PDA

View Full Version : Jeremiah

Jinura
2008-06-19, 03:32 PM
So, i just found my dads old stash of comics, it included about 15 of some comic called Jeremiah. I began reading it, and liked it pretty quick. It's about these two men, around their early twenties, who travel around a post-apocalyptic ( spelled?) North America that has been destroyed by wars against black and whites. Techonology is a mix of modern and earlier, the socities aren't developed, they got guns n' stuff, decent medicine, but the socities are torn apart by racism and corruption by what should seem to be the government, Jeremiah and his good pal Kurdy, travels around looking for work, and trying to find their place in the torn apart land.

However the comic never realy gained much popularity in the US... Well just wondering if anyone read some of em?

Kotuku
2008-06-19, 11:52 PM
I've never heard of it, but it sounds really interesting. Who published it, and when?

Jinura
2008-06-20, 12:31 AM
As i said, it never gained a foothold in America. You should be able to find some off Ebay i belive. Puplishing i belive was Strip Art Features.

kkortekaas
2008-06-20, 12:08 PM
You'll find that Jeremiah was also a tv series for a brief period as well as a RPG using the OGL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_%28series%29

Jinura
2008-06-21, 03:14 AM
Yeah i knew about the TV series.

Miklus
2008-07-02, 04:36 PM
I've read them. They are good, but kind of dark. I can see why they never got popular in the US. The nation being torn apart by a race war and all. Not a popular theme.