PDA

View Full Version : RPG looking for Artists : Might be paid

yougi
2008-06-30, 12:44 AM
So I've been looking to create a med-fan RPG in flash, it's been a real dream of mine growing up, and now that I know flash, I'm realising my art skills are really poor. And as such, I'd like to get help.

I'm not looking for very high quality art, just for general backgrounds, furniture, items and creatures/NPCs... there should be quite a few different looks I'd like, but I'd like homogene art.

The game will probably be hosted on Kongregate once it's done, and since they have contests for cash over there, there's a chance you might get profit.

About the RPG: I want it to be as sandbox as possible, but in a real hack n' slash mode more than a in-depth roleplaying one. The main goal would be to to assemble as good a party as possible to compete into fighting tournaments. To make your team better, you can recruit new characters, but before, you have to unlock the possibility to get new classes and races for your party (you can do such a thing in completing certain quests), and by getting equipment (which will be made better by stones, gems, runes and such things) and leveling your character.

To make sure it doesn't fall into a Diablo remake, you won't have control on what skills your chars will get when leveling up. As such, you'll have to get equipment to maximize the randomly-selected skills your character gets. You won't be able to min-max your characters. That, though, is still uncertain.

If any of you is interested in development of the arts, or would like to help on the mechanics, or would just like to know how it's going, you can join us on the (not yet active) forum at http://fighterguilds.forums-free.com (http://fighterguilds.forums-free.com/)

BooTheHamster
2008-06-30, 01:05 AM
This sounds interesting. I'm intrigued. I'm a bit antsy for some more stuff to use my drawing tablet on and I usually have a lot of free time. Any particular style you'd want the artwork in, or would that be up to the artist?

BTW, you can check out some of my artwork if you follow my banner, see what you think.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-30, 01:37 AM
This sounds interesting. I'm intrigued. I'm a bit antsy for some more stuff to use my drawing tablet on and I usually have a lot of free time. Any particular style you'd want the artwork in, or would that be up to the artist?

BTW, you can check out some of my artwork if you follow my banner, see what you think.

I'm wondering that as well.

yougi
2008-06-30, 07:03 AM
Your art style is very fine with me, you can come on the forum and we'll see from there. I have posted such a message on deviant art also, and we'll see how everything meshes.