PDA

View Full Version : [4e]Homebrew fighter utility

Job
2008-06-21, 03:20 AM
Take One for the Team Fighter Utility X
Here I come; I’m ready to take one for the team.

Daily * Martial
Immediate Interrupt Personal
Trigger: An ally within Wisdom modifier +1 squares is the target of a melee attack.

Effect: Shift up to a number of squares equal to your Wisdom modifier +1 to bring you adjacent to the targeted ally, and then swap places with that ally. You are now the target of the triggering attack. The ally is considered to have been included as a target, but suffers no effects.

Just wanted to run this power by the forums to see if it is legal and correctly formatted.

Goober4473
2008-06-22, 01:29 AM
I think it just needs a note that it can't be used if you're unable to shift to them. Just because they're within 3 squares and you can shift 3 squares doesn't mean you can move to them, considering terrain, immobility, other creatures in the way, etc.

Could also use better flavor text, honestly...

Zeta Kai
2008-06-22, 02:04 AM
Also, it would be helpful if you changed the threat title to include a [4E], so people know that this is a 4th Edition homebrew.

Job
2008-06-22, 03:29 PM
Could also use better flavor text, honestly...

Yeah, it’s kind of an obtuse reference to a particularly disturbing episode of South Park.

Also, it would be helpful if you changed the threat title to include a [4E], so people know that this is a 4th Edition homebrew.

Will do,