PDA

View Full Version : Viscosity: IC Thread

alchemyprime
2008-06-14, 04:48 PM
Viscosity. Such an odd little trait of liquids. It is only how slowly a liquid can flow compared to another. So honey is more viscous than, say, a healing potion, since honey does not flow so well. Yet for some reason, people had a more peculiar trait: the ability to talk about the viscosity of their own humors in reference to dihydrogen monoxide when speaking to their family members, either when agreeing to help a family member or trying to get help.

However viscous the fluid in the cardiac system of a creature is in comparison to that vital chemical to life (except in the case of fire element and salt elemental creatures) is of no importance right now. What is important is the current amount of temporal, positive and negative energies in a being.

Specifically, the beings within a small tavern in the ghetto known as Big Town. Here, golmoids, half-giants, grendels, jotuns, goliaths, and cactacae are the dominant race, shoved to their own little corner by the nobles. The only touch of noble influence noticeable in this ghetto is the large tower bearing the symbol of House Denith and a large cobalt rune showing that the house was a co-op between Denith and a family of cobalt dragons. The tower was both the police station and the main source of work for the men in the ghetto.

But this in was an exception to the status quo. At the moment, it was near empty, but the River Mother tavern was known for its combination of friendly service and attractive serving wenches. It’s golmoid barkeep, Sir Spinel they call him, made sure to keep the bar as clean as possible… but the tables not so much. The only server on duty was a teenage girl that obviously had elf and frost giant blood running in her human veins.

In front of you all is a menu:

Spinel’s Special:
Choose a side, a dish and soup. Only 2sp.

SIDES:
Oatmeal
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Maple Honeyed Sweet Potatoes
Fried Rice

MAIN DISHES:
Turkey Leg
Mutton Chop
Roast Spider
Pulled Pork

SOUPS:
Beef Stew
Elven Onion Soup
Broccoli Cheese Soup
Soup du Jour

BEER:
Goblin Thudrud
Gnomish Light
Red Bitters
Dwarven Stout
Swamply Black

WINE:
Frostwine
Garnet Wine
Spiderblood Wine
Elven Moonwine
Bluedrop

The server comes to the community table where you are all sitting. “So what will yall be having?”

Meek
2008-06-14, 06:50 PM
I s'pose we pick a text color now then. I'll try indigo! Also...I'm a little confused 'ere, but I'll play along.
Athanasia is a harmless and delicate young woman, 5'6" in height, weighing 130 lbs. She has a girlishly pretty face, fair-featured with friendly eyes and expressive lips. Her body is light and slim. Her eyes are dark blue, and her hair is red with blond streaks and highlights. She wears it to mid-back and loose. It curls outward slightly at the ends in the back. She has long, orderly yet slightly curving bangs in front with a partition at the right-hand side of the forehead. The bangs on the left side of the face are longest. She has a headband on consisting of fine thread with a little silver gem in the center of the forehead.

Her outfit is a dress made of fine glamerweave that dazzles the eyes making Athanasia even fairer and more appealing a sight. It is an eastern-inspired knee-length, rather casual purple dress with long cone-ended sleeves, a side-slitted skirt and a high collar with plunging, v-shaped neckline. She has a pistol in a holster at her side and in a dress pocket, tiny bumps of bullets can be made out. Further above it, another holster has a rapier. She is wearing a signet ring from the Sophronia family, depicting a stylized image of a blue dragon's head.

She has her legs crossed, a smile on her face and is looking at the menu.

Athanasia scans the faces in the table as subtly as she can while reading the menu. She looks over it delicately at times.

"I'll take," She begins to order, pausing once to think on it, putting a finger to her lips, before continuing in her lovely voice, "The special please. Fried Rice, Turkey Leg, Broccoli Cheese Soup, with a Garnet wine."

Sucrose
2008-06-14, 09:02 PM
A somber man in a well-made suit of armor. A few strands of fire-red hair peek out from the bottom of his helmet's brow guard, and brush over a small hempen rope, with a lapis lazuli set in it.

Beneath them are a pair of sharp, greyish blue eyes. These are set in a tanned face, covered in scars.

His armor and clothing, and the sword at his back, are all competently cared for, but worn nonetheless. His green cloak is patched in many places, while his armor and sword are both the dull grey of steel that has seen more battles than your average man will see in his life.

He sits ramrod straight in his chair, eyes occasionally drifting from the menu to look about the room.

Menten looks up from his menu, and gives the waitress a quiet smile.

"The same here. I'd like the mashed potatoes, mutton chop, and onion soup. I'll drink the Gnomish Light."

With that, he hands her the sheet, and looks around the table with relatively obvious interest.

alchemyprime
2008-06-15, 12:37 AM
A dromite that none of you noticed earlier stands on his chair to be seen.

"Hm... whatttt ttto eattt... hmmmmmmm..." he began to say in the normal insect like humming the race was known for. "Oooh! I'lllll havve the swweeeetttt potttatttoessss, roasssstttt spidddder, and onion ssssoup. And I'd jussttt like watttter for my dddrink plllease."

The dromite looks to Menten and Athanasia. "Sszzo... who are you fellowsss? Also culllinarrry conisuerrrs or just passerrrrs by?"

The waitress nods. "It's 10 wyverns for the Garnet Wine and 6 drakes for the Gnomish Light."

MONEY CHART

Copper= flip
Silver= drake
Gold= wyvern
Brass Bell = 2 gold
Platinum= wing
Adamantium Piece (50 gold)= wyrm
Astral Diamond (10,000 gold)= Astral Diamond (no fancy name there)

Meek
2008-06-15, 12:45 AM
Curse everything...I should have brought more change. What am I even here for?

"Change my drink to something within 4 wyverns then. Surprise me." Athanasia says politely. She reaches into her handy haversack then puts the two drakes and four wyverns within the menu, folds it and hands it back, along with a two drake tip. She then turns to the Dromite. "A bit of both. How about you?"

Sucrose
2008-06-15, 12:48 PM
Menten turns to the dromite, and replies,

"Neither really. I'm actually a regular here. It's the best place I've found in this city. I don't think that I can really call myself a connoisseur if I don't bother eating everywhere, or at least experimenting very much."

After that, he fishes about in an interior pocket of his cloak, and draws out eight drakes, which he promptly hands to the waitress.

"I'm sorry about the delay, m'am."

alchemyprime
2008-06-16, 03:01 AM
"Ah. I seeeeee. I'm just a trrrravellerrrrrr who enjoyssssss good food and drrrrink."

The dromite sighs. He puts his 2 drakes on the table. "Thank you, misssssss"

Sucrose
2008-06-16, 07:28 AM
Menten's brow furrows, and he looks back over at his new conversational partner.

"Is something the matter, sir?"

KaganMonk
2008-06-16, 03:23 PM
Xeresaph is an unassuming Xeph of moderate hight, though seeming slight in weight. His long black hair is bound up behind him, out of his way and his green eyes sparkle as if with inner laughter. He carries no weapons, though his armor is of a decent make, and he doesn't seem at all concerned with his lack of armaments. A careful observer can see the sign of Nasuun etched on the strap of his backpack, though not in an obvious manner.

The Xeph seems at ease, though he is never completely relaxed. He opens his eyes when he hears the Dromite speak to his companions and smiles at his cautious friend's question.

I'm sure there's nothing wrong here. He seems to be a purveyor of fine foods. Tell me friend, do you sample the foods for a patron or merely your own enjoyment?

Turning around he catches the serving girl's eye and holds up 3 drakes.

Young lady, I would like the special, with garlic potatoes, roast spider, and beef stew and a glass of water if you don't mind.

Sucrose
2008-06-16, 05:44 PM
Menten shrugs, each shoulder moving to an exact fifteen degree angle with his neckline.

"One can never be too sure."

Meek
2008-06-16, 07:28 PM
Athanasia remains quiet, awaiting her food and examining everyone around her as subtly as possible to her. She is slightly unsettled by the appearance of all these strange characters, being all too used to comfortable surroundings. But she knows she has to learn to adapt, lest she fail at her long-intended goal...

Who are all these people, and what do they all want?

Rolling Perception/Sense Motive 'ere. Trying to see what Athanasia can read in people's body language, faces and so forth. On an unrelated note, an explanation as to why we're here might be nice as so far this has been...kinda abrupt for me :smallconfused:

[roll0] Perception
[roll1] Sense Motive

Arayl
2008-06-16, 11:35 PM
Draxaphix is a tall man with obvious draconic ancestry that showed itself as a silvery sheen to his skin and claws on his hands. He carries no other obvious weapons on his person, hanging from his chair is his pack which he carries his posessions in.

"I'll have the garlic mashed potatoes, pulled pork and beef stew with a glass of frostwine." Draxaphix says as he hands her the amount needed to pay for his meal.

alchemyprime
2008-06-17, 09:42 PM
All of you receive your food, and you come to learn that, while professionally he is a food critic for the gnomish paper the Silver Scroll, he is just here for pleasure. He tells you that a dragon oversees the paper since the owner is the dragon's brother in law. Eventually the dromite bids you adieu.

"My boss is a powerful adamantine. If you ever need help, I'll help you out. Glad to find other people that know the best food isn't always gourmet!" The dromite gives each of you cards and walks off. He seems to have mistaken you all for an adventuring party.

As you continue to eat, a new man comes in and sits with you all. He sees how you carry yourselves, and he pulls out a scroll.

"Listen, I need to know, how would yall like to help me? I need a couple of strong individuals such as yall selves and ifn I'm right, yall may want fo r afew couple of wyrms to toss around. How does that sound?"

He looks to Draxaphix and Athanasia. "Some on. We's kin. Silvers and all. Yall know what they say... blood has a viscosity of higher than 4.044 × 10−4, by howdy. Came all the way from the Blue Desert to find a couple folks fer help. So, do yall, kin or no, think yall can help me?"

Sucrose
2008-06-18, 01:47 PM
Menten wipes his mouth off on the edge of his cloak, and replies to the gentleman from out of town.

"Well, I can't speak for the others, but if your need is great enough to have you trek from the Blue Desert, I may well be willing to help. I'd need to know, though, just what you need us 'strong individuals' for."

alchemyprime
2008-06-18, 10:39 PM
"Right. I'm a noble stationed out in the Blue Desert on a count of I take care of a small town, called Streamwater. An ark-e-ologist came by and went into a ruin that he gone done and found a few hours out from the town. He came back with an artifact and a few baubles.

"Well, I left that morning for Redgrove, which we go and trade with an account of them having an artificer, when we doesn't. I come back the next morning to find everyone, ark-e-ologist included, killed, and every bauble missing. Luckily my family all lives in Silver City and Blue City, so none of my kin is hurt, but I lost a few good friends out there.

"A week passed by, and I had just finished all of the burials with two priests from Redgrove, one of Errvuun and one of the Sun Lord. After that, they left. But an Orien messanger brought me notice that Blackstaff and Chosen, two other towns, had been having people die in a similar way. All their humors drained out of them. But this was slower. Apparently this was over a few days.

"So what I think is going on is that the artifact was cursed. And the ark-e-ologist released that curse. So I need a few strong fellers and missus to grab that artifact and stop that curse."

The man's accent shows he's been in the desert a long time, but it is obvious that he needs help.

Sucrose
2008-06-19, 12:24 AM
Menten listens politely as the noble explains his situation, growing slightly blanched at the mention of the dead villagers. He then gives a curt nod.

"You have this strong feller. When do you intend to go back?"

Meek
2008-06-19, 01:11 PM
Athanasia eats delicately while listening. She wipes her mouth lightly, takes a drink, and looks to the noble.

"Depending on the benefits involved, I might be willing to help."

Getting on the good side of a real noble, even a relatively minor one, would be a great boon to me...

Arayl
2008-06-20, 03:19 PM
"I'm interested, so how long do you intend to stay before leaving for Streamwater?" Draxaphix says in between forkfuls of potatoes.

alchemyprime
2008-06-20, 09:33 PM
"I reckon I'll be here fer about a week. And as fer the rewards... my uncle is in Blue City, which we'll pass through on the way there. Since I'm pretty sure not all of you can take wing, I'll hire yall some riding birds. They hanlde the desert better than horses and the plains better than camels.

"My uncle can help me pay yall. Most of the money I kept in the town was used on the funeral..."

The man looks down and frowns. He then smells something. "Hey, barkeep. Bring me some pulled pork and a roast spider, will ya?" Spinel nods and heads into the back and sends the server out with some food for the new patron.

As she passes

MENTEN and Those that pass a DC15 Spot check only (you're on your honor here!)

The waitress winks at Menten and puts a small note by his glass.

Meek
2008-06-21, 01:29 AM
"Well, if somebody's paying, I suppose I can leave the confines of home long enough to help. Who knows...the experience might be good for me."

[roll0] Let's see if I pass!

Sucrose
2008-06-21, 01:53 PM
Menten pulls his glass over to him, and takes a few sips. He then glances over to his apparent new employer, and asks,

"Very well; how do you intend to meet us again, sir?"

only for DM, and those who passed the spot check
When Menten draws his glass over to him, he arranges it so that the note falls into his lap. If the writing was facing him, he read it before moving the drink.

Meek
2008-06-21, 03:17 PM
What was that about? Athanasia thinks. She does not act surprised however.

Arayl
2008-06-21, 05:18 PM
"Sounds like a good idea to me" Draxaphix says.

[roll0]

alchemyprime
2008-06-21, 09:22 PM
"I have my ways... Don't yall worry about me. But how about yall meet up in this here tavern on the day of our departure. Then I'll show up. Alrighty?"

The silver noble begins to turn away, but then tosses a small blue bag on the table.

"Theres 500 gold each in that bag. Its all in wyrms. Anything else would have been too heavy."

(That's 10 Wyrms each. Unless someone uses a good Slieght of Hand check...)

THE NOTE
(Menten only unless he decides to show it off or you make a DC 25 Spot check to see something in someone else's lap.)

Meet me out back after third bell-
Matrista

The silver noble leaves and a few other unimportant patrons walk in. But who cares! You have money now!

Sucrose
2008-06-21, 09:43 PM
Menten opens the bag, and draws out ten wyrms, which he puts in a pocket on his right thigh.

"I suppose that this is an advance, then."

Shifting back to be able to look at both of the other contractors at once, Menten says,
"If we're going to be working together to solve this problem, it might help to know a bit about each other. I'm Menten del Drachiel. I'm a fairly good swordsman, I have some skill with archery, and I have trained as a diviner. What about you two?"
alchemyprime, did you mean ten wyrms total, and thus 3.33 apiece? Anyway, Menten puts the note in his pocket along with the money.

Edit: Sorry, missed the "each" in the noble's statement. Post corrected. However, why are there only twenty? Aren't there three people who agreed to help out?

alchemyprime
2008-06-21, 10:05 PM
(No, I meant 40 wyrms total. 10 for... wait... yeah that works! 20 total. 10 each.)

alchemyprime
2008-06-23, 12:45 PM
(Did this game die? Really? That fast?)

Sucrose
2008-06-23, 02:49 PM
(Well, I'm still here, just waiting on response from the other two. Can't really say if it's dead, or if they're having trouble with the forums, or what. Anyway, could you please answer my edited in question?)

Meek
2008-06-23, 07:38 PM
Athanasia reaches into the bag to take her share. She wouldn't even think of sleighting more out. It's not her style. Besides, she has money. She's practically made of it thanks to the family she's in. Just the little problem of none of it being her own money.

"My name is Athanasia Sophronia. Daughter of the clan of Noble Blue Wyrms. My skill is being a genius." She smiles. "And a good looker, and talker." She brushes her hair over an ear while saying this, looking lightly flirty. She figures there's no real reason to say anything more than that – she's highly skilled. That's her asset.

GITP was being really slow for me, and over the weekend I barely bother to post because so many people seem to take the weekends off in this forum. Sorry.

Arayl
2008-06-23, 09:38 PM
Draxaphix gets his share of the money out of the bag and puts it into his pack for safekeeping. "I am Draxaphix, only son of a family with the blood of silvers running through its veins, I am trained in arcane magic and am also an expert in unarmed combat"

alchemyprime
2008-06-24, 04:53 PM
(Sorry about that. I'm a tad dysphagic. I normally type everthing into word due to my mentally caused bad spelling. But I can't catch when I hit the wrong numbers on the keyboard.

The real amount of coins in the bag: enough.)

Sucrose
2008-06-24, 10:53 PM
(Understood.)

Menten nods at each of his new compatriots' introductions, slightly smiling at Athanasia's self-analysis.

After eating in silence for a while, Menten finishes his food, and says,

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Athanasia, Draxaphix. However, unless either of you sees anything to discuss further, I would like to begin preparation for the journey. I don't want to leave any unfinished business, and I'd like to know as much as possible about the region before we set off."

Unless either of the characters objects over the next couple of real-time days, Menten stands up, and walks off to tell his family that he will be leaving soon.
DC 25 spot checks only
At third bell, Menten meets with the serving girl to see what she wanted to speak about.

Beginning the next morning, Menten will be researching the Blue Desert, particularly anything regarded as magical about the region, and even more importantly, anything involving curses. He's doing it now, as he has the advantage of Silver City's vast wizard's libraries.

KaganMonk
2008-06-25, 07:23 PM
Xeresaph pulls himself out of his thoughts and nods to Menten before the man walks off. I will be doing the same. My name is Xeresaph, by the way, a master of strategy and swords. I'll be in here about once a day and you can surely find me around town.

With that, Xeresaph tips his hat, takes his pay, and walks off to begin his research.

Sorry for the delay, I had a bit of a change in situation, but I'll work at posting reasonably.
[roll0]
[roll1]

alchemyprime
2008-06-25, 07:53 PM
MENTEN

The woman was just trying to say how cute you were and if you wanted anything she could give, she would. And she menat anything.

The Blue Desert is known for being part of the ancient Von Empire during the ancient Dragon-Von wars. It is said that it used to be a verdent jungle before the end of the war. But that war is the stuff of legends.

As for curses... It is said the Von were fleshweavers and bone users. They could make a man's own blood attack him if they wished it.

EVERYONE
[spoiler]
Describe your next few days, including purchases and activities with proper rolls if need be.

Then I will start you on the road to the Blue Desert.
[spoiler]

Meek
2008-06-26, 01:57 PM
Athanasia departs, heading back as surreptitiously as possible to the manor where she resides. She spends the next few days preparing for the trip. Firstly she explains to everyone why she is going, that a noble has hired her for help and that she wasn't doing anything of importance around here anyway. She explains it's not for the money anyway, and deflects any further comments. She takes her meals, bathes, and her preparations consist of doing little to nothing, as she already had supplies ready. She decides she'll try to shop a bit tomorrow though. There are probably things she's forgotten.

On her second day, Athanasia shops for an item she had some faint idea of, an Everfull Mug. She figures it will be helpful in the desert even though she has 5 waterskins. She'll also buy a good parasol (preferably with a lovely decoration) and a filter mask to protect from desert perils, and see if she can pick up four pots of Keepcool Salve while she's at it.

Everfull Mug is 200 gold, and fills up 3 times per day with 12 ounces per use of water, cheap ale or watered-down wine. Parasol/Filter Mask are 4 gold together (3 gold/1 gold respectively), four pots of Keepcool Salve are 200 gp. Parasol is a +1 bonus to Fort saves against Dehydration, Filter Mask protects from gases/desert storms, and the salve protects a medium creature from hot environments for a day each. Overall spent 404 gold.

On her last day before leaving, she goes to meet with her best friend to chit-chat and spend the day together. She'll try prodding her gently about what the rest of the nobles might think of her leaving to the desert to help some other noble out, and for any general gossip. But mostly she just wants to spend time with her only friend – who knows when they'll meet again...or under what circumstances. They'll go to a good restaurant, Athanasia's treat, and generally have fun before saying their farewells for the moment.

We never really fleshed out what her friend's name was, the sorceress friend, nor what she looks like. That'd be good to know >_>. I'm treating this as taking 20 on Gathering Information since she's spending the whole day out with her friend and they'll likely gossip and talk and SOMETHING of importance would probably come out of it. So 31 total on it.

Any concerns on the post and I'll edit.

Sucrose
2008-06-26, 02:56 PM
Menten del Drachiel

Realizing that he may want to acquire a few supplies while they're easy to come by, Menten acquires three waterskins on the next to last day of the week of prep time, which he will fill before leaving. He also looks for scrolls of Endure Elements and Mage Armor, which, if found, he'll try to copy into his spellbook, in case of desert emergency.

If there's any time amongst his preparations, he'll spend it equally amongst his friends and family.

I know it wasn't your main intention, Meek, but thanks for reminding me that our characters would want to be ready for actual desert difficulties.

If there's not enough time for all of his activities, then Menten prioritizes the three purchases in the order that they appear.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Edit:If a mage can take 10 on these checks, then Menten does so, but otherwise, it seems that he'll need to learn a bit more before he can actually use Mage Armor.

alchemyprime
2008-06-26, 07:44 PM
Meek

Okay, you used your contact. You name her. She's your friend.

And good job on the items. Can you tell me where they are? I hope not in one of the 3 books I don't have...

Sucrose

Hey, you got Endure Elements...

Besides, sheild trumps mage armor. Anyhoo, you can try again next level.

Oh, and btw: you have four days to spend with friends and family.

Meek
2008-06-26, 08:40 PM
Okay, you used your contact. You name her. She's your friend.

And good job on the items. Can you tell me where they are? I hope not in one of the 3 books I don't have...

Everfull Mug is in Magic Item Compendium. The rest are from Sandstorm. I just got out of a desert campaign, so I remember those things well. They're pretty nifty.

Okay, info on the Sorceress:

Amoenida Phagor: A proud, slim, straight, silver-blonde haired woman who looks as though she has barely escaped her teenage years with a smiling face and lightly developed figure. Positively radiant face. Carries herself in a charming, if slightly immature way. Total gossipmonger, and loves it when people shut up and listen to her, or just put in cursory remarks every once in a while – which Athanasia is very good at, so they get along extremely well. Athanasia actually likes just listening to chit chat for once as opposed to having to be socially forward herself.

alchemyprime
2008-06-26, 08:44 PM
Kay, thanks.

Sucrose
2008-06-26, 11:09 PM
Menten del Drachiel

Menten spends his last four days before the journey shooting the breeze with Arcturus, meeting new Boartusk recruits, choking down his father's cooking, and helping his brother with a few of the subtler nuances of spoken Elven.

ALCHEMYPRIME
Oh, I wasn't complaining, just stating the obvious. The last thing that he'll do before he leaves town is pick up some food for trail rations from the tavern.

KaganMonk
2008-06-27, 04:02 PM
I don't know how research works so add any bonuses as needed.
[roll0] about our employer.
[roll1] about the the condition people died of (from the description).
[roll2] unusual information in the Blue Desert.
and
[roll3] to find what the people of the town we're in might know about the Blue Desert or our noble friend.

Going to steal a couple of ideas from Meek:smallbiggrin:. 201gp

Xeresaph spends the first morning shoping for some useful items, including a filter mask and an everful mug. After that, he starts interviewing people to get some idea of what they are walking into.

He then spends the next three days researching anything on the Blue Desert and the ark-eo-logical expedition.

Arayl
2008-06-28, 01:41 AM
Draxaphix spends his mornings practicing his magic and fighting moves, in the afternoons he goes looking for information on the archaeological dig site.

Knowledge: History check[roll]1d20+10

alchemyprime
2008-06-29, 08:55 AM
(Okay.

I'm bumping this for now. Come tuesday, I'll be able to be here more consistantly. But some events have come up. On Tuesday, my priorities change from Job to Vacation. So I'll be on more often.

And thanks for letting me know about what everyone is doing.

Oh, and if Menten has 400gp lying around, he can buy a schema of Mage Armor. Works just like a scroll, but it recharges every day. So It's Mage Armor 1/day and you can keep it to try for your spellbook later. Just and idea Sucrose.)

Sucrose
2008-06-29, 01:07 PM
Thank you for telling me about this item; unfortunately, Menten doesn't have that kind of cash right now. Unless things go horribly awry, it won't be a huge deal anyway.

alchemyprime
2008-07-03, 10:03 PM
After all of you met up with your patron, he gave you a map to go to the Blue City. And your trip there was pretty much uneventful. But once you get into the city, an odd man stops you along one of the dustier side streets the map indicated to get you to the train station.

“What are you Silver Folk doing in this town? Don’t y’all know thar be a tax for Silver Folks around here?”

This man obviously has a wheellock and a Morningstar. And he means business.

Meek
2008-07-04, 02:40 PM
Athanasia looks at him disinterested and dismissively. "I know of no such tax."

alchemyprime
2008-07-04, 03:07 PM
As the man is about to tax you, a man that looks like a humanoid panda bear walks up and looks at him.

"The tax applies to you too, Pandaman. Pay up."

The panda just shrugs. He looks to the man. "No money. I am sorry."

"Then you aren't allowed in town. Besides, we don't take kindly to pandamen round here."

The thug attempts to attack the panda, who just sidesteps him and smacks him behind the neck, knocking out the thug.

"These men have been hustling travellers for weeks. However, I am here to find my brother. Why are you here?" The panda asks you as he looks at you all. He seems... to be very wise.

(Perception to see what you notice about him)

Meek
2008-07-04, 07:29 PM
Athanasia watches everything unfold with an eyebrow quirked. What...what in the hells...?

Perception [roll0]

Also: Sense Motive to see what, if anything, Athanasia can make out from his body language and such. She's not exactly a very trusting girl. [roll1]

Sucrose
2008-07-04, 08:09 PM
Menten del Drachiel

Though taken aback by the pandaman's appearance, Menten keeps his composure, and replies,

"We're here to help this village in what ways we can."

Glancing to the "taxman" on the ground, he adds,

"It seems as though there's quite a lot to be done."

[roll0]

alchemyprime
2008-07-04, 08:27 PM
My reason for stealing the pandaren from Warcraft. Only watch up to 1:01. (http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/151314/?tab=related)

ANd what's being made fun of (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHhSo0Y8xeo)

This is a Pandaren, a creature from the far eastern continent. He looks to be telling the truth.

"If where I wander I can help, then I shall..."

And with that he passes you on your riding birds and walks into town.

You have a few suggested options while in Blue City, but you can come up with anything. You can:

Go to the noble's house.
Go to the tavern to pick up on rumors and booze it up.
Go straight to the village.
Follow the Pandaren.
Do... something else...

KaganMonk
2008-07-06, 04:18 PM
Xeresaph
Well, that was interesting. But as interesting as it was, we do have a mission while we're here, so I suggest we get going to our good friend's house and get on with our mission. Looks at map Now if only I could figure out these hand drawn directions...

Sucrose
2008-07-06, 05:48 PM
Menten del Drachiel

"Agreed."

Menten takes a close look at the map.

"I think that the lopsided castle is his place, and the arrow is at the entrance that we're at now, so it should be..."

Menten points directly toward the center of the city.

"That way."

Meek
2008-07-08, 12:29 AM
Athanasia briefly looks at the map, and then immediately gives up trying to understand it. Trusting that someone else must somehow figure it out, she keeps quiet and tries to follow their lead. Nobody has asked her anything about herself or how she feels...and that's perfectly fine. In fact, best case scenario.

alchemyprime
2008-07-31, 09:41 PM
Yeah... this thread is going to go into Hiatus. I'll contact you all when I can restart. My other games, which are older and/or longer, come first. Sorry guys. You can join Lords of Creation if you want! Look in the Homebrew thread.

Sucrose
2008-07-31, 09:55 PM
Acknowledged; thank you for the closure, alchemyprime.