PDA

View Full Version : Scissors of Death

Xuincherguixe
2008-06-22, 08:28 AM
I'm planning on having a weapon artifact, in the form of a pair of gigantic scissors. The problem however is that there seems to be no stats for a pair of giant scissors, and I'm not really quite sure what to compare it to. It seems only natural it would be a two handed Exotic Weapon, but I'm not sure what the critical modifier, or damage should be.

It might make sense to give this particular pair of doom scissors general awesomeness, my thought is that numerous non artifact weaponized scissors would exist.

Sonofaspectre
2008-06-22, 11:10 AM
I dunno, make the damage 2d6 - 2d8 (d6/d8 per scissor blade) then add the vorpal quality to it. That should do it, sufficiently well. Then give it some kind of head popping encounter/daily power, some kind of inner personality, cause come on, ancient artifact scissors have got be intelligent enough to have a very interesting ego, and watch your players go.

Xuincherguixe
2008-06-23, 06:04 AM
Well, I have a bit of an idea already as to what sort of powers it would have. Which are general corruption, and cutting through reality.

Sonofaspectre
2008-06-23, 06:08 AM
::whistle:: That's pretty hardcore. I stand by my numbers, and since you have the artifacty power-ness, I think all should be well. Maybe go ahead and instead of "Vorpal" just give them the high crit property.