PDA

View Full Version : 4e template replacment (Heritage feats)

Kiren
2008-06-14, 08:11 PM
Some people may be upset of the removal of templates from forth edition *a price paid by the removal of La* All hope isn't lost for original characters, their was a book that added Heritage feats in 3.5 allowing a ancestors traits of a Pc to reveal themselves. That can be brought back. And I present the First Heritage feat of 4e, starting with a lost favorite, the werewolf.

Werewolf Heritage I

Heritage Feat
Tier: Heroic
Prerequisite: First level
Description: Your Wolven blood has cast you out from the rest of the crowd, you have finally embraced it. You gain the lunar transformation I power.

Lunar Transformation I

Werewolf Heritage Power
The dark of night, the fang of the wolf.
Daily Shape Change
Standard action
Self
Effect: Whenever the moon shows you are compelled to change into a Gray
wolf, make a will save 15 + level, if you fail you change and attack your allies,
if you succeed you can hold off the urge, make another for every 60 minutes,
you don't transform, if you transform after a succeeded save, you gain full control of your wolf form, for every time you hold off you need to make the save, failure of this save will result in uncontrolled transformation and attempting to kill anyone around you regardless of the first save.

Werewolf Heritage 2

Heritage Feat
Tier: Heroic
Prerequisite: Level 9 +
Description: Your power grows every full moon embraced, a new stride has been made.

Lunar Transformation II

Werewolf Heritage Power
You are part of the Night

Daily Shape Change
Standard action
Self
Effect: You now transform into a Dire Wolf Instead of a Grey wolf.

Werewolf Heritage III

Heritige Feat
Tier: Paragon
Prerequisite: 18+
Description:You have become stronger then your ancestors.

Add the following to your character sheet:

+4 to initiative
Low light vision
Regeneration 5 (if struck by silver weapon regeneration doesn't function next turn)

A bite attack: standard at will *Disease +12 vrs Ac, 1d6 +4 damage and the target takes ongoing 5 damage (fort save ends) and contracts moon frenzy (MM1 181)

Blood rage: The werewolves target automatically deals 4 extra damage to a bloodied target

Lastly when the third feat is taken transformation can be done during the day.

First draft hope you all enjoy*

Edit:The transformation can be done only at Nights, until the final feat is taken, and at third level you gain control and dont need to roll, for 1 and 2 when you fail the save its until the sun rises.

Pie Guy
2008-06-14, 08:20 PM
Seems over powered compared to the other feats. But when you say after a sucessful will save, Do you mean you make one save ever and you can turn into a werewolf? Or is it nightly? And can you do this during the day? Powers?

Kiren
2008-06-14, 08:24 PM
Seems over powered compared to the other feats. But when you say after a sucessful will save, Do you mean you make one save ever and you can turn into a werewolf? Or is it nightly? And can you do this during the day? Powers?

edited at bottom to answer your question.

Alucard
2008-06-15, 12:48 PM
I think Heritage feats will be an acceptable replacement to templates, and the use of feats keeps it very balanced imo.

(^^ Anto)