: Fire path only

Catapult Bender (Earth) Attack 1
Daily ✦ Ki, Acid, Implement
Standard Action
Attack: Constitution+2 vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d8 + Constitution modifier damage. Target is shifted Wisdom modifier square and is prone.
Miss: Wisdom modifier Acid damage.

Reaping Winds Bender (Air) Attack 1
Daily ✦ Ki, Thunder, Implement
Standard Action Close Blast 5
Target: Creatures in Blast
Attack: Wisdom vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1d8 + Wisdom modifier damage; half thunder.
Miss: Wisdom modifier Thunder damage.
Special: If a creature starts or moves to another square affected by reaping wings, they are subject to another attack.
Sustain Minor: You can sustain this power with a minor action every round until the end of the encounter.
Special: Air path only

I seriously need more ideas for forms and powers, and I'm starting the Utility powers...

What do you guys think about this set?

Daracaex
2008-06-14, 06:42 PM
I was more thinking...

Water: Controller (Leader)- Ice is included here and has a lot going for it in terms of battlefield control. It can immobilize enemies, make the ground difficult to walk on, and even some water abilities like the Octopus are pretty controlling-type moves. As a secondary, Leader is good because of water's inherit healing properties in the Avatar world. Also, it could be used for debuffs against living things because of the water in their bodies. This is where bloodbending will also come in, though that is more controller.

Earth: Defender (Striker)- It's obvious that the earthbenders are great defenders. They have the standard attack abilities, but then they also have the ability to create armor out of the rock, to throw up shields from the ground, etc. I entered striker as the secondary role because earthbending does have a lot of very heavy objects with the potential to be quite devastating. Controller wouldn't work though. Sure, earthbending could be used for battlefield control, but if you watch the show, it mostly is never used that way.

Fire: Striker (Controller)- Fire should be obvious. It's undeniable that the firebender should be a striker. I also agree on the control aspect, though this would be a very dangerous class to use control abilities with, considering the chaotic properties of fire. However, certain people, like Zuko, can use it to great effect, as seen in the Agni-Kai between Zuko and Zou early in the series, when Zuko attacks the feet to break Zou's stance. Also, Iroh's ability to redirect the path of lightning abilities is controller-ness taken straight from the waterbenders.

Air: Control (Striker)- The other one I agree with. Airbenders' mobility alone makes them great controllers because they can get wherever they need to be at the right time. Also, things like making tornadoes and neutralizing enemy attacks, no matter the element, have the same kind of control that the lightning redirection of firebenders has. And yes, though I do think airbenders are secondary strikers, they should play mostly on the defensive side of things. Aang usually resorts to his greater agility and airbending to dodge or deflect opponent attacks.

Ceiling009
2008-06-15, 02:04 AM
The power sets, especially the dailies, I think are what should define each type; I'm thinking about taking off any path restrictions to encounters, and putting a path bonus, like the fighter weapon styles; if you use a certain path with the encounters, that path generally adds an effect or extra damage.

Ceiling009
2008-06-15, 04:18 AM
I finished some second Level Utility Powers, and moved Deflect attack to being a second level utility power... that means some benders won't have it?

Utility Powers

Channel Weapon
At-will ✦ Ki, Energy
Free Action Personal
Effect: You can channel your element through your weapons, including your unarmed strikes; energy dependent on path.
Special: Fire path – You gain a +1 bonus to hit with your weapon.

Cloud
Encounter ✦ Ki
Standard Action Burst 3
Effect: You summon a cloud of dust, mist, smoke, or particles to give you concealment
Special: Earth path - Sustain Minor: You may sustain the effect until the end of the encounter, and you dismiss it with a minor action.

Deflect Attack
Encounter ✦ Ki
Immediate Reaction Personal
Trigger: A range attack hits you
Effect: You can instead deflect the attack to another square directly adjacent to you.
Special: You lose your standard action on your next turn; you gain an additional use of this power for every additional tier.

Cushion
Daily ✦ Ki
Free action
Trigger: When you fall
Effect: You do not take any damage or fall prone from falling any distance.
Special: Air Path – You gain additional uses of this power equal to your Wisdom modifier.

Elemental Stride
Encounter ✦ Ki, Energy
Move Action Personal
Effect: Move a number of squares up to your speed and Wisdom modifier
Special: Water Path – squares moved through are ice.

So what do you think? I think I might have to make more feats for benders, at least for water and earth to ignore certain difficult or challenging terrain. Firebenders get bonuses to saves against effects of heat or cold, and maybe something else for Airbenders...

Also, I added this idea to make some more free form choices about bending...

Ritual Bending
You may spend a healing surge to ritualize any bending (utility) power you know, expanding either area, targets, or effect. The ritualized power takes a one minute, may require a skill check.

Basically lets you use any power, though I'm leaning mostly utility powers to be expanded upon, like Katara's giant mist, or even some of the more epic uses of powers; I figure it would also make the Seeds, as it were, to be able to do larger and more complicated things, but you gotta spend more than just time, and money is really no concern, since these are more innate abilities and need no real components.

Also, thinking about adding a flat bonus to the Air path towards athletics, like a +5 bonus to jump checks.

Ceiling009
2008-06-16, 05:12 PM
I got the Level 3 encounter powers, the Level 5 Daily's, and the Level 6 Utilities...

Level 3 Encounter Powers

Sweep Bender Attack 3
Encounter ✦ Ki, Energy
Standard Action Close Burst 3
Target: Creatures in Burst
Hit: 1d8 + Wisdom damage; half Energy.
Special: Earth path – Targets hit are also prone.

Behind the Back Bender Attack 3
Encounter ✦ Ki, Weapon
Immediate Interrupt
Trigger: Hit by a Melee attack
Effect: You immediately switch places with attacker and make an attack.
Target: Attacking creature
Hit: 2[W] damage + Strength modifier
Special: Path of Air – you shift 1 square after the attack.

Twin Lash Bender Attack 3
Encounter ✦ Ki, Energy, Weapon
Standard Action
Target: One or Two Creatures
Attack: Strength vs. Reflex
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier. If both attacks hit, targets suffer Wisdom modifier energy damage.
Special: Water path – targets hit are dazed until end of your next turn.

Two Hand Blast Bender Attack 3
Encounter ✦ Ki, Energy
Standard Action Range 10
Attack: Dexterity or Strength vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d10 + Wisdom modifier damage; half energy, enemies in adjacent squares take half damage.
Special: Fire path – Target and adjacent square also take additional Wisdom modifier fire damage; Miss: Wisdom Fire damage to target and adjacent squares.

Level 5 Daily Powers

Tentacle
Daily ✦ Ki
Standard Action Area Burst 1 within 10 squares
Target: Creatures in burst
Attack: Wisdom vs. AC
Effect: You summon a tentacle that attacks all creatures within the burst area; it may also be used to flank.
Hit: 1d10 + wisdom modifier damage
Sustain Minor: You may sustain this power with a minor action, and every time you sustain it, it attacks again; until the end of the encounter or 5 minutes.
Special: Water path only.

Blaze Axe Kick
Daily ✦ Ki, Energy
Standard Action
Special: You may shift 3 + wisdom modifier squares before the attack
Hit: 3[W] + Strength modifier + Wisdom modifier Fire damage
Miss: Strength modifier + Wisdom Modifier fire damage.

Air Scythe
Daily ✦ Ki, Energy
Standard Action Range 6
Hit: 3d6 + Wisdom modifier thunder damage.
Special: Creatures in the straight line path from you to the target take half damage.
Miss: Half damage

Double Crush
Daily ✦ Ki
Standard Action
Attack: Constitution vs. Fort
Hit: 2d6 + Constitution modifier damage; target is dazed (save ends).
Special: Earth Path Only

Level 6 Utility Powers

Column Bender Utility Power 6
Encounter ✦ Ki
Standard Action Personal
Effect: You create a column of a tangible element; use your element to propel yourself upwards in an effective and non-dangerous manner. You move vertically up squares equal to your speed + Wisdom modifier.
Sustain Minor: You may sustain the power with a minor action, and every time you sustain it you either move up or down; until then end of an encounter or 5 minutes.

Steady Stance Bender Utility Power 6
Encounter ✦ Ki, Stance
Effect: You can move through difficult terrain as it were not difficult terrain; and when you are affected by a push, pull, or slide, you move 1 less square.

Healing Waters Bender Utility Power 6
Encounter ✦ Ki, Healing
Special: You may use this power twice in an encounter, but not more than once a round, and you a gain an additional use at 16th level.
Minor Action Melee Touch
Effect: Target can spend a healing surge. You may add half you level and your wisdom modifier to the points regained.

Walk Hard Bender Utility Power 6
Encounter ✦ Ki, Stance
Minor Action Personal
Effect: Your climb speed is the same as your speed, and you can treat vertical planes of earthen material as if they were horizontal.
Special: Earth Path only

Breath of Fire Bender Utility Power 6
Encounter ✦ Ki, Stance
Minor Action Personal
Effect: You gain resistance 5 to all.
Special: Fire Path only

Air Scooter Bender Utility Power 6
Encounter ✦ Ki
Standard Action Personal
Effect: You can move over any terrain at you speed + wisdom modifier squares, but you may not attack.
Sustain Minor: You may sustain the power with a minor action, and dismiss it with a free action.
Special: Air Path only

I did move around somethings too; I'm not sure of it's updated in the posts, but I did move deflect back to being something done with Elemental or Unarmed Mastery, and added in shield again. Also, I need to change how unarmed strike works...

As a martial artist and ascetic Benders are trained in using their unarmed strikes to hit with accuracy and power. They gain a +3 class bonus to proficiency to unarmed strikes and their starting damage starts at 1d8, with a step up in size per additional tier. Using shields denies any enhancement bonus granted by gauntlets; as if you were not wearing them.

The bolded is where I want to change it...

What do you guys think? I also need more input for daily powers and encounters and utilities.

Ceiling009
2008-06-18, 01:10 AM
Finished Some more levels, now I got the level 7 encounter, level 8 dailies, and level 10 utilities.

Level 7 Encounter Powers

Whirling Vault
Encounter ✦ Ki, Energy, Implement, Teleport
Standard Action Close Burst 2
Hit: 2d6 + Wisdom modifier energy damage
Effect: You teleport 6 squares.
Special: Air path – You teleport 6 + Wisdom modifier squares.

Root Break
Standard Action Melee Weapon
Attack: Strength vs. AC, two attacks
Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier damage; half energy
Effect: If both attacks hit, make a secondary attack
Secondary Target: Same Target
Secondary Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage; half energy
Special: Fire path – If target is hit with secondary, they also grant combat advantage until end of your next turn.

Blinding Strike
Standard Action Melee or Range Weapon
Attack: Strength vs. AC or Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Strength or Dexterity modifier damage; half energy; target is blind until the end of your next turn.
Special: Earth path – Target is blinded (save ends).

Stay Still
Standard Action Range 6
Target: one or two creatures
Attack: Dexterity or Constitution vs. Fortitude, two attacks
Hit: 1d10 + Wisdom modifier damage; half energy. Target is restrained until the end of your next turn.
Special: Water path – Target is restrained (save ends).

Level 9 Daily Powers

Cold Fire
Daily ✦ Ki, Energy, Implement
Standard Action Range 6
Attack: Strength or Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 3d10 + Wisdom modifier lightning damage; target is dazed (save ends).
Special: Fire path only.

Blizzard
Standard Action Area Burst 3 within 20 squares
Hit: 2d8 + Wisdom modifier cold damage; targets hit take ongoing 5 cold damage (save ends).
Miss: Half Damage and targets slowed (save ends)
Sustain Minor: You can sustain this power as a minor action until the end of the encounter; each time you sustain it, you make another attack.
Effect: Burst area is a zone of ice, difficult terrain; until end of encounter.
Special: Water path only.

Shifting Earth
Standard Action Range 6
Target: One, Two or Three creatures no farther apart than 3 squares.
Attack: Constitution vs. Reflex, three attacks
Hit: 2d8 + Constitution modifier damage; half acid. Targets hit shift wisdom modifier squares.
Special: Earth Path only.

Gale Force
Standard Action Area Burst 3 within 20 squares
Hit: 2d8 + Wisdom modifier thunder damage. Targets are pushed 1 square and then prone.
Miss: Half Damage, and shifted 1 square.

Level 10 Utility Powers

Armor
Encounter ✦ Ki
Minor action Personal
Effect: You gain a +3 power bonus to all defenses until end of encounter

Tremor Sense
Encounter ✦ Ki, Stance
Minor Action Personal
Effect: You gain tremor sense 3 + Wisdom modifier

Flowing Air
Encounter ✦ Ki
Minor Action Range 10
Target: You or one ally
Effect: You or your ally gains your Wisdom modifier as a power bonus to attacks and damage on their next melee attack.

Burning Rush
Encounter ✦ Ki, Energy
Move Action Personal
Effect: You may shift squares up to double your speed + wisdom modifier; in a straight line.
Special: Squares you traveled are considered a zone of fire until end of encounter.

Water Walk
At-will ✦ Ki
Minor action Personal
Effect: You can walk on water as if it were land; you can end the effect as a free action. You can still dive under without breaking the effect.

There's a few I'm wondering about... Like Whirling Vault isn't so much a teleport, but more like a jump; but since I didn't want to put in a whole other clause about shifting through an enemy space (since I think you can't do that), I made it a teleport. Also, I'm looking for feedback... At some point I'll probably reformat and put up the updates I'm doing back on the first post.

Ceiling009
2008-06-19, 01:42 PM
I now have levels 13, 15, and 16 done... I also completely took out constitution as a MAD stat; and changed some powers accordingly.

Level 13 Encounter Powers

Burst Wave Bender (Water) Attack 13
Encounter ✦ Ki, Energy, Teleport, Implement
Target: All creatures in blast
Hit: 4d6 + Wisdom Modifier; half energy. Targets are then pushed 4 squares
Miss: Wisdom modifier energy damage
Special: Water Path – You may teleport 4 squares after the attack.

Choking Cloud Cover Bender (Earth) Attack 13
Encounter ✦ Ki, Energy, Zone, Implement
Standard Action Area Burst 2 within 10 squares
Target: Creature in burst
Hit: 1d10 + Wisdom modifier energy damage; targets are blinded until end of you next turn.
Effect: You create a zone of dust, ash, or mist that last until the end of your next turn. Creatures who start their turn or move into the zone suffer 1d10 + wisdom energy damage; and are blind until the end of next turn, or move out of the zone.
Special: Earth path – Sustain minor: zone prevails

Lashes of the Dragon Bender (Fire) Attack 13
Encounter ✦ Ki, Energy, Implement or Weapon
Standard Action Melee Attack
Target: One, Two or Three Creatures
Attack: Strength or Dexterity vs. AC, three attacks
Special: You may shift 1 square after every attack to another target or around the same target.
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage.
Special: Fire path – each target hit suffers additional wisdom modifier fire damage.

Flip Kick Bender (Air) Attack 13
Encounter ✦ Ki, Energy, Implement or Weapon
Immediate Interrupt Melee Weapon
Trigger: Hit by a Melee attack
Effect: You immediately switch places with attacker and make an attack.
Target: Attacking Creature
Attack: Strength vs. Reflex
Hit: 1[W] + strength modifier damage, target slides 5 squares.
Special: Air path – after the attack, you may shift wisdom modifier squares.

Level 15 Daily Powers

Circling Attack
Immediate Interrupt Range 6
Trigger: Hit by a range attack
Effect: You immediately try to redirect the attack at the attacker or to some other creature in range.
Target: Attacking Creature or one within range
Hit: Range attack damage + 2d10 + Dexterity modifier cold damage.
Special: Water Path only

Firestorm
Daily ✦ Ki, Energy, Implement or Weapon, Stance
Minor Action Personal
Effect: Anytime you successfully land a hit with any attack, you may immediately take another attack with -2 penalty until the end of the encounter.

Head on Defense
Daily ✦ Ki, Energy, Stance
Minor Action Personal
Effect: Anytime you are hit with an attack, and you are not shifted, slid, pushed, or pulled, you gain a +1 bonus to AC and Reflex defense until end of turn. If you are ever moved, you lose the bonus and are knocked prone.

Howling Wind
Daily ✦ Ki, Energy, Implement or Weapon
Standard Action Melee Attack
Hit: 4[W] + dexterity modifier thunder damage.
Special: Air Path only

Level 16 Utility Powers

Bison Flight
Encounter ✦ Ki
Standard Action Personal
Effect: You gain fly speed of 8 until the end of your next turn, and you may not attack while in flight.
Sustain Minor: You may sustain this power with a minor action until end of encounter or 5 minutes.

Ice Field
Encounter ✦ Ki
Effect: You create a zone of ice in the blast, freezing either the ground or water. The ice lasts until either destroyed or 1 hour when it melts away.

Earth Port
Encounter ✦ Ki, Teleport
Standard Action Personal
Effect: You may teleport your speed + wisdom modifier from any earthen spot to another earthen spot.

Heat Blur
Encounter ✦ Ki, Energy
Standard Action Personal
Effect: You are effectively invisible to creatures 3 or more squares away from you.

Whoo... only 7 levels left, and then like 6 paragon paths...