PDA

View Full Version : Epic Wizard Vs. Beast Planet

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-06-14, 04:02 PM
It has been said in the past that someone who goes up against an Epic Wizard needs to be able to survive being hit in the face with the sun, but how about a planet? or having a planet EXPLODE INSIDE THEM with no damage done?

I give you The Beast Planet (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTUSuvjiUZw)

So basically the question is, do you think that an Epic Wizard can find a way to destroy a massive planet-thing which devours worlds, and can survive having planets smash into it and explode inside of it without any effect at all? And vice versa, can the Beast Planet reasonably find a way to damage a guy who can apparently create solar systems at will? YOU DECIDE! (meaning for once I'm trying not to get involved in my own threads...)

Innis Cabal
2008-06-14, 04:14 PM
Wizard opens a portal to the far realms, that being probably one of the weakest things they can muster. The Beast planet is pulled into a place of paradoxies and insanity where lovecraftian entities and worse roam.

SAMAS
2008-06-14, 05:08 PM
What the hell did those lovecraftian entities ever do to you?:smallbiggrin:

Innis Cabal
2008-06-14, 05:59 PM
Nothing, but the insane and epic level horros of the far realm(and their not so epic most of the time Alieniests) have done alot to my characters.......

Illiterate Scribe
2008-06-14, 06:10 PM
So basically the question is, do you think that an Epic Wizard can find a way to destroy a massive planet-thing which devours worlds, and can survive having planets smash into it and explode inside of it without any effect at all?

Avasculate. Avasculate. Avasculate.

And vice versa, can the Beast Planet reasonably find a way to damage a guy who can apparently create solar systems at will?

Wall of force.

Emperor Tippy
2008-06-14, 06:19 PM
The Epic Wizard wins. Yeah, the Beast Planet can take a planet blowing up inside it but can it take direct impact with Black Holes? Or a whack from a disintegrate. It's an Object, not a creature, so it is auto affected by disintegrate. So all it takes in an epic disintegrate large enough to just erase it.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-06-14, 07:14 PM
The Epic Wizard wins. Yeah, the Beast Planet can take a planet blowing up inside it but can it take direct impact with Black Holes? Or a whack from a disintegrate. It's an Object, not a creature, so it is auto affected by disintegrate. So all it takes in an epic disintegrate large enough to just erase it.

I was going with its nature as a 'thing' making it susceptible to Avasculate, or better still, the Cosmic Descryer's 'LOL CL ∞ HOLY WORD'.

CannibalHymn
2008-06-14, 07:41 PM
Couldn't the epic wizard also hide from it indefinitely while he researched an epic spell designed to specifically and unfailingly destroy a Beast Planet?

Illiterate Scribe
2008-06-14, 08:31 PM
Couldn't the epic wizard also hide from it indefinitely while he researched an epic spell designed to specifically and unfailingly destroy a Beast Planet?

If that. If he has enough mitigation on hand - Solars in pokeballs (don't ask) spring to mind - then he can just -BAM- and create any spell in a day. Possibly from inside a flowing time effect, so he does it in no time relative to the outside world.

EDIT:Haha, disregard that. An epic spell with DC 0 would have a development time of 0 seconds, meaning that it gets 'rounded up to whole days' - 0 being a whole number.

Mr. Scaly
2008-06-15, 06:44 PM
Hehe. That must be one big Epic Wizard for the Beast Planet to have any interest in him at all.