PDA

View Full Version : Imbued Tactic weapon enchantment.

Aquillion
2008-07-06, 05:08 AM
What do you think about this weapon enhancement?

Imbued Tactic

When an Imbued Tactic weapon is created, select any non-epic [Fighter] feat that provides bonuses with a weapon, or additional combat options with a weapon; that feat is part of the prerequisite to creating the weapon.

Whenever an Imbued Tactic weapon is wielded by anyone who meets all the prerequisites for the feat it contains (and who does not already possess that feat), they are treated as possessing that feat for the purposes of using the enchanted weapon only (defined as rolls -- such as attack, disarm, sunder, etc -- that directly use the weapon, or additional combat options that the feat grants using the weapon.) Even if they duel-wield it with another weapon, they can use the feat granted by Imbued Tactic only with the weapon it enchants.

Any bonuses the feat grants that do not directly apply to using the enchanted weapon are lost.

The feats granted by this enchantment cannot be used for prerequisites (even for other Imbued Tactic weapons.)

...is this a useful and balanced weapon enchantment? What plus should it be equivalent to?

insecure
2008-07-06, 06:08 AM
I like the idea, and it's a useful enhancement, but i think that lots of fighters just would take the feat as a bonus feat, and gain another weapon enhancement, like speed, or something. I'll put it at +2.

DracoDei
2008-07-06, 06:55 AM
Which still leaves Barbarians, Clerics, Rangers, Paladins, and maybe rogues who would like this.... Technically though... what is the most restricted feat out there? Weapons Specialization... which I would put as a +1 bonus because it adds 2 to damage and none to hit, rather than +1/+1 which is what you get for taking a weapon from +2 to +3 or whatever.

Edit: Wait... what is the enhancement bonus equivalent for "Range" enchantment? Because that is basically the same thing as "Far Shot" or maybe a bit better...

insecure
2008-07-07, 05:55 PM
Which still leaves Barbarians, Clerics, Rangers, Paladins, and maybe rogues who would like this....

Oh, i misread it. Thought that it only is fighters that can use the feat...