PDA

View Full Version : Vista Customisation Issues

B-Man
2008-06-15, 09:09 AM
Vista users, does anyone know how to import MSSTYLES windows themes from Win XP so I would be able to use them in Vista? I'm getting very sick of Windows Aero and I don't quite like the look of Windows Classic. The themes that I would like to import are located here (http://modvisc.blogspot.com/2007/09/more-anime-series-window-xp-theme.html).

If anyone would be able to help me out that'd be great. I really need to lie to myself that I'm not using Vista.

Samiam303
2008-06-15, 09:16 AM
1. Uninstall Vista
2. Install XP
3. Use XP Themes
4. ???
5. Profit!

Seriously though, I dunno that you can do that. I would think they'd have to be written differently for Vista than for XP, although I've tried to have as little to do with Vista as possible so I can't say for certain. Good luck!

Nebo_
2008-06-15, 09:20 AM
Vista

This right here is the problem.

Player_Zero
2008-06-15, 09:26 AM
Heh... Funny how noone likes Vista but now instantly like XP... I remember when Xp came out and noone liked it and they said 'install 98'. :smalltongue:

Thiel
2008-06-15, 10:05 AM
Ah but that's because Vista is exceptionally buggy/unstable compared to most of the alternatives available today.
Ad to that the fact that it has been marketed in an extremely aggressive and intrusive manner and you're bound to set the users on edge. On top of that, some of the earliest releases wouldn't even run. That's like buying a brand new car only to discover that the factory hasn't gotten around to fit it with an engine yet.

RS14
2008-06-15, 03:30 PM
Heh... Funny how noone likes Vista but now instantly like XP... I remember when Xp came out and noone liked it and they said 'install 98'. :smalltongue:

True, but in both cases, they were pushed onto consumers before the hardware was powerful enough for the new systems to be preferable for most people. Back in 2001, XP was a hog, but on current hardware, it's not a problem; and my old computer simply would not have run Vista, yet it ran XP nicely. Once I've got 8 Gigs of ram, multiple processors, and a Terabyte drive, maybe then I'll consider Vista a reasonable expenditure of resources.

Besides, XP is mature and stable. Vista is not. Foolish early adopters. :smalltongue: