PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a superhero/villain

itsmeyouidiot
2008-06-27, 02:33 PM
It's exactly what it sounds like! I'd like to hear your ideas for a superhero/villain. My superhero would be a guy with the power to control pasta (somewhat inspired by the pastamancer class from the Kingdom of Loathing (http://www.kingdomofloathing.com) RPG.)

His frequent nemesis would be Recurritsu, a ninja with the power to be a pain in the ass, with a critical weakness of not knowing when to give up. His weapon of choice would be a pair of swords that have a bend in the blade, like a boomerang, allowing him to throw them at his foes like a boomerang. He can also use ninja magic to transform into a boomerang when defeated, flying off into the horizon. He would come back some time later, of course. :smallbiggrin:

EDITZ: I also think Recurritsu should have have a theme song that inexplicably plays when he's nearby. It would probably sound something like this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CMTXyExkeI)

Collin152
2008-06-27, 03:37 PM
Detective Dan Reeves, with the power to alter his genetic structure to that of any DNA he is in contact with. But only that, and only as long as he's in contact with it.
So, he finds a pool of blood, uses his power, turns into a blonde woman. He knows the face of the woman, but his hair is no longer, and if either of them dye their hair, worthless to determine color with.
So his power only kinda helps him.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-27, 03:42 PM
I'm Da Rogue.

UserClone
2008-06-27, 07:34 PM
You are not!

Player_Zero
2008-06-27, 07:52 PM
Ever played City of Heroes/Villains? There's lotsa' weird ones there...

I made a guy named Mr. Bones. He killed people with bones. His power was bones. His name was bones. Good times.

Jayngfet
2008-06-27, 08:24 PM
I've been thinking of a few.

Celestial:Can control solar winds(if memory serves that stuff can make tiny holes in space suits when on the moon), concentrating them into Raining Multicolored missiles.

The flail:Can regenerate, regrow and manipulate his body. Named after his favorite trick of growing spiky bones on his hand and extending his wrist into a long jointed rope.

Feral:He's squirrel girl, without the squirrels(basic strength/reflexes/speed/claws and teeth).

MindFlayer:Not a purple squid thingy. He can make basic things with his mind(Crude wings for gliding, a weapon for combat), and can read mids, named after his favorite trick of rearranging you're brain from a hundred paces.

itsmeyouidiot
2008-06-27, 08:35 PM
I'd like to see a "plant man" someday.

He can do all sorts of plant-related things, like attacking with vines or thorns. He would be green, mostly, with two large leaves sticking out from his shoulder, allowing him to draw energy from sunlight. This can be both a great advantage and a great weakness, as his power wains in dim light. On the plus side, he can hold his breath for up to 2 hours at a time, since the oxygen produced from photosynthesis can be used for respirating.

Lord Magtok
2008-06-27, 09:04 PM
I had an idea for a superhero group called The Retaliators. It'd be made up of the Amazing Lighterman, who'd be your typical fire-based hero, Captain Amsterdam, defender of red-light districts everywhere, the Incredible Dolt, who'd serve as comic relief for the group, Daredemon, the deaf, blind, and mute guy with the power to be just as capable as an ordinary human being without physical handicaps, and Mary Sue, who'd be aware of the fourth wall and would be genre savvy and would be hated by fans of the group everywhere.

Shraik
2008-06-27, 09:46 PM
Me and my friend thought up a funny as hell superhero.
Basicly he can shoot lightning, but it only happens when he...
Now that I think about it, mentionin it isn't appropriate

evisiron
2008-06-27, 10:06 PM
I'd like to see a "plant man" someday.

He can do all sorts of plant-related things, like attacking with vines or thorns. He would be green, mostly, with two large leaves sticking out from his shoulder, allowing him to draw energy from sunlight. This can be both a great advantage and a great weakness, as his power wains in dim light. On the plus side, he can hold his breath for up to 2 hours at a time, since the oxygen produced from photosynthesis can be used for respirating.

Funny you should mention that...

In a PhB superhero game I am playing as 'Nosferatu', a student who has gained plant like abilities (tougher and heals quickly due to no organs and skin-bark, stronger/faster due to photosynthesis energy etc). Of course, being a plant man is pretty lame, so he puts up the image of being a kind of vampire. A vampire that craves the sun, but still... :smallwink:

Djinn_in_Tonic
2008-06-27, 10:07 PM
Santa Crush was a favorite. A big, burly biker with a tremendous white beard and a love of red clothing. Had incredible strength and a host of ice related powers.

Also, he knows when you've been sleeping, and he knows when you're awake.

Rather scary, that. :smalleek:

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-27, 10:24 PM
Messageboard Man spams and trolls until the villains give up on the internet.

Innis Cabal
2008-06-27, 10:36 PM
Played CoV, made a villian that used radioactvity and ice, friend in CoH made his Hero counterpart who was essendtialy a samurai

Shraik
2008-06-27, 11:19 PM
My friend made an RPG based of MYstery Men.
It was funny as hell. With powers such as
"Explode: You can explode in firery death killin those around you. And yourself in the process:
"Soviet Agent: For some reason, everyone thinks your a soviet agent. And your not even russian. And its 2008"
"Magnetism: You are magnetic"
I got Magnetism. I couldn't shave or cut my hair, So I looked like a member of ZZ Topp. Had random metal trinkets stuck to me. Couldn't wake up or down metal stairs. Or stand next to traffic. Couldn't have surgery performed on me. Couldn't get shot(it was all metals). Couldn't use silver ware. Or listen to music, use a computer, TV, or almost any Technological object. I could not drive. Or get fillings.
We made my origin "I crawled into the microwave as a baby, and this happened"

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2008-06-27, 11:55 PM
Toiletry, the sewer villain.

Basic human-type villain, lives in the sewers, is constantly grimy and covered in sewery slime. His power: Command over Sewage. A geyser can be made of a drain, a monster can be made of poo, and the streets shall fill with the stench of filth!

Basic backstory: infant begins to exhibit sewage-based powers, is abandoned. Makes it into the sewer, brecomes hermit, thrives.

TheShadowSage
2008-06-28, 01:43 AM
Captain Irrational.

He exists solely to make a fool out of himself, and defy logic to confuse villains doing it. He is my alter-ego.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2008-06-28, 06:00 AM
None can compare to my main character on City of Heroes: The Adjective Noun! "I am not the Incredible Hulk, the Amazing Spider-Man, or the Invincible Iron Man. I am...THE ADJECTIVE NOUN!"

Who cares what his powers are? The name says it all. :smalltongue:

UserClone
2008-06-28, 06:59 AM
I had an idea for a stuper-hero whose only power was to smash through any wall - but only if he shouted, "OH, YEAH!" and offered whatever was on the other side some Kool-Aid.