PDA

View Full Version : D&D: the Musical!

Forevernade
2008-06-19, 12:47 AM
I am writing a comedic musical based on the hilarity that insues in real life when playing the game. It will be from the perspective of the characters, much like the format of the Order of the Stick comic.
Amongst others, and D&D itself (I was a 2nd edition creature myself), the humour of the musical is influenced by Monty Python, Fallout (PC series), Jhonen Vasquez (Invader Zim and JTHM) and of course now Order of the Stick.

As a preminder, I would like to say that I started writing it about a year ago as a weekend project and lost sight of it untill I came upon this webcomic, so the idea is NOT based on Order of the Stick, but has inspired me to complete the musical which I once started.

I decided to log the progression of the musical on the web because I have no real life friends. All jokes aside, the friends which I originally started writing it with abandoned the idea and have since moved on. I would think this forum to be a rich resource for feedback as I post up storyboards, ideas and lyrics over the next few months, and hopefully we can fill out the skeleton, which the musical is so far.

SurlySeraph
2008-06-19, 04:43 PM
This could be interesting. What do you have so far?

Aidan305
2008-06-19, 05:29 PM
Sounds interesting.

Somewhere around the place I have the first two pieces from a musical I started writing based around the Planescape campaign "Faction War".

I'd be interested in seeing what you have.

Renrik
2008-07-02, 07:25 PM
No.

I know, I love theatre, D&D, music, and musical theatre, but...

... No.

Don Julio Anejo
2008-07-02, 08:30 PM
Stupid question, but how exactly are you going to get people to come to the show? It's going to need a boatload of advertisement to find enough people who might be interested.

Unless you're just doing it for fun, then great.

Mr. Scaly
2008-07-02, 10:21 PM
On the outside chance that it ever gets produced, I will watch it. Just because. :smallwink:

Heckusai
2008-07-05, 04:11 PM
Sounds like a magnificent idea, though it will be difficult to pull off. Good luck.